My Archer: R9 Gear Boundless (4th cast) vs R9 Limitless (3rd cast)

Hello all,

I have searched the forum and found various topics regarding the infamous Boundless vs Limitless - yes i found some topics Limitless vs Boundless wep and their proc ability consistency etc. but my situation is a bit different. I feel this is entirely my own fault and that I did not do enough research.

I feel quite embarrassed about this but here it goes:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9903343-boundless-gear-sneak-peek!

I quote from the link: "Your current Rank 9 Limitless gear can be upgraded at the Boundless Forge in Archosaur at 549, 675. Boundless gear is not necessarily stronger than the current max level Rank 9 gear, Limitless, but contains stats more oriented for Player vs. Player combat. Both sets are amazingly powerful and are guaranteed to make your foes to run for cover when you take to the battlefield. Finally you will be able to don the armor you see on the character select screen when making a new character!"

I want to focus on the bold which I highlighted - yes it says clearly that it is not necessarily stronger than the current max level Rank 9 gear, Limitless. BUT it is more oriented for PVP.

So I had this debate with a couple of people and compared my gear with other Archers on the Server with similar stats / build / gear / refinement / card sets / sky level (Twilight 10) etc....the bottom line is I am still weaker in EVERY single aspect (Pure dex archer build).

My elemental + phys def is less. Because I do not get the +100 dex from the Limitless set bonus, my physical attack is about 10k+ down. My crit percentage is also lower (Obviously because of the missing 100 dex).

I have checked multiple times with the in game simulators vs the character simulators you can find on the internet and everything tells me the Limitless gear is still way stronger. Yes you can refine your belt but is still doesn't make a huge difference.

So yes.. I made a mistake. I have the full set of Boundless gear. I am stuck. I cannot revert back and I have opened support tickets basically "begging" for them to take me back to Limitless but unfortunately they cannot assist.

My question is still how is this gear more pvp orientated (As per link). Less damage? Less crit? Less def? I can clearly see a massive dmg difference between me and a Limitless geared Archer.

What boggles my mind is what benefit does this gear have? Yes the weapon is stronger but what about the rest? Everything else is weaker and I feel that I failed myself as an Archer and basically WASTED my money entirely on Boundless gear.

I upgraded to boundless more than a year ago and I realize my mistake now.

What now? I'm a fail archer with **** damage

Comments

• shineni#2821
    shineni#2821 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Man, unfortunately you're right, this gear is basically worse in every aspect expect the belt when +11/+12, we had a Psy on Tideswell, which went full boundless when they implemented, and now even with NP ( Non- reborn), still have less m.atack than an AEU rb2 psy with r9 Litmitless, he quitted now but it was pretty sad indeed.

However there's still a light in the end of tunnel for you, and that comes as the new system implemented on Pwcn not long ago, Basically this system allows you to choose what gear set you want, implying that you can choose Litmitless gear set, making the boundless set a win-win situation.

And if you feel like improving even more, the new g17 gear to come probably next year along with the new system to choose Gear Sets, you need boundless r9rr to directly upgrade it to g17r3. But for now yes, there's not much you can do unless the tickets brings any results, sorry mate.
  • thetruesinsz
    thetruesinsz Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    rommies wrote: »
    Hello all,

I have searched the forum and found various topics regarding the infamous Boundless vs Limitless - yes i found some topics Limitless vs Boundless wep and their proc ability consistency etc. but my situation is a bit different. I feel this is entirely my own fault and that I did not do enough research.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9903343-boundless-gear-sneak-peek!

I quote from the link: "Your current Rank 9 Limitless gear can be upgraded at the Boundless Forge in Archosaur at 549, 675. Boundless gear is not necessarily stronger than the current max level Rank 9 gear, Limitless, but contains stats more oriented for Player vs. Player combat. Both sets are amazingly powerful and are guaranteed to make your foes to run for cover when you take to the battlefield. Finally you will be able to don the armor you see on the character select screen when making a new character!"

I want to focus on the bold which I highlighted - yes it says clearly that it is not necessarily stronger than the current max level Rank 9 gear, Limitless. BUT it is more oriented for PVP.

So I had this debate with a couple of people and compared my gear with other Archers on the Server with similar stats / build / gear / refinement / card sets / sky level (Twilight 10) etc....the bottom line is I am still weaker in EVERY single aspect (Pure dex archer build).

My elemental + phys def is less. Because I do not get the +100 dex from the Limitless set bonus, my physical attack is about 10k+ down. My crit percentage is also lower (Obviously because of the missing 100 dex).

I have checked multiple times with the in game simulators vs the character simulators you can find on the internet and everything tells me the Limitless gear is still way stronger. Yes you can refine your belt but is still doesn't make a huge difference.

So yes.. I made a mistake. I have the full set of Boundless gear. I am stuck. I cannot revert back and I have opened support tickets basically "begging" for them to take me back to Limitless but unfortunately they cannot assist.

My question is still how is this gear more pvp orientated (As per link). Less damage? Less crit? Less def? I can clearly see a massive dmg difference between me and a Limitless geared Archer.

What boggles my mind is what benefit does this gear have? Yes the weapon is stronger but what about the rest? Everything else is weaker and I feel that I failed myself as an Archer and basically WASTED my money entirely on Boundless gear.

Do not lose your hope and keep spamming GM with your request.
    Post edited by thetruesinsz on
  • stormiiy
    stormiiy Posts: 3 Arc User
    rommies wrote: »
    Hello all,

Do not lose your hope and keep spamming GM with your request. There is one seeker on TT (Prespire) and he made same mistake like you.

Most funny thing is GMs gave him new Limitless r9 gear and let him keep boundless too, so now he has 2 sets of r9 gear. (which is pretty unfair). But PWI is helpfull and generous to people who put thousands into this game.

Propably you do not cashshop much enough so they really wont help you anyhow.

There you go

Enjoy the game!

that same seeker also scammed the gms with crown/emperor/nuema chest (forgot the details, but he made them send the reward to a "friend" but ended up playing that char) from an event and he made whole TT server send him glyphs to "test" and got himself some juicy free glyphs.

support saying they cant assist is a lie. they just dont wanna.
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Yeah they did fix his gear and allow him to keep his other stuff due to "not being able to npc it" apparently (which is most likely a lie). When ticketing its kind of a russian roulette system some GM's aka PWI interns are nice and help u out and some are lazy af obviously ...... proven by their lack of gaf about this game in general. Its best just to keep spamming tickets and tbh if i were u would even mention these particular person on TT server they allowed to have his gear back as an example of DOUBLE STANDARDS if they keep denying you. This is how like 5 ppl got free Neuema Portal Cards on TT because another particular person whined they missed a promo and basically got handed a Nuema Portal card or 2 for free on several toons (some of which were their friends toons as well) so ppl started ticketing "well you did it for ______________" and the GM's basically handed them Nuema Portal cards to hush too lolz. So you see Persistance and Dirt on their botch ups gets you places in PW!!
    Post edited by phage69 on
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Boundless R9 is the Chinese version of R9 third cast that exists in every single version of Perfect World, except ours. PWI has Limitless R9, a set of R9 third cast gear that exists only in our version. People say it was created at the request of PWE, before PWCN actually got their third cast, but I do not know the truth. As you have concluded yourself, yes, Limitless R9 armor is superior, except for the weapon. Boundless R9 weapon is a little stronger.

Sorry to say, but there is nothing you can do except for warning other people not to get Boundless.

However there's still a light in the end of tunnel for you, and that comes as the new system implemented on Pwcn not long ago, Basically this system allows you to choose what gear set you want, implying that you can choose Litmitless gear set, making the boundless set a win-win situation.

I doubt PWCN will include the Limitless R9 bonus in that system right away. We did not get an upgrade forge for our Nation Wars exclusive rings/cape to Arigora rings/cape until a few months later. For whatever reason, PWCN doesn't seem to care enough about accommodating our PWI exclusive content to new expansions.

Ever since Kalyst left, it doesn't seem like there are any active GMs here to take player feedback. While there is a chance PWCN might include Limitless R9 bonus in the "set bonus" system (considering the value of the gear), I wouldn't count on it.

And if you feel like improving even more, the new g17 gear to come probably next year along with the new system to choose Gear Sets, you need boundless r9rr to directly upgrade it to g17r3.

This is true, however there is something else to keep in mind. That update is 4-5 months away (unless they decide to rush it, but that means more bugs). Upgrading from Boundless R9 to G17 third cast still requires some materials. Coupled with what I said in my previous paragraph, we're looking at a potential wait time of a year (or more) until OP's current gear has more value. A year is a long time in an MMORPG.

Why do we have Boundless and Limitless R9? Because China decided it wants PWI and PWCN to be more alike, except they expect PWI players to pay for it instead of, y'know, just changing all Limitless R9 to Boundless or something.
    ​​
  • rommel#2591
    rommel#2591 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Thanks for all the feedback. Like I said I am stuck. Meh...guess i need to focus on getting to Royal Sky 10 and better war avatar cards.

I really wish the support is like WoW. They almost help instantaneously with any support request..oh and the character Server transfer is awesome. I am 10 hours ahead of Pacific time - that means TW and all events is a real pain and on top of it all..I have wasted my money ahaha....this game..anyway...I hate it, but I love it....been playing since 2009. It just feels so wrong to quit a game which I have been playing 10 years +
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I don’t understand why people still want to accuse me of scamming GM’s...

Accusation 1: Have both sets of China and US R9- full out lie I had held the China set hostage until a GM had provided me with my refines after that I was given binding charms by GM’s and instructed to destroy the gear.... I only have one R9 set and took a 4bill loss of coin to get reverted back with no compensation for any of the mats spent on upgrading.

Accusation 2: Scammed Nuema portal chest/Crown/emperor and played another toon...
    Also a lie people still don’t seem to understand I was extremely lucky and won the 9th anniversary mount raffle on pure chance and got Nuema portal chest( stupidly opened for Astrid) Crown and emperor.... all 3 I used on my toon and not once have I ever played another persons toon.... Duckblades and Prespire are on the exact same account I don’t know how to make this anymore abundantly clear..... I have never once played another persons toon as I have enough of my own toons to worry about.

Accusation 3: Got free glyphs on release....
    Another lie I had worldchatted for the entire month of the expansion that obtained glyphs and had payed 2-3mill a piece for each lvl 1 glyph... Due to the accusations of stealing glyphs I even went to the extreme of giving away 8 lvl 4 glyphs that I had payed roughly 800mill each for... as well as a pan gu and +10 G14 pdef neck if I’m not mistaken was given to some sin called KAWAYOO

Now onto the topic yes you can end up getting a reversion and yes it’s completely possible to do so with GM’s the only downside is this.... My reversion took a full year of fighting with GM’s to finally resolve and in the end they wouldn’t even let me reroll my R9R3 gear so stats on it are abysmal... GM logged after people QQing of me having two R9 sets and provided me with binding charms to destroy the China set and shards/refines previously in my China set. Again downside is you loose the mats and don’t get a chance to reroll the R9 as well as the year that it takes to even get anywhere with GM’s.

So please @stormily
    Please check your facts before accusing me and making yourself get called out on all the stuff...

Thanks, Prespire/Duckblades/Sardintini/Duckbringer
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    The gear is Prettier, and unique.

But i think you should focus on the main problem at hand. The obvious solution is to get a new 3rd cast set. And even if you dont think you can now. They have sales all the time, it's not a far out of the question problem at least i dont think so. You already have the 300k rep and the wep.

Thats about all i can think of, you screwed homeboy. ^.^
  • kuglepen
    kuglepen Posts: 48 Arc User
    What about your two arigora rings that you also only supposed to have 1 of. Last time I saw you link them you had two 4th cast, like as if you totally werent working on upgrading them.
    Just curious.
  • hurrdurrurr
    hurrdurrurr Posts: 54 Arc User
    Sadly OP either has to fight with GMs to get back to S3 or deal with being S4. Its definitely downgrade for archers outside of the weapon. You should be slightly tankier if your belt is +12 - not really worthwhile trade on a class, which lacks dmg as it is.

But there was a lot of posts bout this subject when S4 came out on PWI and consensus was armors being mostly a downgrade. It sucks you didnt see the info on time but it was out there - Take it as a learning experience and do your research in future upgrades.
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    kuglepen wrote: »
    What about your two arigora rings that you also only supposed to have 1 of. Last time I saw you link them you had two 4th cast, like as if you totally werent working on upgrading them.
    Just curious.

I believe a friend said he had also kept his boundless belt as well as getting back his r9 belt too not sure if he still has it but yeah gets best of both worlds with tht really considering best piece of the boundless is the belt lolz.........
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    And no my 2nd arena ring and reason I was even worldchatting it was to bring it to the attention of GM’s that if you had 2 stars destiny 2 fingerbead and upgraded to G17 3rd cast ring (wither) via NW forge you’d craft two rings despite only having access to one arigoria ring.....
    What makes it sad is that most likely you were one of the many people messaging me askin how to do the glitch and get 2 G17 rings...
    For the people wondering it’s patched now and I took it upon myself to only make it known to GM’s on how to preform said glitch...

And again read my post above all of R9R4 Boundless gear was bound and destroyed and verified that it was destroyed by a GM...

I ran with a +9 jaden MDef belt for a bit during the broken pack shenanigans promo but never did with 2 belts....

Now stop changing the topic help the dude and stop trying to call me out on stuff. If you got an issue and you have proof please report me to GM’s so I can get banned..
    No, ok then keep it to yourself.
  • rommel#2591
    rommel#2591 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Ok I found something interesting (with my gear all +12) - no shards / no star chart / no avatar cards / no blessing / no buffs / shifting sky X / Lvl 105x3

Literally just my gear on max refinement

R9S3 gear with R9S4 bow - http://pwcalc.com/ba5c89a49648aee2

R9S4 gear with R9S4 bow - http://pwcalc.com/94d637cf64a5c589

Summary:

R9S3
    HP = 16920
    MP = 3393
    Dmg = 19866-26483
    Crit = 54%
    Phys def = 11993
    Elem def =8209
    Attck lvl = 117
    Def lvl = 42
    Soulfroce = 54300

R9S4
    HP = 19521
    MP = 3393
    Dmg = 18869-25111
    Crit = 58%
    Phys def = 13653
    Elem def =9836
    Attck lvl = 117
    Def lvl = 46
    Soulfroce = 58335

Conclusion R9S4:
    HP +2601
    Damage minus plus/minus 1.5k
    Phys def + 1660
    Elem def + 1627
    Crit + 4%
    Def + 4
    Souforce + 4035

Again this is without any buffs / card sets / star chart etc.

Is R9S4 actually worth it?