2 Classes Added in PWCN: Technician and Edgerunner

asterelle
asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
A new expansion has just hit PWCN and inside the files are preparations for 2 new classes: "Gunner" and "Paladin" (unofficial names).

These classes have not yet been announced yet by China and appear to still be in development but some of their
data has been filled in in the client.

EDIT: These classes have now been released so this is a full version of the skills.

Skill Translations:
Gunner Skills Translated by mymbarb

Paladin Skills Translated by mymbarb

Original Chinese skill descriptions

The Gunner is a LA Human class gender-locked to female. The skills are fairly similar to archer but with traps to use in melee range and they use Guns. They are a little light on control skills but have high damage and great defenses.

The Paladin is a HA Elf class with dark wings gender-locked to male. They use a sword and shield. They have a "shield energy" needed for some skills and can switch its damage type from physical to any of the 5 magic elements.

Both classes have skills that can be used while stunned.

It will likely be another 6 months before they come to PWI, expect them to arrive around mid 2019.

If anyone wants to provide a proper translation for the skills post it here!

UPDATE 10/12: New classes have been officially announced here: http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20181012/80891.shtml
Release date is 10/31

UPDATE 10/19: "Engineer" and "Winged Vanguard" names were used in this video released today but those are not quite official.

UPDATE 10/21: In game video of the new classes

UPDATE 10/24: The test servers are now live and I have an updated client!

UPDATE 10/26: Added link to translated Gunner skill descriptions (thanks to mymbarb)

UPDATE 10/28: Added link to translated Paladin skill descriptions (thanks to mymbarb)

UPDATE 01/09: The "preparations" for the classes are now present in our client. The official names are Technician (aka Gunner) and Edgerunner (aka Paladin).

UPDATE 05/22: The classes have now been released in PWI, Technician and Edgerunner are indeed the names.

​​
Post edited by asterelle on

Comments

• nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Some rough google translate info for anyone that wants a peak at it before proper translations come out
    https://pastebin.com/vvStn0bq
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Anyone who actually starts these classes and takes them seriously must truely believe in this games longevity
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Anyone who actually starts these classes and takes them seriously must truely believe in this games longevity

In China sure. Here, not so much.

Remember, they develop for China. Our version is a kind of **** child of the original. tiger-2.gif​​
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    HA elf, LA human? Maybe getting all armor types for each race. If that were to happen, I wonder if they would continue do 2 classes at a time or more/all.
  • zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    shopcheese wrote: »
    HA elf, LA human? Maybe getting all armor types for each race. If that were to happen, I wonder if they would continue do 2 classes at a time or more/all.

Now I cant wait for a Light Untamed.
  • sh1rot4nuki
    sh1rot4nuki Posts: 6 Arc User
    It is a bet, anyone with money can bet that new classes are always broken.
    Notice some of those descriptions...
    "Preparation time 0.1/Cast time 0.8 seconds" = fast skills ?
    "Cast interval 1.0 seconds" = Spammable skills ?
    "The position of the afterimage cannot exceed 50 meters." = step back super far ?
    "Mahayana" = 100% speed + anti stun + 50% dmg reduction. >.> ?
    "Quickly place a wound-inciding mechanism under the feet, and the enemy enters" trap for melees ?
    "Passive skill - Increases the hit rate by 10%" = Sage 5 aps ?
  • starfall#4900
    starfall#4900 Posts: 30 Arc User
    I'm probably going to be one of the few people here who think introducing a new class is a bad idea when they haven't even nerfed/fixed the Nightshades yet
  • blazerboy
    Cards,20.0 starchart, g17.4+ weapons and eventually g17.3 armors and +3 and now a new sky level for these new classes. Yea pass whoever mains this you can have all this I’m content watching others play it on YouTube lol
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    All they really needed to make a lot of money is... Move refine up to plus 13 .. all the die hard gotta win pvp would have to roll out the dough to stay in that gotta win mode
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    wettstyle wrote: »
    All they really needed to make a lot of money is... Move refine up to plus 13 .. all the die hard gotta win pvp would have to roll out the dough to stay in that gotta win mode

I read somewhere the game can do higher refines. The orbs are not programed tho. A lot of things show incomplete.
  • xiaomaomao#3322
    xiaomaomao#3322 Posts: 10 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »

After Gunslinger and Paladin, the Pirate race comes next. There is a long road ahead.
  • slashnote
    slashnote Posts: 8 Arc User
    I'm probably going to be one of the few people here who think introducing a new class is a bad idea when they haven't even nerfed/fixed the Nightshades yet

Just because you can't beat a DB or SB in mass pk or 1v1 doesn't mean they need fixing, maybe try learning a mystic cause they are broken too if u know how to play it.
  • asterelle
    edited August 2018
    I can confirm the Paladin is indeed a HA Elf with name "羽锋" and the Gunner is a LA Human with name "神机". I'm not sure if there is a nicer way to translate those so we can stick with "Paladin" and "Gunner" for now. Paladin basic stats are the same as Seeker / BM and Gunner is the same as Archer / Duskblade.

Guns have the same range and attack speed as a bow but no short range damage reduction. Gunners have the same range passive as archer to increase the default range to 32/34.

Sword+shield is the same range and attack speed as Blades / Single Sword. If it wasn't already obvious the shield part is cosmetic and has no stats on its own. It's just like other dual weapons except one of the things you hold looks like a shield instead of a sword / dagger.
    ​​
  • blazerboy
    asterelle wrote: »
    I can confirm the Paladin is indeed a HA Elf with name "羽锋" and the Gunner is a LA Human with name "神机". I'm not sure if there is a nicer way to translate those so we can stick with "Paladin" and "Gunner" for now. Paladin basic stats are the same as Seeker / BM and Gunner is the same as Archer / Duskblade.

Guns have the same range and attack speed as a bow but no short range damage reduction. Gunners have the same range passive as archer to increase the default range to 32/34.

Sword+shield is the same range and attack speed as Blades / Single Sword. If it wasn't already obvious the shield part is cosmetic and has no stats on its own. It's just like other dual weapons except one of the things you hold looks like a shield instead of a sword / dagger.
    ​​

Guns not having a short range damage reduction could prove an issue since they can set traps right set a trap then blitz ppl? That’s kinda tricky but I mean if we think ballistics(irl) it kinda makes sense I suppose.

I’m curious if this is a more tank/support dd/support class for the paladin

• dylandarkk1
    dylandarkk1 Posts: 64 Arc User
    So are they just new classes not new races?
  • heerohex#3018
    So are they just new classes not new races?

From what we are seeing it looks like that is the case.

Really we wont know for about another 6 months or until PWCN announce anything.

Thanks.​​
  • mom#1582
    mom#1582 Posts: 5 Arc User

it’s not a problem on pwcn where they know how to play their classes and ea is still top dog so why would they fix it-it’s not broken. They keep nerfing eas because good ones over there are still considered broken.
  • hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    mom#1582 wrote: »

it’s not a problem on pwcn where they know how to play their classes and ea is still top dog so why would they fix it-it’s not broken. They keep nerfing eas because good ones over there are still considered broken.

so why do we die to duskblade CC over here then, because we dont know how to play our classes? i want to see a chinese archer dodging one paralyze over another and killing stuff at the same time.
  • blazerboy
    hoshichan wrote: »
    mom#1582 wrote: »

so why do we die to duskblade CC over here then, because we dont know how to play our classes? i want to see a chinese archer dodging one paralyze over another and killing stuff at the same time.

To be honest sb/db on china aren’t nearly as powerful as aps sins and zerk archers are powerful here and CN so you’re not ganna see much complaints from them
  • itachiuchiha84
    itachiuchiha84 Posts: 6 New User
    Imagine if we actually could play these classes fully without investing 5k dollars each though.
  • copy1#8039
    copy1#8039 Posts: 43 Arc User
    Just think of every race getting their missing armor type. Dont forget the famous Nightshade class, now as Heavy Armor. Probably gonna have a massive whirlpool skill that reels everybody to him/her consistently with a huge range while also immobilizes. Yushhhh.

Female venomancers, Male barbarians... TRANS LIGHT ARMOR UNTAMED. Just kidding, lol. It better have cool ears and tail though.

Im overall excited for Gunner and Paladin, though very nervous for even worse class balance. I'll be making preparations already, if the classes sucks I'll r9 one of my existing alts instead. They are on a waiting list, lol!
    COPY1
  • asterelle
    edited October 2018
    The two new classes have been officially announced, 3 weeks after the scoop: http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20181012/80891.shtml

The official release date is October 31st.

In the lore descriptions on the announcements it describes the Gunners as drunkards who are all women and the Paladins are elves with black wings who are all men. This likely means the new classes are gender-locked though I can't confirm that yet.

The description is also extremely sexist:

Because of the need to make a fire spell, the substance needs to be extracted by a person with a negative constitution, so the "God Machine" (Gunner) is a woman. These women are addicted to alcoholism, use the firearms to travel the world, and know the traps of the organs; they are flexible and violent, and they are the offensive players in the battle.

The "Yu Feng" (Paladin) are all men, originally a branch of the Yu family. They followed the gods they believed in and entered the "endless void". Their wings became dark and inky. The innate advantages of the feathers were as sensitive and swift. They are self-protecting in the void, so they turn to the breakthrough of absolute power. The sword shield is their self-defense device, and the black and shiny twilight wings are particularly dazzling under the silvery reloading.

d7gU50L.jpgg1ToPB1.jpg
    ​​
  • heerohex#3018
    WOW I hope that's just translation.
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    Same for me.... one addicted 'alcohol abusing' woman in my life is enough. Hope my wife don't read this or I'm in trouble lol.
  • ksimon
    ksimon Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I can confirm the translation is valid for the most part, the gunner is all females, addicted to alcohol and all that.. the Paladin are like fallen angels of elves (hence their wings are black/dark), they realize magic and dexterity do not provide enough protection, so they turn to heavy armor with shield to protect themselves. I would expect new armor shield to be added for them. If not, it would be skill-wise that made them with shield icon? did not say on the website yet.

New expansion also will have new marriage quests, a new system that allows players to have a guiding "Master" that show them the rope of the game..master and their apprentices have their own unique FB to gain more exp etc. Easier for new players I guess.

Another note to show that PW will be more friendly to new players... those who are under ra2 lv 100 have mobs reduced in their quests.. Also PV under 100 will be mounts enabled so players can ride on mount while killing mobs...those are what I read on CN website

asterelle wrote: »
    The two new classes have been officially announced, 3 weeks after the scoop: http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20181012/80891.shtml

The official release date is October 31st.

In the lore descriptions on the announcements it describes the Gunners as drunkards who are all women and the Paladins are elves with black wings who are all men. This likely means the new classes are gender-locked though I can't confirm that yet.

The description is also extremely sexist:

Because of the need to make a fire spell, the substance needs to be extracted by a person with a negative constitution, so the "God Machine" (Gunner) is a woman. These women are addicted to alcoholism, use the firearms to travel the world, and know the traps of the organs; they are flexible and violent, and they are the offensive players in the battle.

The "Yu Feng" (Paladin) are all men, originally a branch of the Yu family. They followed the gods they believed in and entered the "endless void". Their wings became dark and inky. The innate advantages of the feathers were as sensitive and swift. They are self-protecting in the void, so they turn to the breakthrough of absolute power. The sword shield is their self-defense device, and the black and shiny twilight wings are particularly dazzling under the silvery reloading.

d7gU50L.jpgg1ToPB1.jpg
    ​​

• shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    If they dont have drunk debuff with that description ill be dissapointed!
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    @shopcheese it would be really fun if it was something like wine boss in UP. You can stack it up to 10 times, and the more you stack, the more the screen gets warped and you walk around wobbly. The moment you hit ten, you drop to the ground until the buff ends naturally. Or you get purified/purged.

I'm... curious about these classes. If they have similar mechanics to the Storm/Dusk or if they have come up with something completely new.

Knowing myself however, I'll just explore them a bit before falling onto the old Venomancer/Barb/Cleric characters I have