PWI: MSG to GMS, better check ur spend promo

13»

Comments

• csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Yes a rollback sucks. Yes, some people lost a lot of farming. But even still... it is just ONE DAY of farming/transactions. Try and imagine for a moment the impacts of *not* doing a rollback.

The amount of stuff that got infused into the server during this glitch would have had disastrous impacts that far outweigh the loss of one day's progress.

How long does it take to save enough money to get full devil stones and full +10 gear? A day? More like months or years, or even never for some. Is your one day more important than somebody skipping months or years of work just by being around for a glitched spend promo?

How long does it take to save for Neuma Portal? Years? Never obtainable? I consider myself fairly wealthy, and I'm pretty sure I won't see Neuma Portal in the forseeable future, and I've been playing PWI for years!

I know one guy who spent a mere 200 gold and with the resulting rewards, got full devil stones, +10, and had some left over besides for a few +11. I know at least half a dozen people who either obtained Neuma Portal (or maxed out their existing Neuma Portal.

The effects on the economy would have been CATASTROPHIC. A single person who spent their reward points on mysterious chips could have single-handedly supplied the server with enough GST to keep everybody and their alt satisfied for the next several months. Or people could have flooded the market with thousands of jades or deities. Market crash. Super endgame gears and gems for virtually nothing.

You telling me your one day of lost farming and dailies is more important that the power boost certain opportunistic individuals would gain over you, simply because you weren't around at the right time? Your one day of farming and dailies is worth losing a lot of players who would (rightly so) rage-quite at the unfairness of letting players who were around to take advantage keep their gains, while others go without? Your dailies and farming mean sht-all if the game closes down.

PWI made the right decision and despite the fact that the screwup was their fault in the first place, they did the right action in promptly stopping the charge reward and promising to do a rollback.

And if you charged money to take advantage of this spend promo when ordinarily you wouldn't... geez I mean, I feel a bit sorry for you but honestly, to me at least, it was SUPER super obvious that PWI wasn't going to let this fly. The one thing PW China has consistently hammered home is that PWI is not allowed to make Neuma Portal absurdly easy to get. They stopped a spend promo that used to require 1200 to get a *single* Neuma Portal card. And with the latest glitch, people were getting Neuma Portal full sets for as little as $200 bucks. Full sets! Gems for armor that normally cost 24bil obtained for a mere 60 gold, or roughly 420mil on Tideswell. PWI thinking this is OK? Not a chance! Not a chance.

No, this was never going to fly, and a cautious and wise person who doesn't ordinarily charge would have taken a moment to reflect and think... wait a minute. This can't be right. Buuut if you gave into greed and decided to take a risk... well it was your risk to take. The promotion said 1 gold = 1 reward point. The fact that it wasn't working like that meant there was a problem. The fact that there was a problem means that a correction/rollback was always on the table as an option to correct the issue, if the issue was serious enough. And boy, was it ever serious enough.

Try and take a deep breath and be glad that we dodged a major bullet here. This could have gone so, so much worse. And on the bright side of things, for a screwup this bad, PWI is probably gonna shower us with goodies in ARC codes. So there's that to look forward to.

Cheers~
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• steakspoon
    steakspoon Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    steakspoon wrote: »
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Already wrote my ticket when the News with the rollback came so i get refunded what i got which i can't get again.
    #OnTopOfTheTicketFlood

point is, most likely PWI is not able to make cash refunds, at any point i never saw anything refunded by PWI, thus this might lead to a wave of chargebacks as well.

Yes they do refunds have you ever actually asked? Unless you did prepaid cards

yes i did ask, they won't refund direct credit card, you know how many players are gonna ask their money back after the rollback? xD i hope someone in PWE offices already ran with the current bank balance because it's going to be a storm of refunds\chargebacks

TBH, there is no reason to chargeback.

The promo clearly states "So if you spend $10 dollars worth of Gold, you will receive 10 Bonus Points to use in the Rewards Page."
    Eitherway they charged with the intention of getting those 10 points per 10 dollar spent and everything is fine, they'll get what they spent for or it turns out the other way and they charged to get the 1000 points per 10 dollars spent and INTENTIONALLY tried to abuse a bug in the promo system to gain an unfair advantage over other players.

So tell me, in which situation now could they demand a refund?

You know that refund is a right granted by law in any commercial transaction? No matter however the sale is advertised.

I am 100% sure there are tens of players that charged just because of this promo and they wouldn't have if different,

and what about the 5k packs glitch, people that got thousands of packs for free, made some players receive tens of billions for free and they went full +3 or full +12 etch same thing that happened today.... if rollback is a solution then rollback to before the 5k packs glitch, i am ok with that :)

what i am not okay it's that yesterday it was national holiday so i had actually time to play and take care of my char, and now it's all **** rolled back, and i don't even wanna bother go chase whoever sold me g17 mats, get the items i dropped from packs + star chart rerolls, get the perfect genie i got etch.... how can you restore that? i believe a simple refund is not even enough.

u would ask for a refund aswell if this happened to you.

"I am 100% sure there are tens of players that charged just because of this promo and they wouldn't have if different,"

Wheres the problem? The fixed promo will be on and they will be able to get the points they wanted from the promo. Or are you telling me they intentionally wanted to abuse a bug in the promo system? Kinda neat, explain me more into detail. And please also link you account to it so they can just right away put on the ban for bug abuse ::P

"and what about the 5k packs glitch, people that got thousands of packs for free, made some players receive tens of billions for free and they went full +3 or full +12 etch same thing that happened today.... if rollback is a solution then rollback to before the 5k packs glitch, i am ok with that :)"

Yes, but the promo stated clearly "PER CHARACTER" and the people redeemed per character. In my opinion it was a great promo, it pushed down the prices of unpayable items like Fingerbead and such. I was looking for one for about 1 month and that promo solved my problem. Also, nobody took the chance from you participating in there too. You had equal chances like everyone else.

"what i am not okay it's that yesterday it was national holiday so i had actually time to play and take care of my char, and now it's all **** rolled back, and i don't even wanna bother go chase whoever sold me g17 mats, get the items i dropped from packs + star chart rerolls, get the perfect genie i got etch.... how can you restore that? i believe a simple refund is not even enough."

True point, i spent 12 hours in the game yesterday too, sucks really hard that i lost all the progress. But yet u can talk friendly :P

"u would ask for a refund aswell if this happened to you"

No, I wouldnt, as i wouldnt intentionally try to abuse a bug in a promo system for my advantage.

where is the problem?
    the problem is that the gold is gone lmao as well with the items it came with glitch or not, WHILE the same it didnt happen few months ago with the 5k packs glitch, which is same or even worse than this, people got fingerbeads jadens coms for free it WAS worse, and i bet you abused it, because your comment it is just way too partial. (edit yea just realized you got a fingerbead out of it)

if this glitch deserved a rollback, 5k packs deserved a rollback aswell, anyways at any time a half a day rollback is a complete disaster.

i came back to game few days ago and i feel like i want to quit again straight away​​
  • gottastayhigh
    gottastayhigh Posts: 42 Arc User
    csquared5 wrote: »
    Yes a rollback sucks. Yes, some people lost a lot of farming. But even still... it is just ONE DAY of farming/transactions. Try and imagine for a moment the impacts of *not* doing a rollback.

The amount of stuff that got infused into the server during this glitch would have had disastrous impacts that far outweigh the loss of one day's progress.

How long does it take to save enough money to get full devil stones and full +10 gear? A day? More like months or years, or even never for some. Is your one day more important than somebody skipping months or years of work just by being around for a glitched spend promo?

How long does it take to save for Neuma Portal? Years? Never obtainable? I consider myself fairly wealthy, and I'm pretty sure I won't see Neuma Portal in the forseeable future, and I've been playing PWI for years!

I know one guy who spent a mere 200 gold and with the resulting rewards, got full devil stones, +10, and had some left over besides for a few +11. I know at least half a dozen people who either obtained Neuma Portal (or maxed out their existing Neuma Portal.

The effects on the economy would have been CATASTROPHIC. A single person who spent their reward points on mysterious chips could have single-handedly supplied the server with enough GST to keep everybody and their alt satisfied for the next several months. Or people could have flooded the market with thousands of jades or deities. Market crash. Super endgame gears and gems for virtually nothing.

You telling me your one day of lost farming and dailies is more important that the power boost certain opportunistic individuals would gain over you, simply because you weren't around at the right time? Your one day of farming and dailies is worth losing a lot of players who would (rightly so) rage-quite at the unfairness of letting players who were around to take advantage keep their gains, while others go without? Your dailies and farming mean sht-all if the game closes down.

PWI made the right decision and despite the fact that the screwup was their fault in the first place, they did the right action in promptly stopping the charge reward and promising to do a rollback.

And if you charged money to take advantage of this spend promo when ordinarily you wouldn't... geez I mean, I feel a bit sorry for you but honestly, to me at least, it was SUPER super obvious that PWI wasn't going to let this fly. The one thing PW China has consistently hammered home is that PWI is not allowed to make Neuma Portal absurdly easy to get. They stopped a spend promo that used to require 1200 to get a *single* Neuma Portal card. And with the latest glitch, people were getting Neuma Portal full sets for as little as $200 bucks. Full sets! Gems for armor that normally cost 24bil obtained for a mere 60 gold, or roughly 420mil on Tideswell. PWI thinking this is OK? Not a chance! Not a chance.

No, this was never going to fly, and a cautious and wise person who doesn't ordinarily charge would have taken a moment to reflect and think... wait a minute. This can't be right. Buuut if you gave into greed and decided to take a risk... well it was your risk to take. The promotion said 1 gold = 1 reward point. The fact that it wasn't working like that meant there was a problem. The fact that there was a problem means that a correction/rollback was always on the table as an option to correct the issue, if the issue was serious enough. And boy, was it ever serious enough.

Try and take a deep breath and be glad that we dodged a major bullet here. This could have gone so, so much worse. And on the bright side of things, for a screwup this bad, PWI is probably gonna shower us with goodies in ARC codes. So there's that to look forward to.

Cheers~

This ... was... so beautiful... im crying.
    Hold my beer.
  • steakspoon
    csquared5 wrote: »

Cheers~

5k packs gave multiple beads\jadens\coms which is a sever hit to the economy rather than untradeable cards​​
  • gottastayhigh

5k packs gave multiple beads\jadens\coms which is a sever hit to the economy rather than untradeable cards​​

Oh no, a hit to a screwed economy which makes things affordable and the people who hoarded trillions (i know its only billions) lost some money. Damn.
  • steakspoon

5k packs gave multiple beads\jadens\coms which is a sever hit to the economy rather than untradeable cards

Oh no, a hit to a screwed economy which makes things affordable and the people who hoarded trillions (i know its only billions) lost some money. Damn.

well you got a fingerbead out of 5k packs fiasco it so why should you be upset? :) Damn​​
  • gottastayhigh

5k packs gave multiple beads\jadens\coms which is a sever hit to the economy rather than untradeable cards

well you got a fingerbead out of 5k packs fiasco it so why should you be upset? :) Damn​​

Im not upset, the promo was nice in my opinion. Of course, i made alot of moeny myself by charging, i chargelimited alot during that promo :P But it was also a blessing to the economy.
    Im not a pro-merchant, but i feel like it was good.
  • steakspoon

well you got a fingerbead out of 5k packs fiasco it so why should you be upset? :) Damn

Im not upset, the promo was nice in my opinion. Of course, i made alot of moeny myself by charging, i chargelimited alot during that promo :P But it was also a blessing to the economy.

so if today rollback was fair, why wasn't it when you abused that glitch?​​
  • gottastayhigh

well you got a fingerbead out of 5k packs fiasco it so why should you be upset? :) Damn

so if today rollback was fair, why wasn't it when you abused that glitch?​​

I already said, there was no abused glitch.
    This promo stated:
    10 points per 10 gold -> But gave:
    1000 points per 10 gold

The pack Promo stated:
    Redeemable per CHARACTER (Not per account) and guess what it was:
    Redeemable per CHARACTER (Not per account)

So there was clearly no bug abuse and no glitch, the article written fitting to the promo even stated that its per character :p i bet youre just mad your nuema portal is gone
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2018

....wait didnt you say earlier you dont intentionally exploit bugs in system for your own advantage but now you charged limited to exploit a bug during pack promo hmmmmmmm interesting hahahahaha

Ppl in glass houses throwing stones
  • gottastayhigh
    phage69 wrote: »

....wait didnt you say earlier you dont intentionally exploit bugs in system for your own advantage but now you charged limited to exploit a bug during pack promo hmmmmmmm interesting hahahahaha

Ppl in glass houses throwing stones

Just as a part of the promo stated: "Tier 4 (200 Gold) (Limit one redeem per character)"
    What did i do? I redeemed once per character. I did everything according to the promo :P

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10951963-super-special-summer-promo Double-read it if you want.

This promo was different, it gave x100 the amount of points it stated. Which wasnt correct.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    A lot of posts are starting to get caught in the spam filter.

If your post goes void please do not repost until i have checked.

Also the issues has been resolved with a rollback.

If you have any concerns / issues with items and or other problems please log a ticket with support for further assistance.

Thanks.​​
  • steakspoon
    this promo was different probably because u didn't take advantage of it ^^​​
  • gottastayhigh
    this promo was different probably because u didn't take advantage of it ^^​​

I could just as well have taken advantage of it. That wasn't the problem. You are not bringing up any arguments like i do, you just come up with a "Im mad beacuse i lost stuff"-attitude. I don't see any point in further discussion about this...
    I stated my point why the Summer Gale promo was different and i also proudly admit to have participated strongly in there so if you feel like reporting me, go ahead. I did nothing wrong.

Peace out :)
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    heero200 wrote: »
    Also the issues has been resolved with a rollback.

If you have any concerns / issues with items and or other problems please log a ticket with support for further assistance.

Thanks.

Now Closing This Thread as the issue has been resolved.

As above if you have any problems regarding this in any format please contact Support.

Thanks.​​
This discussion has been closed.