Is mountblocking catshops a bannable offense?

Just wondered, if I had a big mount / a big Pet as a venomancer and it stood somewhere blocking a catshop (Not following it, not replacing the pet if the shop moves, not blocking a certain single shop, just standing in a crowded area with my pet/mount out) would it be possible i get banned for that? In case people report me...

Comments

• wisheswolf
    wisheswolf Posts: 7 Arc User
    As far as i know, no.

But there are very few massive pets to be honest some of the top ones being:
    Mother of the Pack (Giant Wolf)
    Giant Bunny
    Herc - ish
    Ghost Wing

There's also various massive flys that can block access to a npc or a catshop, there are work arounds if you use the ingame 't' function then manulay scrolling down to the cat's name and clicking view shop, anf for npc's I beleive it's holding down ctr or shift while using your curser.

As there are ways around it it kinda doesn't make it a valid reason to be banned in my opinion. That and as I use mains that are both a barb and a veno (with a herc) never had any complaints.
  • gottastayhigh
    gottastayhigh Posts: 42 Arc User
    @wisheswolf I recently got the Mother of the Pack mount to my veno from my bankchar and decided it´s fancy, I'll "wear" it in archo. After being afk for like 20 Minutes for breakfast I've been insulted by various catshop owners for blocking their shops in private chat...
    I didn't follow and repositioning shop
    I didn't purposely block a single shop, i just stood in the crowd
    I didn't do anything with a bad intention.

So you can't really restrict me from standing in archosaur with my pet out, right?
    It's an intended game mechanic and there are way worse abused bugs / other things like macroing, genie skills etc etc.
  • dennicoolpwms
    dennicoolpwms Posts: 9 Arc User
    Whatever YOU might think about it or whatever intentions YOU may have or if the behaviour is bannable or not and it also doesn't count that there's worse things to abuse the game - It pretty much doesn't change the fact that it's a RUDE and UNSOCIAL behaviour and catshop owners were right to pm you. You can level your mount in any location where it's not crowded - what's so hard about that? 5 secs to travel from main road to a more uncrowded location and people will still see your new achieved "wearings" while they pass by - and prolly think "yay cool - nice mount" rather than "******* blocking the shops"... my humble opinion - but probably also the opinion of many other people...
    MDeNnIcOoLS 105 RB2 R9R3 Wizard Dawnglory - M7 Director
    ~Carpe Diem!~
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    If its intentional then yes it can be meet with some sort of cause and effect. But this will have to be a constant thing and done to cause upset. Doing it once because your checking the banker or a cat shop is not cause for concern.

If your AFK I would generally move to a quiet area anyways as it will reduce strain on your computer and reduce the % of causing a problem.

Thanks.​​
  • gottastayhigh
    Whatever YOU might think about it or whatever intentions YOU may have or if the behaviour is bannable or not and it also doesn't count that there's worse things to abuse the game - It pretty much doesn't change the fact that it's a RUDE and UNSOCIAL behaviour and catshop owners were right to pm you. You can level your mount in any location where it's not crowded - what's so hard about that? 5 secs to travel from main road to a more uncrowded location and people will still see your new achieved "wearings" while they pass by - and prolly think "yay cool - nice mount" rather than "******* blocking the shops"... my humble opinion - but probably also the opinion of many other people...

It's nothing about leveling a Veno pet with it standing around. If the shopowners would have asked me politely i wouldve been ok with it too, but most people come up to you instantly insulting you and you can figure how much urge to cooperate i have when somebody insults my mother with no pre-talk...
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Like others have said before you probably won't get banned for it because your intentions aren't malicious and it's only really bannable if you're repeatedly blocking their shops. If this has only happened once or twice then they don't have much ground to stand on. But people are definitely going to have an issue if you're covering their shops, especially with a Mother of the Pack. As an owner of one of these I can understand that it is difficult to click on things around where it is standing.

Unfortunately not a lot of shop owners would be aware of your intentions and many are not going to assume good faith and be polite. I know you would prefer for others to ask nicely but staying there as an act of noncompliance is probably going to make them angrier and urged to report you. It would be more effective to talk to them about it if you haven't done so already, in the same manner you would want them to talk to you. Or as others have said above, stand in an area where you're not standing over anyone's shops if you're not wanting to talk to them.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • gottastayhigh
    The thing is, im attempting to sell the mother atm so i put it in a crowded spot. After this maintenance i was the first one in archo online, placed it on center square of west and took a screen of the empty square without any shops. I was there first so i cant block anything intentional :P But ty for the feedback all
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Personally I wouldnt stay right on top of the main catshop spots, but more like next to them. You can still be in an area with a lot of people/shops without actually standing on top of them. Im sure the Mother pet is still very noticeable even if you stand a bit to the side.

That being said it doesnt sound like you are in danger of getting banned so far, but I would avoid continue afk right on top of the most crowded area.
  • topeope#4225
    topeope#4225 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Its funny how this thread pops up and less than a day after on Etherblade there is a person blocking the intersection at West Arch with a Mother of the pack pet. Seems flagrant and intentionally meant to disrupt catshops lol
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    I can remember cases in the past on Ti (even fairly recently) where people were blocking competing shops with mounts, and when it was reported a GM logged on and teleported the toons on the mounts away and threatened if it happened more it would be a ban. So I would just say be careful about it because it's always possible
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    yup, if you keep up the game, someone could notice a pattern and wackamolo it.. I would lol
  • gottastayhigh
    http://prntscr.com/k7v6tm
    I even took a proof that i was there first.
    No shops were near me after maintenance, all shops logged after i was there, decided to place themselves below me. I could have not known a name of any shop logging there and aswell i dont have a shop there so im not even competition.
    There are literally no reasons to kick me, as the shop owners decided to TAKE THE SPOT where i was.
    I didnt put my pet above them.
  • gottastayhigh
    Its funny how this thread pops up and less than a day after on Etherblade there is a person blocking the intersection at West Arch with a Mother of the pack pet. Seems flagrant and intentionally meant to disrupt catshops lol

As I already said, the shops set themselves up below me. Nobody forces them to stand there as ive been there first.

If you put your shop up on a place on the weekly market u also cant be forced by another shop owner to move unless they have a registration for that spot... Who comes first, gets served first and i was first.
  • obielle
    Judging by your other thread this didn't turn out so well...

While you were there with your pet before other cat shops were, you were still there in a place that is known as a high-density area and you are definitely aware of that. You also seem to be very aware that it is a place where many cat shops typically set up. Like I said in a previous post, if this had happened once or twice then they can't do much. But from what it sounds like you've been going back and purposefully standing in the busiest place in the game, and even if nobody was there before you doesn't put you in the clear unfortunately. While nobody forces them to set up there, you are knowingly forcing them to move in order to be accessible and with the fact you've been standing there before, that actually leans towards harassment rather than purposefully blocking their shops.

If you do eventually get unbanned, it would be best if you don't try to stand there with your pet again. If you do want to sell it then it'd be better to go to world chat for it and put it somewhere that doesn't block the shops - I frequently see the pets on display in South Archosaur and people frequently go through that area on my server.

• gottastayhigh
    obielle wrote: »
    Judging by your other thread this didn't turn out so well...

While you were there with your pet before other cat shops were, you were still there in a place that is known as a high-density area and you are definitely aware of that. You also seem to be very aware that it is a place where many cat shops typically set up. Like I said in a previous post, if this had happened once or twice then they can't do much. But from what it sounds like you've been going back and purposefully standing in the busiest place in the game, and even if nobody was there before you doesn't put you in the clear unfortunately. While nobody forces them to set up there, you are knowingly forcing them to move in order to be accessible and with the fact you've been standing there before, that actually leans towards harassment rather than purposefully blocking their shops.

If you do eventually get unbanned, it would be best if you don't try to stand there with your pet again. If you do want to sell it then it'd be better to go to world chat for it and put it somewhere that doesn't block the shops - I frequently see the pets on display in South Archosaur and people frequently go through that area on my server.

I was only booted, not banned, to take that away inbefore.
    Also i didn't do it repeatedly, it only occured once.
    Also in my oppinion it's a joke that the support decides to take action against me which wasn't a real TOU breach while i send in screenshots of players calling out my mother to be ... Someone who does things for money and calling me similar things.
    That those people don't get punished wont get in my head.
  • obielle
    Usually they won't punish people who are verbally harassing you because you have the option to blacklist them, and that is almost always their first suggestion. They only pass the lines of being in danger of being banned once they try to go around the blacklist to harass you, such as messaging you with alts or putting messages in a cat shop name. And even then you sometimes have to ask them to stop first so then when they do it again they're knowingly doing something unacceptable and get put in the wrong. Sometimes customer support can be a bit biased towards certain types of issues too so not 100% trying to defend them on that there.

My bad about thinking you were banned, I hear both booted and banned used interchangeably at times. In any case it still would not be a good idea to place your pet in the same area again after PWI has taken action against it as it could lead to a ban if repeated. Honestly people insulting you/your pet doesn't really excuse refusing to move especially as innocent parties may be unfairly involved. I don't know the full details though so I don't know who exactly has been involved in this entire thing and only really know you were there once before this thread was made and then once after maintenance.

I guess now we have a clearer answer to your first post which you've sort of experienced already - it's not bannable if it has happened once but going back to the same area may get you into trouble.

• fededomino
    fededomino Posts: 243 Arc User
    about Venomancer Pet
    an solution can be , if Venomancer pet is not are active in 5 min , let it jump back to pet cage , easy to put a timer on pet`s activity
    also to the Dev`s dont make pet to big
  • notonlyjudge
    notonlyjudge Posts: 23 Arc User
    i like em big
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Or a soultion could be people can just learn to move, not complain and get over themselves one shop spot is as good as the next .....but hey why should anyone have to make any effort right we'll just start reporting ppl instead cuz its easier to get all in your feelings about things and write a 10 min QQ ticket than it is to just take 2 seconds to walk three steps. Humanity at its finest......
    Post edited by phage69 on
  • wettstyle
    listen to your own advice, would be logical:). You can see that pet 10 ft away off to the side yes?... so basically your just trying to start a drama fest, using a giant pet as a tool for some possible vendetta...people have been using that area for possible years on end lol...move it off to the side, it being in your spot is not going to sell it any more then somewhere else, meh.
  • tttopener#2736
    tttopener#2736 Posts: 3 Arc User
    phage69 wrote: »
    Or a soultion could be people can just learn to move, not complain and get over themselves one PET spot is as good as the next .....but hey why should anyone have to make any effort right we'll just start QQing to ppl instead cuz its easier to get all in your feelings about things and write a 10 min FORUM POST than it is to just take 2 seconds to walk three steps. Humanity at its finest......

I agree with this sentiment :p
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    If this is the case to get banned, what about catshops that intentionally squeeze other catshops out or cover up others to stick out front? And you catshop owners know what I am talking about. Sooo I can report this too? Is this what this game has come to, due to PWI taking away our ways of making coins now?? That people are so drama driven with every single thing that happens like in real life? Seriosly, all the cathops are back since the only 1 player rule became enforced, and people have figured out how to log on extra toons anyways. So crowed, people are acting like its real life to survive. So many players have huge mounts and pets becasue PWI sales them to us! How about catshops spreading out more to make room for the shoppers?
  • wettstyle
    or a npc that takes you to a market, with pre built lil shops you click to enter...and all those buyer's can roam around and drink some coffee and mingle while shopping lol
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    As far as I know there's nothing written in TOS about blocking shops. You can't get banned by blocking a shop since that person isn't playing (or at least not with that shop). You can't be banned if you go afk for some time otherwise Archosaur would be empty and PWE wouldn't sell boutique items (needed for free 'meditating' outside RoR).

So in other words: if you are pissed because your shop is blocked just move your shop or wait until the other person get a dc. :D

Lol, #wettstyle, I just ordered a coffee.
  • shadydawg
    shadydawg Posts: 93 Arc User
    memegirl2 wrote: »
    If this is the case to get banned, what about catshops that intentionally squeeze other catshops out or cover up others to stick out front? And you catshop owners know what I am talking about. Sooo I can report this too? Is this what this game has come to, due to PWI taking away our ways of making coins now?? That people are so drama driven with every single thing that happens like in real life? Seriosly, all the cathops are back since the only 1 player rule became enforced, and people have figured out how to log on extra toons anyways. So crowed, people are acting like its real life to survive. So many players have huge mounts and pets becasue PWI sales them to us! How about catshops spreading out more to make room for the shoppers?

Something like this happened to me the other day.. another player put there catshop basically in mines an would make it pretty hard for players to click on my catshop,i looked at it an just laugh to myself thinking the extend some people would go.. i just politely moved my shop abit to the side.. And where karma so weird the catshop was selling the same stuff my shop was selling and i still sold out my stuff before his/her shop even tho i was selling abit more than that cat..
  • ynwa77
    ynwa77 Posts: 25 Arc User
    memegirl2 wrote: »

This has alway smade me laugh about pwi. Long term players seem to be naturally very territorial about where their shops must be located. And any infingement results in mega rage. :D

As a rule just be conscious of your surroundings and move your toon mounted or otherwise away from the immediate area where the shops are.
  • cyberomega2012
    cyberomega2012 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    http://prntscr.com/k7v6tm
    I even took a proof that i was there first.
    No shops were near me after maintenance, all shops logged after i was there, decided to place themselves below me. I could have not known a name of any shop logging there and aswell i dont have a shop there so im not even competition.
    There are literally no reasons to kick me, as the shop owners decided to TAKE THE SPOT where i was.
    I didnt put my pet above them.

I noticed you cropped the screenshot that PWI takes. I want to see the entire picture. Looks like you turned down your graphics so nothing else would show other than your pet. Where are you in the picture?
  • jofooch#3941
    jofooch#3941 Posts: 3 Arc User
    if you leave large mounts or flyers in known catshop or npc areas you are rude but if you leave them there and then complain that you were there first and have the right to stay there you are rude and obnoxious but by the way you're carrying on about it you're a rude, obnoxious drama queen...get a life.
This discussion has been closed.