Scheduled Server Maintenance-Content Update Release [5/15/2018]

kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
Good evening PWI players!

We will be having our regular server maintenance tonight-maintenance may start earlier than normal. Tonight's maintenance will have a patch, as it is our content update!

Official patchnotes will go live via blogpost tonight! Forum formatted patchnotes will be posted tomorrow!

*Tentative Duration*

Maintenance is expected to last approximately 5 hours, so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
*Maintenance times are tentative and are subject to change at any time. Actual end times will vary depending on the progress of the maintenance.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

- The PWI Crew
Tagged:

Comments

• uchijawar
    uchijawar Posts: 59 Arc User
    gimme the patch notes!!!!!! GIMMME
  • seekeroftruth1
    seekeroftruth1 Posts: 18 Arc User
    Wow pwi are you serious with the extra Gem upgrades..............i was planning on cashing but not anymore it would be sooo expensive to obtain those gems. which only a few players would even be able to obtain and when they do obtain them it would make them too sooo massively op that it would be impossible to deal with them. Do you know how difficult it would be to deal with a person with np card set+these new gems+glyphs+g17r5+np monthly boost+base on their class*sins mostly since its the most broken class*well thats all i can think of for now. but you might as well make them a god within pwi....... at least before the patch you could deal with them a group but now it will take an army to take them down. yeah i dont plan to waste anymore of my money in this game since this truly is b/s on how massively op they made a character become.
  • evilsmakers
    evilsmakers Posts: 182 Arc User
    LOL new gems,ty pwi....

What next ?spend 1k Gold and get a GM weap ?
    cX8xmAu.png

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    The GG
    Enjoy!​​
    PaiiiiN~
  • pearpear2
    pearpear2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Wow pwi are you serious with the extra Gem upgrades..............i was planning on cashing but not anymore it would be sooo expensive to obtain those gems. which only a few players would even be able to obtain and when they do obtain them it would make them too sooo massively op that it would be impossible to deal with them. Do you know how difficult it would be to deal with a person with np card set+these new gems+glyphs+g17r5+np monthly boost+base on their class*sins mostly since its the most broken class*well thats all i can think of for now. but you might as well make them a god within pwi....... at least before the patch you could deal with them a group but now it will take an army to take them down. yeah i dont plan to waste anymore of my money in this game since this truly is b/s on how massively op they made a character become.

The rest are just for them to eat aka 1 shot.
  • jharde
    jharde Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I see they updated the Chase the Tiger Event final results so perhaps the rewards go out after maintenance. Is there any info on the Villa event?
  • seekeroftruth1
    seekeroftruth1 Posts: 18 Arc User
    jharde wrote: »
    As casher's hit their endgame targets, less money goes into the game so ofc, more new items to push spending back up will emerge. PWI is not pulling in new players in any decent numbers so cash needs to come primarily from those already heavily invested and willing to play keeping up with the Joneses. These items and their spending = our version of PWI.

Cash is still flowing into the game ...... and not everyone will be happy with these new expensive power boost that only heavy cashiers can afford.......... what would be the point of playing a game where you spend 5k and that still doesnt get you anywhere. My thoughts are that yeah they would get the heavy cashers to spend more money but also they will lose players that would not want to deal with this b/s, if i spent 5k on a game i expect to have fun with decent gear........ not be over power heavy by someone who obtain this new endgame gear. This may be a business but also note this is still a game and last time i checked games were meant to be fun not cause you to be broke and make poor decissions. And some people would argue just dont cash.........but its a pvp game why wouldnt you want to gear up your toon to have fun in pvp thats kind of the whole purpose of a pvp game. So in truth you would be playing the game for no reason just to waste your time and effort which could be use for other stuff. and lets not forget all the games arc has been shutting down recently , would you really want to invest in a game as heavy that has been recently been shutting a huge amount games they owned.... would that even be a wise decission.........?
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    The new stones are the following:

Level: 13, Weapon: Physical Attack +130, Armor: Physical Defense +220
    Level: 13, Weapon: Magical Attack +130, Armor: Magical Defense +175
    Level: 13, Weapon: Channeling -4%, Armor: Vitality +12
    Level: 14, Weapon: Channeling -5%, Armor: Vitality +15
    Level: 13, Weapon: Critical Hit Rate + 2%, Armor: Vitality +12
    Level: 14, Weapon: Critical Hit Rate + 3%, Armor: Vitality +15
    Level: 13, Weapon: HP +200, Armor: HP +200

They are upgrades to Drakeflames, Iceburnes, Stones of Savant, Primeval Stones etc. You need three stones to make a level 13 one, you need nine stones to make a new level 14 one. Creation Stones cannot be upgraded.
    ​​
  • uchijawar
    uchijawar Posts: 59 Arc User
    The new stones are the following:

Level: 13, Weapon: Physical Attack +130, Armor: Physical Defense +220
    Level: 13, Weapon: Magical Attack +130, Armor: Magical Defense +175
    Level: 13, Weapon: Channeling -4%, Armor: Vitality +12
    Level: 14, Weapon: Channeling -5%, Armor: Vitality +15
    Level: 13, Weapon: Critical Hit Rate + 2%, Armor: Vitality +12
    Level: 14, Weapon: Critical Hit Rate + 3%, Armor: Vitality +15
    Level: 13, Weapon: HP +200, Armor: HP +200 quote]

hey that's a relief i was thinking on new def lvl jades or atk lvl. these are good stones i like

now i wanna know why in this part of the year we have not a relog button still i understand u busy on ther games but that's not fair when u are playing the game and u got a dc for 15 mins (no joking) the arc thing wont fix nothing about relog thing i apreciate this update but i really care of that relog button we are missing that
    and thanks for the update.

btw. if u could fix the mortal bridge in ws that is a plus xD
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    If the price of Vit Stones don't grow up too much, that will be a good compromise for who wont to spend alot for Deity/JosD, but still play competitive.
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I bought all my gems a couple days ago in anticipation for the gem update but I’m surprised we getting it his soon wow PWI picked up the pace for once o.o
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • doods00
    doods00 Posts: 106 Arc User
    jharde wrote: »
    As casher's hit their endgame targets, less money goes into the game so ofc, more new items to push spending back up will emerge. PWI is not pulling in new players in any decent numbers so cash needs to come primarily from those already heavily invested and willing to play keeping up with the Joneses. These items and their spending = our version of PWI.

Cash is still flowing into the game ...... and not everyone will be happy with these new expensive power boost that only heavy cashiers can afford.......... what would be the point of playing a game where you spend 5k and that still doesnt get you anywhere. My thoughts are that yeah they would get the heavy cashers to spend more money but also they will lose players that would not want to deal with this b/s, if i spent 5k on a game i expect to have fun with decent gear........ not be over power heavy by someone who obtain this new endgame gear. This may be a business but also note this is still a game and last time i checked games were meant to be fun not cause you to be broke and make poor decissions. And some people would argue just dont cash.........but its a pvp game why wouldnt you want to gear up your toon to have fun in pvp thats kind of the whole purpose of a pvp game. So in truth you would be playing the game for no reason just to waste your time and effort which could be use for other stuff. and lets not forget all the games arc has been shutting down recently , would you really want to invest in a game as heavy that has been recently been shutting a huge amount games they owned.... would that even be a wise decission.........?

if your crying about the new gems now but not when diety and serenity came out then you have no idea how this game works.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Guys..all of that stuff was known literally 5 months ago, I even warned my faction over the last few days to grab all the shards they can before it's too late. It's odd that people can still be surprised by updates despite it being common knowledge.

I swear, 5 months later when we get new sky levels ppl will be like: "what?! Why?! I don't wanna do dailies again QQ RQ!" I mean...everything is known already.

Feels good to have bought several dozen vit stones for 12m each whilst even know the cheapest are roughly 30m. Add no pack/key sale to it aka no supply of those shards at all..welp. Good thing is..now Gem Packs are worth more now and you can actually be glad if you get just vit stones.

As always, knowledge is key, keep yourselves informed and all is well :D

PS: And thats how people can know that I am a good person. I could've been a merchant trash player and simply bought all shards from the server and made 5b at least in a single day. I didn't. You are welcome.
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    LOL new gems,ty pwi....

What next ?spend 1k Gold and get a GM weap ?

Sort of. TheHaxArcher (used to be FrostedArrows before it was sold on and renamed) charged 1k and instead of gold the GM gave him 25 Dull Zenith Skulls so he was able to make the boundless version of g17. This was only a few months after the release of the HS weapons.

The toon got banned because of that as people ticketed it to complain that he basically bought what everyone was trying so hard to farm (that's what everyone says anyway). I assume it was only a year ban and as the time is now up, the archer came back, got sold on and renamed. The previous player didn't speak dutch and all of a sudden the toon is fluent in it xD
    There is also rumours swirling around from people inside BlackList about Kaishida did a 12k charge to PWI in order to get the g17s5 as there was no mention in world chat when he made it or refined it +12 (the refine world chat can't be bypassed).

Just send them a ticket regarding the idea of charging for skulls/ other mats for weapons and they might do the same for you. I would ask myself but after spending almost 50k USD across 3 accounts over the years, I've no interest in mass charges anymore as the game isn't worth it.​​
    Post edited by valdisman on
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
This discussion has been closed.