A VENO ISSUE

seekeroftruth1
seekeroftruth1 Posts: 18 Arc User
I feel like veno are more op than db now.....just defence built a veno make it demon for iw pro .... and you got yourself an op veno. Veno purge,debuff and have their op ulti.they run fast and can escape your cc pretty easy even if you let a veno live for 1 minute into the fight it will go to their benefit so thats why im suggesting to get rid of the veno pet to make it more balance at least make it fair....... cause atm its basicly like your fighting 2 characters.

Comments

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Tbh you can say all this but most venos will still complain they are lacking despite the fact their the most casualty producing arcane in the game but yeah goodluck winning a arguement with a veno about how “useless” or “useful” their class arsenal is.
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Yet you didt even name the most OP combo that can kill anything, even if the veno has 0 gears on. Welp. Venos are kinda OP, but just going full vit...they won't be able to kill anything alone.

If you are talking about mass-PvP..then not venos are broken, demon Ironwood is and ppl have been complaining about this for years and years.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Removing pets PWE would have to refund a lot of gold to a lot of venos considering how many legendary pets some venos have. I probs have near 1k gold worth as mine are bought before sales.
    I could understand if you wanted iw get nerfed / forced into redstone however, I wouldnt mind that. Then I can finally go back to sage.
    I've had venos try the mana drain combo on me but yet to see it succesfully. Maybe i counter it better as a veno myself i dont know.
    But venos are not the class I would start nerfing.
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    lolz things dont get taken away round here anymore they just add more game breaking stuff and make life worse u wasted 2 minutes of your life typing this thread XD
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    shopcheese wrote: »
    I've had venos try the mana drain combo on me but yet to see it succesfully. Maybe i counter it better as a veno myself i dont know.
    But venos are not the class I would start nerfing.

That's mostly because those venos are not good players. There are means to pull this combo off 100% of the time IF the server ping doesnt mess you up..and even then, you just gotta use longer CC.

• mistressmuerta
    mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
    The mana swap combo is nice but is so easy to counter otherwise a majority of the veno's would be doing it. You have to limit your genie to even get a good proc rate for the skill. The mana drain glyph has a 2 min c/d, tidal can block the mana drain, faith can block the mana drain, immunity can block the mana drain, sparking can block the mana drain. 2 of those counters can be used while CC'd. I strongly disagree veno is fine as is. Unless they enable classes to view enemy mana bars its not a game breaking mechanic. If we want to PW to nerf anything how about we start with the barb excessively long faith buff.
  • raikokoko
    raikokoko Posts: 1 Arc User
    i spent alot on my legendary pets ... why remove it ? -.- "cause atm its basicly like your fighting 2 characters" how about the mystics they have pets too ? and seekers ? its like saying remove faith on barbs and tidal on sins . uhhh
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    I feel like veno are more op than db now.....just defence built a veno make it demon for iw pro .... and you got yourself an op veno. Veno purge,debuff and have their op ulti.they run fast and can escape your cc pretty easy even if you let a veno live for 1 minute into the fight it will go to their benefit so thats why im suggesting to get rid of the veno pet to make it more balance at least make it fair....... cause atm its basicly like your fighting 2 characters.

I don't know how to feel about this post. In the past when there was pretty much nothing OP on this game and people was running on g12 gear or less I would completly agree with you, because during that time going against a veno with legendary pet was indeed like going in a 1 vs 2.
    But nowadays reading a post like this makes me wonder if this is something from that era or someone who is not high level enough to understand how end game is or plain trolling.
    The only thing that is really broken about venos is their 0 def proc skill on demon ones. Everything else in my opinion is either OK or mehh.
    Why do I say this you may wonder?
    The answer is simple: Everything else you mentioned aside from 0 proc skill (demon) can be countered, in fact some of the things that venos have are actually kind of lame compared to other classes. As example I can easily counter pretty much all what you mention about venos:

"just defence built a veno make it demon for iw pro"
    If you make it pure defence it will hit for really lame damage, so as support yes it will be broken in mass pvp if ignored. However you have to keep in mind that demon ones are more squishy than sages, so they are not that hard to kill.

"Veno purge,debuff and have their op ulti."
    Again, this can be easily countered.
    Purge: you kill the veno before it even get near to you, also don't forget that now pretty much all classes can purge with G17 weapons, in fact even if the weapon proc is kind of low, some of the other classes can actually purge more easily than a veno, whatever it is 'cause they can shot you from distance (archer or melee classes with bow) or sins, dusks, blades and barbs can just cc you and hit you till you get purged, if you don't get killed first of course.

Debuff: Again, same history, a lot of the veno debuff work like regular purge: meaning fox form + close range. The counter to that is just kill the veno before it get near to you or get away from it till get killed. One debuff that can be dangerous is the new Nova debuff since is ranged and is a curse type debuff (like HF) but still it needs 2 sparks if I am not wrong, so this one could be particularly dangerous on sage venos, after all those are chi machines. :D

Veno Ulti: In this one I have to agree with you a bit. If the veno get you by surprise and said veno is really strong it can kill you, in fact in mass pvp this skill can wipe an entire squad if the veno know when to use it and specially if there is other mage assisting, Ex: Veno ulti on group of people + psy/wizy/storm/cleric AOE = squad wipe.
    However this skill can also be countered if predicted: The most easy but costly way is to block it before it finish with IG or AD.
    A bit harder to do but cheaper will be to just stun the veno before she finish, remember that veno ulti have a relative slow chan.

"they run fast and can escape your cc"
    Again this can be easily countered, at least when I play on both my sin and dusk, I just tele to veno and she is dead before she can even do something.

"get rid of the veno pet to make it more balance at least make it fair....... cause atm its basicly like your fighting 2 characters."
    And this is the part of your post that makes me wonder if this is really some thread from 10 years ago (which is not) or if maybe you happen to find some really overgeared NP Serenity stones veno while you being maybe undergeared. I say this cause pretty much all what you said before that last statement can be valid in a way, specially if the veno is skilled.
    But the whole pet thing is not true, veno pets get killed easily in 1 or 2 shots by the average AOE skill, even legendary ones. Unless of course you are g16 nirvana with low damage vs a full JOSD/Serenity Veno. But in that case it would be the gear difference and not the veno or the pet itself. Veno evolved pets can inherit a portion of some of the atributes of the owner, In other words: if the veno is really tanky the pet will be really tanky as well.

To sumarize: The only thing that is really broken about venos and that I will defenitly nerf is Demon IW, everything else is average in my opinion.
    If you take other classes as example I am going to use Sin first, since I actually play it: A sin can tele stun, para, increase his attck level, block purge and most of debuff in a high % (Sage), cc you to dead, stealth, if he is taken out of stealth he can ult and run away from you while there is pretty much nothing you can do about it.
    They can also block an atack that would kill them so survive one shot attacks. They use multi hit skills, this combined with Zerk crit = insta dead to their target.

What about dusks?: pretty much same as sins but with the big difference that they don't have tidal and also have less scape skill, this make them a bit more easy to kill.

What about barbs: Welp, they are really tanky, can one shot you, can cc you before you kill them and they have a skill that well timed and combined with others, makes them invincible..

And I still don't believe that those classes are completly broken if they go against someone who knows how to play.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    tiger-14.giftiger-14.giftiger-14.giftiger-2.giftiger-2.giftiger-2.gif

p.s. nice trolling, I nearly fell for it xD
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Moving to veno area.

Sorry I've left it as long as I could .

Thanks.