no faction base quests, What do I do now to keep my base alive?

Comments

• johndoe#4146
    johndoe#4146 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    The merit compensation is waaaaaaaay more than expected and definately waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than the original 0 they planned to give in the beginning. Seeing as how more than half the playbase and their alts get their old base quests done just by autocompleting after doing bhs, the compensation given out was definately worth it.
    The new base lock situation blows yes, but at the same time for any active 100+ toon it shouldnt be that hard to get done and way easier than having to run dailys+ bq to contribute to the faction.
    PLUS now they award faction funds for non /100s just by collecting rewards from the pet so why keep complaining? Its just getting easier.
    Post edited by johndoe#4146 on
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    johndoe069 wrote: »
    The merit compensation is waaaaaaaay more than expected and definately waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than the original 0 they planned to give in the beginning.

True however I didn't had any compensation. Not shocked about it since it's PWI but for this I will destroy my faction.

• johndoe#4146
    edited April 2018
    If unlocking a base was really that important ( and only is if you plan on doing trials), you can just get a couple of decent refined g16 toons to run a handfull of pill babies through FS normal mode to get the points needed.
    If you dont even have that in the faction, why even bother unlocking base? there are no "base quests" of worth or that you can use with/for active points like before and only the 1 (ONE) talk to npc quest for some xp that you could easily get elsewhere without all the stress of trying to unlock base every day. ( and a pet quest to give you 10'ish mid range hp/mp food a day.. )

Like i mentioned before, unlocking base is only really worth if you do trials in which case you would definately have enough people to run daily FS/DH/UP for the points. Anyone with a faction and no base can still get chivalry points for squading with a fac mate for fs/dh/up runs and use that chiv points for some items. No base apo but is that really worth the stress of unlocking base and maintaining high enough points to keep it open?
    You can stack the chivalry rewards and then move to another faction and still retain them to buy a base helm or whatever big item later - unlike the old merit system that disappeared when you leave a faction.
    So if you want to stay in a small faction, do so because its a "small faction". Dont expect it or an alt faction to have all the perks of an established active faction.

• johndoe#4146
    sjampie wrote: »

True however I didn't had any compensation....

It was based on whatever balance contribution points you had -NOT merit in faction list.It was worded as merit cos PWI... So if you were using points to buy apo regularly or spent all your points before faction patch upgrade and had nothing left you wouldnt get any compensation since you lost nothing.

IF you had enough contribution points for compensation items but still didnt get anything then yeah.. that sucks and maybe a ticket will get something done to fix it.
  • baysidebutterfly
    baysidebutterfly Posts: 25 Arc User
    Let me remind you the base is holding hoastage the NPC for RW, which means for new players no,flyers from base ,no nuemas from base,no Bloods from base to help them with their Spirit. Give me a break!!!! UnLock it for all so these people can help themselves get a leg up,almost all factions that do have a base are just about full, when it is all said and done will see just how borring the TW map becomes next season it's pretty borring now with one faction winning it all every season.And now the newest thing is Arch Tourments we already know who will win these.
  • johndoe#4146
    Typed this huge reply and then decided no point.
    Dont cash.. keep QQing, keep thinking getting a base is gonna change your gameplay while staying in a low lvl faction that wants/expects high lvl rewards. To each their own.
    GL
  • chilpod
    chilpod Posts: 61 Arc User
    johndoe069 wrote: »
    IF you had enough contribution points for compensation items but still didnt get anything then yeah.. that sucks and maybe a ticket will get something done to fix it.

Ooo, had the same: didn't had any compensation and I'm not the only one. But there's no need to send a ticket. They should have logged the points and not make a mistake by checking the points on a later date or let us send screenshots. So yeah, it sucks not to have anything but since it's PWI I simply dgaf.

To get on topic: there's no need to keep any faction alive. It's a game: people don't have to play if they don't want to. If a base closes then f#ck it! Enough other things to do if we don't have more important things in rl to do.
  • ramjot
    ramjot Posts: 103 Arc User
    I am still looking for a solution to not being able to get into my locked base. I keep asking as I live in hope. :)
  • kisenvert
    kisenvert Posts: 9 Arc User
    Power to the yorkie...

Just came back to check the forums to see if PWI did anything yet. It appears not. I'll check back later then to see.

I would love to see them reverse this downgrade of an expansion, because until they do, I'm gone, and I'd really like to come back, because I've spent months trying other games, and I haven't found a single game with the build customization of PWI. I never thought a game so old, would be so much better in that area. but i guess like the yorkie said, youngsters just don't seem to have the attention span (paraphrased) to keep bumping a thread. So i wouldn't expect them to even want to explore all the different build options in the game... Just stick to your "simulators" and get that instant gratification you all desire. I can even probably say whatever i want at this point, because 50/50 shot you even made it through this paragraph.

I mean, I've found games that are very free stat/skill point oriented with builds that have class specific armor, and games with no free stats that have customization armor, but it's like pulling teeth to find a game where i can make a true oddball build like what i had here. (proud HA wizard)

Until they reverse their decision i will continue my search for a game as build customizable.

Not that I have anything agenst free players, they're most of the playerbase, and keep the game alive, but I was a casher, and therefore not only a player, but a legit customer of pwi. Same relationship as a cable company. If all the sudden the cable company just took a big chunk of my channels away, after renegotiating my contract to something i couldn't see clear details on until it came out, after i paid for them, you bet yer **** I'd be searching for a new cable company, or seriously looking into dish.
  • baysidebutterfly
    baysidebutterfly Posts: 25 Arc User
    So simple for PWI JUST UNLOCK THE BASES !!!!! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain so siimple so easy. SMH
  • ramjot
    BUMP...
    Still hoping...
    Dailys not the same without a base :(
  • rtmira
    rtmira Posts: 53 Arc User
    No need to have this on the first page. The company will not read/answer this. ;)
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Old Chinese proverb: The squeaky wheel gets the grease >:)
  • tahellwithit#7932
    tahellwithit#7932 Posts: 1 Arc User
    bumpin this thread like boomshackalacka...
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    All the bumping! Let's boomshackalackabump again. :D
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    *nudge*
  • tulliana
    tulliana Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'd like to see BH giving loyality point(s), and definatly TW and XTW giving lots.
  • ramjot
    *nudge..nudge*
  • vaudagusvladin
    vaudagusvladin Posts: 11 Arc User
    Bump, I agree this can't be dismissed. I'm unable to access a lvl 27 base spent over 1b on, the merit compensation didn't cover it, need to fix this reverse robin hood nonsense, too many players are getting screwed for too long now. Not everyone wants to be in TW faction with tons of requirements, some just want to enjoy the game at their own pace. Would be different if I hadn't already put the time and coins into base, only to be denied my base helms and arrows.
  • tp2500
    tp2500 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Bump just unlock them not letting this go