Class Direction

Options
shera101
shera101 Posts: 1 Arc User
After years of off and on play, 80% of play done as an archer, ive concidered trying out the arcane fields and dont want to be solely pure solo pve, but would like to be able to do mid/late dungeons without super refines to be able to build a char from scratch (switching servers since returning after server merges) without having to worry about investing hundreds of $$ to just buy everything, and learn the class while farming (particularly fb89+) to gear towards the expanding TW/NW scene being acepted in mid/higher tier guilds.

My direction of research has spanded between, Wiz,Mystic,Cleric,Veno. Ive never been a "healer" class in over 15yrs of gaming so the class is unlearned but always learnable with the right group of people, wizard seems to be similiar to archer just higher spikes, veno being a summoner style with being able to have you pet tank for you "Herc" or better as time has pasted, and mystic being a combo between the 3 as a jack of all master of none playstyle,

My end hopes for this post is to get some general feedback towards which of these 4 classes seem to be needed more around the game or just a better all user friendly, i look forward to the feedback and direction to get started back at the game :)

Comments

• tideborn20090
    tideborn20090 Posts: 56 Arc User
    Options
    I guess it may depend on your server. I’ve played all, and have r9 veno ep, nv3 mystic amongst others. I know you didn’t mention sb, but I will say they do a lot of dmg and are considered needed for end game instances even nv3. The trouble with sb is they can be a bit complicated at first till you get the hang of the charges.

End game cleric has probably the best dmg if they glyph Uvd and cyclone - mine out dds my veno with less gear but .. ppl don’t need healers anymore for the most part they looking for dd for faster kills. This means you need a decent weapon to get squads or friends. Veno and mystic are both tanky end game and veno has debuffs every squad needs. Mystic has buffs that people really like when there is room. I’ve never managed to play wizz long enough to know much more than a lot of them are scared of venos.. because they lack a wood shield but can reduce dmg from just about every other class.

That’s just my experience on tt server. My advice is to start one of each and play till about lvl 59. Few days tops with only a few hours a day. Doin the lowbiebquest and such will give you a good idea of what you like which is more important than the servers needs. Then find a mentor .. one of the older players whose gamed since the start or longer than the merge to advise you