PWI at it again, faction bases lost

nbreaking
nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
Thanks PWE team for another amazing maintenance on daylight savings.
Not only did you manage to break any arranged marriages (like always, so, i'll kinda give a discount since ppl should know by now) but you also managed to break the bases this time :3 amazing work.

So, our chivalry for the week is gone, our loyalty is gone, goals, trials rewards, everything went poof, the weekly reset is tomorrow, do you know what that means? Means that:

1. Trials will be impossible next week
2. No chivalry rewards this week (only 10 items max)
3. Faction bases will close in a month because we failed to get 1000 points in a week, sure, we can open them easily, but still, why?:|

We also lost on all the trial rewards, we distribute them on Sunday mornings, but that's the least important part

Either way, on the 25th there's another maint, does that mean another **** up? I'm betting yes.

Thanks again PWE team, you're the best.

Mr. Justice

Comments

• memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    OMG! The continual massive problems of mess ups and no repairs is literally insane people. Question is again...Who if anyone is managing our game? If anyone is they do not understand how to manage how this game runs or do not care?
  • andadina1
    andadina1 Posts: 41 Arc User
    i don't know who manages this , but really pwi? if you knew this would happen ( you should ) then tell people to not bother do the bosses run for chivalry points + other stuff like trials
  • darkfightr2
    darkfightr2 Posts: 16 Arc User
    just curious but when was the last time pwi every listened to us and fixed something ?
    They were like "oh we are sorry, we screwed up okay. Here is a simple fix or wait(or wait for next maint for a fix)".

Being a programmer, I know its not that hard to fix things on a game this old and established. I just dont understand the laziness or lack of care.

Their moderators and developers are busy playing other games like neverfall and star trek, too bored to even acknowledge the problem/reply to us and "try" to fix it.

Most people are just too tired of writing to their deaf ears.
    But really I have never seen so much hate from a community for an mmorpg on any other game.

If the game was not so much fun to play, it would have been dead by now. But pwi fails to see that or care about its community.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    The moderators are player volunteers that moderate the forums, such as merging similar threads or recovering comments that were mistakenly caught by the spam filter. They are not PWE employees.

PWI's developers are in China. PWE has no developers and are not allowed to modify the game's content unless they specifically got permission from China (such as the GM ability to spawn things at will). Everything we get comes from China. I think the only thing PWE can do is correct text errors, test things and inform China of their testing results, and communicate players' suggestions and wishes to China (although I'm not sure up to what extent that is done).

The only immediate form of compensation PWE can give us right now is give us some codes with items we get from trials (UP materials, Star Chart materials, War Avatar packs etc.) for the players' wasted efforts in the trial rewards they lost. I don't think they will do anything for the base locks, unfortunately.

I'm not really expecting anything though. Back when the Twilight Temple server was down for half day and people missed out on Nation Wars, we didn't even get an acknowledgement, much less a compensation code.
    ​​
  • nbreaking
    My faction got together, in a day we were able to get to almost 2k loyalty, so, our base won't be locked, but how many factions are able to do that in a day?:|

It's getting to a point that the lack of communication, a simple acknowledgement of the situation and the complete disregard for the players is absurd.

Either way, I don't expect anything from this, nothing will be done, still had to express the discontent though...

It's what I said in another thread and @darkfightr2 pointed out, this game is good and fun, it's a waste on this company, wish someone would buy the rights to this from China and PWE and honestly take it from away from PWE, a company named after their first game, PWI, that now no longer cares about the game that made them into something. It's sad, and annoying, but meh.

Mr. Justice
  • darkfightr2
    darkfightr2 Posts: 16 Arc User
    The moderators are player volunteers that moderate the forums, such as merging similar threads or recovering comments that were mistakenly caught by the spam filter. They are not PWE employees.

PWI's developers are in China. PWE has no developers and are not allowed to modify the game's content unless they specifically got permission from China (such as the GM ability to spawn things at will). Everything we get comes from China. I think the only thing PWE can do is correct text errors, test things and inform China of their testing results, and communicate players' suggestions and wishes to China (although I'm not sure up to what extent that is done).

The only immediate form of compensation PWE can give us right now is give us some codes with items we get from trials (UP materials, Star Chart materials, War Avatar packs etc.) for the players' wasted efforts in the trial rewards they lost. I don't think they will do anything for the base locks, unfortunately.

I'm not really expecting anything though. Back when the Twilight Temple server was down for half day and people missed out on Nation Wars, we didn't even get an acknowledgement, much less a compensation code.
    ​​

well then a simple
    "Hey that suks, we are pretty bummed about it too. But here see that we have mailed to the devs in China and here is their response/fix to that".

like @nbreaking, it would be awesome if this game was owned by someone who cared enough for us after all some of us spend some serious cash into this game!!
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    @nbreaking but that's not the issue (the take rights from PWE thing) at all though, in China this game is running much much better than our version is.
    The problem here is simply put:
    * There is barely any, or none at all, communication between players and PWE
    * There is communication between PWE en the devs in China, but hey language barrier and China must likely not giving 2 **** about our version, it's not their primary focus nor will it ever be
    * CN version does not have our problems, so they have no incentive to fix any of our problems.

In CN, they most likely don't have any problems with faction base as they are now.
    Even if you get a different publisher and take away PWE as the publisher, you'd still have the same problems.
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• nbreaking
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    @nbreaking but that's not the issue (the take rights from PWE thing) at all though, in China this game is running much much better than our version is.
    The problem here is simply put:
    * There is barely any, or none at all, communication between players and PWE
    * There is communication between PWE en the devs in China, but hey language barrier and China must likely not giving 2 **** about our version, it's not their primary focus nor will it ever be
    * CN version does not have our problems, so they have no incentive to fix any of our problems.

In CN, they most likely don't have any problems with faction base as they are now.
    Even if you get a different publisher and take away PWE as the publisher, you'd still have the same problems.

Kind of, maybe you'd have the same issues ingame, but maybe you'd feel like a new publisher cares.
    Also, PWE can reward us or compensate us for this, however they won't. Plus, the multiclient thing for example is not a CN problem, PWE got breached, PWE did, not CN, they had to have help from CN, but even CN said it was stupid to stop the multiclient and got concerned about how this would impact PWI.

Their events too, like the lorelei tokens and their ridiculous counts and lists that are not true, rewards not being distributed, 6v6 failure with people abusing it and having everything max already AND getting Crowns of Madness on top of that for their alts, the lack of communication, etc, all these problems are PWE's fault, not CN's.

Ingame, yes, you're right, it's because CN has a much bigger playerbase, but honestly, why has our playerbase dwindled in the first place? Sure, some ingame changes have made people quit, however, it's how PWE reacted and how they didn't care that really pissed people off in the first place.

My point is, CN is at fault for everything game related, I agree, however, PWE still has the major fault. Also, the current silence treatment that our GM is giving us isn't helping.

Mr. Justice
  • rebecca1973
    rebecca1973 Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Actually, I 've got people that are left in my faction (surprisingly still have people left in my faction - most quit playing this stupid game) who have put alts in the faction... to run FSD over and over and over again till their fingers bleed... JUST to get some decent base perks. I've got some people... who are even trying to get a base helm.. that worked their ASSES off last week.. For this... PWI is getting to be a piece of **** more and more everyday, and I'm just not sure how much longer I can stay here. There are much better games out there where even the OWNERS of the game listen to the players MUCH better than this. This is like talking to a **** wall.
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Even My.com isn't this incompetent. I've reduced my playing time here in favor of Revelation Online. I'm not happy about the recent changes to faction bases and the continual bugs/glitches.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    I wasn't aware that this was going to be affected by DST changes, but apparently this was.
    I'm not sure if the CN even has this issue, but I'll send off an email to them today to see what can be done about it- we'll see what they say!

With the increased workload I've picked up, I have to unfortunately sideboard activity on the forums. Alot of my work recently has been pushing for content and changes, which is why players haven't seen me around on the forums, save for posting events and maintenance announcements. I'm not sure if that will ever change in the near future (the frequency of posting on the forums, that is), but I'm still actively working on things behind the scenes.
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    I wasn't aware that this was going to be affected by DST changes, but apparently this was.
    I'm not sure if the CN even has this issue, but I'll send off an email to them today to see what can be done about it- we'll see what they say!

With the increased workload I've picked up, I have to unfortunately sideboard activity on the forums. Alot of my work recently has been pushing for content and changes, which is why players haven't seen me around on the forums, save for posting events and maintenance announcements. I'm not sure if that will ever change in the near future (the frequency of posting on the forums, that is), but I'm still actively working on things behind the scenes.
    As always Kalyst, I appreciate your posting of any update. I for one would rather hear news I don't like than no news at all. If it's the former, we can cross that bridge when we get there.

Are you at all able to read the threads going on these days? Because with the length of the multiclienting thread, I wouldn't blame you for not being able to with your increased workload. But I know you know the gist of it. :confused:

Ten minutes out of your week to post an update that actually tells us something. It would go so far to fixing things. Please do this. I don't want to see you become frankieraye.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • babyhas2legs
    babyhas2legs Posts: 39 Arc User
    There you are kalyst!!, So happy you are still here. Please check in often to give us hope of being heard. Sorry you are under so much pressure, but we players are too as you can read. Can you give us an idea of when we can multiclient 1 toon with our main again? And someone needs to do something about the faction base situations so many players leaving. Thank You for writing, hope to see you on here soon.
  • dblazen1

Ah yes, the same vicious cycle of every CM is repeating itself as usual, the "I have increased workload and no time for forums"
    Does PWE not know what the **** a "COMMUNITY manager" is?

If history repeats itself as usual, you'll be around for just a few more months, enjoy it.
    Jws3dXe.gif

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator

Sorry kalyst,

But if that's the case someone should be keeping an eye on here. And or update us on some of the current issues.

Thanks.
  • baysidebutterfly
    baysidebutterfly Posts: 25 Arc User
    Just get rid of the Loyality Points System before everyone quits, It's should be pretty simple to do as every Sunday you rob the points.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @dblazen1 Yes, because I do the following -
    - Weekly reports on the state of the game
    - Monthly reports on the state of the game
    - Post Mort reports/presentations on the expansion that just passed (and all future expansions)
    - Schedule planning for month(s) ahead (including all in game events, social and promotions, forecasting etc.)
    - Pushing for new features + content being requested by users by being in contact with the devs/producer.

A good chunk of these are not in the scope of a normal CM.
    We have a CM, but they mostly manage the Facebook interactions and their duties are different than what players typically see as my interactions here. I have talked about this before - that I had a blended role (CM and some PM work) and as more responsibilities have been shifted over to me, there are things I've had to drop.

General thread - CN has gotten back to me but they said that only 2 of these numbers should be resetting (the 1st and 3rd number) every Sunday at midnight. The 2nd and 4th number should not. If it is, please post a SS of this so I can give it to them! I'll ask them again about the bases being locked too as a result since they mostly responded to the points thing. Also, just to clarify, did Trials themselves reset as well before their intended reset date?

Proper multiclienting (not the process people are using through arc process force quitting) is being worked on, but I have no ETA on its implementation. They are making great progress so far though, and once we get all the specifics confirmed, we'll make an announcement on what, if any, new policies will be in place.
  • heerohex#3018
    edited March 2018
    @kalystconquerer#0876

The faction points in 1 and 3 reset as well as everyones personal points.

The points their for did not transfer over from the week. But only anything gained from Sunday after maint.

Anyone that had cpoints Soz can't remember name was also reset. Some people had 60 points. But didn't get the reward.

Many factions had their base closed.
    Some factions cant run trials this week.
    Some factions can't set extra faction rewards.
    A lot of people lost faction the tokens.
    Some factions lost their trials rewards.

Sorry, busy at the moment. So I'll correct later any mistakes.

Thanks.
  • greenfire312
    Proper multiclienting (not the process people are using through arc process force quitting) is being worked on, but I have no ETA on its implementation. They are making great progress so far though, and once we get all the specifics confirmed, we'll make an announcement on what, if any, new policies will be in place.
    Just to have confirmation on this is more than we had before, so thanks for that.

As always, though, I just hope you understand that those of us who use the Arc bypass don't appreciate being treated like scum. Your "culprit" and certain alt abusers notwithstanding, we've never done anything to you guys and a number of us no doubt charge on occasion (myself included). Moreover, it was never a client mod of any kind, and treating it like one is revisionist history, plain and simple.

Please note my suggestions on page 11 of the multiclienting thread (third post from the bottom) - if you want us to use Arc, make Arc get out of our way.

Even if you do positively change Arc in such a way, I would not fault anyone for leaving over anything less than a full restoration of non-Arc client launching. I'll be honest, the only thing keeping me here is a weird gear project or two that I've been too lazy to fully complete. Those should be done by summer, though... and once they are, I'm going to have to take a hard look at the state of this game and decide then whether to join the exodus.
    - Post Mort reports/presentations on the expansion that just passed (and all future expansions)
    - Schedule planning for month(s) ahead (including all in game events, social and promotions, forecasting etc.)
    - Pushing for new features + content being requested by users by being in contact with the devs/producer.

We have a CM, but they mostly manage the Facebook interactions and their duties are different than what players typically see as my interactions here. I have talked about this before - that I had a blended role (CM and some PM work) and as more responsibilities have been shifted over to me, there are things I've had to drop.
    While I can understand your examples as CM-related duties in that you compile your pushes and presentations by collecting user feedback, none of those examples are user-facing. The user-facing part of the job - as in, talking directly to us - is just as important. If you've had to "drop" 90% of the user-facing portion of your job, then from a user perspective, you are essentially telling us that we have no CM.

I can't imagine that your weekly reports have been pleasant lately. :confused: But I'm pretty sure I'm not alone when I say we don't want this to be a thankless job for you, like most customer-facing ones tend to be. When you gave us insight into your talks with the devs a few months back, it was fascinating, and quite a number of people were happy (or at least interested) with it. We need more threads like that. It can't be just a fluff portion of your job - one of those things you do "if you have time." This is crucial. And if the fates align in such a way that you one day join your predecessors in marching out the door, I hope you tell them that on the way out.
    Etherblade server
  • begme4urlife
    begme4urlife Posts: 3 Arc User
    Late to the party, but...
    @kalystconquerer#0876
    After the Saturday night DST maintenance all rows were reset for the guild funds. Trials were also reset at that time. Currently they reset -normally- sunday night and then Tuesday night again if there's maintenance. The points don't vanish with the Tuesday night, just trials resets.

As for just general response to this thread, this is an extremely frustrating thing to go through. I sent in a ticket to get a generic 'whoops' response which really isn't cool.
    Originally sent in:

To whom it may concern,
    I'm writing on behalf of the faction Vindicate of the Twilight Temple server to express my disatisfaction for the Saturday Night maintenance due to day light savings. While the fact that GM's gave players the advanced notice is appreciated, what is certainly not is the adverse effects it had on both the faction welfare and the loyalty funds. The trials has the faulty system of distribution which requires the leader to distribute mats to specific members by a Sunday night deadline. While this is already a short deadline, the fact that we were not given ANY notice that it would be Saturday to make appropriate adjustments and ensure we did not lose our items, is quite frustrating. Then, to top it off, it has cost the faction to lose all loyalty points, meaning there is a single day to acquire enough points for next weeks trials.
    With as much work that has gone into this new trial and loyalty system and the fact that maintenance (should) be done every week so the mechanics of what effects it has on all aspects of the game should be understood by those who are performing it, and the reprecussions of it should be weighed.
    The faction has lost the following mats: 1 Rageflame kirin egg, 2 fushi pearls, 3 A packs, 15 Ether Jades, 3 gold-plated iron, 8 astralbana pearl level 2, 4 astropira pearl level 2, 15 kunwoo blades, 160 fortification essence, 60 astropira pearls level 1. This doesn't even include the mats that were distributed to members who are in other time zones and might have been asleep, so their items were not yet claimed.

The faction is now inable to complete all 10 trials next week, which means not only are those items lost from last week but we are not able to farm for hte following week (since getting 4,500 points at 10 points per person won't even get us half of that and the goals won't make up the difference).

While it seems only proper for the items above to be compensated back to the faction due to the negligence and lack of information given, the fact that not only will none of our members get all personal rewards next week, the faction welfare cannot receive all rewards, and to add insult to injury your second daylight maintenance for the European change will cause this problem AGAIN desperately needs to be address. Over the years the staffing has been asked to rise to meet player requests for those who have been playing for years, but being robbed of our ability to enjoy the game when situations like this occur only causes the playerbase to lose it's faith.

It would be greatly appreciated if this message is read and an appropriate response is given for so many players who have dedicated countless time, effort, and funds into this game.
    Thank you for your time.

[Insert general response]

And continued frustrations I sent in:
    - Does this mean that the week before the next DS maintenance (scheduled for March 25th) that we shouldn't bother playing? Will this issue be identified and fixed before then? I want to know what to tell our member base. If the points will vanish again, I don't want to push people to farm points we aren't going to be able to use. Again.

- What of all the lost items? Not only did we run into a problem the first week with losing items due to poor wording in game (see the second attached file) that doesn't indicate you have a specific date to claim them by, but rather says you have 'a week' (which to most people would mean it should be there for 7 days).

- This has cost an immense loss on our faction which consits of a large number of players who have been dedicated for years to this game. To basically tell us 'sorry, whoops, maybe we can fix it next time' is frankly unacceptable. If you're looking to have more years of dedication and support from a lot of people, I would feel that some sort of restitution should be in order. A week of points (meaning no one gets their coins from last week, we can't do all 10 trials, and could have been at risk for so much more if we hadn't worked our asses off for 2000 points in one day - By the way, MOST factions can't do that), lack of personal rewards for next week, loss of faction welfare from last week and now this week, and loss of items that didn't even get until sunday night to be claimed from distribution.
    ...Not to mentions several dozen pretty peeved players right now.

As mentioned in my initial ticket, this really needs to be forwarded. With as much grief that's been spawning from this game, a lot of long-time players are at a tipping point. Why continue to play and spend on a game where issues that could have been avoided (i.e. identifying this was going to be a problem before hand, which is kind of what your dev team should be in charge of) and when issues do pop-up, addressing them in a proper way for as much damage ad htey cause.

It was suggested I pipe up on this thread since Kaly showed up in hopes of getting something actually accomplished. If we have this exact same thing happening in less than two weeks, we players at least deserve to know what is going to happen. Will it be a repeat?
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Thank you for the update Kalyst. The problem with the Faction Bases is that they reset prematurely due to the DST maintenance, and then they reset again on the regular Sunday midnight reset as they should.

Since we were unable to gather enough Loyalty Points in a single day, now this week we cannot do Faction Trials. Smaller Factions that need an entire week to get 1000 Loyalty Points, were obviously unable to do so and thus their Faction Bases got locked.

Also, I agree with @greenfire312 here. Please make it so Arc closes on its own after the game is launched. Arc uses up memory for features most people don’t care about. If that’s not possible, then give us the option to disable the overlay etc. and make Arc minimise and use minimal resources. We also need the Force Log option back.
  • heerohex#3018
    Also, I agree with @greenfire312 here. Please make it so Arc closes on its own after the game is launched. Arc uses up memory for features most people don’t care about. If that’s not possible, then give us the option to disable the overlay etc. and make Arc minimise and use minimal resources. We also need the Force Log option back.

Agreed on both points.

Thanks .
  • andyauditore
    andyauditore Posts: 52 Arc User
    I bet many people would return if they reverted to the Eclipse or Elysium expansion.
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 how can you send weekly and monthly reports about the state of the game when you dont even read forum frequently, nor play it?

i mean, the nugget NPC is missing for 8 days now and the xTW crystal rush issue is ongoing for a month? im pretty sure you also didnt read about the TW seeker glitch yet (quality corner)

i might be wrong, but if TW and xTW arernt working properly anymore, a good chunk of PAYING users will lose interest.
  • dblazen1
    edited March 2018

So posting on facebook has a bigger priority than actually communicating on PWE's on forum.
    Way. To. Go.

Either way, consider it a thing on the todo list of the CM as well; actually disable uploads, i'm pretty sure i've pointed that out when PWE switched to vanilla as well.
    Go to your control panel, disable uploads for users. If that's already done, then consider nuking vanilla.

My point was, this is how it always went with our "CM's".
    1. We get a (new) CM
    2. CM seems dedicated to his/her work and doing it properly
    3. Actually manages to do some things for the community
    4. Slowly, but gradually, less and less communication
    5. Gets different assignments
    6. NO NO IM STILL HERE DONT WORRY
    7. Leaves
    8. Go to step 1 after 3 months+ without CM

This is how it's been the last few years around here.
    But prioritizing facebook interactions over PWE's own platform? That's just sad.

I would add a slowclap here, but that doesn't work in text format. And MP3 uploading is a No no.
    So since you people at PWE STILL didn't fix actually not allowing uploading on the forums, i'm just going to go out of my way and attach a zip file with an mp3, so you can unpack it and listen to a slowclap.
    It's going to jail me for a while, isn't it?​​
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
    Jws3dXe.gif

• greenfire312
    Echoing the distaste about Facebook taking priority here. Facebook, these days, exists primarily as a platform for them and third parties to sell you **** based on what you post there. At least if I post here, the only thing that's being advertised to me is, implicitly, more zen/gold. And, no offense to any of you, but I'd sooner quit than post anything to that page using my real name.

So yeah. PWE staff needs to re-evaluate their priorities. Maybe halve the hours the Facebook guy spends on Facebook, so he could do Kalyst's extra projects instead (or take her place on the forums, if Kalyst prefers those projects to us at this point). :tongue:
    Etherblade server
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    My point was, this is how it always went with our "CM's".
    1. We get a (new) CM
    2. CM seems dedicated to his/her work and doing it properly
    3. Actually manages to do some things for the community
    4. Slowly, but gradually, less and less communication
    5. Gets different assignments
    6. NO NO IM STILL HERE DONT WORRY
    7. Leaves
    8. Go to step 1 after 3 months+ without CM

^ THIS. so far i think i've seen this exact same scenario play out 3 times now. nothing different has occurred.
  • foxysp
    foxysp Posts: 33 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »

Agreed on both points.

Thanks .

We also need to be able to unfreeze the non-focused client. Many people used to use the consoles rendernofocus command - gameplay sucks when the second clients screen is frozen.