Scheduled Server Maintenance [ 2/27/2018 - 11 PM PT]

Options
2»

Comments

• zeevhaora
    zeevhaora Posts: 85 Arc User
    Options
    tabaloul wrote: »
    why is people still losing time at jadasia, he interprets ToS like common law and consumer rights dont exist​​

This!
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Again - are you going to tell me with a straight face that we have the player base that we used to? Are you telling me that the supposed new people coming in are doing so at a faster rate than people are leaving?

*** Nope

People are working with CS. And CS is swamped, from what I hear. You ever worked in a support center? They're not exactly staffed for a deluge of calls/tickets all at the same time, not unless you want to hire several extra people to essentially sit on their hands for the other 90% of the time.

*** Funny, I had a few accounts that I lost access to. I submitted a ticket and received assistance from customer service within 4 hours....on a Saturday. I stopped because I did not feel like creating new email accounts just for alts I used for a catshop.

LOL your BS is just that...

This is irrelevant to the assertion in your previous post, which was (essentially) that by agreeing to the ToS we agreed to use Arc. And I have yet to see any specific language saying that. Even if they modified it now to include such language (which I have no doubt they'll probably do), they still owe us an explanation for why... not out of any business sense, mind you, which seems to be the only metric you care about... but out of respect for the community which supports them.

And yes, I am going to continue to appeal to that sense of respect. Why? Because it's more productive than blatant cynicism.

LOL! You haven't read the ToS, haven't you?
    tabaloul wrote: »
    why is people still losing time at jadasia, he interprets ToS like common law and consumer rights dont exist​​

It's just basic standard contract law pertaining to use of software.
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Options
    jadasia wrote: »
    *** Nope
    Okay, so if you're not going to challenge me on that, then your implication that people leaving the game is not a problem doesn't stand.
    *** Funny, I had a few accounts that I lost access to. I submitted a ticket and received assistance from customer service within 4 hours....on a Saturday. I stopped because I did not feel like creating new email accounts just for alts I used for a catshop.

Your experience is not everyone's experience. Moreover, "a few accounts?" Are you telling me that CS is ignoring the precious ToS and turning a blind eye to people owning more than two accounts (presuming of course that an individual doesn't submit tickets for 100 different bot accounts or something)? Because that sure sounds like the same kind of even-handed, common sense policy that allowed non-Arc players to coexist with the staff for years without any incident at all.

Funny what can happen when you don't treat your ToS as sacrosanct. :smile:
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Options
    *** Nope
    Okay, so if you're not going to challenge me on that, then your implication that people leaving the game is not a problem doesn't stand.

Your experience is not everyone's experience. Moreover, "a few accounts?" Are you telling me that CS is ignoring the precious ToS and turning a blind eye to people owning more than two accounts (presuming of course that an individual doesn't submit tickets for 100 different bot accounts or something)? Because that sure sounds like the same kind of even-handed, common sense policy that allowed non-Arc players to coexist with the staff for years without any incident at all.

Funny what can happen when you don't treat your ToS as sacrosanct. :smile:

I have one account now. Can you say that?

PWI turned a blind eye to a lot of things but that doesn't mean they can't start enforcing those things if it becomes an issue, right?

Oh and there is no such thing as non-arc players now. Get used to it. LOL
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Options
    PWI turned a blind eye to a lot of things but that doesn't mean they can't start enforcing those things if it becomes an issue, right?
    No one (at least no one I'm aware of) has argued that they can't enforce whatever the hell they please. The argument has always been that they shouldn't enforce it now any more than they did then, for the same reason one doesn't typically stab themselves when they're already bleeding out.

Not even bothering with the rest of your troll post.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server