no faction base quests, What do I do now to keep my base alive?

ramjot
ramjot Posts: 103 Arc User
I am wondering how I am going to be able to keep my base alive now that I cant get into it and the only quests available I have never been able to complete consistently.
Does anyone know of any quests that give chivalry points other than the 3 heavy ones published?

Comments

• laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    You know i was also wondering this?

Our faction has always been active we do are base quests together to knock them out fast we never had to worry about the base health what happens if we can't maintain it we were about to reach 17 lv before this patch?
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    laiwaisan wrote: »

Our faction has always been active we do are base quests together to knock them out fast we never had to worry about the base health what happens if we can't maintain it we were about to reach 17 lv before this patch?

In the old bases (the ones that they closed now) Health was not really a problem. From what I understand: Years ago, when the whole faction base system was introduced, a base could be destroyed if players did not do enough faction quests, it could also be destroyed in a faction base battle. All this of course was nothing more than a tactic to drain more $$$$ from people. However at the time that system backfire at them and the playerbase was so mad about it that they changed to something like we had not long ago.
    To answer your question:
    The good thing: faction base health does not drop if you don't do base quest. I am pretty sure of it because I have an alt on dead faction with base for years now, and on all the years that alt stayed on that faction, the base's health never went down.

The bad thing: if they replaced the old faction system for this new one, there seems to be nothing remaining from the old system, so no old faction bases anymore unless is hidden somewhere. No base quests, no base buildings, no items, no merit, etc. All now depends from the new system that ask you to run end game dungeon, very elitist in my opinion.

• laiwaisan
    oh danggggggggg wow
    rieihdius wrote: »
    laiwaisan wrote: »

In the old bases (the ones that they closed now) Health was not really a problem. From what I understand: Years ago, when the whole faction base system was introduced, a base could be destroyed if players did not do enough faction quests, it could also be destroyed in a faction base battle. All this of course was nothing more than a tactic to drain more $$$$ from people. However at the time that system backfire at them and the playerbase was so mad about it that they changed to something like we had not long ago.
    To answer your question:
    The good thing: faction base health does not drop if you don't do base quest. I am pretty sure of it because I have an alt on dead faction with base for years now, and on all the years that alt stayed on that faction, the base's health never went down.

The bad thing: if they replaced the old faction system for this new one, there seems to be nothing remaining from the old system, so no old faction bases anymore unless is hidden somewhere. No base quests, no base buildings, no items, no merit, etc. All now depends from the new system that ask you to run end game dungeon, very elitist in my opinion.

• wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    I just don't understand why oh why they did not open up the faction bases for the first week, let the community see, touch, explore the new system. Then after the first week implement the new earn to open feature.. so simple and upfront :)
  • laiwaisan
    Or at least made it so it resets every 3 weeks instead of sunday and have to race every week wth is that
  • kkemz
    kkemz Posts: 73 Arc User
    What they could have done was looked at the different lvl's of the faction bases and how much merit players had and figured out a fair credit for the new base and none of this mess would have happened. They should have had Quest that lvl100+ could do and ones that were below lvl 100 do other quest or zones.
    Plus many factions do not have 8+ players on a time to do a squad.
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    Let me correct myself about something I said before:
    rieihdius wrote: »
    The part about base items not being there is not right.

One of the good things about this new base is that at least for venos and archers, they can still get the items with coin only, so technically they dont even need to do anything aside to be able to enter the base and pay the cost in coin. Veno pet skill cost 2 mill now, arrows cost 100 coins.

source: https://pwi.gamepedia.com/Faction_Base#Faction_Merchant

The only problem I guess would be to enter base with not enough points and of course some of the other stuff that required an item that I guess you get with the loyalty, so only doing high level dungeon.
    I think someone else mention this before on another thread, but still better make clear my mistake before someone quote me :D

So as I said before on another thread: I guess that removing the entrance restriction and maybe add an npc that give some quest for people with low gear/level could be something nice and maybe not even hard to do.

• kkemz
    kkemz Posts: 73 Arc User
    What they could have done also is had the base open and given ALL factions time to try it out and try to get the loyality points. I believe 1000 loyality points is way to high or have it where you had a month to get it. It would still be a stuggle or impossible but it gave them a chance to see things for themselves plus give them more of a chance to get more members if they wished to do so.
  • ramjot
    I am sorry to state the obvious but the multi-client 'storm' has made this item seem less important. Well....
    We have some sort assurance that that wind will blow away and we will get somewhere near to where we were but...
    Will the base situation also be reconsidered in the light of the concerns that were raised before that flicker of invisible fate?
  • armoftheland33
    armoftheland33 Posts: 84 Arc User
    sontzu wrote: »
    I for one intend to keep this issue alive, until either pwi fix this mess, or I get tired of pwi and quit the game permanently

I tried that once with a thread. I lasted 6 months. Then I quit the game.
  • mistressani
    mistressani Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Why didn't they just let this new update of the Base be an upgrade option instead , allowing all factions to remain open with or without the old Bases and calling the new upgrade a Guild/Faction headquarters giving factions the option to choose whether or not they wanted to take their Bases to the next Level which offered more shops and interal quests to Guild memebers of all levels. Just a suggestion I'm just pulling from memory of my last MMO

Level 1 Guilds - just had access to the faction npc that gave developmental quests
    Level 2 Guilds - Accquired a main Main Base allowing Guild wars and basic Shop Npcs and Expansion
    and Engineering Quests
    Level 3 Guilds - The Base evolved into a City allowing further access to more defined Shops Npcs and
    quests.

Everything in the Guild Shops was bought with Guild Points which included - Pvp based gears, gems,
    refining mats, pet/mount skills, player skill books, fashion/potion recipe shop , had a fishing pond & a planting zone ( thats how we made potions and fashions), Guild Trade runs for in game coin gain/exp and each month a portion of the Guild's overall contribution and Funds were paid to the Sytem to keep the city alive or it downgraded.

Contribution Points were earned from the daily Guild Quests and Funds were gotten from Guild Trade runs

Weekly Salaries were paid to members who held Guild Rank titles in the form of in game coins

Additional Guild Funds and Tradeable Rewards came monthly from Guild War Ranking depending on if you held your land or accquired more left up the Guild Leader's choice if to share it with members or hoard it.
    Post edited by mistressani on
  • sweetvenus
    sweetvenus Posts: 15 Arc User
    The new base system means that more laid back players, players who have a busy life outside of pwi will not be able to contribute much if at all, to faction base. Players who do not have the best gear, players who maybe for some reason do not even attempt to reach end game or very high lvl gear, are not able to contribute much to base. A live and kicking faction is however nice for most of us, even the not so pro players.

Up til now, a faction base has been a good thing to work on towards common faction goals, and the quests have been doable even for the not so high and mighty players. I have seen good friends quit over this already, and it saddens me. Is pwi just for those with time to spare and extra energy after long days of school/work?

As mentioned before in this thread its very elitistic, and in a game I cannot see why this is necessary.
  • rivermist
    rivermist Posts: 10 Arc User
    sweetvenus wrote: »
    The new base system means that more laid back players, players who have a busy life outside of pwi will not be able to contribute much if at all, to faction base. Players who do not have the best gear, players who maybe for some reason do not even attempt to reach end game or very high lvl gear, are not able to contribute much to base. A live and kicking faction is however nice for most of us, even the not so pro players.

Up til now, a faction base has been a good thing to work on towards common faction goals, and the quests have been doable even for the not so high and mighty players. I have seen good friends quit over this already, and it saddens me. Is pwi just for those with time to spare and extra energy after long days of school/work?

As mentioned before in this thread its very elitistic, and in a game I cannot see why this is necessary.

WELL SAID. Watching veteran players go two ways..... either they are playing much less (or quit) or they went to other factions that are struggling to keep their bases open, how long will that last? People game to have fun, not work.
  • keilhawk
    keilhawk Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I myself am very pissed off about the bases being locked I ended up with a old premier TW faction who's base was lvl15 when the leader died and everyone left. Even though I just have my characters in there so I was able to bq's and get the higher level pots and ammo and buffs, it was a place to put my chars to stop random faction invites. I find it very cheap and low and the worst F@#k you to the player base from PW out of all the screwings they have done to us over the last 10 years, I won't even get into listing them as this post is alreay long enough. When I think of all the time money/coin and effort that went in to getting the base to where it was to just have it taken away, well I can't use that kind of language on here. I myself have had enough if the issue isn't fixed soon I will be done with PW after playing it for 10 years.
  • notonlyjudge
    notonlyjudge Posts: 23 Arc User
    "let it go" is a nice song from that animated movie with two sisters. one is very cold
  • baysidebutterfly
    baysidebutterfly Posts: 25 Arc User
    Not letting it go !!!!
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Since we are at it..
    I'll Never let you go :p
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-nyeiKk35M
  • ramjot
    Doing just the daily logon to get attended stamp, wait 1 hour for that freebe and in Reflections to get free Exp.
    Will continue until........
  • steelangel101
    steelangel101 Posts: 11 Arc User
    @sontzu did you quit yet? If not, why?
  • rivermist
    rivermist Posts: 10 Arc User
    So not amused with the merit "compensation". The base situation sucks, I agree with sontzu, I don't want to give up, but have a feeling they don't care and maybe will be time to move on soon. :(