No Maintenance Tonight - 2/20/2018

Options
kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
Hello PWI players!

Due to Spring Festival Holiday in CN, we will not be having maintenance tonight!

Enjoy your evening and thank you for playing PWI!

-The PWI Crew
Tagged:

Comments

• matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    Options
    Lol 2 weekly no maintenance
  • candiiie
    candiiie Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi @kalystconquerer#0876,
    Any update on the Arigora Colosseum rewards send out? I still haven't received my rewards. A lot of other people received theirs already. My toon is summer - Twilight Temple. Thank you!
  • zeevhaora
    zeevhaora Posts: 85 Arc User
    Options
    @matthew4 No WB to you, Haunted. :#
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Options
    You do understand that the longer you guys (PWE in general, not so much you Kalyst) wait to give us answers on Arc, the worse the playerbase's trust is going to get, right?

(I mean, when I said you guys were heading into Soon(TM) territory a few weeks ago, I didn't intend that as a freaking challenge... >_>)
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • clyknight
    clyknight Posts: 128 Arc User
    Options
    You do understand that the longer you guys (PWE in general, not so much you Kalyst) wait to give us answers on Arc, the worse the playerbase's trust is going to get, right?

(I mean, when I said you guys were heading into Soon(TM) territory a few weeks ago, I didn't intend that as a freaking challenge... >_>)

You do realize they don't give a shi………...
  • greenfire312
    Options
    clyknight wrote: »
    The more people say that, the more true it becomes. So let's not.
    Etherblade server
  • mistressani
    mistressani Posts: 101 Arc User
    Options
    clyknight wrote: »
    The more people say that, the more true it becomes. So let's not.

Fine I won't say it...but you can't stop me from thinking it
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    O I dont think its a case of they dont care.

Understaffed. is more prob to the point. China being out for the holidays and the timing of this problem have not worked well in either side of this. At this point we are going to have to bear with them rather than get grizzly...

I think at this point we need to start saying what we want with Arc. as its clear we will have to use it from this point.

I worry tho at this point and normally after one missed maint things start to stop working. I hope we dont have any issues but if we do let us know here.

Thanks.​​
  • greenfire312
    edited February 2018
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »

Understaffed. is more prob to the point. China being out for the holidays and the timing of this problem have not worked well in either side of this. At this point we are going to have to bear with them rather than get grizzly...

I think at this point we need to start saying what we want with Arc. as its clear we will have to use it from this point.

I worry tho at this point and normally after one missed maint things start to stop working. I hope we dont have any issues but if we do let us know here.

Thanks.​​
    People did say "what they want with Arc" in the other thread. A few people made specific suggestions (myself included), but by and large, people don't want Arc. PWE management hasn't made anything clear - we were told of the change out of thin air, Kalyst was unable (or unwilling) to confirm or deny if non-Arc use would return, then suddenly we're rewriting history by pretending that non-Arc use is some deviant act that PWE never tolerated.

If PWE wants us to accept Arc, they need to meet us halfway. "Because security" doesn't cut it - we need a real, logical reason why it's necessary (starting with what the culprit did, and why their exploit can't be fixed without using Arc). Otherwise people can and will continue to assume the worst. And if it is the worst? They should at least have the decency to tell us the truth straight-up, so they can keep what credibility they have left (don't worry about loss of player base - that's a given at this point).

And I can't speak for others, but if we are forced to use Arc, "what I want" is for it to just launch the game without "features" and marketing junk, allow force log and multiclient, and then get entirely out of the way (a full description of each process and a compelling reason for why ArcOSOverlay won't stay closed after launch wouldn't hurt, either).
    Etherblade server
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    And I can't speak for others, but if we are forced to use Arc, "what I want" is for it to just launch the game without "features" and marketing junk, allow force log and multiclient, and then get entirely out of the way (a full description of each process and a compelling reason for why ArcOSOverlay won't stay closed after launch wouldn't hurt, either).

This is exactly what I want, and I believe it's what most players want, too.

I mean no disrespect, but Arc offers absolutely nothing that I need besides launching the game. Arc eats up my PC's memory for features I'll never use, all while I'm trying to play a game that's already suffering from memory leaks.

All we need is to have the force log option back, the multiclients and the ability to disable Arc's features and Arc's overlay so it doesn't consume unnecessary memory. We don't need fancy features, we just want simplicity and functionality.
    ​​
  • mimiskysa#4762
    mimiskysa#4762 Posts: 35 Arc User
    Options

Thanks.​​
    People did say "what they want with Arc" in the other thread. A few people made specific suggestions (myself included), but by and large, people don't want Arc. PWE management hasn't made anything clear - we were told of the change out of thin air, Kalyst was unable (or unwilling) to confirm or deny if non-Arc use would return, then suddenly we're rewriting history by pretending that non-Arc use is some deviant act that PWE never tolerated.

If PWE wants us to accept Arc, they need to meet us halfway. "Because security" doesn't cut it - we need a real, logical reason why it's necessary (starting with what the culprit did, and why their exploit can't be fixed without using Arc). Otherwise people can and will continue to assume the worst. And if it is the worst? They should at least have the decency to tell us the truth straight-up, so they can keep what credibility they have left (don't worry about loss of player base - that's a given at this point).

I mean no disrespect, but Arc offers absolutely nothing that I need besides launching the game. Arc eats up my PC's memory for features I'll never use, all while I'm trying to play a game that's already suffering from memory leaks.

All we need is to have the force log option back, the multiclients and the ability to disable Arc's features and Arc's overlay so it doesn't consume unnecessary memory. We don't need fancy features, we just want simplicity and functionality.
    ​​

This
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    Great.

Ill have a read into the other posts.

as tho I cant really start on it. This is how im feeling as well.

​​
  • matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    Options
    Really idk why end open client over element still all zde multi acc over ARC only all evil Is log slow
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @heero200 @kalystconquerer#0876 There might be a bit of an issue with the lack of server maint. Today doing the Daily Divination quest should give you one quest that gives a Runner's Joy Ticket for the Tiger Gauntlet event, since it is Thursday. Instead, it's given three quests that give the Hammer's Joy, Shooter's Joy, and Racer's Joy tickets, which shouldn't actually happen today.

I don't know what will happen with the events we get today, whether the Tiger Gauntlet will run or the other three (Shooting Gallery, Drift Race, Whack-A-Mole). The Tiger Gauntlet is the one that is meant to run today though. Someone else will have to check since I'd probably be the last person to see what event runs for today due to my timezone and being on a west coast server.

Not sure if it's related to the lack of maint since we haven't had a server reset but that's just a guess.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • heerohex#3018
    edited February 2018
    Options
    obielle wrote: »
    @heero200 @kalystconquerer#0876 There might be a bit of an issue with the lack of server maint. Today doing the Daily Divination quest should give you one quest that gives a Runner's Joy Ticket for the Tiger Gauntlet event, since it is Thursday. Instead, it's given three quests that give the Hammer's Joy, Shooter's Joy, and Racer's Joy tickets, which shouldn't actually happen today.

I don't know what will happen with the events we get today, whether the Tiger Gauntlet will run or the other three (Shooting Gallery, Drift Race, Whack-A-Mole). The Tiger Gauntlet is the one that is meant to run today though. Someone else will have to check since I'd probably be the last person to see what event runs for today due to my timezone and being on a west coast server.

Not sure if it's related to the lack of maint since we haven't had a server reset but that's just a guess.

Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up. If things start to go bad ill let people know. Lets Cross fingers they sort them self out tho.

To be fair im waiting for X-Server problems thats where we normally get them.

Thanks.

P.S. can you let me know the server as well plz.​​
  • obielle
    Options
    The issue is on Twilight Temple. I'm not able to check other servers unfortunately. I did try asking in the discord but didn't see anyone else confirm so far.

• implode
    implode Posts: 83 Arc User
    Options
    I'll go further than that to be honest. First I'll say, people **** and complain about the additional security measures (arc defender) but PWI are hardly the only company doing that. I literally can't access my hotmail when I'm on holiday or away for work - it says "Oh you're logging on from a different IP than usual, we'll send a confirmation PIN to your phone"... yeah.. good job.. my phone that's... at home... sitting on my desk. Or they'll email it... great... need an emailed code in order to get into your email. So honestly there are far far more obnoxious and overbearing security requirments out there than arc.

Arc would be fine, if it didn't make multiclienting such a bear. Kalyst talked of possibly in future coming up with a way to allow multiclienting thru arc, presumably without the need to keep "end task"ing it. So I'd like to offer a suggestion on there, that would make arc the most awesome thing ever, in my eyes.

The problem is that arc is written assuming people only have 1 account. We know that's nonsense. Even if people only play 1 char, many at least have a catshop on another account or something. (Of course, or none of this would even be an issue). What I really want to see is, on that first popup where it asks you for username/password and lets you tick "Sign me in automatically"... let that be a table, so you can put in as many accounts as you wish. Then you'd be logged into arc with your say, 4 accounts. Then you could go into PW, click launch, and 4 copies of the PW client would fire up and log your accounts into each of them. Then arc would act something like a real account manager software like it should be. That would be FANTASTIC.

ArcMultiLogin_zpsmualbzc9.png
  • implode
    implode Posts: 83 Arc User
    Options
    And one more thing in addition to above, after talking about this with my faction. We also need a way to change the email address an account is linked to *without needing to raise a ticket*. My barb is tied to an email address I don't have anymore, I've put in ticket after ticket on this and never even get a "Sorry we can't do that" response, just completely ignored. But I have arc defender switched off so I'm fine. Many other people aren't, and have PINs being sent to emails they no longer have, and support don't want to help, so now they're locked out of those accounts. So we need a way to fix this without having to go through support.

Arc defender would actually not be a bad thing if you could do this. But security measures are only tolerable if they don't give undue amounts of grief to the genuine account owners.
  • greenfire312
    edited February 2018
    Options
    implode wrote: »
    I literally can't access my hotmail when I'm on holiday or away for work - it says "Oh you're logging on from a different IP than usual, we'll send a confirmation PIN to your phone"... yeah.. good job.. my phone that's... at home... sitting on my desk. Or they'll email it... great... need an emailed code in order to get into your email. So honestly there are far far more obnoxious and overbearing security requirments out there than arc.
    You're referring to two-factor authentication, which is actually a very common practice and is actually recommended for stuff you actually need to keep safe (sensitive email, bank accounts, etc). Most people don't typically leave their phones at home anyway, so... you can call it overbearing if you want, but we should get used to it anyway (as long as you trust the other party to have your phone number, which is usually the sticking point for me).

But with PWI - I mean, at the end of the day, it's a game. I'm not going to go out of my way to protect it like I would with some other accounts. If I don't follow best practices for account security on a game, that's on me. Don't force a BS platform on me and then pretend it's for security.
    The problem is that arc is written assuming people only have 1 account. We know that's nonsense. Even if people only play 1 char, many at least have a catshop on another account or something. (Of course, or none of this would even be an issue). What I really want to see is, on that first popup where it asks you for username/password and lets you tick "Sign me in automatically"... let that be a table, so you can put in as many accounts as you wish. Then you'd be logged into arc with your say, 4 accounts. Then you could go into PW, click launch, and 4 copies of the PW client would fire up and log your accounts into each of them. Then arc would act something like a real account manager software like it should be. That would be FANTASTIC.

ArcMultiLogin_zpsmualbzc9.png
    I would support this idea, but the problem is, not every computer can handle launching 4 clients at once (if at all), so there would have to be a way to launch additional single clients at will using any one of the selected accounts. And if you have to close any one of the clients, you'd then have to close all of them and re-open, or else it has no idea which account you want to use with the replacement client that you open.

Even if you could get around those issues, ideally this would be the only screen you see, followed by the first client launching and then a single Arc process running to keep track of which accounts are logged in - and nothing else.

And of course, all of this is preferable only under the assumption that PWE eventually gives us a real reason why Arc is required in the first place. Lacking such a reason, we should still not be forced to use Arc.

(...did you really just photoshop a mock-up of a multi-client Arc launcher?)
    And one more thing in addition to above, after talking about this with my faction. We also need a way to change the email address an account is linked to *without needing to raise a ticket*. My barb is tied to an email address I don't have anymore, I've put in ticket after ticket on this and never even get a "Sorry we can't do that" response, just completely ignored.
    Horrific ticket system aside, what would you recommend as a replacement? You'd have to verify it somehow, or any rando could send in a ticket and take over your account. And whatever solution you choose, it'd have to be automated or else you'd just run into the same problem of an understaffed and overstressed customer support department.
    Etherblade server
  • obielle
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @heero200 I heard that the 3 events ran today (Whack-A-Mole, Shooting Gallery, Drift Race) though I didn't check myself yet. So you can still get coins, but the events are just running on the wrong day. Just checked that myself not too long ago. Not sure if the same thing will happen tomorrow, and not sure if this occurred on the other servers but I assume it did.
    Post edited by obielle on

• heerohex#3018
    Options
    It happened on Etherblade but it all looked like it was working even with the change. I've noted it as something tho as something to go bk on if needed.

Gotta say I'm happy Crosses Fingers!