so... west is empty... and 1 fsj can;t even get formed in twilight temple.. its safe to say........

limit1#4879
limit1#4879 Posts: 75 Arc User
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
jump the boat now while u still can.... even if you spend tons of money here i dont think its worth the headache.... german gamers already complained about lootboxes whether they are considered gambling... and put on gambling tax on it so publisher wont put it there..... i think US would be happy to add tax to pwi for making us gamble for 9/10 years... seriously.... this is fun game. i better go gambling now.. since i got so addicted to it due to this game.

cheers to belgium for doing the initiative....
https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/19/16783136/loot-boxes-video-games-gambling-legal
this is a news post .... if you see it inappropriate, idk about that since you guys are the first game i know that offered "lootboxes" you should be enlightened.

btw i asked my friend who lives in the us to talk to irs about the gambling tax... will see what happens.

Comments

• draco5787
    draco5787 Posts: 38 Arc User
    The so called "loot boxes" are not required content to continue on with the game. Nothing is left locked behind a pay wall so the US will not put a tax on them
  • spaz221
    spaz221 Posts: 8 Arc User
    draco5787 wrote: »
    The so called "loot boxes" are not required content to continue on with the game. Nothing is left locked behind a pay wall so the US will not put a tax on them

So, how do you get a CoM? Matchless Wings? Stirr/Sky covers? Gems? Socket stones for necklace? How do you get any of those without opening packs? Come on, how? Because you must open them to obtain these key items for getting end game.

Enlighten me.
  • mimiskysa#4762
    mimiskysa#4762 Posts: 35 Arc User
    Can always buy them from someone who does open packs; you yourself don't have to though. Can just save up coin and buy from someone who merchants in game or buy those items from the pop up shop that's held by gms once in a while
  • spaz221
    spaz221 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Can always buy them from someone who does open packs; you yourself don't have to though. Can just save up coin and buy from someone who merchants in game or buy those items from the pop up shop that's held by gms once in a while

I honestly didnt think anyone would say that... You do realise what you just said is redundant right? Because it still involves packs being opened...

jesus christ im shocked at this community.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited February 2018

That has nothing to do with the ongoing discussion. Anything in Loot-Boxes has to, at the very least, be acquirable ingame as well and that is not the case. Another thing I was preaching to PWE since forever. Maybe, if those laws hopefully come to pass, we will get an NPC that sells those items/an instance to farm those items.

In F2P games I can expect packs and you can somewhat get them through ingame means too (if the AH wouldnt make it impossible to buy gold that is) but they shall vanish from full price titles. That's borderline criminal, a massive scam. If this has repercussions for some F2P MMOs..welp, that can only help us players.
    Post edited by jsxshadow on
  • tabaloul
    tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »

That has nothing to do with the ongoing discussion. Anything in Loot-Boxes has to, at the very least, be acquirable ingame as well and that is not the case. Another thing I was preaching to PWE since forever. Maybe, if those laws hopefully come to pass, we will get an NPC that sells those items/an instance to farm those items.

In F2P games I can except packs and you can somewhat get them through ingame means too (if the AH wouldnt make it impossible to buy gold that is) but they shall vanish from full price titles. That's borderline criminal, a massive scam. If this has repercussions for some F2P MMOs..welp, that can only help us players.

yea like tokens, or lucky coins, or scroll of tomes, or g17 ornaments​​
  • sleeper1#0704
    sleeper1#0704 Posts: 70 Arc User
    there goes the op........ "off with your heads" - pwi. lol
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Forums feels so dead the last few weeks compared to what I was used to the last 6 months X_X not as entertaining
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Forums feels so dead the last few weeks compared to what I was used to the last 6 months X_X not as entertaining

Not the last 2 weeks. But in the weeks leading up to update it was quiet.

Been quiet last fewdays tho some topics have been busy .
  • coinsrus
    coinsrus Posts: 131 Arc User
    spaz221 wrote: »

I honestly didnt think anyone would say that... You do realise what you just said is redundant right? Because it still involves packs being opened...

jesus christ im shocked at this community.

Not sure if you really dont realise how stupid that logic is...
    If you win a car, and sell the car, does the guy buying the car have to pay for lottery taxes?

• blazerboy
    @heero200 I meant in terms of interesting topics it’s mainly just complaint fest which are entertaining in their own rite due to the fact I’m sure CN can see these issues but just ignore them. But I mean in terms of like upcoming content new ideas basically anything except either broken or terrible changes it’s just been very dry in besides the newest breed of bleh content my bad should have been more clear
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
    @heero200 I meant in terms of interesting topics it’s mainly just complaint fest which are entertaining in their own rite due to the fact I’m sure CN can see these issues but just ignore them. But I mean in terms of like upcoming content new ideas basically anything except either broken or terrible changes it’s just been very dry in besides the newest breed of bleh content my bad should have been more clear

Your not wrong their.

I expect PWCN will get something interesting soon. Seams like you said tho same items. That's fine tho by me makes things easier.

I'm not sure if things will ever pick up like they once where. Time will tell .
  • blazerboy
    @heero200 for me I would have no issue playing farming spending ect np. Pwi was a game I enjoyed many year and made many friends but the recent events where ppl who abused the system got end teir stuff, adjusting the arc defender so ppl can’t do the same to catch up the same way and literally making this game into a Walt Disney mini game really didn’t sit well with me.

I don’t think the abusers should get banned but I do think it’s bs they got away with it with no reprocussions and it’s just harder for others now. Now some say everyone had an equal opportunity to do it and chose not to and it’s only a small percentage who did it. Let’s see the majority of the ones who did it are NP with the exception of what 1? Well 1 that I know anyway but atleast 5 ik who did it are NP rb at that too.... So let me get this straight you broke the balance with those evil NP promos, made ppl who are already vastly ahead of ppl get free +3 gems (ik 3 of these got there’s through the free give away blunder they did with log in) now best gears in game through abuse you basically made gods amped up gods and expect the community will be okay with that? Yeah not to sound rude but I’m not sure they ever can repair the blunder that is the last 6-7 months they have been doing ._. Well since NP promo began but I forgot how far back but these last 6-7 have been trying to me.

Not saying ppl will all quit at once but a lot of us instead of avid players became casual (log do Hs and talk briefly) or not some will just not heavily cash or spend 10+hrs farming anymore. it just is what it is, Pwi or PWCN at this point both are at fault for what’s become of the direction of the game, this has been just too rediculous imo and a few others I know agree. With that being said anyone who chooses to stay on avidly I still wish the best experience for them!
  • armoftheland33
    armoftheland33 Posts: 84 Arc User
    So let me get this straight you broke the balance with those evil NP promos, made ppl who are already vastly ahead of ppl get free +3 gems (ik 3 of these got there’s through the free give away blunder they did with log in) now best gears in game through abuse you basically made gods amped up gods and expect the community will be okay with that? Yeah not to sound rude but I’m not sure they ever can repair the blunder that is the last 6-7 months they have been doing ._. Well since NP promo began

tumblr_ne2xgj19sh1rnhnqfo1_500.gif