New Player Here

Any tips for me? I'm almost finished dling/installing.

I've played JD a long time on/off and finally gave up since PWE seems to have given up, they don't even get charge events anymore, just the currency bonus and thats it.

I'm looking to give the game a try (and yes if I get addicted ill spend far too much on it lol)

Comments

• vynestra#6938
    vynestra#6938 Posts: 5 Arc User
    teabagg wrote: »
    play it..lvl in it...afk in it..bout it

Thats the same as JD lol.

Are there induction ID's or anything like JD?

• deceitsoul
    deceitsoul Posts: 94 Community Moderator

Actually no you can't afk like JD , it's a bit more limited in that aspect. I also come from JD but pwi was my first before it, even with changing times , pwi alyways had a strong community. No on the ID but they have a similar box. If your ever on etherblade , feel free to drop by a chat.

Hope you enjoy the stay.
    --/**Ticket- Support**\----/**Rules of Conduct**\-->

----/**Administrator of Mod team**\-->
    Inquires or questions inbox here
    Or reach me in-game
    Ouln -Etherblade Server
  • vynestra#6938
    deceitsoul wrote: »

Actually no you can't afk like JD , it's a bit more limited in that aspect. I also come from JD but pwi was my first before it, even with changing times , pwi alyways had a strong community. No on the ID but they have a similar box. If your ever on etherblade , feel free to drop by a chat.

Hope you enjoy the stay.

Deceit - You were the one always wanting 1k sunny jades right? Or is that a different modo?

If so I know who you are, and I believe I am on etherblade, thats the US east server right?
  • deceitsoul
    edited February 2018

Yes that's me and I still want those.

Or reach me in-game
    Ouln -Etherblade Server
  • vynestra#6938
    Yes that's me and I still want those.

What's your ingame name? lol

And no I quit and don't have them, I think I hit 156 asc and stopped, or maybe it was 157 asc, I think it was 156.
  • deceitsoul
    I sent you a message with the details.

Or reach me in-game
    Ouln -Etherblade Server
  • vynestra#6938
    I sent you a message with the details.

Okay I just hopped off, ill be on tomorrow.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Go play another MMO this sounds cynical but once you find out the time or money demand this game requires you will feel the same as many ppl who either quit or became casual players.
    Post edited by blazerboy on
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User

If so I know who you are, and I believe I am on etherblade, thats the US east server right?

East server is Tideswell. Etherblade is a west coast server
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • darksynn
    darksynn Posts: 26 Arc User
    Just play and embrace the game with an open mind but more importantly choose a class that you like that way it might motivate you to keep playing
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    If your goal is to pvp and you don˙t have a lot cash to put in this game my advise for you is:
    Run away from this game fool!
    This game is not new player friendly.
    giphy.gif

• scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    nobody sane would start with this game now....
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Welcome

PWI is better with a group off Friends!

If you have time your be able to catch up on PvP tho PvE is reachable with a few hours each day. The quests and things to do mount up so stick to what you need to do before you start to look at other thing.

Learn your class Find a faction that will help guide you.

Good Luck!​​
  • armoftheland33
    armoftheland33 Posts: 84 Arc User
    I braved a few pwe titles and sad to say they are all the same. If your gripe is with management of JD don't expect anything different in PWI.

Best look for a new publisher if you want a game that is better handled.
  • blazerboy
    Monsterhunter world is still tons of fun :3
  • iamanalt#3534
    iamanalt#3534 Posts: 6 Arc User
    mh world is fun... there's no big wall to climb. you can finish the story few weeks if you are not ocd about armors. well just the base story if you play like 24/7. the big wall is finishing everything all armors and weapons. you might like this better than pwi in terms of ACHIEVEMENT FULFILLMENT. its more clear in mhw that you achieve something unlike in pwi. even though you are r9+12 you still feel like **** coz you dont have np set. these little things that you dont have in pwi makes it even more frustrating end game.
    IF YOU WANNA EXPERIENCE PATIENCE AND FRUSTRATIONS play pwi. i even encourage you to play with not charging anything. thats how you experience the game at a very basic level.
  • blazerboy
    @iamanalt#3534 I think that’s the biggest problem most have with this game the lack of fulfillment you can work x5-10x harder or cash shop much more than someone else but if they open say 1-10 packs and open crown of madness/Jaden Crystal ect then flip more packs with that kinda luck (had 3 friends do this) and poof outgear you and all that cash or work simply looks like a waste of time. But what’s even worse to me is when they make content cost thousands of dollars like seriously 2k+ and ultimately make it obsolete or completely worthless without upgrades.

A full rank 9 set on sale well fence you what nearly a grand and even if you use charge promos for +11 refines will still get you close to 2k and that’s just the bare minimum. If you take your time on charge promos for +12 and using the gold for gems great now you’re +12 Jsod/deity and you were productive enough to farm g17 at the same time and a Lords of Morai or WS set now you’re doing well right after so much time if you farmed or cashing but wait no 20.0 or good S/C you’re rolled... The lack of fulllfillment in this game is just depressing for old players and new players should get a fair warning before attempting this game. It may seem cynical but I think it’s a precautionary tale rather than putting the game down xD.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    If your goal is to have fun with pve rather than pvp it’s a good game if it’s more pvp based I’d recommend say an unofficial PW server..
    It’s an unofficial server but pvp and everything is attainable in like 2 weeks if that or you can spend like 100$ and get maxed out...

PvP is much more active on these servers but they are heavily instant cast and 5 aps everything so if you’re looking for that kind of action try an unofficial server you can prolly find a decent one by searching pwi private server in google.

PWI excels in pay 2 win and always had and always will. They have currently removed all aspects of earning coin in game and if you find a creative way to make coin a Russian bot will just make 50x the amount u can make with 1 toon and drive the price to jack all...

Dailes are a pain in this game and while they are not needed for pve, at least it’s not a needed thing, but starting from scratch takes roughly 6 months of dailes assuming you do UCH and every possible daily you could do. Once you reach “end game” pwi is always pushing new ways to get more cash out of players whether it be a “starchart” which is legitimately game breaking with a good roll or G17 gears or +3 atk/def lvl shards instead of +2’s.

PWI is money hungry and they put posts up such as possible changes coming to Pwi just to get your hopes up to keep playing, most people stuck playing have either invested to much or love the friends they have made in game and refuse to let go...

I’d recommend reading what I wrote but it all comes down to your goals if it’s PvP do a 180 and run the other way.
  • aradriel
    aradriel Posts: 73 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    @iamanalt#3534 I think that’s the biggest problem most have with this game the lack of fulfillment you can work x5-10x harder or cash shop much more than someone else but if they open say 1-10 packs and open crown of madness/Jaden Crystal ect then flip more packs with that kinda luck (had 3 friends do this) and poof outgear you and all that cash or work simply looks like a waste of time. But what’s even worse to me is when they make content cost thousands of dollars like seriously 2k+ and ultimately make it obsolete or completely worthless without upgrades.

^So much this. I really can't recommend enough to anyone thinking about trying this game to reconsider at this point. There are so many better games out there - and if you have cash to spend as you suggest you do - there's a few buy-to-play/sub mmos that are very popular right now that have a MUCH better, more balanced, and more fun experience for their customers. Really think hard about spending a dime on this game. As someone that got sucked into it years ago, and now I feel obligated to stick around to support my friends but absolutely hate the state of the game, run away while you can.
    Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
    Not-so-perfect world'er since Jan. 2010.
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    Agree with @blazerboy on this one, with all the gear that I have, I still feel that lack of fullfilment that you say. I never been a pack/key/lootbox person. That is what killed this game for me.

Due the state this game is nowadays I could not recomend it to anyone anymore, unless maybe the person was complety casual, but even if player is casual would still have problems at mid level due how dead is the old content in general.

I know I am being very negative but I cant lie about it.. :(