[Important] Emergency Maintenance for Dawnglory Server 2/10/2018 9:30 PM PT

2»

Comments

• tabaloul
    tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
    i heard ppl started to bot arc quests, but with PWE you will never know what is the problem and what they are doing to fix it, so the community cannot possibly help with that.​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @sontzu No, although you aren't the first to talk about those particular quests either. The issue was not WITH Arc specifically- rather that people were bypassing the entire system with a method that was being widely distributed. We closed that loophole off.

@limit1#4879 I still don't know why people post this rumor and ask the FB "I heard the game was shutting down in [insert arbitrary length of time here]."

@hawkins08 Still saw a generous amount of catshops and still had active participation on events over the weekend. Weekends though are typically higher activity, so I'm not really surprised by that.

@tabaloul I don't recall what game they were trying to do this on/for, but I never asked around about the resolution to this.
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    @sontzu No, although you aren't the first to talk about those particular quests either. The issue was not WITH Arc specifically- rather that people were bypassing the entire system with a method that was being widely distributed. We closed that loophole off.
    Kalyst, would it be possible to clear something up for us on this point?

Specifically: this loophole you speak of, is this just the practice of logging in with a standard non-Arc client? Or was there another component to the culprit's actions (which obviously you can't disclose at this particular time due to the risk of others using it)?
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • tabaloul

@limit1#4879 I still don't know why people post this rumor and ask the FB "I heard the game was shutting down in [insert arbitrary length of time here]."

@hawkins08 Still saw a generous amount of catshops and still had active participation on events over the weekend. Weekends though are typically higher activity, so I'm not really surprised by that.

@tabaloul I don't recall what game they were trying to do this on/for, but I never asked around about the resolution to this.

thanks for reply, my suggestion is, since we have a 9 years old community, pretty mature i'd say,
    if problems occur, i am quite sure if PWE struggles to find a solution, a community discussion can help perhaps find the solution... idk f.e. if i see your post like "guys we have this xyz problems what are we supposed to do?"
    i am quite sure u will find constructive discussion beginning and perhaps even a solution.​​
  • limit1#4879
    limit1#4879 Posts: 75 Arc User
    tabaloul wrote: »

thanks for reply, my suggestion is, since we have a 9 years old community, pretty mature i'd say,
    if problems occur, i am quite sure if PWE struggles to find a solution, a community discussion can help perhaps find the solution... idk f.e. if i see your post like "guys we have this xyz problems what are we supposed to do?"
    i am quite sure u will find constructive discussion beginning and perhaps even a solution.​​

mature my butt.. they still scam people inside the game... pretty mature i can say..
    we dont even know what is wrong... we dont have any idea what we are facing really. you can t find a solution in a problem that you don't even know.
  • tabaloul
    tabaloul wrote: »

i am quite sure u will find constructive discussion beginning and perhaps even a solution.

mature my butt.. they still scam people inside the game... pretty mature i can say..
    we dont even know what is wrong... we dont have any idea what we are facing really. you can t find a solution in a problem that you don't even know.

in the game yes,
    on the forums???

yesss that's the point we dont know the problem they keep it vague so we have no idea what's going on lol​​
  • limit1#4879
    limit1#4879 Posts: 75 Arc User
    thats a very good pr on their pov.. lmao