[Important] UPDATE - Emergency Maintenance 2/9/2018 @ 10PM PT

Comments

• axel320
    axel320 Posts: 66 Arc User
    In today's world of gaming, it's not far from the truth either. It's like almost anyone currently younger than 25 is unable to read, unable to do even the slightest bit of research, and is unwilling to do anything much for themselves.​​

I'd say it's more that gaming is just much more common these days and has spread from the initial core of people that would have no problem doing that kind of thing to now include a lot of people that... can't/don't.
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 So, now Brazilians can't use arc either, it doesn't allow them in over the IP, Brazilians ARE banned from PWI, but you guys said everyone that played before that rule was made could keep playing, and now they can't, what do you have to say over this?

Mr. Justice
  • hawkins08
    hawkins08 Posts: 29 Arc User
    if you dc ingame and stupid character stays ingame you cant even log back in because stupid arc log in does not allow you to press "force log in"

got to wait up to 10 minutes untill you character finaly decides to go off from game -.-

just experienced this now get rid of this new **** arc log in its only disadvantage
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I haven't experienced any of the issues with ARC you people are complaining about.

I logged in fine.

• kaimxxx
    kaimxxx Posts: 8 Arc User
    well DC then jadasia, and you will find out.
    its happened 3 times to me already today. even shutting down the pc didnt help.
  • jiinxii#2928
    jiinxii#2928 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    4rdefr.jpg

Corrected for accuracy.
    Post edited by jiinxii#2928 on
    Our survival requires bold, decisive, visionary leadership.

So basically, we're all screwed.
  • diondabald
    diondabald Posts: 5 Arc User
    Will this Maint fix issues or break them more..theres a saying in my country
    "If it's not broken don't fix it".
  • hhhh12
    hhhh12 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    if I cant multi then I want ever dime I spent back ...you are breaking your own rules
  • zcorpan
    zcorpan Posts: 4 Arc User
    Is it just me or does this smell like a security breach of some sort, they inforce arc on all then ask people to change passwords, even in fw forum people said they couldent use the creditcard hopefully i am just paranoid.
  • iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    PWI definitely screwed the pooch on this one. We definitely need to hear what this security issue was. How about some transparency from PW, since this might alleviate some of the confusion and anger so many are feeling about this debacle?
    2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    I think they didn't like the injections (so bots could check our names, spam us, farm or visit Jolly Jones). It's not an security issue but a moron-idea to (try to) solve this problem.
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Is anyone else getting DC'd almost immediately after connecting, now? I can hardly sign in and then nothing else loads, game won't tell me I DC'd, I have to force log and then it immediately lets me back in (meaning it DC'd me a long time ago).

I go out of my way to get a sacrificial lamb machine running so I can put Arc on it, and now the stupid thing won't even stay connected? Everything else on the machine/network runs fine.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    kaimxxx wrote: »
    well DC then jadasia, and you will find out.
    its happened 3 times to me already today. even shutting down the pc didnt help.

I did. I disconnected my LAN to my laptop. Got a drink then plugged it back in. PWI had this little popup that said I DC'd and had an option to try to log back in or quit.

I selected to try to log back in and suddenly I was back in the game. It was amazing.
    hhhh12 wrote: »
    if I cant multi then I want ever dime I spent back ...you are breaking your own rules

You might want to read the ToS
  • n3w1ds
    n3w1ds Posts: 11 Arc User
    I used to run this game on one of my old XP machines when the partner was using my newer machine.
    ARC doesn't work on WINDOWS XP, thanks to some dev's who couldn't be bothered keeping it compatible.
    What about those who can't afford the $100 to upgrade their WIndows XP machines, seems it is a sweet FU, to them.
    We aren't all wealthy and looking at statistics a huge number of people still use Windows XP.
    Comon' dev's, don't be so lazy and fix Arc to work on XP.
  • diesfast
    diesfast Posts: 46 Arc User
    zcorpan wrote: »
    Is it just me or does this smell like a security breach of some sort, they enforce Arc on all then ask people to change passwords, even in FW forum people said they couldn't use the credit card hopefully i am just paranoid.

We've been warning them of the .ru 'coin sale' messages on PWI for over a year. Their response was that we need to submit a ticket for each occurrence which become more than bothersome on the player side, because APPARENTLY they don't know how to handle and auto-ban scripted messages. So, I'm less likely to believe a security breach and more inclined to believe a plethora of idiot users giving their account info away out of gullible greed. AND NOW it's a problem because enough people have been compromised that they think they're starting to lose money, WHICH was mentioned in the initial report of these in-game mail spams offering coin sales for hella cheap.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    or whackamackazon
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    n3w1ds wrote: »
    I used to run this game on one of my old XP machines when the partner was using my newer machine.
    ARC doesn't work on WINDOWS XP, thanks to some dev's who couldn't be bothered keeping it compatible.
    What about those who can't afford the $100 to upgrade their WIndows XP machines, seems it is a sweet FU, to them.
    We aren't all wealthy and looking at statistics a huge number of people still use Windows XP.

Try dazloader my digital lyfe create an account for download.

• n3w1ds
    n3w1ds Posts: 11 Arc User
    shimarra wrote: »

Try dazloader my digital lyfe create an account for download.

Isn't dazloader piracy?
    I would much prefer a more legitimate way.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Emergancy Maint from yesterday has been completed.

You can still discuss the Multiclienting topic in the other available thread. You may also bring the discussions about why Arc login was added into the new maintenance thread that was posted HERE, since the cause of Arc login is related to the new maintenance we're having. I'll be slower to respond to this thread than those other two.
  • arigatormrroboto
    arigatormrroboto Posts: 15 Arc User
    shannahand wrote: »
    Steam, Blizzards own client, theres other examples out there. Steam was the first thing that jumped into my head for the security processes they have in place, not necessarily for any precieved value from the platform users can gain. Steams axuilary value isnt the comparison Im making here, as Im pointing out that extra security layers is present on various other platforms.

As far as any benefits Arc can give outside of the security layer...thats another side conversation I can have.

North Korea and China are communist countries...So by your logic... The USA should be as well....I see a lot of radical doublespeak and lots being typed with NOTHING being said. I feel like I am not alone in this feeling. Just admit it...PWE could care LESS if this game dies. That or they purposefully want it to. There is NO POSSIBLE exploit that could effect the game anywhere NEAR as negatively as this will. RIP PWI, It was a fun 8 years (would have been 9 this year) !

Yeah nah North Korea isn't a communist country, hey. It's a Dictatorship. There's a difference, sweetie.

Unfortunately, you're response is radical doublespeak a lot being typed. None of this relays into the USA being made a communist republic. Not sure how you think a game makes that happen? With that being said, China is involved so much because Perfect World Entertainment/ARC is a SUBSIDIARY of WANMEI. Just a little reminder.

The people bringing up Faction Bases; stop saying "YOU" when talking about their "destruction." Faction bases weren't destroyed, they were revamped and the whole faction model was revamped. Don't have enough active members or strong enough members to get the points? Join other factions. Simple. The faction system has needed a revamp for what feels like centuries. But remember; PWE didn't make any of those changes to Factions. So stop saying they destroyed smaller factions. Because THEY didn't, Wanmei did *eyeroll*
  • hawkins08
    hawkins08 Posts: 29 Arc User
    shannahand wrote: »
    Steam, Blizzards own client, theres other examples out there. Steam was the first thing that jumped into my head for the security processes they have in place, not necessarily for any precieved value from the platform users can gain. Steams axuilary value isnt the comparison Im making here, as Im pointing out that extra security layers is present on various other platforms.

As far as any benefits Arc can give outside of the security layer...thats another side conversation I can have.

North Korea and China are communist countries...So by your logic... The USA should be as well....I see a lot of radical doublespeak and lots being typed with NOTHING being said. I feel like I am not alone in this feeling. Just admit it...PWE could care LESS if this game dies. That or they purposefully want it to. There is NO POSSIBLE exploit that could effect the game anywhere NEAR as negatively as this will. RIP PWI, It was a fun 8 years (would have been 9 this year) !

Yeah nah North Korea isn't a communist country, hey. It's a Dictatorship. There's a difference, sweetie.

Unfortunately, you're response is radical doublespeak a lot being typed. None of this relays into the USA being made a communist republic. Not sure how you think a game makes that happen? With that being said, China is involved so much because Perfect World Entertainment/ARC is a SUBSIDIARY of WANMEI. Just a little reminder.

The people bringing up Faction Bases; stop saying "YOU" when talking about their "destruction." Faction bases weren't destroyed, they were revamped and the whole faction model was revamped. Don't have enough active members or strong enough members to get the points? Join other factions. Simple. The faction system has needed a revamp for what feels like centuries. But remember; PWE didn't make any of those changes to Factions. So stop saying they destroyed smaller factions. Because THEY didn't, Wanmei did *eyeroll*

and how stupid it is ?

did you ever created you own faction ? have happy members, nice activitys together and a faction base and you feel proud of beeing the leader ? then a troll comes "join another faction" ?

you get the idea how bad this feels behind it ? some ppl like you are justu careless, selfish and stupid and shouldnt even bother to come up and act smart
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator

Ahh no. They made it so Arc doesn't work on XP anymore so that they could fix security vulnerabilities. What needs to happen, is that you need to stop using a dead OS, or expecting people to support it.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Didn't read all these comments, but...

I got disconnected for 15 minutes. Wouldn't be so annoying if the ability to force log wasn't disabled now that only Arc can log you in. I know complaining about this (as others did) is pretty much pointless given the situation and date, but waiting 15 minutes for the game to FINALLY notice your client is not there any more is ridiculous. That is one slow toaster.

This is aggravated when the player is in a squad. They go seemingly away for 15 minutes. Sure, the squad can wait. Or replace them. Goodbye, precious UP or DH entry. Hello, another wait for another squad.

Now, what if, despite all the "security" implemented, someone actually manages to get all of a player's info? It's 15 minutes of the player being unable to defend their account while someone else is partying with it. This works against the player. And depending on the time of day, support is nowhere to be found online.

I understand why this measure was taken, but this issue when getting disconnected and being locked out must be addressed. It's really discouraging.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • zhell#8586
    zhell#8586 Posts: 29 Arc User
    Oh this game just gets worse and worse with every 'improvement.' - Cannot even relog into game after you dc briefly. Must close the client out completely each time you want to log into pwi, and if you dc with your char still on, it is IMPOSSIBLE to force log because after you start client, it makes you 'select a server' and automatically tries to log you in without giving you to press forcelog. Once that fails, it shows the normal log in screen with username password, fill all those out and press force log and it pretends to be loading then shows error. Good FVC*ING game. Feels like I wasted all my time and money in this game just to have to decline in performance on a regular basis. Do PWE seem to care? No. Will they change a thing? No. because it's about time they terminate PWI. Just a group of people / higher ups that are greedy for money and completely ignoring 98% of the playerbase.

-RiskyLuck
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    cronicles1 wrote: »
    Oh this game just gets worse and worse with every 'improvement.' - Cannot even relog into game after you dc briefly. Must close the client out completely each time you want to log into pwi, and if you dc with your char still on, it is IMPOSSIBLE to force log because after you start client, it makes you 'select a server' and automatically tries to log you in without giving you to press forcelog. Once that fails, it shows the normal log in screen with username password, fill all those out and press force log and it pretends to be loading then shows error. Good FVC*ING game. Feels like I wasted all my time and money in this game just to have to decline in performance on a regular basis. Do PWE seem to care? No. Will they change a thing? No. because it's about time they terminate PWI. Just a group of people / higher ups that are greedy for money and completely ignoring 98% of the playerbase.

-RiskyLuck
    This. Too many people complaining and PWE doesn't care.

• scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Ofc they dont care. Why should they? As long people throwing money after them, they dont need to care.
    And when the charging drops down, they will just make a crazy key/pack/orb sale and people will open threads here and complain the charge limit is not high enough. Its our own fault, lol
  • mynamewasstolen
    mynamewasstolen Posts: 56 Arc User
    We have disabled the ability to login to PWI unless you are launching the game directly from Arc.

This absolutely needs to change. I still (used to until now at any rate) play on the Steam distributed version of PWI. Although the game is no longer "officially" available through steam.. I've been able to reinstall the game on a new PC, having it already in my steam library, and have subsequently been able to install all patches/updates to the game including the wonderland update.. but nothing anymore since that latest patch requiring the use of arc. The client will launch, the patcher will launch, but no patching is allowed. I don't require the extra security, and have long ago turned OFF the annoying **** arc defender that ABSOLUTELY NO ONE WANTS. I am loathe to once again fully reinstall this game just to satisfy PWE that were using a content delivery system that no one cares about. I'm not interested in it as a social platform, nor am I interested in the other games that PWE publishes. IF I ever wanted to play those other games.. they are all quite visible right here at arcgames.com. Is that not enough advertisement for those games? Why are you forcing your 10 year old accounts into using arc in the first place. Shouldn't the fact that over half the community has worked their way around ARC over the years be enough to convince you guys we don't want it. Stop forcing us into this ****. I had honestly considered putting some of this years tax return into the game, and I'll readily admit I've given the company hundreds of dollars over the years.

Not anymore.
    By the light of the moon, our true forms are revealed.
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    I noticed that when I got disconnected last night there was a button that asked if I wanted to reconnect to servers. I clicked the button and it logged me right back in.​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    I noticed that when I got disconnected last night there was a button that asked if I wanted to reconnect to servers. I clicked the button and it logged me right back in.​​

It used to do that for me as I stored the username password in the startup.

It still does it now if I leave arc open.