Archers Now as of 2018

rathofdemise
rathofdemise Posts: 23 Arc User
I have played this game on and off for 10 years on my first server I played as a demon archer but on the second it seems that sage offered a lot more to me in terms of smaller battles and 1 vs1's. With the current state of the game do people still feel demon out class' sage archer. For me the chi gain that sage archers have as well as increased time on the stuns is a game changer. Ofc demon spark is nice but good luck getting away with using all your chi like that in a smaller fight.

Comments

• kmiller
    kmiller Posts: 1 Arc User
    With the recent updates and skill mergers I would say sage is now in line with demon. I had a demon Archer but now have a safe one and I can say I like sage better overall now
  • kokoot
    kokoot Posts: 55 Arc User
    The only reason why demon was better was demon quickshot. Now there is glyphed version of quickshot where attack rate and 20% crit rate is combined. There is no reason to be demon if you can be sage with demon quickshot. Sage is better than demon. Most of the players already switched to sage. You wont see demon archer now.
  • rathofdemise
    ok wow so there is no real debate any more feels good man.
  • sinchalla
    sinchalla Posts: 58 Arc User
    The debate is quit archer, roll a DB lol
  • rathofdemise
    So what your saying is lower my IQ?
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    kokoot wrote: »
    The only reason why demon was better was demon quickshot. Now there is glyphed version of quickshot where attack rate and 20% crit rate is combined. There is no reason to be demon if you can be sage with demon quickshot. Sage is better than demon. Most of the players already switched to sage. You wont see demon archer now.

More like there is no point to switch from either path to the other any more. Sage has that 2m range, demon has better feather arma. There are differences but not nearly large enough to justify the costs of switching. Sage got demon QS, demon got a decent stun with glyphs.

I personally still prefer demon over sage, the only things I do like on sage is the marginal range advantage and Stromrage Eagleons debuff. But like I said, demon feather arma is juicy, granted it does nothing to sins/DBs but you die to those anyways. Demon also has better BoA. All in all it comes down to preferences, anybody trying to assert one of the paths as far superior path is an idiot.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    How come 2 spark archer purifies? u can't explain that its voodoo!

My asseveration is that your assertion may be an over assertion.
    m5arXCN.png
  • kokoot
    kokoot Posts: 55 Arc User
    saxroll wrote: »

More like there is no point to switch from either path to the other any more. Sage has that 2m range, demon has better feather arma. There are differences but not nearly large enough to justify the costs of switching. Sage got demon QS, demon got a decent stun with glyphs.

I personally still prefer demon over sage, the only things I do like on sage is the marginal range advantage and Stromrage Eagleons debuff. But like I said, demon feather arma is juicy, granted it does nothing to sins/DBs but you die to those anyways. Demon also has better BoA. All in all it comes down to preferences, anybody trying to assert one of the paths as far superior path is an idiot.

Well there is also 15 % weapon dmg. You can get 1000 more dmg for 10 gold. Thats the reason why i have switched from demon to sage.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User

Well there is also 15 % weapon dmg. You can get 1000 more dmg for 10 gold. Thats the reason why i have switched from demon to sage.

15% wep dmg is, if I had to guess, maybe 2% more dmg due how dmg in this game works. Its marginal dmg increase, some think its worth it, some dont. I belong tot he latter group.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User

15% wep dmg is, if I had to guess, maybe 2% more dmg due how dmg in this game works. Its marginal dmg increase, some think its worth it, some dont. I belong tot he latter group.

I agree. there is no class for which the mastery itself makes any kind of difference. At least not noticable. As Archer stand atm, Sage is still superior by far since you have more versatility.

I guess that more and more skills will be merged in the future and those skills that really decided which Culti was better will fade. What's left are the very obvious, few skills and Sage definitively takes the cake over Demon big time when we are talking about Archer. Chi Management ijs.