Dear Pwi and all pwi Employees

Options

Comments

• wooooper
    wooooper Posts: 26 Arc User
    Options
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    As most will be aware, Perfect World Malaysian server closed 2 days ago.

Perfect World Philippines closed too... many of them are moving international.
  • bael75
    bael75 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    Reward your loyal Player base factions lift restrictions save our community
    Also again, PWI does not give the pill baby code to EVERY new player. So explain to me how many non rebirth players can get into Dyna or Tempest? So non rebirth players shouldn't be allowed to have a faction base? Tell me a faction that allows for a player level below rebirth, can the rb players do FSD 5 times a day to make up for the difference in numbers? Should they have to? This is a game, not a job. I don't get paid for the hours I spend in PWI, so just because my faction is smaller should I have to spend 3 hours a day doing UP FSP and DH every day in the hopes that maybe before sunday my faction can see the inside of the base we paid for and worked for?
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    Options
    Well after returning from my job, I decided to update this game and give a try to this whole new thing. I must say that I understand the anger that many of those who post here are showing on the comments.
    Sadly however, I am not surprised at all by this changes, after all this Company been doing this kind thing for a while, is just that now they went too far I guess.

In the case of my main character, I really don't have problem, since I am part of a mid size faction with several people well geared and willing to do those high level dungeons, however keep in mind that my main is really well geared.

On some of my alts however is another history, even if some of those character are well geared some of the factions in which I have some of them are semi dead, or have low geared/level people. I guess I will not be playing those characters too much anymore since not only they nerfed primal in the past, but now I can't even enter to their own faction's base. And no, I have no interest in joining a large faction on alts, nor do I have the time or the patience to waste in dup or ddh on those.

I think this change is really dumb to be honest. Some people here claim that small factions are killing the game's pvp. In the server I play at least is the opposite: almost all strong players from the 2 strongest factions went into one large TW/XTW
    Now usually pk is just 20 vs 5 or something like that...

But aside from all that, even if merging factions was something good ( which is not ), there is something even more fundamental that the people defending these changes seems to be missing: You can not force other people to do what you want, you can not force them to play the game the way you want

So if some players are pve you can not force them to go to a large tw faction; If a player don't like to do DUP or DDH regardless of their gear you can not impose those dungeons into them.

This is a game, not a freaking job or a government program or something that people is forced to do to earn money or for survive.
    I said this more than once and I will say it again: if they do things that annoy a large portion of their player base, many of those people will just quit and move to another game, the only ones that lose with this are the Company and some of the hardcore players that are addicted to the game.
  • aeroboy
    aeroboy Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    Dont know what your all complaining about now but here it is.

Ever since they brought back the old development team, they have been taking the game in a new direction. We assumed they knew what was good about the game and would continue to bring us great content like the game was founded on.

Unfortunately that is not what has happened for most of us. They continue to close the once open market we had by bringing in now bound content in an effort to increase the likelihood of us spending money on an expensive game, regardless of if the content is good or not its in my opinion that its going to slowly kill off this game due to a restrictive marketplace.

So why dose anyone assume they care how it impacts us? This game has become too money greedy and there is no going back. accept it and continue to play or move on!
  • jehu50
    jehu50 Posts: 54 Arc User
    Options
    Being in a large tw/xtw Dawnglory faction the openign of base was not a problem, although for others it is. But 2 issues.

1. Why on earth introduce a fairground? Why couldn't we have had a development of a new land with fresh quests and challenges some of which shock horror would have decent rewards rather thancontinually reducing the level of rewards eg mirages.

2. Can't the developers understand that at the begining gold was around 100,000 coin now it sells anywhere between 6.5 - 8M. SO who in their right mind is going to spend VAST sums of gold on S cards for instance or to max your star chests or or or........... It is almost impossible to farm in the way you once could rewards keep getting smaller, not so long back BH rewards were cut- the broken economy is killing the game. Please Please sort this out or ese the game will inded die.

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Completely **** poll. Every single option just supports your opinion in one way or another. Our community is small, and small guilds make it even harder for anything to get done in a game that specifically focusses on large scale events. Personally I'm very happy to see them eradicate small factions. Nothing is more annoying than fighting some 10-man faction in Swirling Dragon Camp in xTW when they are well aware they stand absolutely 0 chance vs large factions. But because of them bidding there the large factions get stuck fighting them instead of the other large factions. Thats 120 people that don't get an xTW cuz of some crappy faction that has 0 business in xTW, extremely selfish, **** off.
  • iw8ing4u
    iw8ing4u Posts: 37 Arc User
    Options
    all the top factions live on the small factions that grow up players to b R9 and then some of this players move into the big TW factions.... remmber?....
    if no medium factions with few R9's that take the low RB1 G15 players or even non RB players and help them grow from where all the new R9 players will come to fill your nice TOP factions from? or the TOP xTW factions will start take TT90 players? lot of ppl have life thats why they dont even want to join the big TW factions... they want to play 1-2 hours now and then and have fun a with they RB2 G16 +5 player and do maybe some things as fac... but no... if u not in big fac and u R9 there no fac fun things for u... base closed
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I personally do not like the fact that faction bases were locked. It seemed weird and kind of unfair for factions that previously owned a faction base to be unable to access it immediately. However, I love the new changes overall.

It would be nice if they could remove the faction base lock, but it is highly unlikely since PWCN (the Chinese version) doesn't have this problem. They have a large player base so I'm sure their factions are fine even if they aren't top tier.

Even if the Chinese developers agree to remove the base lock for PWI, we'll have to wait until the next content update for it. Major changes always come in content updates or expansions. Whether we like it or not, whether this changes or not, we'll have to deal with the new system for the next few months.

I would like to say that not all big, active factions have to be TW or PvP oriented. Remember when we used to have active, trial-focused factions? All big factions became PvP oriented because faction PvE was dead. Faction bases had no purpose outside of potions and arrows, and the few people that farmed base helms or pet skills (all of which are still available in the new base). We don't have the Alchemy Labs buffs anymore, but I honestly didn't see that many people using them ever since we got the Spirit of Defense/Assault potions.

Small factions could merge together and form a bigger, active, PvE focused faction with a friendly and family-oriented atmosphere. It doesn't have to be one of the top tier PvP factions. This has the potential to improve the gaming experience of players and bring them together for something other than PvP. Remember that this is an MMORPG and China will continue pushing for mass PvE and mass PvP activities.

Imagine a new player coming to PWI and joining a large, active, friendly PvE focused faction instead of a small 100 member faction where half of them are alts and there are maybe 15 people online or less.

​​
  • jacobsrevenge
    jacobsrevenge Posts: 61 Arc User
    Options
    sontzu wrote: »
    You know the most insulting part?

"Newly created Faction Bases don't have this restriction."

To me this says, they knew this would be hugely unpopular, as including this restriction on new bases would mean less bases getting made and therefore less cash for pwi, as who in their right mind would pay for something they couldn't use?

Those commenting that they think the game would be better without smaller guilds are either trolling, or epically stupid. Smaller guilds are where new people (yes they exist, despite many opinions to the contrary) learn to play their class, learn to play in a squad, and generally learn how the server community works.

The game has been slowly dying for quite a few years now, with little respites here and there from actual worthwhile content updates, but this will speed up the end.

I'm in the top TW guild on Da, so I'll have access to our base easily enough, but I paid real money for the base for the guild I park my alts in, and I'm furious to have this taken away, and before anyone says again "base quests irrelevant", it's exp for non-105 toons + 20 active points on some days, that's lost too.

Those saying games should be fun are hitting the nail on the head; pwi has increasingly become a second job, even for those that cash rather than farm their stuff, with endless dailies just to keep from falling too far behind. Fun is becoming increasingly
    conspicuously absent.

can any forum admin put a "Like" Button in here? like this :D:D:D

U1P7SPI.jpg
  • kyoske
    kyoske Posts: 163 Arc User
    Options
    For me PWI stopped being fun a long time ago. Im actually shocked by the outrage now seeing the direction this game was heading. Truth be told i was thinking of joining a bigger faction that did UP. DH more often. What i hate is that my undergeared alts wont have anywhere to go, but im still not upset, because it pwi.
  • spasticattack1
    spasticattack1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    PWI stands to lose a lot of people over this. How can they justify this? Did you know if you go make a NEW faction base TODAY, it will cost you 12 mil coin for a lvl 3 base? Um.. all these faction owners spent LOTS more than that on their existing factions, and now PWI is going to give them away for free?? What's more.. a lvl 3 meant that you had a base. Now, you have a base, but just can't get in it?? What in the WORLD was PWI thinking? Maybe someone's smoking some of that funky stuff
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    yup
  • mintcocoa
    mintcocoa Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    I am in complete agreement with the people that say,"Give us back our old base!" I feel that you shouldn't have messed with it. You took away something that people had bought and paid for ingame. Factions worked to daily to upgrade, and paid for that as well. I know some factions that held events in their base, or put up catshops for members only inside the base where no one else but faction members had access to. A faction base gives players a sense of home in game, a visual reminder of something that they had come together to accomplish. AND YOU STOLE THAT FROM THEM!

Small factions are not geared as well nor populated well enough to accomplish that 1000 points every week just to open the base. You have shut them out of this completely. Usually, but not always, smaller guilds will have players that dont have as much time to put into the game. They are small communities that have played together for years. Some of them will be cash shoppers and have r9 their gear, others will be ftp and not be geared as well. But, because they dont have 100 active end-game players you have forced them to give up their base, or struggle and work and pull together to open the base each week. Let's face it I thought gaming was supposed to be fun. I thought this patch was supposed to bring pure fun back to the game! Let me assure you, stealing the old base from players that have worked for something, have already accomplished this task is demoralizing and discouraging.

Lets face it, people are quitting the game over this. GUILDS ARE QUITTING! I have no idea what you guys were thinking. Not everyone wants endgame content! Some do, some don't. Return the old base! Leave the smaller factions alone! Where do you think the new players go to look for a guild!? They join smaller factions who will help them level and learn to play the game. Then if they prefer endgame content, they will move to a bigger more active guild. You have put the last nail in the coffin for many smaller communities... and make no mistake these people are gamer communities. The guild that I have my alt in are trying new games! They are moving as a cohesive whole to try out another game that unlike Perfect World, won't make them feel as if they mean nothing to the community as a whole.

As for myself, I am quitting my alt. I don't have the time or resources to play two characters. I feel that I will be spending my time helping the base to stay open each week with my main character.

I worry that with alot of the players leaving there will be nothing left but cash shoppers an bots. I am afraid for the future of PWI if they dont repair this insult they have handed to the player base.

Wouldn't it be possible to just keep the old base open? Can't you just give the guild leaders the option of keeping the old base, or working to open the new one? So, each week they can give their guilds an option of working to open the new one... or just keeping the status quo and opening up the old base. WHY CAN'T WE HAVE BOTH? GIVE US BACK OUR BASE! You could and should make it a default option. It makes sense!
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    csquared5 wrote: »
    The insistence of many people to 'run their own rodeo' so to speak, is what has caused such incredible difficulties with accumulating enough people in any given faction to have any sort of pleasing mass pvp, not to mention easily finding faction-only runs for ANYTHING.

So you spent 400mil... 4 years ago?

With all due respect... Smaller guilds who don't have a wish to play the game the way you do are not to blame for the declining population.

And hell, if china is going to hike UP the cost for items many years old, let the damn people value their hard earned base just as dearly.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Options
    This is obviously a attempt to get people to advance into the End game cycle, where it costs money or major time to matter*according to Top pvp guild's, hey no need for you your a one shot,, go join a non relevant guild.This is elitizam at its finest.. whether this is being pushed from Who the heck knows, or just a sour broken community where, hey your irrelevant if ya have not spent thousands of dollar's to contribitue to our OPness. Who wins every darn reward for event's? for the last few years>Yeah you know who....Think they want to share those Op rewards for Tw xTw? nah, its for there alt's or there group of Opness buddies..elitizam yeah it exists!. Just another clue that pve people are not wanted, not likely to spend thousands of dollar's..and please leave the game, cuz are server's can't handle the dwindling population, or it's just a ploy to get the last of the juice out of the Orange. Who farm's the relevant item's in game, they do like 10 times faster then non op squads.. every day furthering the gap so THEY can be the Elite, they control the Economy, They Pawn and own the GAME.. Yup
  • wishes8
    wishes8 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    To be honest with this update there are soem good things:

Fresh Look on Base

Making guild members work together for stuff and reward them with that <- Fav thing (Rather than mob kills)

Looking forward to base trials - however not sure that each guild has enough strong players for it.

As one of my mains is a veno I was rather startled with the price for the pet skills in base as I have already decided that this was something that was out of my legue in terms of motivation to farm and price wise wasn't worth it.

On the other side of the coin:

A lot of medium and smaller side guilds (though estimate is 70% of guilds) will not be able to do NORMAL up or NORMAL dh, some can do jfsp, but mostly stick with dfsp. These guild will not manage to get 1k points easily at the start of the week, and thus not have enough time to use the base before it's called again.

Along this same threat, I also worry about the motivation for getting people to run JDH runs at least once a week, entirely made up of guild members, I know myself I had to try at least 3 different times on wednesday to try and motivate people / keep people intrested in opening base.

I personly didn't think about the people after base helms as I personly have never really tried to get one, but I do know for a fact that it did take ages to get.

Possible Considerations:

Lower this base opening restriction, or remove it.

Idealy remove it, but still have the loyalty points reset each week, for the base trials.

Add dfsp, normal up, and ddh or just simply dh to the reward system, but at a lower bonus point.
    E.g. 5x Dfsp = 300 points, 3x Up = 300, 2x ddh = 400 (Something that added up together get's 1k points or close to it, additional group runs for instance with 10 points for loyalty can cover the gap)
    These could be the lower end requests, and the jdh and dup and jfsp could be higher up goals which leaders can assign at a higher tier.
  • zionwarrior
    zionwarrior Posts: 123 Arc User
    Options
    csquared5 wrote: »
    Also I wish I could sympathize more with some of the wee-little factions but honestly I find it difficult. The insistence of many people to 'run their own rodeo' so to speak, is what has caused such incredible difficulties with accumulating enough people in any given faction to have any sort of pleasing mass pvp, not to mention easily finding faction-only runs for ANYTHING. Too many leaders with not enough followers basically. All these faction leaders holding onto some remnant of the past and trying to 'build up something'... come on guys take the blinders off already, this is 2018 and there's not exactly a massive influx of new players. You all competing with each other for the same group of players, with the result that you have an abundance of small factions and no factions large enough to do anything worthwhile on their own. Is it really such a terrible idea to imagine that you might just have to consolidate a bit, for the good of yourself and the game? You aren't gonna lose your family if you relocate, you'll just be one family within an even larger family, and you can make new friends and be able to do more together than you were able to in the past.

And come ON lets be brutally honest now, when is the last time anybody took faction base seriously? So you spent 400mil... 4 years ago? AGES ago come on, the faction base has been a relic and washed up for years now. All anybody ever did recently in faction base was farm enough points to buy their pan gus. Most people who ever set out to get the base helmet got it years and years ago, and the ones who are somehow still 'working on it'... are probably quite inactive, and wouldn't have achieved it very soon anyways. Plus, to my understanding, in a decent faction working on faction base trials, it should be possible to get the base helmet much faster than before using the items gained from the trials.

There are a bunch of positive changes in the faction base. For starters, it is gorgeous. There is a funny/cute faction pet. There are the trials themselves which, from the videos I've seen, are FREAKING COOL---and a way to obtain very nice rewards. Venos are partying hard over the incredibly low cost of 2mil per pet skill (the ones that, you know, used to take 3 months of farming and 36mil coins to get EACH). Archers will also enjoy a ready supply of cheap arrows, and pan gus, oh yes, pan gus---cost only 1 material each, they too will be EASY to get---if your faction isn't a 95% dead faction full of alts, inactive people, and a cloying sense of nostalgia for the 'good ol days'.

From my perspective this expansion has lots of positives. I acknowledge the pressure for players to move to a larger faction, but I see that as a positive thing that will be healthy for the game.

Also regarding the expansion with the theme park, I also support delaying it if need be. Just think how much worse it would be if they released it 'on schedule' but it had game-breaking bugs that hadn't been ironed out. I would much rather wait a bit longer and get content that is as bug-free as possible.

Regards,

Aeliah

First: About 70% if not more of the servers are G16/S3 Nirvana. NOBODY takes them into the REQUIRED instances to OPEN said base other than the occasional JFSP. As for a faction it can have multiple active players but not enough to complete the requirements on a regular basis if not at all. Let alone 8 people on at the same time of the gear level needed to do such a thing. Unless you are a large guild I don't see this happening.

Second: As for new players they exist but can't join these new factions because these new "merged" factions will be elitist based to an extent in which most of the players HAVE to be able to do the dungeons or contribute in some manner and can not do so. This makes yet another gap in the player base and screws over a lot of new players and people who can't do these instances. So yet again the small yet active guilds will still be screwed over even if they have active people.

Third: There are quite a few people who work on base helm and don't have it yet due to coin constraints among other things because they have to invest so much coin in EVERYTHING across the board to even get anywhere and with how they have repeatedly removed ways to make coin to supposedly combat the bots/and coin influx problems and economy having high prices etc. That won't change by taking coin out in the long term those items will always be high priced due to demand. Only less coin to get them and its harder an harder to get them so items like base helm are put on back burner by quite a few. Myself included I wanted one but couldn't afford it with current rates and still keep my in-game play alive.

Fourth: About said 400Mil years ago you forget that its tons of 10Mil's to upgrade each obelisk. Among other things and guilds DO upgrade and downgrade them for various needs. Esp the bigger ones who have different needs from their members. Add on that people regularly use their base for arrows,apoth, tomes for newer members, weps and more for the lower levels. The base was a big thing which isn't to be taken lightly. Also it wasn't like it was just a few small factions that get the shaft. A LOT of factions got it because they can't get enough each week early in the week to make use of it throughout the week to do base stuff with it resetting at the new week.

Fifth: As for the "pet skills" PWI gave us those back already at Mrs Zoologist she gives out the pet skills cheaper even if base is slightly better so that's a no basis there. Arrows are needed but can't be gotten by most from faction base now because like I said of how the update is it forces most people into a situation they can't do so they get left out yet again so your logic is still flawed.
    Sixth: As mentioned before some people get the G17 Bow as a bow till they can go R9 if at all and those take ONLY G17 base arrows and those bows are pretty useless in DUP and JDH and JFSP in the first stage bow but that is what a lot will hav and even at that its with YET AGAIN G16/S3 Nirvana Gear which people wont take to those instances.

Finally: The only thing I agree with is the wait to iron out potential bugs with the new wonderland.

As it stands most people can't do the dungeons needed for this even by merging multiple guilds. Which will **** over the newer players who go to smaller guilds to start with anyway cause where else are they going to go? A "BIG GUILD" yea right that isn't gonna happen. New players are not able to go there so **** over the small guilds is again pointless. Which will cause new players to quit and then there goes the new player base via a repetitive new cycle that is created by this system.
    340e1f28-2806-453d-8005-5420e7eb9a6b.jpg
    Check my older posts by profile I am far older than 2010 I was from beta just got on forums in 2008 otc for the first time.
  • thesquee1
    thesquee1 Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Let's just get this out there...

If your faction is not strong enough to have a faction base then what would you be doing with anythinig inside the base? Most things are locked behind trials now and you have to be able to clear those, too. More importantly, what were you doing with the base before this update? Letting people get free Pan Gu's? Outdated and irrelevant with NF Daily. Base helm? r8r helm is cheaper and TNF helm (at least on tideswell) actually has a decent chance for you to buy for LESS THAN THE BASE HELM before this update. Arrows? Well, I'll give you that one, archers suffer there. Trials for r8r? Hah, right, like you need that anymore.

Yes, you paid money to get your base, but you also got what you paid for. In the end there is nothing you were doing with that old out-dated dusty base that wasn't already available somewhere else and if you can't open the base now it just means you don't have the strength/activity to handle anything that's inside it anyway.

You think you're all entitled to some free **** now just because you paid for something that came out SEVEN YEARS AGO that didn't even promise you anything other than a new set of tedious dailies and some pots that were good at the time but are now dated with a helmet that now has more affordable alternatives that can be obtained without a base. That's why they changed it, the faction base meant nothing and that was not good. Yes, you can be upset that you lost your money when the base went away, but you should also be excited that now at least the base has a purpose.

And just an FYI if you can unlock the base and do trials, the base helm is cheaper now, nearly half the cost if you get the mats for it.

The tl;dr is your base was useless and outdated so they made something new that was actually useful and the power it takes to get into was scaled up with the power it provides while not providing anything that shatters the games balance any further. Deal with it, you aren't entitled to anything, and welcome to the new age, and accept that PWI didn't steal **** from you, you're just crying because you think you deserve something you already got.
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    thesquee1 wrote: »

If your faction is not strong enough to have a faction base then what would you be doing with anythinig inside the base? Most things are locked behind trials now and you have to be able to clear those, too. More importantly, what were you doing with the base before this update? Letting people get free Pan Gu's? Outdated and irrelevant with NF Daily. Base helm? r8r helm is cheaper and TNF helm (at least on tideswell) actually has a decent chance for you to buy for LESS THAN THE BASE HELM before this update. Arrows? Well, I'll give you that one, archers suffer there. Trials for r8r? Hah, right, like you need that anymore.

Yes, you paid money to get your base, but you also got what you paid for. In the end there is nothing you were doing with that old out-dated dusty base that wasn't already available somewhere else and if you can't open the base now it just means you don't have the strength/activity to handle anything that's inside it anyway.

You think you're all entitled to some free **** now just because you paid for something that came out SEVEN YEARS AGO that didn't even promise you anything other than a new set of tedious dailies and some pots that were good at the time but are now dated with a helmet that now has more affordable alternatives that can be obtained without a base. That's why they changed it, the faction base meant nothing and that was not good. Yes, you can be upset that you lost your money when the base went away, but you should also be excited that now at least the base has a purpose.

And just an FYI if you can unlock the base and do trials, the base helm is cheaper now, nearly half the cost if you get the mats for it.

The tl;dr is your base was useless and outdated so they made something new that was actually useful and the power it takes to get into was scaled up with the power it provides while not providing anything that shatters the games balance any further. Deal with it, you aren't entitled to anything, and welcome to the new age, and accept that PWI didn't steal **** from you, you're just crying because you think you deserve something you already got.

I think in many countries there should be a test for breeding and certain people should not be allowed to procreate that being said i think if someone cough took the time to read these post like i took the time to read this one you would know what it is we do with the bases we purchased uhmmmmm

oh tho this is not real life and there was some real money spent I only pray that one day you get locked out of your home with no way in or your keys locked in your car while its raining out in the middle of nowhere 100 miles from anywhere and while your shuttering from the cold water i hope your remember your post.

Lets just give that time to settle in and stew in that head.

Clearly never hug or loved and alone and bitter or just sick even i have some compassion who hurt you bro ill give u hug in real life bro jesus u need one damn.
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    The other thing i notice on some posts the word hand out has been used lol

Lmao these faction bases cost money and some of it real money there is no hand out this is equivalent to you coming home from vacation and me running a meth lab while you were gone and the city now claiming your home as hazardous unfit to live in and not only do i not do time but the city sends you a bill for the toxic home that you can even go into.

So no Faction Bases aren't a hand out
  • jacobsrevenge
    jacobsrevenge Posts: 61 Arc User
    Options

are u smoking pot while writing these? the community is crying bcuz they love the game. and the player base is dying even more and more. you dont even care for the future big casher here.. are u out of your mind or drunk? seriously? :/
  • vertgod
    vertgod Posts: 24 Arc User
    Options
    Deal with it, you aren't entitled to anything, and welcome to the new age, and accept that PWI didn't steal **** from you, you're just crying because you think you deserve something you already got.

You're correct, the terms of service clearly state that you're basically entitled to nothing in game. But let's say you sign a 2 year lease agreement for an apartment, 1 year into that agreement the landlord locks you out of your place because they upgraded the building with central heating and a/c and unless you agree to the new terms and policies you wont be allowed into your place again. Technically it's not stealing but I bet you'd still feel robbed.

I don't disagree that the faction bases direly needed an upgrade. It's been a long time coming. But being locked out and having requirements to enter something that people spent time, money and effort into building wasn't the way to go about it. And maybe some of you have been playing so long that you don't remember how much it took to not only acquire but to level the faction base (and maybe some of you don't even know all that went into it) but to completely write it off is a slap in the face really especially when newly created bases don't have such restrictions.

The only real issue I have with the upgrade is that you have to have loyalty points just to enter the base when they should work the same as merit points did previously. But okay, fine, it's the new system and it's probably not going to change. That being the case atleast, as previously mentioned, lower level dungeons should be added to the list.

Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • thesquee1
    edited February 2018
    Options
    laiwaisan wrote: »

I think in many countries there should be a test for breeding and certain people should not be allowed to procreate that being said i think if someone cough took the time to read these post like i took the time to read this one you would know what it is we do with the bases we purchased uhmmmmm

oh tho this is not real life and there was some real money spent I only pray that one day you get locked out of your home with no way in or your keys locked in your car while its raining out in the middle of nowhere 100 miles from anywhere and while your shuttering from the cold water i hope your remember your post.

Lets just give that time to settle in and stew in that head.

Clearly never hug or loved and alone and bitter or just sick even i have some compassion who hurt you bro ill give u hug in real life bro jesus u need one damn.

I'll take you seriously when you can give me an argument that isn't a childish attempt at an insult and something you would have spent 5 seconds thinking about. You didn't have anything to say about my points.

You really feel that way getting locked out of a base you were doing nothing with? GO outside, take a walk, go to the park and pet a strangers puppy on a beautiful summer day. You might find it relaxing.

are u smoking pot while writing these? the community is crying bcuz they love the game. and the player base is dying even more and more. you dont even care for the future big casher here.. are u out of your mind or drunk? seriously? :/

And you, too.

If you can't argue with any sense of logic or analyzing the opposing sides view, you shouldn't be arguing.
  • thesquee1
    Options
    vertgod wrote: »
    Deal with it, you aren't entitled to anything, and welcome to the new age, and accept that PWI didn't steal **** from you, you're just crying because you think you deserve something you already got.

You're correct, the terms of service clearly state that you're basically entitled to nothing in game. But let's say you sign a 2 year lease agreement for an apartment, 1 year into that agreement the landlord locks you out of your place because they upgraded the building with central heating and a/c and unless you agree to the new terms and policies you wont be allowed into your place again. Technically it's not stealing but I bet you'd still feel robbed.

I don't disagree that the faction bases direly needed an upgrade. It's been a long time coming. But being locked out and having requirements to enter something that people spent time, money and effort into building wasn't the way to go about it. And maybe some of you have been playing so long that you don't remember how much it took to not only acquire but to level the faction base (and maybe some of you don't even know all that went into it) but to completely write it off is a slap in the face really especially when newly created bases don't have such restrictions.

The only real issue I have with the upgrade is that you have to have loyalty points just to enter the base when they should work the same as merit points did previously. But okay, fine, it's the new system and it's probably not going to change. That being the case atleast, as previously mentioned, lower level dungeons should be added to the list.

Why are so many people relating a faction base to a physical house? When it was snowing in arch did you feel snow landing on you as you sat in your chair? Doubt it. It was an outdated slop of leftover and outdated ideas that only had one relevant factor, the helmet, which is now not required for endgame gear, and even then we're talking edgame because you ain't getting that helmet without r9 already.

I would agree the restrictions are a bit harshly implimented, perhaps more points for DHJ but still get points from DHD and DH, same with UP, but people are acting like they lost something that was part of their identity.

When bases came out I was just a wee little psychic main (didn't even reroll my BM yet) and I charged actual money to help my leader afford a base because he couldn't and we struggled in attendance. My faction currently has yet to unlock the base as well, but that's fine. I'm in a faction currently that is TW capable but not exactly an OP faction. we're 4th with our best attendance that we'll never realistically achieve. I am ok with having a more relevant base at the cost of less time in it, because at least I wull actually use this one.

Real talk though if you really feel like your faction base is the same as your apartment, we have homesteads now and you should also consider a walk on the beach. Where I live there's this nice break wall (as in breaking the tide from the lake) that you can walk along, some parts are eroded and make for fun climbing. The water makes the air smell fresh and the plant life along the shore is goregeous since it goes by a massive park, flowers everywhere and people smiling from their fishing boats. I highly recommend it.
  • vertgod
    vertgod Posts: 24 Arc User
    Options
    Why are so many people relating a faction base to a physical house? When it was snowing in arch did you feel snow landing on you as you sat in your chair? Doubt it. It was an outdated slop of leftover and outdated ideas that only had one relevant factor, the helmet, which is now not required for endgame gear, and even then we're talking edgame because you ain't getting that helmet without r9 already.

I would agree the restrictions are a bit harshly implimented, perhaps more points for DHJ but still get points from DHD and DH, same with UP, but people are acting like they lost something that was part of their identity.

When bases came out I was just a wee little psychic main (didn't even reroll my BM yet) and I charged actual money to help my leader afford a base because he couldn't and we struggled in attendance. My faction currently has yet to unlock the base as well, but that's fine. I'm in a faction currently that is TW capable but not exactly an OP faction. we're 4th with our best attendance that we'll never realistically achieve. I am ok with having a more relevant base at the cost of less time in it, because at least I wull actually use this one.

Real talk though if you really feel like your faction base is the same as your apartment, we have homesteads now and you should also consider a walk on the beach. Where I live there's this nice break wall (as in breaking the tide from the lake) that you can walk along, some parts are eroded and make for fun climbing. The water makes the air smell fresh and the plant life along the shore is goregeous since it goes by a massive park, flowers everywhere and people smiling from their fishing boats. I highly recommend it.

I think you're misunderstanding the point of a metaphor, they're not meant to be literal. You also seem to be missing the point entirely as you keep mentioning that the old bases were outdated, which I haven't seen anyone disputing. People are having issues with the requirements to ENTER the base, not with the upgrades TO the base. Which you yourself just said you agree are harsh.

As to the beach, I prefer the mountains. Though I am glad to hear you get outside occasionally.
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • laiwaisan
    edited February 2018
    Options
    vertgod wrote: »

LOL must be this guy lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBdnyrzq96s

I think we're getting off track here i made this poll mainly to let PWI know they F **** up by alienating & annihilating THE MAJORITY of debit card holders that create a player base community and not the few minor sociopaths that have no sympathy and would want to watch PWI burn to the ground because either They never were loved or loved anything in there life.

This poll is mainly about people that charge spend create build and forge a community to let PWI and its Employees know hey were not the enemy here Please fix the Game.

Everyone has a right to an opinion even you do,as much as i respect it I think I speak for the majority of us here it has 0.00 value in this poll like you thinking we have zero value to pwi and its community by us spending and creating bonds with people and strengthen an online community that's helpful.

I could go on and on about the list of things a faction base does for new comers like the 1 hour buffs items from what you call an outdated base and if you even had taken the time to even read some of these shrugs shoulders yeah bottom line is PWI u scre up Fix it
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    Options
    Things are not sounding so good all. Talk of people leaving etc. Therefore....
    RIP...Perfect World International. Thank You for all the close friends, memories and fun I have experienced since you opened. You gave me a place to go that helped take my mind off real life problems. A fantasy world full of beautiful, colorful graphics, landscapes, sunsets and I could fly! I will truely miss my character, shes like my child in a way. Many players if they really love to play, get attached to their toon. I will truely miss meeting up with my group of friends at reset to do our nightly BH's, talking, laughing, sharing ideas, family talk and just having fun. Of course always ending the night with, "Night all, see you later at next reset. Huggs. P.S. People, places and things come and go in your life. I hope it is not time for PWI.
  • meglepke
    meglepke Posts: 19 Arc User
    Options
    An example for the people who can't understand what is the base problem: imagine if you loose your emperor with an expansion what you paid for many years ago. You can get it again but have to complete instances with 8 members the same class as you, and only 4-5 classes can tank the bosses inside but you are not one of them. Play the game and accept the changes!
  • mimiskysa#4762
    mimiskysa#4762 Posts: 35 Arc User
    Options
    I had just opened my base about a week-2 weeks ago but i'm not entitled to be mad about that? If they had said something in the spotlights saying how the bases would have been restricted I would have waited until after the update since new bases aren't restricted.