New expansion...that's it?

I mean, as people know, I don't really care about cosmetics and such and basically, the only thing you can get from the Wonderland are A and S-Packs? Really? Damn, I'm so glad. Saves me loads of time. Another update I do not have to participate in because its an utter waste of time.

This might come off as rude and I am indeed a bit disappointed about the lack of farmable Astrospira level2 and 3 which I hoped would be available in the Wonderland but welp, it saves me loads of time. Thanks, I guess.

I might be a minority of hardcore progress players but basically everything that doesnt make my chars stronger is completely pointless to me xD what a surprise :D

Comments

• nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Was expecting at least some sort of blood change at least... But, nope we need more fash and honestly garbage xD
  • kyoske
    kyoske Posts: 163 Arc User
    I had to go back through the post to really look at the rewards again. All this hype over a new expansion and this is it.The mount dont even look badass enough for me to want it.I guess ill do it for avatar cards. I really was expecting something massive with all that's been going on forums as of late. Seems most of the nowadays forum post are related to f2p/pve content and the state of the game. I think players over all are becoming fed up of the current situation and its showing in game and on forums, anyway players near and far pwi has come to the rescue, go ride their brand new roller coaster in wonderland
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Well, we're also getting the new trials, but we'll have to see if the rewards are worth the time needed to clear them. I'm surprised we haven't had a news post over them yet, but they might be saving the information for later news posts so that we have something to read while waiting for the launch. With that said, new fashion is always good content. mouse-29.gif​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Im sure their is a little more to this expansion.

Yer I think this was a big thing and their is more pressure in the Theme Park.

kinda look forward to the Mini games my self...​​
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    I mean, as people know, I don't really care about cosmetics and such and basically, the only thing you can get from the Wonderland are A and S-Packs? Really?
    No, you can get a bunch of stuff that you apparently don't care about. So no, that's not it. Just because you don't care about them doesn't mean they're not content, bud.
  • erokes
    erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    My goal is for the fashion hence a temporary return plus I'm certain the area will look way nicer than on those screen shots. I'm not too focused on anything but the fashion and the fact it can be earned than bought is pretty nice. If I get card packs on the way well ok bonus....but that Astrid fashion..
    1zcj1jr.jpg

Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

A Horrified Fashionsta

~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    This is what addiction looks like.
  • implode
    implode Posts: 82 Arc User
    teabagg wrote: »
    mobs that hit like children...why the gear,why the cards,why the charts,why the meridian...THERE IS NOTHING HERE THAT REQUIRES THIS JUNK!
    Oh, so you can solo DUP then...
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    implode wrote: »
    teabagg wrote: »
    mobs that hit like children...why the gear,why the cards,why the charts,why the meridian...THERE IS NOTHING HERE THAT REQUIRES THIS JUNK!
    Oh, so you can solo DUP then...

Not that your response made any sense, but we all know you need 10 people to get past reflection.

• mmammammm
    mmammammm Posts: 5 Arc User
    I mean, as people know, I don't really care about cosmetics and such and basically, the only thing you can get from the Wonderland are A and S-Packs? Really? Damn, I'm so glad. Saves me loads of time. Another update I do not have to participate in because its an utter waste of time.

This might come off as rude and I am indeed a bit disappointed about the lack of farmable Astrospira level2 and 3 which I hoped would be available in the Wonderland but welp, it saves me loads of time. Thanks, I guess.

I might be a minority of hardcore progress players but basically everything that doesnt make my chars stronger is completely pointless to me xD what a surprise :D

The latest expansion also contains new skills (you'll probably forget the "op sin problem" because of barbs and seekers) and renewed faction base with new quests. These quests allow farming r8r2 resources (although I don't know, why anyone in pwi version of game would ever need them) and S-card sets. Just to mention, Wonderland is temporary event, so it might be unavailable some time later (something like museum event).

• valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Its PWI, what were we expecting?

They do not listen to the player base so the game doesn't improve, as it hasn't done for years now. Everything is based on making a bigger divide between end games and the rest. Treat the big cash players but ignore the rest.
    I'll give it a 2 weeks maximum till everyone gets bored of this stupid theme park it and it becomes the Chernobyl of PWI with no one there..
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    valdisman wrote: »
    Its PWI, what were we expecting?

They do not listen to the player base so the game doesn't improve, as it hasn't done for years now. Everything is based on making a bigger divide between end games and the rest. Treat the big cash players but ignore the rest.
    I'll give it a 2 weeks maximum till everyone gets bored of this stupid theme park it and it becomes the Chernobyl of PWI with no one there..

At least they could make it a ghost Park then. With some OP mobs. May be a ghost boss you can't kill cuz it's dead...
  • yayoblow#4632
    yayoblow#4632 Posts: 66 Arc User
    This next expansion is all that we need.
  • limit1#4879
    limit1#4879 Posts: 75 Arc User
    yeah.. not even 2 weeks @valdisman this thing will become a chore.... most definitely. as a forsaken world refugee myself... the carnival inside the game was fun.... then you realize it doesn't actually help you in the long run but just one big time waster. ahem..... how many dh runs need to get lvl 10 glyphs? hahaha
  • zombiemaster123
    zombiemaster123 Posts: 109 Arc User
    yeah.. not even 2 weeks @valdisman this thing will become a chore.... most definitely. as a forsaken world refugee myself... the carnival inside the game was fun.... then you realize it doesn't actually help you in the long run but just one big time waster. ahem..... how many dh runs need to get lvl 10 glyphs? hahaha

The Theme Park is already dead. Some people might try it for the lulz and thats it. Nothing even remotely worthwhile in there. Already a complete waste of time.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    welcome to converting a community of pve, to pvp.. now deal with the consequences, as you see,the game is sputtering. Pvp community, yeah you can have a few good people, most just care about, yeah you know...
  • zombiemaster123
    zombiemaster123 Posts: 109 Arc User
    wettstyle wrote: »
    welcome to converting a community of pve, to pvp.. now deal with the consequences, as you see,the game is sputtering. Pvp community, yeah you can have a few good people, most just care about, yeah you know...

PvE and gear progression is still good...the issue is that the theme park does nothing for Gear progression at all and is thus completely useless. Other parts of the update are decent..like skills, Faction Trials and so on, just not the theme park.

Games need to give player and Incentive to actually run their content...just as most older farming instances like Nirvana...this theme part has none at all. It's a waste of time.
  • maksim1995
    maksim1995 Posts: 123 Arc User
    wettstyle wrote: »

PvE and gear progression is still good...the issue is that the theme park does nothing for Gear progression at all and is thus completely useless. Other parts of the update are decent..like skills, Faction Trials and so on, just not the theme park.

Games need to give player and Incentive to actually run their content...just as most older farming instances like Nirvana...this theme part has none at all. It's a waste of time.

It's not really a waste of time since you can farm S Packs there.

• goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    Entertainment is thy name.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Full list of changes here Patch Notes

The Themepark is meant to be something fun for a wide variety of users :)
    We'll be running some events alongside the theme park opening, so I hope you will participate!

War Avatar Crafting, Faction overhaul/features added, Faction Base Trials making a return - there's alot more here than just Adventure Kingdom (which is only open during certain occasions anyways).
  • tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    I saw we have to wait another 2 weeks before we can enter and have a look. Now that you mention its not a permanent thing to be opend that makes more sense now.
  • valdisman
    Thanks for another nuke on the PvE side of game.

Removing Perfect Stone farming from OHT.. @kalystconquerer#0876 Might aswell just remove all mob drops and PvE basis to this game. I guess with Surtr going is a pretty big sign about where the game is headed..
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • gravewulf
    gravewulf Posts: 36 Arc User
    ...With that said, new fashion is always good content. mouse-29.gif​​

Except the guy stuff is disappointing....again. :(

• fededomino
    fededomino Posts: 243 Arc User
    where do we get free genie food , when china stop to let us make free genie food in OHT , i do know an NPC sell , but why do we need to buy everything , Really !! :/ so Tears of Heavens is useless ??
    any solution is welcome
    thanks
  • valdisman
    gravewulf wrote: »
    Except the guy stuff is disappointing....again. :(

Unfortunately the mounts are terrible too. Just a slight rework of existing ones. The whale mount looks 6/10 but then you need to pay to win the other 4 in other to get it.

The trials is the only good thing about this expansion. I just hope they don't break again and stay broken for another couple years.

That being said, might spend my note stack and start re-daily play a barb. That massive 90s immunity from all negative status effects at lvl 10.

#kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
  • jamesmcd
    jamesmcd Posts: 89 Arc User
    valdisman wrote: »
    Thanks for another nuke on the PvE side of game.

Removing Perfect Stone farming from OHT.. @kalystconquerer#0876 Might aswell just remove all mob drops and PvE basis to this game. I guess with Surtr going is a pretty big sign about where the game is headed..

Has not been worth the time to pick up any drops outside the primal dungeons, or to a lesser extent, endless universe, for years, DH drops are still worthwhile (until the designers decide to bind all the glyphs).

On the rare times I did delta, the tears were a nice bonus where I could get some perfect stones, alas no more.

After a quick look through the cabbage patch notes, I found almost nothing that is to my advantage, even the extra 2 skills are in effect just spirit and money sinks. The swords to plowshares daily is now worthless since squire badges can no longer be exchanged for lvl 1 glyphs.

Remind me where to get fairy boxes. I have not seen one drop in the last year, so why is the transmutation master now using them as an input?

Increasing the number of Feral Soul Stars is probably worthless as well, I have evolved all the veno pets I want to, and have all pets at at least lvl 100, I cant afford to get the 2nd 8 (or 10) pet cages so what I have is all I will ever get, consequently I have not needed any Feral Soul Stars for 6 months.

New mounts are similarly useless to me, I have all my pet cages filled, and possibly 50 pet eggs dispersed around my various alts. Can't afford more cages, same as for veno alt.

Sources of Mirage Celestones are being removed, not really affecting me until they are removed from the BH rewards, just makes it more difficult to gather the 12 needed to open Warsong if I sell all of my stock for quick teleport money.

Enough. Summarizing. Again Free to Play players are more disadvantaged, yet another in-game revenue stream has been removed. Maybe I will have to farm materials for ultimate substances in order to complete my rank 9. At over 50k each on Etherblade it is looking more attractive with each update.
  • fluffyfur#1281
    fluffyfur#1281 Posts: 1 Arc User

mimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimi
  • updownleftrighty
    updownleftrighty Posts: 42 Arc User
    s cards dont make you stronger? there are a few np players that may disagree........
  • tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    Is that truely a content update ? i already logged out because im bored. There is nothing to do thats the worst content patch in pwi history. i dont even feel like doing dailys or touching pwi thats how dissapointed iam