I came to visit yesterday

I started to play this shortly after it came out and I used to post a lot on this forum a lot for years.

I came to visit and see the game and I would like to share some thoughts with you.

1)the world. It seems very lonely.....back in my days, it was common to see a message of people looking for help for FB, BH, etc. It was common to see people questing/grinding in the world. The world is not vibrant or alive anymore.

2) server. I noticed servers have been merged. typically not a good sign.

3) the forum seems very different, no server sections or classes sections?

4) I noticed the game now seems to be more targeted to the end game rather than the journey to the end game.

I felt a bit nostalgic how something I used to find very fun; people dont seem to like it anymore.

I was very addicted to this game. I used to play for many hours per day.

I left because character progression and adventure was ridiculously slow at level 98.

If the game has kept the same progression as you were in level 40/50's. I think many people would have stayed in the game.

Just my thoughts.

Comments

• phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    For #3, they are sub-sections inside the Archosaur City forum. Server Symposium, and Class Discussion​​
  • coinsrus
    coinsrus Posts: 131 Arc User
    I started to play this shortly after it came out and I used to post a lot on this forum a lot for years.

I came to visit and see the game and I would like to share some thoughts with you.

1)the world. It seems very lonely.....back in my days, it was common to see a message of people looking for help for FB, BH, etc. It was common to see people questing/grinding in the world. The world is not vibrant or alive anymore.

4) I noticed the game now seems to be more targeted to the end game rather than the journey to the end game.

I felt a bit nostalgic how something I used to find very fun; people dont seem to like it anymore.

I left because character progression and adventure was ridiculously slow at level 98.

If the game has kept the same progression as you were in level 40/50's. I think many people would have stayed in the game.

Just my thoughts.

Well, for points 1-4

Yeah the game is more targetted to the end game, after 9(?) years most people are end-game, and those who arent can get to end-game instances in a matter of a few days/weeks (depending how much you play).

Expecting a lot of people wanting to squad for FB and BH is a bit out of reality with the so short amount of time it takes to get to 100 and just be over with these.
  • guacanagarix
    guacanagarix Posts: 38 Arc User
    coinsrus wrote: »

Just my thoughts.

Well, for points 1-4

Yeah the game is more targetted to the end game, after 9(?) years most people are end-game, and those who arent can get to end-game instances in a matter of a few days/weeks (depending how much you play).

Expecting a lot of people wanting to squad for FB and BH is a bit out of reality with the so short amount of time it takes to get to 100 and just be over with these.

did these changes also happened in China too?

is the game still popular there?
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User

As far as I understand this game is still very popular in China. Also a lot of the changes that they do to our version are more aligned with China's version. Big differences are that our server are pve while chinese servers are pvp, also I guess that the mentality of a part of Chinese playerbase is different: on China a lot of players are really the grindy type (they play pretty much all day and are able to farm stuff) while our playerbase is more pay to win or pay to skip content at least.

Our version is very P2W, however if you play more for the pve than the pvp, you should be fine. There is less pve people than before and of course way less f2p players, but you can still find some factions that are more pve and friendly. Also once you hit level 100 and if you have proper cultivation (i think it was 89 culti) you can reawaken and gain more stats, when you reawaken you go back to level 1 with a few extra stats (the more your original level, the more stats youll get) but even if you go back to level 1 you get more exp while doing quests and killing monsters so is really easy to go back to 100.

On the PVP side however... If you play only for pvp (PK, TW, NW, Cross TW, Cross NW, Coloseum) I have to warn you that the game has become really money hungry, sure some people will argue that is still possible to get to end game from zero, but if you are not already well geared, you will need thousands of dollars or billions of coins just to not be a one shot in your average pk or pvp event.

• greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    rieihdius wrote: »
    Our version is very P2W, however if you play more for the pve than the pvp, you should be fine.
    This is the truest statement anyone can make about PWI. I see a lot of people who stress out about buying Rank 9, but half of them aren't even seriously going for PVP... it's always "I want to help people" etc. Biggest waste of time and money in the game.

Fact is, gear is less important than it used to be, and that's a good thing. Ever since... I'd say whatever expansion gave us the Meridian system... the devs have been loading us down with micro-buffs to the point where you can do most PVE content (especially the classic stuff) with any gear as long as you put in the time to obtain said micro-buffs. A hundred HP there, a couple dozen attack there... it adds up. Aside from Meridians... Glyphs, Star Charts, Titles, Spirit in general, and especially War Avatars also fall into this category (seriously, it's like equipping a whole second gear set). This leaves a lot more room to experiment than most people care to bother with, but as long as your goal is "I can do the content" rather than "I can win consistently in PVP," there's multiple ways to that goal.

None of this is to say that R9 doesn't give a marked advantage in PVE power as well (at least, when refined to the degree that most R9 people do), but then, the definition of "overkill" was one of the many casualties from the old days.

My point to the OP is... it's not going to be the game you remember, and your acceptance of that is key to your enjoyment of it going forward. But subjectively, I would say there is still content worth playing. You just have to find a goal that's worth your time.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • guacanagarix
    rieihdius wrote: »

As far as I understand this game is still very popular in China. Also a lot of the changes that they do to our version are more aligned with China's version. Big differences are that our server are pve while chinese servers are pvp, also I guess that the mentality of a part of Chinese playerbase is different: on China a lot of players are really the grindy type (they play pretty much all day and are able to farm stuff) while our playerbase is more pay to win or pay to skip content at least.

Our version is very P2W, however if you play more for the pve than the pvp, you should be fine. There is less pve people than before and of course way less f2p players, but you can still find some factions that are more pve and friendly. Also once you hit level 100 and if you have proper cultivation (i think it was 89 culti) you can reawaken and gain more stats, when you reawaken you go back to level 1 with a few extra stats (the more your original level, the more stats youll get) but even if you go back to level 1 you get more exp while doing quests and killing monsters so is really easy to go back to 100.

On the PVP side however... If you play only for pvp (PK, TW, NW, Cross TW, Cross NW, Coloseum) I have to warn you that the game has become really money hungry, sure some people will argue that is still possible to get to end game from zero, but if you are not already well geared, you will need thousands of dollars or billions of coins just to not be a one shot in your average pk or pvp event.

I'm level 98. then at level 100 I'm sent back to level 1 to start over again but with more stats? interesting.
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    lol lmao will it isnt hard to level up anymore and fc ff is back to so you can even power lv but i dont see any point as now you can lv up hell fast with those red quests lol and if you have a ancient gift with 12x hypers on damn so yeah.

My faction actualy does the baby quests not just the cultivations i personaly done but lots members like doing them ehhh only isssue in this game is the repair bill it slows you down
  • tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    Leveling up after rebirth is really quick the first RB gives you 4x times the expirience and this also counts for quest exp rewards !

Being reborn enables you to enter the primal world were new skills and passives are waiting, some of them are a gamechanger for your class. You also aquire a new stat called spirit that gives you 0.4 atk and def levels each 10 points in pve. On maxed sky levels with max level non RB A cards your spirit should be around 1500 - 1600 wich is a massive boost in pve.

Than you have the homestead with i believe RB 1 and 35k reputation (wich is farmable up to 200k in d-fsp) were you get even more skill upgrades and your class ultimate.

Doing the access quest to neverfall will unlock a new continent and 2 new cultivation steps that unify the deamon and sage effects of some skills and unlock the glyph feature. There are 5 colored glyhes you can add to that unified deamon/Sage skills that add different effects to the skill or in some cases change it completly. For some classes this is also a game changer.

You also get the meridian system were you unlock a few more stats, you get a item called star chart that roll random stats on it up to 10 stats , you get glyphs mentioned above that can be leveld aswell because glyphs work as additional equipment slots and leveling them up add more stats to your charakter.

Maybe pwi gets boring at some point but if you grinding trough that stuff for the first time it isn't :)
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    i think pwi did a overkill to lv players up to get them to neverfall unfortunately no ones gear is op enough if your 6 16 full shard and refine you can take some neverfall and solo but there is a dead point where you basically have to seek out either a gold digger or a karmah bember with full r9 max out to help you lol that stupid cave i i just heard shuddering in the back ground lol you all know which cave lol
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    I started playing around 2009, so I remember the days where, if you died in a BH, you'd curse the people who didn't have max level Cleric res.

FC has returned with the last content update, so you can level rather quickly pre 100's and in the Rebirth Levels. For 101-105, Phoenix Valley now has an additional last room you can open that has a Golden Toad you can kill for a lot of EXP. From there, its just mixing and matching EXP buffs (EXP gears, Ancient Gift etc) to get more EXP.

Server merges can happen for a multitude of reasons. I was a player when the merges happened, so (last I heard) it was to facilitate Nation Wars.

Players come and go, and more players are hanging out in other places. New players are consolidated into one starting area- the racial towns don't have the same scene of new players it used to.

The forums were reorganized a little while back - Server specific forums can be found HERE
  • guacanagarix
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    lol lmao will it isnt hard to level up anymore and fc ff is back to so you can even power lv but i dont see any point as now you can lv up hell fast with those red quests lol and if you have a ancient gift with 12x hypers on damn so yeah.

My faction actualy does the baby quests not just the cultivations i personaly done but lots members like doing them ehhh only isssue in this game is the repair bill it slows you down

where do you find the red quests?