My comment vanished

princessjulie
princessjulie Posts: 54 Arc User
I was trying to comment on a thread, I had my comment posted, and was correcting spelling errors I noticed, but after clicking save comment, my comment had vanished, this happened to my once before recently, so I retyped it, then it showed back up a few days later before my retype (which is driving me crazy because I hate double posting.) . Any idea what is going on? I have never had this happen before.
Tideswell
SereneAurora-100 1RB Sage Venomancer
EirianHikari-102 1RB Sage Cleric
Benjamina-101 Sage Psychic
LadyKitsune 100 Venomancer

Kindness should be like a water balloon, go throw it at someone!!!! :)
Tagged:

Best Answer

• phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓
    Spam filter. If posts have certain content or links, they can get captured by the spam filter. This is especially common when someone with a low post count makes long posts or posts with url's. (especially if there are many url's.)

I see that has happened with yours.
    4757b2d4bbe08d5eda5c1737a8029530.png
    I have now released it.​​

Answers

• shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    its the forum that detects the post as spam or something, I had it happen before for me as well as I sometimes edit my posts 100 times after posting.
    When it shows up again its simply a mod that read it and pulled it up seeing it wasnt some kind of spam.

I dont know if you can do anything about it
  • princessjulie
    princessjulie Posts: 54 Arc User
    Ah, okay thank you! I wasn't sure why that had happened.
    Tideswell
    SereneAurora-100 1RB Sage Venomancer
    EirianHikari-102 1RB Sage Cleric
    Benjamina-101 Sage Psychic
    LadyKitsune 100 Venomancer

Kindness should be like a water balloon, go throw it at someone!!!! :)
  • mynamewasstolen
    mynamewasstolen Posts: 56 Arc User
    this same thing literally just happened to me when i went to edit a smiley out of my post which i did not intend to create.. maybe fix the spam filter if "editing" a post is considered spam by it. we ought to be able to edit our posts without them vanishing like such. there were no links, images, videos etc.. at all in my post. just text related to the topic at hand.
    By the light of the moon, our true forms are revealed.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    @mynamewasstolen

Sorted for You

Thanks.​​