R9 Rough Cost for 2018!

ony180
ony180 Posts: 7 Arc User
Notes:
The costs come from the TT server, so prices of mogs and gsts might differ on your server.
This is not including refines, gems, or engraves.
This guide also rounds off numbers so everything is in m (million) instead of say 5.9m, so the price will be a lot higher :kappa:
This guide is in coin, not gold, so there is no cost estimation of how much gold you'd spend to buy mogs + gsts off boutique.

R9 Ring.
180m for 3 Medal of Glory, 60m each.
416m for 32 General Summer's Tokens, 13m each.
= 596m total.

Upgrade to 2nd Cast R9 Ring.
1080 supply tokens, no cost.
188m for 87 Seal of War, 2m each.
100m manufacturing fee.
288m total.

R9R1 Weapon.
300m for 5 Medal of Glory, 60m each.
1b for 85 General Summer's Tokens, 13m each.
= 1 billion and 300m total

R9R2 Weapon
44m for 4 Summerwind Token, made from 1200 Uncanny Crystal and 300 Rapture Crystal.
(5m for 1200 Uncanny Crystal, 4950 each.
6m for 300 Rapture Crystal, 23000 each.)
= 44m total.

R9R3 Weapon.
1 mold from Warsong City, no cost.
12m for 4 Essence of Offence, 3m each.
60 Basic Badges, no cost.
8m manufacturing fee.
= 20m total.

R9R1 Belt.
180m for 3 Medal of Glory, 60m each.
416m for 32 General Summer's Tokens, 13m each.
= 596m total.

R9R2 Belt.
11m for Summerwind Token, made from 1200 Uncanny Crystal and 300 Rapture Crystal.
= 11m total

R9R3 Belt.
12m for 4 Essence of Defence, 3m each.
30 Basic Badges from Warsong City, no cost.
3m manufacturing fee.
= 15m total.

R9R1 Gloves.
120m for 2 Medal of Glory, 60m each.
182m for 14 General Summer's Tokens, 13m each.
= 302m total.

R9R2 Gloves.
11m for Summerwind Token, made from 1200 Uncanny Crystal and 300 Rapture Crystal.
= 11m total

R9R3 Gloves.
3m manufacturing fee.
= 15m total.

R9R1 Legs.
= 302m total.

R9R2 Legs.
= 11m total

R9R3 Legs.
3m manufacturing fee.
= 15m total.

R9R1 Chest.
= 302m total.

R9R2 Chest.
= 11m total

R9R3 Chest.
3m manufacturing fee.
= 15m total.

R9R1 Boots.
= 302m total.

R9R2 Boots.
= 11m total

R9R3 Boots.
3m manufacturing fee.
= 15m total.

ROUGH COST OF FULL R9 THIRD CAST ARMOUR IN COIN: 4,182,000,000. (4b and 182m)

Stay away from the R9 trap.

Comments

• jacobsrevenge
    jacobsrevenge Posts: 61 Arc User
    meanwhile in Tideswell server 15m-17m per gst (buyer) and 18.5m -21m per gst (seller) / MoG's going for 45m-55m (buyer) and 75m-85m (seller)... yet lots of player having r9 these past few weeks. well played PWI key sales :D
  • ironpwner
    ironpwner Posts: 94 Arc User
    ony180 wrote: »
    ROUGH COST OF FULL R9 THIRD CAST ARMOUR IN COIN: 4,182,000,000. (4b and 182m)

Stay away from the R9 trap.

Yikes! Hehe...looking at that price one could ask: "Is there any point gearing up ?". It's funny how that thread got closed..hmm xD.

You should add the cost of the extra gears, refines, gems, engraves, war avatar cards (at least Morai set) and Glyphs (up to Lvl 6), so we could see how much would it cost to be end game PvP-able (non 1-3 shot).

/inb4closedthread
    War. War never changes. Memento mori
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    The thread was closed as a joint descision as it had gone it's time and on off topic multiple times. Not to mention back n forth.

Their was no other reason.

On a side note that thread was related to sins not r9 costs. This is interesting I wonder where it's heading my self. It should get cheaper.

Thanks.
  • yayoblow#4632
    yayoblow#4632 Posts: 66 Arc User
    so around 10b total not to get one shotted by all the other R9. not bad really. im also interested in the prices of it if u bought most of it though the cash shop
  • ironpwner
    so around 10b total not to get one shotted by all the other R9. not bad really. im also interested in the prices of it if u bought most of it though the cash shop

Being a oneshot target would also depend on which class you play. But I ask you, which shards do you have in mind? 1 JOSD Cost around 250m coins. If you're going Serenities, it means you need 3 JOSD for just one Serenity Stone = 750m. If you're going full Serenities (4 R9 armor Pieces + Helm + Cape), then it means you need 24 Serenity Stones = 750 x 24 = 18 billion coins. That's closer to 20b than it is to 10b, and we're just talking about the shards here xD.

If you're going for JOSD or Creation Stones, expect to still be 2-3shot to certain classes. If you're going for offensive shards, then you still could be a 1shot target.

Getting R9S3 is just one of the first steps into gearing up for endgame PvP. Sharding, refines, engraves, War Avatar Cards, Glyphs and other things are still needed.
    heero200 wrote: »
    The thread was closed as a joint descision as it had gone it's time and on off topic multiple times. Not to mention back n forth.

Their was no other reason.

On a side note that thread was related to sins not r9 costs. This is interesting I wonder where it's heading my self. It should get cheaper.

Thanks.

Well, the thread was about discussing the points of gearing up, based on how a single class rules endgame pvp, and the possibility to nerf that class. I didn't see any derailment, aside from the naming and shaming used on some comments. But oh well. The law is the law.

As the op calculated above, getting R9S3 right now would cost around 4.2b coins. When I bought 2 R9 sets and upgraded them to S3, I did it with a mix of charging gold and merching. It cost me around 6.6b coins to get both. Now it would cost me around 8.4b if I wanted to do that for other 2 characters. I don't see how is it headed to be cheaper anytime (if you were talking about R9 cost when mentioning it should get cheaper, if not then nevermind, my bad), especially for someone trying to get it full free to play way.

• kyoske
    kyoske Posts: 163 Arc User
    @ironpwner i agree with you and since u mention f2p ill add and say as a f2p myself i sometimes want to charge gold, of course with the conversion rate when i spend like $1500 im only getting 10 gold, now i have no issue with this, in fact i have no issue charging that 1.5k either, my issue is that 10 gold wont even put a dent in the cost to r9. I personally think that more people especially f2p players would charge gold if certain goals seemed more attainable. now i can personally say that those folks who only get r9 gear and no shards or base stats are useless. this is my setup and kill alot of them https://mypers.pw/13/#704413
    In my opinion if endgame or catching up was more attainable this game would be flourishing even more. I dont know about anyone else, but im somewhat excited about whats to come, the possibilities of new land etc...
    Overall i think farming for r9 should be like 2x or 3x harder than nv3 really tough, but attainable with very hard work. G17 is in another class by itself.
  • mynamewasstolen
    mynamewasstolen Posts: 56 Arc User
    This is interesting I wonder where it's heading my self. It should get cheaper.

everything is relative. IE farming up 10 mil coins for a GST when you could only make about 1-2 mil from a FSD/J run meant 5-10 days to earn the coins for a 10 mil GST, if that was literally ALL you did in game (though most have several toons to run fsd/j with in order to boost that income). Now we also have UPD and DHD that enable us to bring in more each day. Lets just say that a GST costs 15 mil, and all you did was DHD. Walking out of there with 15 level 1 glyphs, a couple g17 mats, seeds, and animals.. you've got in the vicinity of 8 million coins from that run (half that if not on 2x). So 2-4 days to get one GST.. if that one instance is literally all you did each day.

The price tag looks higher than it did in years past, but the ease of obtaining that coin offsets the higher price tag and makes it easier to obtain.

no.. you don't already need to have r9rr in order to survive/complete DHD or UPD. Thats only what the majority of players either believe to be true.. or just expect for you to have. Full g16 set can do it too.
    By the light of the moon, our true forms are revealed.
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    So they want new players but a new player will have or charge at the very least 2x max charges in order to get rrr9 to become even remotely able to start to PvP. Afterall, the game is dead PvE wise as they made everything so much easier and removing any PvE related challenges from the game.

If you're a new player and want to spend close to 500USD just to start to become competitive (you will still be one shot by most unless you invest 5x more than that on gems, refines, avatar cards etc) there are many other games worth investing that sort of money on and even games without needing to spend.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • heerohex#3018
    I have not seen as much of the R9 Mats coming into the game either via prizes.

Ah tho in a few we will get the payout for XTW and TW rewards which contain R9 Mats... May be that will help.​​
  • heerohex#3018
    if you pump enough in the market becomes over saturated and more competitive to sell.

At least that's what im going with.

most guilds will sell some for coin and some to players of the guild.

Ill be Blunt its not gonna have a massoff effect I dont think, BUT really who knows...​​
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    This is interesting I wonder where it's heading my self. It should get cheaper.

everything is relative. IE farming up 10 mil coins for a GST when you could only make about 1-2 mil from a FSD/J run meant 5-10 days to earn the coins for a 10 mil GST, if that was literally ALL you did in game (though most have several toons to run fsd/j with in order to boost that income). Now we also have UPD and DHD that enable us to bring in more each day. Lets just say that a GST costs 15 mil, and all you did was DHD. Walking out of there with 15 level 1 glyphs, a couple g17 mats, seeds, and animals.. you've got in the vicinity of 8 million coins from that run (half that if not on 2x). So 2-4 days to get one GST.. if that one instance is literally all you did each day.

The price tag looks higher than it did in years past, but the ease of obtaining that coin offsets the higher price tag and makes it easier to obtain.

no.. you don't already need to have r9rr in order to survive/complete DHD or UPD. Thats only what the majority of players either believe to be true.. or just expect for you to have. Full g16 set can do it too.

The question is: are the players that making squads for DHD or UPD gonna take there anyone that is not r9rr? I remember when I was playing this game , on Etherblade server didn´t even bother with you if you did not link a r9rr weapon for a FSD run.
    giphy.gif

• kyoske
    kyoske Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    @mynamewasstolen your post may be true but if players were to use the information you provided about dhd and upd, i think they would be more depressed than before. Now let's be real about UPD and DHD; only certain non r9 classes make it into those squads(TT server perspective). Venos, bms will get lucky, most squads want r9 but will settle for nv3. I dont know how many people will want to create multiple bms just so they can run UP/DH to save enough coins for r9. Now according to your calculation and OPs calculation r9 should be possible in 1year, but r9 alone wont save anyone from being 1shot by a nv3 person. Shards, starchart, meridian, nuema, avatars, refine, cultivation, now glyphs wow so many things.
    Post edited by kyoske on
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Should of kept thing's like starcharts ect.. at a max of like 5pct increase on stats.. giving lil advantages NOT MASSIVE or doubling base stats of set gear and weapon.. giving lil advantages...and keeping the Gap within tolerable means They went nut's for the op"rs lol.
  • werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    https://goo.gl/SQSh5h

This is the google sheets i use to calculate R9 costs which basted on about Dawnglory prices I get around 4,309m

The only key thing to renmber when calcuatign this is the fact that the values are not stagment as they vary during the time of the year and if there are key sales or sochi pack sales runnign at the same time.

Some guilds will also offer a discountered value to their members for GST and MoGs to help gear their players which they obtain from TW. You can also get GSTs from the packs from xTW.

It is getting cheaper, however the value of coin has gone down as there is so much coin entering the server compaired to what leaves. One of the major changes recently is the drop in values for the nw items, this means that more nw mats get npced rather than traded between players, this means there's like 10k tokens being npced for 10k each so 100,000,000 coisn is being dumpted into the server 2x a week and maybe very simular during xNW. Note that theses values are the ones for the maximum added to server, some people will hord them and sell later or use for other items.
  • ironpwner
    wishes08 wrote: »
    https://goo.gl/SQSh5h

This is the google sheets i use to calculate R9 costs which basted on about Dawnglory prices I get around 4,309m

The only key thing to renmber when calcuatign this is the fact that the values are not stagment as they vary during the time of the year and if there are key sales or sochi pack sales runnign at the same time.

Some guilds will also offer a discountered value to their members for GST and MoGs to help gear their players which they obtain from TW. You can also get GSTs from the packs from xTW.

It is getting cheaper, however the value of coin has gone down as there is so much coin entering the server compaired to what leaves. One of the major changes recently is the drop in values for the nw items, this means that more nw mats get npced rather than traded between players, this means there's like 10k tokens being npced for 10k each so 100,000,000 coisn is being dumpted into the server 2x a week and maybe very simular during xNW. Note that theses values are the ones for the maximum added to server, some people will hord them and sell later or use for other items.

When did you calculate those prices? Cause, according to our fellow russian botters' website, Catsinfo, prices for MoG and GST are currently these on all four servers:

GST
    Et: Sell 22m, Buy 15.5m
    Tw: Sell 15m, Buy 13.1m
    Ti: Sell 15m, Buy 15.1m
    Da: Sell 21.9m, Buy 18m

MoG
    Et: Sell 60m, Buy 55.050m
    Tw: Sell 60m, Buy 57.250m
    Ti: Sell 69.999m, Buy 52m
    Da: Sell 80m, Buy 65m

So, people should join a TW/xTW guild if they want R9 at a discount price. Otherwise, those are the prices above. Cannies and Raps ain't the issue, nor are the EoDs and EoOs, but the boutique mats which get expensive with time.

I still don't see how it is getting cheaper. It was cheaper 3 years ago xD.

NW items droped on value cause now we have 2 local NW and 1 xNW. Plus, a lot of players, even endgame ones, take their army of alts to NW. And who makes 10k NW tokens each week for all 3 NWs? The only ones I could think of are the ones who are already endgame, you know, the ones who already have their R9 and other gear full or 97-99% engame already and run over undergearead and half-endgame geared players. Those are also the rich players controlling the market.

Mats from NW forges used to be the coins source of a lot of players, both F2P and mixed F2P-CS, but nowadays it isn't the same. Honestly, R9 takes too long without charging some real cash.
  • aetje
    aetje Posts: 48 Arc User
    These will not get cheaper, the GSTs and MOGs. The playerbase is shrinking, but the coin generating TWs dispense more coin then people know what to do with. Hence gold is bought for more and more. I suspect we'll easily breach 10kk for gold on DA this year. That'll put MOGs in the 100m/gold territory.

And people wonder why there aren't any new players in this game anymore... XD
  • kokoot
    kokoot Posts: 55 Arc User
    4b and you are still one shot. You need at least budget refines. Armor +10 and weapon +12.
    Armor +8 with mirage then 2 +10 orbs thats 50 gold a piece. You have 5 pieces 250 gold. Weapon 50 gold + 85 gold for +11 140 for +12 orb. Total 525 gold *6 m coins a piece = 3,125 B and you are still one shot.
  • kokoot
    kokoot Posts: 55 Arc User
    Budget gems diety or JOSD. Need 16 for 250 m. Another 4 b and still oneshot. For amp 20 starchart its 1000 gold 6m a piece. Another 6b. 10 attribute starchart another few bilions. And if you spend a few aditional bilions for war avatar cards. You can do something and you wont be oneshooted... New players good luck with free to play game
  • werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    When did you calculate those prices? Cause, according to our fellow russian botters' website, Catsinfo, prices for MoG and GST are currently these on all four servers:

GST
    Et: Sell 22m, Buy 15.5m
    Tw: Sell 15m, Buy 13.1m
    Ti: Sell 15m, Buy 15.1m
    Da: Sell 21.9m, Buy 18m

MoG
    Et: Sell 60m, Buy 55.050m
    Tw: Sell 60m, Buy 57.250m
    Ti: Sell 69.999m, Buy 52m
    Da: Sell 80m, Buy 65m

The values I used are based on prices that occur if you wait for the right market drops. GSTs you can get for 15m when gold price in wc is 5m. When got r9 for my veno I bought the gsts for 11.5m and 2 weeks after it was 8~9m per GST.

50m for MoGs again when price is right.