The economy needs to be fixed NOW! It's so easy.

jsxshadow
jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
I find it a bit odd that PWE is well aware of the problems we have in our economy and yet, despite wanting to help fix the issue, they just kept throwing out ridiculous sales and they just keep coming and coming.

An easy way to bring back loads of players and to earn yourselves a golden nose:

Increase the amount of Gold earned per Zen by AT LEAST 5x times. Additionally, increase the prices of all Packs/Chance-Stuff/Luck-Items by 7x times, i. e. instead of 18g per 100x Keys during sale, make it 124g per 100x Keys. More gold will result in a more active Auction House with less focus on Packs which means that ppl will not go crazy about ingame gold anymore, at least not to make a quick profit off of ridiculous chance items.

Making Refinement items and r9 more available helps the economy by a huge margine and will attract loads of new players. If you take a look at the current MMO-competition you can clearly see that PWI is way too expensive on their virtual stuff. I mean you guys literally have 0 creating costs for those items and just a little cost for running the server. CNs management cannot be delusional enough to think that they would earn more money with the current strategy compared to what I am suggesting. PWI is strong in CN and even there stuff is way cheaper than it is here. IF PWCN wants to keep PWI alive as well they should start to seriously rethink their pricing.

S-Cards/Packs and nonsense like that can stay extremely overpriced, no one cares. Everything else should be massively cheaper tho. Ah, fashion can stay expensive too :D

No, I will not feel bad because I payed the regular price for the 8x r9 chars I have and the refine I ha ve already gotten. Being mad about something like that would be childish over 9000.

PS: For people thinking R9 and refine would be too cheap then:

To get full r9, you would still need to pay 200$ roughly. To refine 1 item to +12 you would still need to invest 5$ for a 10* (on sale), 17$ for a 11* and 25$ for a 12*. Doesn't sound much in comparison to the 5x times higher price that we have now, but in comparison to other F2P-MMOs or even newer B2P ones it's still extremely expensive. PWE would still make a nice buck on r9 and refines and the major money will still be made with chart-items, Cards and stuff like that. Full r9, full +12 (just the r9) would still cost you roughly 200$ + 80$ x5 = 600 Bucks. That's already a huge chunk of money.

If I'd start any new F2P game now and drop 600 bucks on it I EXPECT to be insta maxed out lol and on a majority of those games that's exactly how it is. PWI is WAY too expensive. It can be expensive on very endgame items and stuff like that but just refine and r9 gears are so down the meta...holy moly..they could give it away for free now and it wouldn't hurt their income much.
Post edited by jsxshadow on

Comments

• ironpwner
    ironpwner Posts: 94 Arc User
    They should allow players to actually farm their R9 gears via Nation Wars, just like they do in the CN version. I mean, they say they want both version of the make to be the same, why do they keep sending us partial content?

Most of what you sugest would be good to be implemented, especially getting more gold per Zen. I remember when another of their games came out, Forsaken World, the Zen to Eyrda Leaves rate was something around 42 per 1 Zen. I don't know if it's still the same nowadays though.

They need to remove the gold foils from the treasure system, or lower the rates. The last new packs that were on sale as well as the current new pack also have gold foils.

They also need to put something for free to play players to farm some coins. They could leave Jolly Old Jones, but they need to find a way to make it non-abused by bots. Or if removed, they'd still need to put some sort of coins source, but keep it unexploitable. I still don't know why can't they just ban the hundreds of bots farming JOJ along with the ones spamming 'Buy cheap coins' mails. They're clearly the same person xD.

Let's hope they can think of something to make this game more appealing to charge some real cash on it. Free to play players could be potential customers, if they felt more motivated to become mixed F2P-CS like some of us. They need to feel they can compete.

PWCN devs need to think of a way to balance things. Untill then, we're just adrift and very slowly sinking.
    War. War never changes. Memento mori
  • kirstiein
    kirstiein Posts: 38 Arc User
    One way also is to stop people selling and buying gold in WC. Make this a bannable offence. I am so sick of seeing people asking to buy or sell gold for 6mil+ (twilight temple), there is a cap on gold in the AH for a reason. Force people to go back to the AH and that will help bring prices down on everything in game. Currently everything is extremely expensive in game, like tokens for instance are 24-36k each that is insane! That is just one example, I could list many more. Maybe also make a daily quest that lvl 80+ can do that gives like 300-500k a day or maybe a weekly quest that gives 1mil.
    Helping people is my passion in life. If I see someone without a smile I try to give them mine. :)
  • aetje
    aetje Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Posted the simple solution in the past, but here it is again:
    Simply. Sell. Infinite. Gold. At. The. Cap. That's all there is to it. That gets rid of excess coin and hard caps the gold price at 4 mil. Sure, you're gonna take a hit early on with players converting their reserves back to gold, but you'll have to take that hit regardless.

Only thing you need to watch for is players using bots to farm coin at that time, but there's few ways left in the game to effectively do that. Take out the Jolly Jones coin dispenser (leaving coin for the missions but giving nothing for just taking the 7 bounty orders daily) and you'd be pretty much set.

[Edit] And if you think 6 mil is bad, the DA price is 7.5 mil per gold minimum. I've given up on gathering coin for gold - I'll take the slow "farm arc missions" route instead.
  • tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    From a stakeholder vievpoint its a huge risk to cause a irreversible drop in your revenue by experimenting with things that proven profitable over many many years. We talk here about the well being of the game, all people that work on it and the profits it generate for their owners.

Example
    If you get hooked by pwi and really love the game but you are not willing to spend 800 usd , you most likely also not willing to spend 200 usd. So people who wouln't buy stuff for 800 usd are also not buying stuff for 200, but the people who would have spend 800 usd will now only spend 200 usd! But some of the people who paid the 800 had probably also paid 1000 for it.

This screwed logic define todays cash shop based monetisation modell

Nothing is ever easy , you not change a running system and risk your chair for **** it up
  • aetje
    The risk is to lose all revenue by population decline and eventually the game dying off.

For every paying customer there's at least half a dozen players that do not pay, but they provide heavy content for the paying ones - by farming items, or completing parties for PVE runs with classes that aren't generally played much (buffers/debuffers such as BM, Mystic, Seeker), or providing targets in PVP events. If these players do not feel that they can compete anymore, they may move away, leaving just the few cashers behind. It'll be a very empty game when that happens...

The average level of gear needed to be somewhat competative in PVP is... not small these days, and the items you need - especially the +10 and higher dragon orbs - are not farmable. That stuff is locked behind the cashshop paywall. People would grind for it if they could, even if it were slow.
  • jsxshadow
    edited January 2018
    I agree to most suggestions made and want to add another point:

A way to further fix the issues and revive the Auction house would be to make every item from the boutique char-bound. This way, if ppl wanna get coins, they are forced to use the Auction house. This is also a very easy fix. Combine this with an increase of Gold you get per charge-amount and removing foils from Packs/keys...welp, you got your balanced economy at your grasp.

PS: As if to mock us..the next update in CN revamps the Saturday evening Primal World Boss (Sarokkan I believe?). He will drop 30x Ten Million Big Notes and spawn 6 chest throughout primal after his defeat. 5x of them contain 6x Big Notes and 1 also contains 30x. Nice coin sink :DDD
  • aetje
    I think people would be unhappy if they open packs and then end up with 3 or 4 bound Scrolls of Tome that they can't even pass to their alt accounts, for example. All that will do is force people to use the cash shop to get endgame gear, no exceptions. I don't see that as a good idea. There'll be a lower return on your packs if you're after a particular item since you can't sell the surplus - some of which you'd not be able to use. Means fewer pack sales, less gold charged, less gold in the economy.
  • jsxshadow
    aetje wrote: »
    I think people would be unhappy if they open packs and then end up with 3 or 4 bound Scrolls of Tome that they can't even pass to their alt accounts, for example. All that will do is force people to use the cash shop to get endgame gear, no exceptions. I don't see that as a good idea. There'll be a lower return on your packs if you're after a particular item since you can't sell the surplus - some of which you'd not be able to use. Means fewer pack sales, less gold charged, less gold in the economy.

Nah, they shouldnt bind pack items, but packs themselves and everything you can buy from the boutique. If they want to open packs with their own bought gold (AH or cash) and resell the items they get -> that's perfectly fine. Bypassing the AH should be eliminated tho and by binding those items, no one that wants to have 100% guaranteed coins has a choice but to sell via the AH.
  • jsxshadow
    edited January 2018
    @kalystconquerer#0876 I know you most likely cannot say anything about this (since you know CN most likely doesn't want those suggestions at all) but it never hurts to ask: Any thoughts on those suggestions?
  • werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
    Simply. Sell. Infinite. Gold. At. The. Cap. That's all there is to it. That gets rid of excess coin and hard caps the gold price at 4 mil. Sure, you're gonna take a hit early on with players converting their reserves back to gold, but you'll have to take that hit regardless.

I wouldn't to be honest set this as unlimited, but maybe add like 500g a day to it at max cap.

If WC gold price was banned, then ah price shoudl eb rised to a max of 10m, I say it needs to be risen because the value of coin has plumited, back in 2010 when I started 1m was LOADs, and the really rich had 100m+, currently 1m is kinda nothing and even 10m won't get you very far and the really rich have like 10~20b.

Concerning packs, each year there seems to be like 3 more packs that have slightly better odd at getting stuff that is very high end gear e.g. CoM, these packs also tend to be cheapish which means most of the coin on the server is spent on them, there are also endless pack and promo sales over the past few years. What I would like to see is sort of periods of rest where gold price drops to possible within ah price limits (4m). SO like after a major sale there can be a 2~3 week cooling off period and only release maybe a suprise 1~2 day promotion after looking at current ah status.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    I honestly haven't been able to finish up my proposals, particularly for suggesting an implementation of a coin sink :(
    I also want to get to them some of the nice Homestead proposals that have been floated by users.
    CN will be going on vacation soon for their Spring Festival, so any big conversations can be started before they go, but nothing will move until they get back.

For changing how much Gold can be get for charging - usually, that only happens during a Bonus Zen period. I can't speak to any changes that could be implemented on the platform side of things, but if they happen we'll let users know.
    Rank 9 and Refinement Items - We'll look into this to make these items more and more accessible. Expect to see some interesting things down the pipeline for acquiring these items through their usual channels. As far as in-game accessibility, I'll be looking into more of that this year as well.

I did ask for some of their forges items for NW and exchanges we don't have here (mainly for the forges that were replaced), but I'll have to follow up with them to see where that fits in their development timeline since they didn't get back to me with a yes or no. They gave us their development cycle for the CN version for all of this year as well as where we approximately fall for our updates, so I have to plan around those.

To touch upon the virtual items - some of those that come into the game cost us money to develop. Things like the 9th Anniversary Mount, the Red Battle Panada Mount, the unreleased all class bear pets - certain cosmetics we actually pay money to put into the game. Yes, there are items that come into our version by virtue of other versions asking for content, so those we get "for free", but our exclusives we do pay for.
  • jsxshadow
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Thanks for the response Kaly!!! Much appreciated!

I understand your point and I know that we gotta live with what CN gives us basically...but tbh, the biggest flaw I would see in PWI and what really needs to change imho is that there are items that cannot be earned via ingame means. Even if it's insanely hard and takes ages, it should be possible to get it one way or another. That ofc only applies to non-cosmetic items, those should always be payed for as they are optional in every regard.

Popular examples would be Astrospira Pearl Lvl 3 and 4, trade-able (and combine-able) Dragon Orbs and many more. Maybe something is already planned for those items so I am going to look forward to future updates :D
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »

I understand your point and I know that we gotta live with what CN gives us basically...but tbh, the biggest flaw I would see in PWI and what really needs to change imho is that there are items that cannot be earned via ingame means. Even if it's insanely hard and takes ages, it should be possible to get it one way or another. That ofc only applies to non-cosmetic items, those should always be payed for as they are optional in every regard.

Popular examples would be Astrospira Pearl Lvl 3 and 4, trade-able (and combine-able) Dragon Orbs and many more. Maybe something is already planned for those items so I am going to look forward to future updates :D

I can agree with the dragon orbs. I would love to farm them in a way or in another, even if it's only up to +10, leaving 11 and 12 as cash shop only.
  • jsxshadow
    ailiadrake wrote: »

I can agree with the dragon orbs. I would love to farm them in a way or in another, even if it's only up to +10, leaving 11 and 12 as cash shop only.

Well yeah, the new update in CN provides means to farm 10* orbs with their new instance (Frozen Hell I believe?). But I meant more like being able to farm/combine them to all levels.
  • creysero
    creysero Posts: 101 Arc User
    What this game needs is a new engine so people could at least TW / xTW / PK without having 0 FPS :D
    And if they get the engine it would be the perfect moment to introduce a few ways to farm money in game :D
    And if they do the things above it will be the perfect moment to lower the fcked up prices PWI has on pretty much everything exept for fashion and any other stuff that dont make your charr statswise better.

And if they do all this there will be plenty of new people rolling in to play this game :D

But well this is PWI thats asking a few thousand euros for a S card so yeah the chance for this to happen...
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    Step 1) Remove Jolly Jones.
    Bots introduce billions of coins into the market every day using this.

Step 2) Remove coin-generating rewards from keys
    Billions in coin being generated with nothing to spend it on.

Step 3) Create an NPC that sells in-demand items for a price equivalent to the market/cash shop.
    Sell a Jades. Sell Deities. Sell Starchart exp / aptitude. Sell MOG / GST. Remove coin from the market in chunks of hundreds of millions at a time, and allow free-to-play players access to 'end-game' items without having to go directly through the cash shop.

You already conduct rare "GM Events" where you sell COM for 2 Bil. That's 2 Bil taken directly out of the economy. Even if you can't or won't create an NPC to do the exact same thing, you can run these events with a wide variety of items more frequenly and achieve a similiar effect on a much smaller scale.

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User

PS: As if to mock us..the next update in CN revamps the Saturday evening Primal World Boss (Sarokkan I believe?). He will drop 30x Ten Million Big Notes and spawn 6 chest throughout primal after his defeat. 5x of them contain 6x Big Notes and 1 also contains 30x. Nice coin sink :DDD

You want to give source on this? I havent heard anybody of talking bout them nor have I seen anything in CN patchnotes, doesnt mean its impossible, just that I may have missed it. So could you provide source for this?
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Its in one of the pwcn newsposts. too much of a hassle to look it up on my phone atm. i dont remember the amount of coins but it was something high yea.

oh and theres coming an new instance too.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    happyhail wrote: »
    Step 1) Remove Jolly Jones.
    Bots introduce billions of coins into the market every day using this.

Step 2) Remove coin-generating rewards from keys
    Billions in coin being generated with nothing to spend it on.

The first two suggestions are literally all that's needed to fix the economy. It will take awhile, but gold will eventually stabilize and then decrease.

We don't need massive band-aid fixes that try to force changes overnight.

Also I can't believe nebula orbs are still 20 gold/50...
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    ailiadrake wrote: »

Well yeah, the new update in CN provides means to farm 10* orbs with their new instance (Frozen Hell I believe?). But I meant more like being able to farm/combine them to all levels.

Hmmm... if I'm not mistaken, you can "farm" +3, +4 and +5 orbs from tower. Maybe adding 6, 7, 8, and 9 to it will revamp the place, and make it more alluring by taking away some of the more useless items (like the war avatar order). Heck, maybe the orbs can be changed to upgradable, even if being still bound.
  • tabaloul
    tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
    who cares about economy, fix the goddamn engine, this game needs multithreading so bad.​​
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    Yes, get rid of the internal combustion engine, it sucks!
  • gannofdreams
    gannofdreams Posts: 6 Arc User
    At this point, the only thing PWI has over private servers is persistance. :D

See you in hell, merchants.
  • mistressani
    mistressani Posts: 101 Arc User
    What is honestly needed is a way to strike balance for both cash shoppers and free2play gamers :

1) Increase back the resale value on drop items (dqs, gear drops , etc)
    2) Get rid off Old Jolly Jones ( wont's have need for free coin quests if players can actually farm back coins thus giving them something to do in game)
    3) Make stuff like high speed flyers , fashions , mounts bind on use ( give players a reason to want to cash shop and merchant )
    4) Revamp your instance drops like allow Bosses to drop ( Refine Orbs, Gems, All Skill Books, All Required Gear Mats, Tomes) both bound and unbound thus promoting back gameplay
    5) Replace Old Jolly Jones with a Daily Reputation NPC and make Rep Badges a bound cash shop item for those who what have Rank 9 Status faster
    6) Makes Refine Orbs a bound cash shop item while still allowing all grades of Orbs to be dropped by Bosses

I guess I'm just trying to suggest ways to make the game back fun while also ensuring PWI employees get paid
  • aetje
    1) Increase back the resale value on drop items (dqs, gear drops , etc)
    -> Encourages botting with autocultivation and custom bots. Even with the heavy nerf they did on the reselling of items a few months back, it's still profitable if your character is geared right for it. Easily able to make a million just by picking up coins...

2) Get rid off Old Jolly Jones ( wont's have need for free coin quests if players can actually farm back coins thus giving them something to do in game)
    -> Would severely hurt players that have no other realistic means of getting coin. IE new players that start with -nothing- and have to get even G16 the hard way. Better option: Kill the "get coin on taking the 7 bounty orders" reward, but raise the "get coin for missions" reward. Then autocomplete the pulp grinder as soon as you have 3 pulp to prevent folk from locking up the grinder, and presto, you've got it locked down.

3) Make stuff like high speed flyers , fashions , mounts bind on use ( give players a reason to want to cash shop and merchant )
    Would hurt sales instead of help them. Players can't get rid of an old flier when buying a new one -> Costs too much to replace it with a shiney new one -> Just stick with the old.

4) Revamp your instance drops like allow Bosses to drop ( Refine Orbs, Gems, All Skill Books, All Required Gear Mats, Tomes) both bound and unbound thus promoting back gameplay
    This I like. Could revive dead instances like Nirvana if you could farm Tome Fragments/Pages there.

5) Replace Old Jolly Jones with a Daily Reputation NPC and make Rep Badges a bound cash shop item for those who what have Rank 9 Status faster
    Kinda pointless. You've got rep being dropped in FSP (DFSP, up to rank 8), Morai, Warsong... Rank 9 rep isn't that hard to obtain. It's the Medals of Glory and Gen. Summer Tokens that are the problem.

6) Makes Refine Orbs a bound cash shop item while still allowing all grades of Orbs to be dropped by Bosses
    Unless you're going to drop up to +12 from bosses, you'll essentially be locking high refines behind a paywall entirely. Which locks the endgame behind a paywall. That would be very bad and would see a significant portion of the f2p peeps leave, as they have no means to obtain the endgame gear anymore.

• mistressani
    mistressani Posts: 101 Arc User
    I sorta based my suggestions off one of China's most long running mmo game thats still quite popular though it's open pk servers with most items bound ,they've seemed to have strong player based even up to present date unfortunately the US and Europe versions were closed partly owing to the differences but then again I suppose it all based on what their player base wanted just kinda sucks to see a game that once had so much potential slowly die off

• eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    Honestly I don't see much hope for this game economy, still I would do a few changes to at least extend the life of it a bit.

1) probably the most important change (even though I know they have no interest in doing it)
    happyhail wrote: »
    Remove coin-generating rewards from keys

^^This, or at least reduce them drastically. People may argue that the problem are the illegal bots doing jolly or people abusing bh rewards or whatever some players abuse. But reality is that from the moment that this whole pack/key/foil nonsence started, gold prices went up and never came back. This not only make hard to buy gold from AH for a lot of people, but also increase the cost of almost everything that is gold related.
    Also almost at same time they started with this aproach , a lot of people left the game.

2) Modify Jolly old Jones:
    I honestly would not kill jolly since just as @aetje said there are people who dont have other ways to get coin.
    What I would do is change some of the quests, maybe make them more hard or remove the ones that are easy to do by bots.

I would also introduce some sort of cooperative quest, something like BH but that only can be done by non reawakened characters of certain level range with their cultivation up to date. That way people of certain level range can do that quest together as a squad for a certain amount of money. To do all this they don't even need to create new caves, they could just create a new mode inside older instances.
    What would be the good of this idea is that it will be hard to abuse since it will ask:

- cultivation of the level range
    - non reawakened
    - non higher level people so no soloers.
    It would also revive those old caves.

Of course this idea could be improved in order to make it player friendly but without being exploitable.

3) Ban the 3rd party bots that abuse Jolly.
    Yes I know they do this now and then but I am pretty sure that if they enforce this, the people behind those bots would eventually get tired.

4) Create or modify content in a way that players feel encouraged to spend coin instead of hoarding.

The true is that now we are in a situation in which the economy has turned into something almost closed between cashers.
    In the past there was an amount of coins generated from packs, but cashers still needed the coin for a lot of things, so there was a small dependence between cashers and f2p people, not only for coin but also for crafting materials. Nowadays however a casher can just charge money, buy keys on sale (almost permanent) and print money, so said person will not need almost anything from another players. If we add that almost everything from old caves is obsolete, ftp players or even some moderate cahsers who are not strong enough to join the most modern instances are left behind.

I know that some one may quote this and say something like: "g15 or g16 vana is enough to do UP/DUP/DH"
    But lets be honest here, most squad will not invite non maxed people for those instances unless it is a support class since they want to spark kill everything.

5)Make r9 a bit more easy to get
    Yes, I know, from a bussines perspective this may sound dumb. But I am not saying to give it for free. Just make some alternative to farm GST and MOGS in the game, even if is a really long way to farm, like one gst every per months or something..
    But make it at least realistically posible to get some of those mats from actually playing the game. This way maybe even more people may feel encourage to charge to get some of the needed mats for going r9.
    And no, geting 20-50 chips from a bh is not not a way of farming, is just plain idiotic and will not even get you a gst in a year...

As final thought to close this Wall of text, and this is something that i said not so long ago.
    I have nothing against packs/keys or PTW elements but at the same time I play games.. well to play them, not to gamble on keys. A game in in which the only way to get some reasonable progress is to open a pack or a key is not a game anymore is just an expensive gambling program with chat.
    If we add that now not even money will save you from no life the game (Hello there g17 weapons) Even hardcore cashers are probably on a state in which they either dont have too much to do anymore or that they have to no life the game to get g17 but still cash a ton which is a contradiction for a hardcore casher since most of them cash a lot due not having time or to get things faster....

To put it simple: Make the game enjoyable to play for every one, you dont need to kill the packs or keys, you don't need to kill the ptw elements, you dont need to give everything for free. But at least make it a bit more rewarding for non ludopath people because as I see it now, the in game economy of PWI is in a really bad state.

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    As much as I agree with you our greed player driven economy is just too free for this to be possible
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958