Arc Code - Entitlement QQ - Off-Topic Discussions

13»

Comments

• ironpwner
    ironpwner Posts: 94 Arc User
    ony180 wrote: »
    You're the one thats complaining tho, and quite rudely I might add. PW Entertainment is NOT obligated to give out codes, boo hoo you didn't get free stuff for it being Christmas, codes aren't what make the game run, they're simply to make the players happy, if you can't move up in a game without getting handouts everyday, then you really shouldn't be playing, the whole game revolves around farming, not getting things for free.

I agree that we got some decent free stuff on December last year. But "the whole game revolves around farming" part? C'mon xD. The whole game revolves around charging and speding real cash to try to be someone in PvP. Just look at the most recent promo. Every new expansion has been like that for the last 3 years or so. PvE sucks. The only thing being farmed and exploited like crazy is the JOJ quests. Oh and the sources of G17 materials, which are only farmed by endgame heavy cash chargers-spenders xD. Remember how Primal, FSP, regular BH got nerfed? And not everyone with average gear can farm that boring Heavefall Temple.
    i feel like you're employed by pwe for saying such things hahaha. no, they are not obligated to give out codes, and no, free stuff shouldn't be expected. but when things have happened as they have, yes, there should be some sort of compensation, and yes at least a code at its core should be expected. what else would their be for such a blunder? you claim they want players to be happy, well then do something that proves that.

Well, you know, rumors ingame say that some employees play pwi with their player accounts, so who knows. Quite a few peeps look like they were employed xD. To be honest, I'd rather not have a code if we could instead have a patch to fix some stuff. But oh well, giving a free code is easier, just put another Dreamchaser pack and add 2-3 other items and done xD.

But anyway, this thread is for codes, so we better keep it like that. See ya next time :blush: !
    War. War never changes. Memento mori
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    i feel like you're employed by pwe for saying such things hahaha. no, they are not obligated to give out codes, and no, free stuff shouldn't be expected. but when things have happened as they have, yes, there should be some sort of compensation, and yes at least a code at its core should be expected. what else would their be for such a blunder? you claim they want players to be happy, well then do something that proves that.
    No, we're not entitled to compensation. We're entitled to NO CODES AT ALL. We still get codes, and we should be grateful of that. We should be grateful because they're extras, rather than what's expected. Yet you are here complaining as if you actually deserve codes. No player does, and you're not the special snowflake you think you are.

Oh, and if anyone here was a PWE employee using their personal account, they're under no obligation to shill or suck up in any way. You're just using that as an excuse to keep thinking you deserve more than you actually do.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Heck, if it is that much of a slap in your face, whatchya not being a adult for?.. Walk away.. Better then having a nervous breakdown over it all :).
  • mimiskysa#4762
    mimiskysa#4762 Posts: 35 Arc User
    I mean, go back.. say.. back in 2009/2010 times. We didn't get monthly codes like we do now. Btching about not getting codes for 1 month at all is really selfish. Yes we keep the economy up within the game and allow the game to stay running off of its players but c'mon, whining for codes is a little... immature honestly. Just be glad for the codes we do get because in an instant, they could stop coming; just like that.
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    I don't know whats more funny on this thread: The people QQing about the lack of codes, or the people QQing about the ones QQing...? :D

Jokes aside. Yes, it is true. PWE have no obligation to give any code to any one, so people should not feel entitled to get free stuff, specially on a game like this one.
    However at the same time people who feel dissatisfied with how the game is managed is completly free to stop playing or stop charging money. At the end of the day when people stop playing or stop charging money the only one that lose is the Company. Regular players play for fun, they are not going to die if they stop playing (well most of them will be fine i guess... :D ). The Company on the other hand, the less people that play, less people that may spend money...

So while I do agree that people should not rage about lack of codes, the people who QQ about the QQers should understand that when the Company give away codes with free stuff, they are not doing it because they are nice and dandy or charitable. The fact that they give codes is nothing more tan a business strategy the keep the player happy and maybe tempt them to spend real money eventually.
    In other words and I know it may sound arrogant what I am about to say but: By allowing people to play their games, the company is not doing us a favor, we, the players are doing a favor to them, specially the ones that charge money. After all there are docens of other games desperate to get our time and money..

Also there is an old proverb that says: "the fault is not the pig but from who feeds him"
    The meaning of this is pretty obvious on this case: PWE spoiled their playerbase too much during all this years with codes. What do you think is going to happen if you feed a spoiled kid every day with candies and then sudently you stop feeding him?
    Of course he is going to rage :D
  • orangeitis
    edited January 2018
    eeepsilon wrote: »
    I don't know whats more funny on this thread: The people QQing about the lack of codes, or the people QQing about the ones QQing...? :D
    No one is QQing. You have to be in a game that has that shortcut feature in order to successfully QQ.
    Also there is an old proverb that says: "the fault is not the pig but from who feeds him"
    The meaning of this is pretty obvious on this case: PWE spoiled their playerbase too much during all this years with codes. What do you think is going to happen if you feed a spoiled kid every day with candies and then sudently you stop feeding him?
    Of course he is going to rage :D
    Pigs aren't sapient. Humans are. And by extension, players.
  • eeepsilon
    Ok, I will take the bite on this one:

orangeitis wrote: »
    No one is QQing. You have to be in a game that has that shortcut feature in order to successfully QQ.

Well this is now the "Arc Code - Entitlement QQ - Off-Topic Discussions" so clearly this fórum have said feature.
    Pigs aren't sapient. Humans are. And by extension, players.

Proverb
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A proverb (from Latin: proverbium) is a simple and concrete saying, popularly known and repeated, that expresses a truth based on common sense or experience. They are often metaphorical. Proverbs fall into the category of formulaic language.

Proverbs are often borrowed from similar languages and cultures, and sometimes come down to the present through more than one language. Both the Bible (including, but not limited to the Book of Proverbs) and medieval Latin (aided by the work of Erasmus) have played a considerable role in distributing proverbs across Europe. Mieder has concluded that cultures that treat the Bible as their "major spiritual book contain between three hundred and five hundred proverbs that stem from the Bible".[1] In his list of the 106 most common and widespread proverbs across Europe, Paczolay listed 11 that are from the Bible.[2] However, almost every culture has examples of its own unique proverbs.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proverb
    :D

Metaphor:
    A metaphor is a figure of speech that describes an object or action in a way that isn’t literally true, but helps explain an idea or make a comparison.

Here are the basics:

- A metaphor states that one thing is another thing
    - It equates those two things not because they actually are the same, but for the sake of comparison or symbolism
    - If you take a metaphor literally, it will probably sound very strange (are there actually any sheep, black or otherwise, in your family?)
    - Metaphors are used in poetry, literature, and anytime someone wants to add some color to their language

Source: https://www.grammarly.com/blog/metaphor/
  • orangeitis
    Oh cute. But that implication you made there isn't gonna do you any favors. I came here not to argue, but to point some **** out that should be obvious. What's obvious to one isn't necessarily obvious to another, so why not help?
    Well this is now the "Arc Code - Entitlement QQ - Off-Topic Discussions" so clearly this fórum have said feature.
    I'm pressing Alt+QQ, nothing's happening. I suspect that it really does not
    Proverb

A proverb (from Latin: proverbium) is a simple and concrete saying, popularly known and repeated, that expresses a truth based on common sense or experience. They are often metaphorical. Proverbs fall into the category of formulaic language.

Proverbs are often borrowed from similar languages and cultures, and sometimes come down to the present through more than one language. Both the Bible (including, but not limited to the Book of Proverbs) and medieval Latin (aided by the work of Erasmus) have played a considerable role in distributing proverbs across Europe. Mieder has concluded that cultures that treat the Bible as their "major spiritual book contain between three hundred and five hundred proverbs that stem from the Bible".[1] In his list of the 106 most common and widespread proverbs across Europe, Paczolay listed 11 that are from the Bible.[2] However, almost every culture has examples of its own unique proverbs.

Metaphor:
    A metaphor is a figure of speech that describes an object or action in a way that isn’t literally true, but helps explain an idea or make a comparison.

Here are the basics:

- It equates those two things not because they actually are the same, but for the sake of comparison or symbolism
    - If you take a metaphor literally, it will probably sound very strange (are there actually any sheep, black or otherwise, in your family?)
    - Metaphors are used in poetry, literature, and anytime someone wants to add some color to their language

And...?

Comparing pigs who don't know any better to humans that we know full well to have the capacity to is a false equivalency. The 'metaphor' falls flat from the inaccuracy.
  • orangeitis
    The implications you're giving witrh this isn't helping in the least. If you don't like what someone else posts, do not respond. It's that simple.

But since you did respond, here:
    I'm pressing Alt+QQ, but nothing's happening. Is the feature bugged on my end, perhaps?
    Proverb

Metaphor:

Here are the basics:

So what?

Pigs do not know any better, while humans have demonstrated the capacity to know a lot better, and can be taught. The false equivalency of the "metaphor' falls flat.
  • eeepsilon
    The implications you're giving witrh this isn't helping in the least. If you don't like what someone else posts, do not respond. It's that simple.
    Why would I dislike it? I mean from the moment this was removed from the oficial code thread and was named "Arc Code - Entitlement QQ - Off-Topic Discussions"
    It was clear that is nothing more than some sort of "trollbait" and as long as people don't break the rules I don't see anything wrong with this thread at all.
    But since you did respond, here:
    I'm pressing Alt+QQ, but nothing's happening. Is the feature bugged on my end, perhaps?
    I will asume that you don't know the second less popular meaning of the QQ definition so here it is more copy paste:

"Contrary to popular belief, QQ is not a set of crying eyes. It actually originated with the advent of Warcraft II. On battlenet, you could press ALT+Q+Q to immediately exit the match and program. Thus the term "QQ" was to tell people to just quit because they are unskilled. The term later developed and lost it's origin and is usually mistaken as crying eyes.

In contemporary gamer culture, QQ has become the mainstream emoticon for crying eyes, though it is still often used in it's traditional sense. "

Source: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=QQ
    So while it is true that the term is something from warcraft, a lot people nowadays use it as some sort emoticon trying to express sadness or discontent in general. When someone talk about someone else "QQing" they mean that said person is complaining about something.

Im pretty sure that the mod that named this thread was not thinking on warcraft exit shortcut but instead on the people complaing about lack of codes.
    So what?

Pigs do not know any better, while humans have demonstrated the capacity to know a lot better, and can be taught. The false equivalency of the "metaphor' falls flat.

And again wrong on this particular meaning, since the metaphor does not try to evaluate humans or pigs capacity to learn.
    Instead what is trying to say is that when someone spoils another person and said person become "spoiled" (forgive the redundancy), clearly the one spoiling is at fault.
    But I completly understand that you may misunderstood this since the origin of the proverb is not from USA or some English speaking country. I believe the origin is from Spain or some other European country. So I can guess is not popular in the US.

Also while is true that we humans have great capacity to learn and a huge intellect, It is also true that we, many times display a great amount of stupidity and complete lack of common sence. The proof of this is state of the world since thousand of years till now: we have the intellect, the resources and the power to change into something better but we keep killing each other, ruining the planet and bringing misery to others. All this clearly shows lack of learning capacity or even worse: lack of willing to change.
    Of course I would not be so stupid to hate my own kind, but at same time I would be completly arrogant and blind if I deny that our species can behave worse than other less intellingent animals, and sadly I dont think this may change too soon.
    But anyway.. I will not furter derrail this into some sort of philosophical discussion about humans since this is whole thread is about people complaining about lack of codes.

• orangeitis
    edited January 2018
    Im pretty sure that the mod that named this thread was not thinking on warcraft exit shortcut but instead on the people complaing about lack of codes.
    *shrug* okay.
    And again wrong on this particular meaning, since the metaphor does not try to evaluate humans or pigs capacity to learn.
    I wasn't implying that the metaphor tried to evaluate capacity to learn, I was saying that the capacity to learn comes into play, and that the metaphor is inappropriate for this situation because the metaphor doesn't address that.

Forget the metaphor. The people in this thread can learn to deal with no codes, period. Whose "fault" it is? Also totally irrelevant. It could be a lot worse. Y'all need to learn to deal with not getting things handed to you, period. Stupidity is no excuse.
  • hallelujah#8086
    hallelujah#8086 Posts: 1 New User
    Yes people should be ok with getting nothing in return for the hundreds of thousands of dollars this game collects each year because they should learn not to expect anything in return hahaha. Even though it costs a minute amount of money to run a server, we should all be happy they only earned 100x what they spent and did the bare minimum; if that, in return.
  • ironpwner
    They should make an experiment: They should stop giving codes, remove all exploitable coin sources, like JOJ, and arc quests which give free gold xD, so we could see how many players and their alts stay in this game.
  • orangeitis
    ironpwner wrote: »
    They should make an experiment: They should stop giving codes, remove all exploitable coin sources, like JOJ, and arc quests which give free gold xD, so we could see how many players and their alts stay in this game.

The Arc quests provide Zen to any PWE game, not just PWI. So if we're doing an experiment like this in PWI, we shouldn't up and take away something that would effect other games. Perhaps just block PWI from receiving Arc quest zen?
  • ironpwner
    ironpwner wrote: »

The Arc quests provide Zen to any PWE game, not just PWI. So if we're doing an experiment like this in PWI, we shouldn't up and take away something that would effect other games. Perhaps just block PWI from receiving Arc quest zen?

Oooh yeah, I forgot about that. Well! even better!, they should remove the Arc Quests for all the games on Arc Client. That way we'll not only see how many players stay on PWI but on other games too. That could help them decide which games are worth keeping alive, and which aren't. And with that, less games to manage could mean more focus on important titles, like PWI or Forsaken World, for example.

Thanks for reminding us that. There shouldn't be bias and just block PWI, all games should be affected. After all, players shouldn't expect free stuff nor currency handed to them, right? I say I'd be a great experiment to optimize their tasks and priorities.
  • sarrafeline
    sarrafeline Posts: 152 Arc User
    Considering how much people spend on this game, with R9 costing around $600 USD on sale, some free stuff from time to time really shouldn't hurt.
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Looks like a certain mod just broke TOSS by playing the shame name game LMAO I remember getting spanked in the past for doing something like this thread. This person should get the same or demoted lol but ill just take it as the ultimate compliment that i affected you so much and meant so much to you that weeks later you have to take a stab lol AS I AM TRULY THE CENTER OF YOUR UNIVERSE TY TY.

I like to thank all the little Trolls and big trolls for this award who had made this possible on behalf of all Trolls i accept this award.

Also don't we have an off topic part of the forum oh and yes we are ENTITLEMENT class flashes debit card lol
  • eeepsilon
    Not sure if the last few posts about the whole arc quests stuff are trolling or not but still I guess ill take it seriously, so here is what I think.
    Arc quests is nothing more than another business strategy to try to make players test other games and eventually make them spend on those games. It is not charity, not good will or anything of that sort.

Do some people probably try to abuse it, even if technically it is not possible?
    Probably yes.

Will they be able to abuse it?
    Don't think so..

Can they get rich by doing arc quests?
    Definitely not.

Will players rage quit if they remove arc quests.
    Not really since it is not something vital to progress in the game.

From a business perspective you can say that arc quest is nothing more than free advertising for their own games, so why will they kill it?

As I say before on my first post on this thread: Yes players are not entitled to get free stuff from the Company, however at same time players play the game for fun, hence if they feel that the game is not fun anymore or too greedy or whatever, they may quit. If too many players quit, the only one that lose in the end is the Company, not the players.
    Still to be hones I don't think that people will quit for the lack of codes.

In my opinion the problem is not the lack of free stuff or codes. Just as some other people mentioned before, they give a lot of free stuff. (even if most of it is useless)

The problem I see is more the lack of codes during the christamas / new year events.
    Why? 'cause most of the time people are used to get something during those dates.
    You can say that is more a sort of a "lack of good will from the Company to their playerbase"
    So for many I guess it may look as the company don't give a damn about their playerbase.

Keep in mind that I don't say this as a complain or anything of the sort. To be honest the codes that they usually give are completly useless to me, this because my main is close to end game and even some of my alts are r9 already. I am not really poor in game. So no, I am not going to quit or rage 'cause lack of codes.

Is just that I feel that many of the changes that they did in the last few years are really negative for the game longevity, specially the whole key/pack/foil fiasco during the last months, plus the fact that the game is much harder to progress to a f2p player now. Not going to say that the game is dead since is not, but is undeniable that a lot of the playerbase has left after this new aproach started.

Changes that hurt most of the playerbase are extremely negative, even for the most rich people in game. After all what is the point of playing an online game if all your friends/enemies/guilds are gone.

As I said on another thread not long ago: Even if they are targeting only their big spenders with this game changes and business practices, they seem to ignore (or maybe they don't care) that even those big spenders will stop spending on a dead game, and when that happen, we all know how is going to end.

Also keep in mind that when I say all this I am not attacking anyone in particular, nor do I have anything against PWE employees, after all they are only doing their job. I guess is just sad to see the path this game is going lately.
  • laiwaisan
    ps is there any new codes out by the way ? lol
  • laiwaisan
    Arc quests what is that?
  • eeepsilon
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    Arc quests what is that?

Arc quests is something integrated on the arc clients since some time ago. It give you points for playing arc games, when you get a certain amount of points you can change those for in game currency (gold in the case of pwi).
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/9839863-arc-quests-reward-you-for-discovering-new-games
  • ironpwner
    Not sure if the last few posts about the whole arc quests stuff are trolling or not but still I guess ill take it seriously, so here is what I think.
    Arc quests is nothing more than another business strategy to try to make players test other games and eventually make them spend on those games. It is not charity, not good will or anything of that sort.

Do some people probably try to abuse it, even if technically it is not possible?
    Probably yes.

Will they be able to abuse it?
    Don't think so..

Can they get rich by doing arc quests?
    Definitely not.

Will players rage quit if they remove arc quests.
    Not really since it is not something vital to progress in the game.

From a business perspective you can say that arc quest is nothing more than free advertising for their own games, so why will they kill it?

As I say before on my first post on this thread: Yes players are not entitled to get free stuff from the Company, however at same time players play the game for fun, hence if they feel that the game is not fun anymore or too greedy or whatever, they may quit. If too many players quit, the only one that lose in the end is the Company, not the players.
    Still to be hones I don't think that people will quit for the lack of codes.

In my opinion the problem is not the lack of free stuff or codes. Just as some other people mentioned before, they give a lot of free stuff. (even if most of it is useless)

The problem I see is more the lack of codes during the christamas / new year events.
    Why? 'cause most of the time people are used to get something during those dates.
    You can say that is more a sort of a "lack of good will from the Company to their playerbase"
    So for many I guess it may look as the company don't give a damn about their playerbase.

Keep in mind that I don't say this as a complain or anything of the sort. To be honest the codes that they usually give are completly useless to me, this because my main is close to end game and even some of my alts are r9 already. I am not really poor in game. So no, I am not going to quit or rage 'cause lack of codes.

Is just that I feel that many of the changes that they did in the last few years are really negative for the game longevity, specially the whole key/pack/foil fiasco during the last months, plus the fact that the game is much harder to progress to a f2p player now. Not going to say that the game is dead since is not, but is undeniable that a lot of the playerbase has left after this new aproach started.

Changes that hurt most of the playerbase are extremely negative, even for the most rich people in game. After all what is the point of playing an online game if all your friends/enemies/guilds are gone.

As I said on another thread not long ago: Even if they are targeting only their big spenders with this game changes and business practices, they seem to ignore (or maybe they don't care) that even those big spenders will stop spending on a dead game, and when that happen, we all know how is going to end.

Also keep in mind that when I say all this I am not attacking anyone in particular, nor do I have anything against PWE employees, after all they are only doing their job. I guess is just sad to see the path this game is going lately.

No, I wasn't trolling, I was serious about all.

I agree with most of what you said. Though I think that, while Arc quests is a form of free advertisement for their other games, there could be other ways to do it. So their removal wouldn't affect them that much either. As you said, removing the arc quests wouldn't make people quit the games they already play, so it wouldn't hurt to try.

Some people do abuse them though. Or at least try to, since as it was stated on other forum threads, all you need to do is open the game's launcher and you get the free points that eventually stack enough to be converted to gold.

Some people around here which seem to be so much against others wanting/asking for free stuff/codes, don't seem to really play PWI as their main game, or don't understand the state of the game at all. It almost seems like they just want to shut or invalidate others right to post on the forum. I know there are some who constantly beg or ask for stuff/codes, but not everyone does that, and everyone is free to use the forums as long as they don't break the rules. It doesn't hurt to ask if there's going to be any freebies, plus, if anyone breaks the forum rules, then they get punished. We don't need self-entitled forum-police telling people what to do or to shut up. That's why we have forum mods, which are the official pacifiers and helpers of our community manager.

I wish there were more people like you both on the forums and in-game: Polite, comprehensive and open to other people's opinions and rights. We have enough self-entitled peeps for every negative behavior.

Thanks for expressing your arguments with politeness and in an unbiased way.
  • laiwaisan
    are arc quests still around honestly i wouldn't mind making a few gold but only if its like try 3 games out and get at least enough for one plat charm that be cool because that help out playing pwi.

you know i wish they brought back the achievements page lv a class to 100 etc its just like are treasure box ingame but gave cool things out like fash mounts one of kind gear you couldn't get anywhere else i would totally add those special items you can only get from old trophy mode from nerfed instances like wraith gate etc before they took out trophy mode
  • eeepsilon
    @ironpwner
    What I mean by not being possible to abuse is that the arc quest system allow you to take a certain number of quests per day and no more, and that can not be glitched as far as i know.
    I am aware that people can actually just launch the game and close it, but to be honest I don't think that is abuse since the whole fact that players download and istall entire games on their computers give them a chance to try them. Yes many people will just install to farm golds but at some point they may feel tempted to play some of those games, that is what PWE want I guess.

The only way in which I see possible to abuse this is by using multiple accounts, like what is being talked here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/1208348/arc-quest-trap
    However in that case Im sure they are banning people (I know more than one that got banned for trying to login multiple accounts on arc on same house/pc)

@laiwaisan
    Tbh from what I remember is about 5 golds per month (maybe a bit more) but I don't think you would be able to get it by just installing 3 games since the system ask you to play specific games for a certain amount of days and those are random. Example would be something like:
    Quest 1: play pwi for 7 days and get 500* points
    Quest 2: play Neverwinter for 5 days and get 300* points
    Quest 3: login to arc for 7 days and get 400* points
    *Note that number of points I am giving are not real since i dont remember how many points does it give.
    Once you have 5000 points, you can Exchange for gold, being 5000= 5 golds

My advice would be do it with your main account like everyone else does but Don't create or use multiple accounts to farm it, or you may get banned
  • eeepsilon
    @ironpwner
    What I mean by not being possible to abuse is that the arc quest system allow you to take a certain number of quests per day and no more, and that can not be glitched as far as i know.
    I am aware that people can actually just launch the game and close it, but to be honest I don't think that is abuse since the whole fact that players download and istall entire games on their computers give them a chance to try them. Yes many people will just install to farm golds but at some point they may feel tempted to play some of those games, that is what PWE want I guess.

The only way in which I see possible to abuse this is by using multiple accounts, like what is being talked here:
    However in that case Im sure they are banning people (I know more than one that got banned for trying to login multiple accounts on arc on same house/pc)

@laiwaisan
    Tbh from what I remember is about 5 golds per month (maybe a bit more) but I don't think you would be able to get it by just installing 3 games since the system ask you to play specific games for a certain amount of days and those are random. Example would be something like:
    *Note that number of points I am giving are not real since i dont remember how many points does it give.

My advice would be do it with your main account like everyone else does but Don't create or use multiple accounts to farm it, or you may get banned
  • eeepsilon
    edited January 2018
    @ironpwner

@laiwaisan

Edit: Not sure why it got triple post, sorry about that .-.
    Post edited by eeepsilon on