What is this battle area?

Options
blazerboy
blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
Anyone know where they are fighting exactly?

https://youtu.be/ZG9UsDhTcgU

Fights start at 8:45 btw but good game when g17.5 becomes the meta for this game. Lord Pangu help us when seekers wizards and sins just easy peasy bypassing
105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
http://mypers.pw/5/#258958

Comments

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know this is the PvP championship arena. Teams are selected from each server and are given max gear to fight against each other in the arena and win prizes. I think this is also the arena where our PWI players fought back when we had that worldwide Perfect World championship and a team from each version of PW was selected to go to China.

​​
  • blazerboy
    Options
    Oooooo that actually sounds like fun!
  • pilleh
    pilleh Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    The chinese players edit their vids like dawnglory people. Only cutting the parts where they get kills. The interesting "highlights". But in reality, nothing special about cutscenes of already-purged and resource-used targets getting charm bypassed.
  • catgirldesu
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm pretty sure this is what Kalyst had in mind when she made this PvP Tournament thread asking for player feedback. I don't know why PWI doesn't have these tournaments. Every other PW version seems to have them every year. Well, it might be due to the lack of available GMs to create and set up rental characters and organize the whole thing.​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    I'm pretty sure this is what Kalyst had in mind when she made this PvP Tournament thread asking for player feedback. I don't know why PWI doesn't have these tournaments. Every other PW version seems to have them every year. Well, it might be due to the lack of available GMs to create and set up rental characters and organize the whole thing.

I can answer that.

With our custom version of R9 PWCN disallowed PWI to be a part of this as our gears where seen to be too powerful. Not so much now ay. However their have been talks of this in the last few years but nothing in 100% area.

Thanks.​​
  • catgirldesu
    Options
    @heero200 I think you're talking about the worldwide championship we had once, but I'm referring to the local championships. China and Russia have local championships every year. This is something we could have had in PWI as well, but we probably don't have enough GMs to organize it.

Even so, I'm not sure what to believe regarding "PWI gears are too strong" when GMs can make rental characters with balanced gear. Did China even host any worldwide Perfect World championships again after that one time?

​​
  • blazerboy
    Options
    A tourny of balanced gears is really a good idea of fun
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Its a cross-server 10x10 pvp tourney.
    Every other PW version seems to have them every year. Well, it might be due to the lack of available GMs to create and set up rental characters and organize the whole thing.​​
    This.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @catgirldesu ah yes. Sorry this was what I thought It was referring to. I should read the full thread but time is money as they say. Also yes their have been others... Not sure so recent tho.

I would also put in the time zones as a problem and yes GM time would also be a BIG problem. Tho to be fair you could sort an unofficial with servers (Not SvS) tho prizes etc would be of player hand. and ill read the thread next time LOL.

Something the players want then SHOUT about it!

Thanks.​​
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on