Excuse the rant but....

...with just a few exceptions...this has got the be THE most UNFRIENDLIEST MMO I have EVER played. It is NOT very new player oriented.

First....you are unable to ask questions in world chat, not only do you have to be a certain level you need an item for EACH comment/question asked. - On other mmos I have oftentimes received help by asking in world chat.

Second, your festivals (the winter/snowman event is NOT geared towards characters of all levels. I'd like to participate too.

Third, which is related slightly to the first point, because I can't ask ALL via world chat I am reduced to either singly out a random person or so already talking in world chat in hopes that they will answer or even KNOW the answer...or using the same technique targeting a person doing the same quest as me and asking THEM. The latter is what I did regarding a quest I needed help with tonight and it took me TWENTY MINUTES to get someone to respond. I asked several who were clearly on the same quest. Most ignored me and two even pointedly responded...NO, sorry when asked if they could please answer my question. And I hadn't even asked the question yet...so wasn't as if they didn't know the answer!!

Now...as said as with anything there ARE exceptions and I did, eventually manage to get someone to answer my question and point out what I was doing wrong....but these exceptions seem very few. I'm playing a venomancer and was eyeing some legendary pets in the cash shop and was seriously considering using real money to buy one. I don't mind spending real money from time to time on a game a like...if it is affordable....BUT if this is how new players are treated here, 99.9% of the time, I'm seriously considering if this game is even worth my time let alone my money!

Comments

• nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    First, I kinda agree with your WC issue.
    Second, to be fair, you just had bad luck probably, everyone I know is always up to answer questions and guide others, i'd like to know on which server you are. If you're on Tideswell, let me know.
    Third, well, about the events, I agree that there should be events for lower lvl ppl, or maybe the same event but the rewards scale depending on your level, however, and not saying your point is invalid at all, but it's an old game and new people / low level people are rare nowadays, maybe it got that way because of these issues, who knows.

Anyways, again, if you're in Tideswell, let me know your name and i'll give you info if you need about anything ^^

Mr. Justice
  • timberwolf7300
    timberwolf7300 Posts: 13 Arc User
    Thanks for understanding. I think I AM on tideswell...part of my issue is that I have some characters that I did make quite awhile ago but they nuver got much over 10...ans seeing as was away for awhile I still consider myself to be new as am still learning.

Those previous characters is the only reason I know there is an even going on as when they were made you weren't locked in a starter area until lvl 20 but even they can't fully participate as they are still too low to do the actual snowman quest for stockings.

I've played LOTRO for quite sone time...& have to say I LOVE the festivals there & now appreciate them much more soo now seeing as they include everyone in them. That is also an older mmo & while I can say yes there have been times people have not responded to a tell (willing to give some benefit of doubt thst it canbe mussed) but I have never had anyone there tell me no, sorry not going to answer my question...& here was told that twice in a matter of minutes by two different people.

Again, there HAVE been people who have helped...someone even kindly gave me a few eggs, but far more have ignored etc & without tgat unrestricted world chat I feel lost at times.

Thank you again though for your offer of help. My main is a remake of the venomancer I made before (as couldn't even get in touch with a gm in game ia ticket about a renamw from server merges) Her name is Keileigh & would be great if had someone who could ask questions of for the times am lost & confused.
  • deceitsoul
    deceitsoul Posts: 94 Community Moderator
    Sorry you had a rough time in pwi. People are usually not like that all , must have been the time you were on , have to keep time zones in mind when play.

Anyways there are nice people who still play and your more than welcome to ask/ check the forums for help & advice.

The main problem is people forget that ,they can help others when they reach end game point & it's not all about PvP. Forgive me here but there is some sense of duty when your in any type of community .

--/**Ticket- Support**\----/**Rules of Conduct**\-->

----/**Administrator of Mod team**\-->
    Inquires or questions inbox here
    Or reach me in-game
    Ouln -Etherblade Server
  • katikilo
    katikilo Posts: 13 Arc User
    I would say that you just had quite bad luck with needing help. Over the years I would say that it is easier to get help as a new player now than it used to be (though I think that the average quality of the help has gone down).

My advice is to look for an acive faction to join, and if they are a faction that is more focused on helping new players they will often be in the new starting area recruiting, then you should have many people who will try to help answer any questions that you have. Hope that the game gets more fun for you.
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    Alright, I'll try to contact you ingame, or just leave me a message when you're online if you're in Tideswell, just PM ShadowRuler ^^

Mr. Justice
  • yohon#8325
    yohon#8325 Posts: 1 Arc User
    ~Shimbers, im always on pm me if u need help too ^_^
  • timberwolf7300
    Thanks all. :)
    I'm feeling much better this morning, part of my issue I thibk was I was soooo tored yesterday, then the frustration of not knowing how to complete a quest added in with people refusing to help really upset me. And of couse the few friends Imade weren't online.

I just hope haven't really screwed things up with this quesr as the one person who finally did answer my question said I needed some sort if flyer to talk to the immortal celestial but I don't have one & don't recall getting one...hope haven't lost or accidentally sold something I need now. - I will admit to not entirely reading all quest info - have a problem currently with my eyes that makes reading on the computer difficult, so have only been reading the bare minimum of what is needed, so I suppose I could have missed seeing something important.

I am going to try to logon tonight & try to see if can get this quest back on track...hope so as don't want to remake the character. :(
  • cocoletta
    cocoletta Posts: 18 Arc User
    I think u should better ask for help in forum someone will reply sooner or later, as for those in world chat they will either troll u,ignore u,or help u, then again I did meet the ocasional nablet after having tryed to help him I get a smack in the face something like u where of no help at all like how rude can someone get I try to help and I get a smack over the face for it :D (now im frustrated :blush: )but yeah bare in mind to have pacience and never get upset about it too much enjoy the game and all it has to offer ,yes u will get frustrated sometimes and mad but in the end we are all people and thats to be ahhh...well understandable i guess :o . Also got no ideea about that flyer for a quest thing its probably for the nightshades class from what I remember.
    No need to apologise for anyway have a nice day Timberwolf. Bye bye See ya
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited December 2017
    For the flyer, did you go to Sigil Palace, up in the air? That is where you get your flyer in the Celestial Vale. The quest is called The Maiden's Summon and you can get it from Colormask in Lorreway City. It's available until level 60 so you can easily go back and do it if you missed it.

I hope that helps :smile: if not, then you will only need a male character to carry you up to the Celestial Immortal, since you're playing a female character (assuming you're having trouble on your venomancer).
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • serxon#9875
    serxon#9875 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    I think sometimes we are lucky and sometimes not so. And some people are just kinder than others. We win some, and we lose some.

I was fortunate to meet many nice players as I leveled, and I'm not fond of worldchat, so that suited me fine. I never knew about level requirement on world chat and hardly ever used my teleacoustics. I just read and do some questing, learn the game slowly at my own pace. I think alot of people lacked the initial patience to take their time and slowly appreciate a game, instead opting/trying for quick, fast leveling etc, and then getting disappointed when they dont progress as fast as they want to. MMOs arent meant to be completed in a single sitting.

Have hope. You will meet kind people. People who explained more than what you asked even. Some even gave me a few coins eventhough I didnt ask (I'm not into begging for stuff either). Others added to friends and said just pm them if I need help in future.

Then ofcourse there will always be the ones who are just plain rude - cant blame these people... they weren't brought up well.

The other day, I was flying on my flyer and hovering over an NPC, and my flyer was covering the NPC. Instead of just saying nicely 'please move aside' a player whispered me 'get off your damn flyer you f***ing **** moron'.

Like I said, we win some, and we lose some. :wink:
  • wildlotus#2209
    wildlotus#2209 Posts: 5 Arc User
    twilight temple is nice
  • timberwolf7300
    Thanks again all...& yes Obielle that is the quest as eventually did find someone who said to return to Lorreway, so I guess will find out later tonight if can still get that flyer.