Credit not given for kills/counter sticks (Heaven's Tear-CYANNAIR ESSENCE COLLECTION)

kat#1478
kat#1478 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2017 in Quality Corner
At the very end of the main quest "Heaven's Tear - Find Sage of Light, you have to collect 50 CYANNAIR ESSENCE. While doing so, my tracking counter got stuck on the number 20/50 even though my friend and I killed at least 40. I was told by Customer Service that they were going to look into this, but to post this here so that the problem could be possibly addressed. I have logged in/out with no change. I have restarted the last portion of the quest with similar results, only this time, the counter remained stuck on the number 6/50, instead of the initial 20/50. This is an essential quest and cannot be trashed so could someone please fix this issue.

Thank you.
Post edited by kat#1478 on

Comments

• lottie#8801
    lottie#8801 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Can you try to see if your bag is full? If so you may not be able to get the quest items that are dropping (eventhough technically there is a stack, you need to have at least 1 bag slot empty to receive more quest item I think). This happened to me once when I was doing a primal quest (Liu Soo) and I got 1/8 cos my bag was full.

I have no idea why your quest items are decreasing though..
  • kat#1478
    I always try and make sure my inventory has some empty slots and I use the bank to put some excess inventory stuff there for that purpose. Thanks for your advice but something is wrong with the game, some glitch or something because I've tried this twice and even though I've killed numerous Essence the numbers seem to stick on a random number and won't go any further. This frustrates me and I hope it gets fixed because this is an important quest and a needed quest.

Thanks again. :)
  • nociro
    nociro Posts: 50 Arc User
    I believe I still need to do this quest on an alt. Ill come back here later.

Random number sounds really strange. First it sounded like an inventory issue, or maybe even an quest inventory issue.
  • kat#1478
    I think I found out the issue. Just as 'lottie' and you suggested, I ran across this AGAIN in another of my quests this morning. I was killing some monsters and my counter, once again stuck on a random number (strangely it was the #6 again), so I looked in my inventory bag and it wasn't full, but it had perhaps 5 empty slots left opened. So I empted out the one slot and made it so that I had 6 empty slots (one whole bottom row) and it solved this issue. I dont understand why this was an issue as my inventory wasn't completley full, as it still had 5 empty ones available. Maybe you can answer that question.

Thanks to you and Lottie for making me aware of this possibly being the issue. :)
  • lottie#8801
    lottie#8801 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Hi kat. Am glad we managed to give you an idea on how to solve your issue. I started noticing this trend where quests couldn't be completed when there were insufficient inventory slots to receive the quest items to bag.

There was even one case when I turned a quest in that only required 3 empty slots (for reward items). And I had 6 slots but I could not receive the reward till I emptied more slots. A friend of mine only recently started receiving lots of reward items that he was supposed to be awarded from completing quests many months ago, when he recently expanded his bag and bank inventory, and started moving more things from bag to bank. It's almost as if there are items in queue to be flushed into our bag that we are unaware of - maybe due to leveling up or something. :smiley:

And only when we have X number of empty slots, the items go 'Aha! Now we can get into the bag!'
  • kat#1478
    Hi Lottie: Are you talking about regular inventory slots or quest slots because I noticed tha an icon representing the Cyannair Essence 6/20 is in my 'quest' section, and not my regular inventory. I only have two other items in my quest inventory, but what I was referring to in my message was my regular inventory. I guess I don't understand why I needed the empty slots to begin with since nothing was going to go into my inventory anyway.

Thanks again :D