Arigora Colosseum – Season 1 rewards, how will it work?

zandhond
zandhond Posts: 32 Arc User
Hello,
In the official announcement post no info was given about if 3v3 and 6v6 rankings will be counted separatly, or combined togethere to determine who gets; 1st, 2-32nd, 33-64th and 65-100th places.
As expected 6v6 is used by alot of players to fight theyr own alts and gain colosseum coins this way. Because who will que at 6 in the morning on a monday/tuesday? XD easy wins right there,
Now i hope pwe understands and also looks at rankings and relises that with the current rankings 6v6 alt farmers will surpass 3v3 teams that actually pvp every week to climb up, IF the rankings are combined.
Therefore rankings should be seperated or even better dont count 6v6 rankings at all, players who alrdy abuse the system to gain tons of coins will be rewarded even more for doing so :D

Comments

• hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    yeah, dont count 6vs6 ranking and while you are on it, disqualify all 3vs3 squads with assassins as well. right?
  • zombiemaster123
    zombiemaster123 Posts: 109 Arc User
    hoshichan wrote: »
    yeah, dont count 6vs6 ranking and while you are on it, disqualify all 3vs3 squads with assassins as well. right?

Yes, please.

BTW, it was made clear that only personal score will count. If you gain that through 3v3, 6v6 or whatever the hell you are doing...it doesn't matter. At the end of the day, your personal score will be counted. Period. Ofc, that's the only reasonable approach.

Mhm, my SB is at 1800 something, db at 1930 something..if I roll with the sin now as well and get to 1900 I can cash in 3 times :D Good times.
  • hoshichan

Yes, please.

BTW, it was made clear that only personal score will count. If you gain that through 3v3, 6v6 or whatever the hell you are doing...it doesn't matter. At the end of the day, your personal score will be counted. Period. Ofc, that's the only reasonable approach.

Mhm, my SB is at 1800 something, db at 1930 something..if I roll with the sin now as well and get to 1900 I can cash in 3 times :D Good times.

1800 score and top 100? make it top 1000...
  • zombiemaster123

Yes, please.

Do you think so many people are doing arena? I barely see any squads above 1800. Sure, there are some, but not that many xD However, I am unaware as to how many ppl abuse 6v6 with alt-parties..so yeah, could be a few.
  • hoshichan

Yes, please.

Do you think so many people are doing arena? I barely see any squads above 1800. Sure, there are some, but not that many xD However, I am unaware as to how many ppl abuse 6v6 with alt-parties..so yeah, could be a few.

that tideswell sin alone must have hundreds of chars above 1800.

i doubt i will be top 100 with 2050 score even :)
  • zhell#8586
    zhell#8586 Posts: 29 Arc User
    there are at least 5 squads in 6v6 with over 2100 score - that's a minimum of 30 players ( mostly alt chars) that will claim the top 64 places leaving the rest of the 3v3ers tofight for the last few slots. anyway, that's besides the point. It should be obvious that the top 100 slots should only be awarded to main characters not alt squads thats been boosted by rotating amonst themselves for months. will be kinda a middle finger to the rest of the 3v3 participants if they burn charms etc just to have a bunch of alts take their spots in the top 100 list. i hope the GM / devs rectify this issue
  • zhell#8586
    zhell#8586 Posts: 29 Arc User
    and yes, there are at least 200 people above 1800 score
  • zombiemaster123
    edited December 2017

Yes, please.

that tideswell sin alone must have hundreds of chars above 1800.

i doubt i will be top 100 with 2050 score even :)

I no problem. If thats the same sin you are talking about. I have several recordings in which you can clearly see that his "alts" in the party are controlled by a 3rd Party bot. If push comes to shove I just get him banned including all alts for Botting in Arena.

As for other ppl...don't be so stupid to use a bot in arena. Having a char spam some skills and then auto-attacking for several seconds on an immune target..welp, doesnt get more obvious.

On the other hand. If 1 person really is abusing the system that hard, I think Kaly should just disqualify that person. More than 2 or 3 accounts shouldnt be taken into consideration to keep the fairness in tact.

@cronicles1 It should be easy for them to judge if a squad consists of gear-less alts. Those just need to be disqualified in 6v6. Don't think thats too much work.
    Post edited by zombiemaster123 on
  • dreakster
    dreakster Posts: 3 Arc User
    If they are gearless alts; what's stopping anyone from taking their points and removing them from the top100?
  • zombiemaster123
    dreakster wrote: »
    If they are gearless alts; what's stopping anyone from taking their points and removing them from the top100?

Patience most likely. Find 5 people to do 6v6 with..nearly nobody does 6v6 and as a result even less do it because you get no fights. 1 in 2 days is already alot..not worth it.
  • zandhond
    zandhond Posts: 32 Arc User

because they fight at the most awkward times so are not or barely interupted, also farmed themselves to higher points so a fresh new 6v6 team wont even get them in que cus of the point difference :S
  • zombiemaster123
    zandhond wrote: »

because they fight at the most awkward times so are not or barely interupted, also farmed themselves to higher points so a fresh new 6v6 team wont even get them in que cus of the point difference :S

Yap, @kalystconquerer#0876 can you please look into this issue before disbursing rewards for the arena-season?
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User

Yap, @kalystconquerer#0876 can you please look into this issue before disbursing rewards for the arena-season?

you still wont be top 100 with your score
  • zombiemaster123

you still wont be top 100 with your score

With all the alts goneß We barely get loads of differnt squads, let alone 1900+ ones. Then again, we only do fights on Friday after reset and on saturday after reset. I have no clue what some people are doing under the week or W/E especially from the NA-Servers. Not sure regarding them but still..I barely see 1900+ so I doubt that 1900 does not qualify for top 100 if all the alts get kicked out of the rankings.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Dead hour farming happens in almost every game that isn't ridiculously active, I've seen it happen in 3v3 aswell. There's a number of ''good'' teams that are DHFs, and you'll only see them queue when they know there's no ''good'' teams in queue. The reward is more important than the challenge, this isn't uncommon. Is there no one in queue? Just queue your alts.

There's generally not much that games can do about it, except from limit the queue availability, which PWI already did. Generally the games just let it happen and there's a general understanding in the community who the DHFs are and who aren't.

That said, usually when the dead hours extend to the point where a queue is more dead than alive then the queue gets taken down forever and RIP. It was blatantly obvious that our community is no longer big enough to support a 6v6 ladder, as it died pretty much the 2nd day after its release, hell we're barely big enough for a 3v3 ladder... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the 2nd place on the 3v3 ladder is just 2 players and a buff alt, that kinda says a lot. When it comes to 6v6 however, PWI should just disable the queue entirely. It's probably not possible to do so right now but after this season or maybe with the new expansion the 6v6 queue should be removed. It isn't being used for it's intended purpose at all so it's best taken away and they can move the focus to 3v3 completely.