Free Rp by login in.

Comments

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    dregenfox wrote: »
    https://i.imgur.com/SklHVQw.jpg

That shows current ram usage for some of the clients, they seem to vary anywhere from 50 to 400. The one at the top is obviously an open window at >1080p resolution so its consuming the 600-800 that your friend is getting, but there's no reason to keep the window open or have it at such high resolutions.

Does your friend have a video card or is he using shared/integrated VRAM?

Resolution had absolutely no effect on the ram usage we were getting - if it does anything the effect isnt noticeable. I did close the window and that too had zero effect on my ram usage. I am pretty confident he is using video card.

He did even dabble with command panel commands(d_render_forest for example) to reduce the resources clients were taking and thats how he got to 650mb.

Till you provide actual information how to accomplish these absurd low RAM numbers I`m gonna assume you are modifying the client. The other option would be you paging your ram, which would be just idiotic.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    To be honest, they should do this more often, the supply on these shards/orbs is extremely low, I do hope some dude with 50 alts does this, actually several dudes with 50 alts. Currently, to go deity or jades, you need minimum 7.2 BILLION coins (72 shards at 100M each, sometimes more) which is ridiculous. It would make way more sense if it was around 100M for deity stones, which would still put the cost at 2.4B, but... so much lower than 7.2B. Devil/Serenity would still be 300M each, 7.2B for devil/Serenity.

So, the cost of +3 would become the cost of +2 currently, which would be nice.

Also, wanted to point out, a DoD in China goes for around 15-20M... I know, i know, different playerbase, different amount of players, but still, at that price getting those shards is fairly decent, still expensive but not crazy.

Oh, lastly, glad this is happening because a certain someone on my server that has been trying to hoard all the DoDs and DoTs to resell will lose money, he's been doing this for at least 6 months, and it's getting annoying, so, thanks xD

Mr. Justice
  • keihan007#7641
    nbreaking wrote: »
    Also, wanted to point out, a DoD in China goes for around 15-20M... I know, i know, different playerbase, different amount of players, but still, at that price getting those shards is fairly decent, still expensive but not crazy.

You want to give source on this? I admit its been month or two since I looked into it but DoDs were 100m+ at the time on the server I have my toon on CN.

• dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    saxroll wrote: »
    https://i.imgur.com/SklHVQw.jpg

That shows current ram usage for some of the clients, they seem to vary anywhere from 50 to 400. The one at the top is obviously an open window at >1080p resolution so its consuming the 600-800 that your friend is getting, but there's no reason to keep the window open or have it at such high resolutions.

Does your friend have a video card or is he using shared/integrated VRAM?

Resolution had absolutely no effect on the ram usage we were getting - if it does anything the effect isnt noticeable. I did close the window and that too had zero effect on my ram usage. I am pretty confident he is using video card.

He did even dabble with command panel commands(d_render_forest for example) to reduce the resources clients were taking and thats how he got to 650mb.

Till you provide actual information how to accomplish these absurd low RAM numbers I`m gonna assume you are modifying the client. The other option would be you paging your ram, which would be just idiotic.

Resolution has a massive effect on ram/cpu usage. Make sure the client is in windowed mode, and login at 640x480. You can change the resolution even smaller in-game when the client is open. Make sure the windows stay closed and the RAM usage will eventually go down.

Why would I use a page file when I have 8 GB of memory still free?
  • keihan007#7641
    Resolution has a massive effect on ram/cpu usage. Make sure the client is in windowed mode, and login at 640x480. You can change the resolution even smaller in-game when the client is open. Make sure the windows stay closed and the RAM usage will eventually go down.

Oh I did all that and the effect, if there was one, was non existent.

As for your second point, I`ll just quote.
    "You can up your pagefile, fill up your ram so your clients get paged
    then close **** so ram used % goes down
    as long as you don't re-focus your clients they'll stay showing low usage
    They aren't actually using less ram in that case, it just looks like they are"

• laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    I really wish they didn't do the rp hybrid log in thing if you look and i feel really bad saying this cause pwi team and my fave kay try so hard to hook us up but this rp stuff is junk the rp for charge rewards is way better again i apologize the ideal behind rp login was a good awesome ideal the execution wasn't.

I just wish Pwi realize something that its pixel stuff don't look at it like its real money your losing espechialy if its bound to and account and you as player can't sale it ,

If you would had kept the rp prizes like before plus charge you would had been fine cause you would've encourage not just the normal cash shoppers like myself to buy but probably the non cash shopper who figure if he spent just a little cash this time plus his log in rp he get something nice and be like why not.

the ideal was awesome behind it execution came short remember pwi its just pixel items for real cash and time
  • dregenfox

You're pretty much outsmarting yourself atm...post your friend's system specs and a screen of a client and we might be able to get an idea of what's going on with his computer.

• keihan007#7641
    You're pretty much outsmarting yourself atm...post your friend's system specs and a screen of a client and we might be able to get an idea of what's going on with his computer.

LOL? I have had similar ram usages across several computers over the years in this game. He is having similar ram usages as me. But suddenly you are using 1/10 of what we are using? Your "tricks" have done literally nothing to improve the ram usage for either of us. I gave 2 options, either you are paging your ram, which you claim not to do or you are using modified client to get to those ram numbers. I`d say third option would be lying your ram usage but who on earth would bother to doctor image for it?

You are the one with the oddball ram usage numbers, not me or my friend. If there is something weird going on, its with your setup. Chances are its modified client as that massive difference just isnt really explained by pretty much anything else.

• jacobsrevenge
    jacobsrevenge Posts: 61 Arc User

i did all what u said.. RAM still woopin at 600-750mb. wondering what u did on yours 60mb-120mb RAM usage is a trick.. teach me senpai :D
  • malllliii
    malllliii Posts: 137 Arc User
    For me if the cilent is inactive, its something near 150mb-300mb. Active cilent is something around 900mb.
    RyJfkQI.png
    Youtube Channel
    "A demon's only path to joy is through suffering"
    BigBlackClock 105x3 Assassin
  • dregenfox
    edited November 2017
    malllliii wrote: »
    For me if the cilent is inactive, its something near 150mb-300mb. Active cilent is something around 900mb.

Yep that is what I'm getting as well, even less if I minimize the windows to like 200x200.

Like I've even posted screenshot proof and people still somehow QQ...or claim I'm photoshopping images because I have some agenda in lying about ram usage...the people on this board...LOL.

Again post PC specs/screenies of your client and maybe we can get somewhere.
  • kkemz
    kkemz Posts: 73 Arc User
    Unless I read it wrong on the reward page you need to buy gold and the hours that you will be online will then count as well unless I read it wrong?
  • ironpwner
    ironpwner Posts: 94 Arc User
    kkemz wrote: »
    Unless I read it wrong on the reward page you need to buy gold and the hours that you will be online will then count as well unless I read it wrong?

That'd make more sense. It was funny seeing all these peeps rage/overreact tho xD. Comes to show what the remnants of us the playerbase is mostly made of. :D
    War. War never changes. Memento mori
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    while you are having a battle over who is right, did anyone receive any RP yet?
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    So, still no RP, I know Kalyst said it was not gonna be hourly, was gonna have intervals, but at this point i'm starting to doubt it's actually working, anyone got any RP yet?

Mr. Justice
  • coinsrus
    coinsrus Posts: 131 Arc User
    Heard the first RP update would be monday.

Trying to find where that info came from though.
    Not sure if it has any credibility since I havent found the source.
  • splendideyes
    coinsrus wrote: »

no, you just completely misunderstood a post of saxroll, where he said that ppl would have enough points for a josd by monday.
  • zuza#8733
    zuza#8733 Posts: 1 New User
    login event closed?
  • coinsrus
    coinsrus Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2017

no, you just completely misunderstood a post of saxroll, where he said that ppl would have enough points for a josd by monday.

Heard it from people repeating it in pwi.
    Not here.

Not sure why you'd assume im ****?
  • splendideyes

Heard it from people repeating it in pwi.
    Not here.

Not sure why you'd assume im ****?

i didnt assume anything about yourself, since i dont know you. but clearly, whoever spreads that info on your server, did read saxrolls post. whatever.

event seems to not work, but who expected anything else?
  • nociro
    nociro Posts: 50 Arc User
    In dregenfoxs defense some of my clients seems to be all way down to 60 mb too, while others are up to 400. All closed but actually in high resulotion. Everything else is turned off though.
  • ninna321
    ninna321 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I was being hopefull @kalystconquerer#0876

Points that are being counted are glitched as expected, some people got nothing some got a bit, others got more
    its not tracking points right, dont 100% me on this but i got 6 RP means for 3hrs, what i also noticed is yesterday i relogged 3 times, so i really hope i'm just guessing but we dont actually need to relog hourly do we?

caus you didn't seem to sure about that

another thing im not 100% keeping a client inactive by putting it into corner does this affect it?
  • keihan007#7641
    ninna321 wrote: »
    I was being hopefull @kalystconquerer#0876

Points that are being counted are glitched as expected, some people got nothing some got a bit, others got more
    its not tracking points right, dont 100% me on this but i got 6 RP means for 3hrs, what i also noticed is yesterday i relogged 3 times, so i really hope i'm just guessing but we dont actually need to relog hourly do we?

caus you didn't seem to sure about that

another thing im not 100% keeping a client inactive by putting it into corner does this affect it?

I think its just random. I have relogged all the accounts I have had up at same intervals namely start of the event, PDT daily reset and again at 10am PDT when event started I now have 6 points, while other accounts are sitting at 0. It might just lag real bad when showing the points, which would explain things, or it might be broken. We`ll know more later. Then again I have relogged my main account few more times as I play 2 toons on it but you would imagine if it was working on hourly basis other accounts would have some points too.

• pao13elaiza
    pao13elaiza Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    So I was on for 24 hours and even reloged half way through the day and I just got 16 RP!... For once I foolishly thought PWE would give something nice to the people that still play this game... But nope... They f*** it up again... Inb4 new compesation code comes that give Astrobana Pearl LVL 1! But we won't know for sure what is going on yet, until they finish their turkey!
  • akuma33333
    akuma33333 Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have account on 24hours , relogged halfway too and have only 4 rp :/
  • malllliii
    malllliii Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I got a fat 0 rp . between me relogging and my constant dc I don't know how I have 0 .
    RyJfkQI.png
    Youtube Channel
    "A demon's only path to joy is through suffering"
    BigBlackClock 105x3 Assassin
  • splendideyes
    it counted till yesterday 11 am pdt. so tomorrow at 11 am pdt, you will get the points of the last 24-48
    hours.
  • kkemz
    kkemz Posts: 73 Arc User
    checked just now for the hours I was on yesterday says I have 4 points so I guess you will get them even if you don't charge anything.
  • daligali1#4897
    daligali1#4897 Posts: 19 Arc User
    0 here >:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)