Weekend NP/WS Charge promo

wibles
wibles Posts: 57 Arc User
Hi there guys,

Am I the only one concerened about this super rushed charge promo that was announced today?
A weekend promo isnt an unusual thing, but announcing the day before that NP and WS S cards will be available in charge rewards, and that you will have only one day to charge enough to afford them worries me quite a lot.
For one, the prices for these items haven't be released yet, so I am hesitant to charge anything at all towards it until I can see if I can afford it at all.
However if I wait until tomorrow to begin charging, the likelihood is high that I will hit spending limit (even if I or other people have a raised spending limit) before I can afford one of those cards-- if the past prices of guaranteed S cards is any indication of what range to even expect them to be in.

So basically, unless these cards are ridiculously cheap via spend rewards, which I would highly doubt is the case, we have had one day's notice to both prepare the cash for it, and only one day to charge it. Does anyone else not see the problem here? Why not at least given one more day's notice, or announced the prices of those items ahead of time? I can see this making people quite angry. :(

Comments

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    This promo is absolutely idiotically handled. Chances are, knowing PWE`s pricing, there is only handful of players who can charge enough in 48h period to get one NP chest due spend limits. Unless the prices of chests are actually low, like way lower than we expect, this promo is just stupid as its way too short for most ppl to charge enough even if they had the money/wanted to. Or they would have to deal with support to get their limits upped, which again is just annoying and poor planning on PWEs part. Not to mention the point you brought up, very few ppl have the amounts of money sitting around they can take at 1 days notice to afford the pricing of this game.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    This has been posted before. PWI has the ability to suspend spending limits during certain promos, and I'm pretty sure it will be removed for this one.

If not, a lot of people are going to get massively trolled.

Not that it would really matter to more than a couple people...I'm expecting at least a 1200 zen price on the NP chests on the low end, and 1800 or more on the high end.
  • tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    last black friday the 48h spending limit was removed aswell if you not plan to spend more than 3k Eur youre fine since that was the month limit wich wasnt removed. Should enough to get 2 nuema chests for the daring :)
  • keihan007#7641
    Its a good thing you can trust on PWEs pricing to make sure you have absolutely no urges to charge, lol.

• tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    I apologize , its enough for 1 nuema card not 2 :D The greed for this promo even caught me off guard and we talking about pwi here. Thanks tough doing a whole promo for the 17 people out of your customer base who might actually go for it and showing the middle finger towards the rest :)

• dregenfox
    edited November 2017
    Whoa, I was completely wrong about the pricing. $2700 for a NP chest. Really hope no one redeems anything at those prices.

Also very sketchy - PWI reduced the amount of lvl 4 glyphs you get from 5 to 1.

Really seems we are going backwards here.

At what point will even the whales finally say "enough" and give PWI a big fat middle finger?
  • chipboy
    chipboy Posts: 56 Arc User
    They announced it early hoping people would think they have to start charging the day before, because they were banking on the fact that most know of charge limits and expecting if they don't start the day before then they won't meet the amount needed. Most wouldn't have known about removed charge limits.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Does anyone even have more than 1k per 48hr limit? Nearly nobody can do this ouch. Can’t even get Incarcerate. Oh well..
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Ijs a JOSD is 200 charge points and the going price of a JOSD is 300mill

A warsong chest is 300mill ATM so logically the cards should've been max 200-250 points each...

If you are going for warsong set open 5 warsong chests and I bet you will pull an incacerate, I personally pulled both of mine in the first two I opened.
  • coinsrus
    coinsrus Posts: 131 Arc User
    Guess the rumors I heard about pwi loosing 20k$ this week might have been true
  • keihan007#7641
    edited November 2017
    nunuator wrote: »
    Ijs a JOSD is 200 charge points and the going price of a JOSD is 300mill

A warsong chest is 300mill ATM so logically the cards should've been max 200-250 points each...

If you are going for warsong set open 5 warsong chests and I bet you will pull an incacerate, I personally pulled both of mine in the first two I opened.

I have opened 12 chests on my alt and yet to see incacerate so its really dependant on luck. I know a friend opened 15 chests before giving up and just got morai set.

Edit: I do agree the pricing on WS set is ludicrous. A chests are 30 point and I dont see any reason to not just pump those over picking a singular WS A card. Had Incacerate been reasonably priced, I would of dropped money to get it but as it wasnt, I`m not charging for this kind of garbage promo.

• soulstormer
    soulstormer Posts: 61 Arc User
    These promos are just becoming a joke now. 2.7K for a card! They are really out of touch with it lol. That will only cater to those who could get the recent wealthy titles.
    they might as well bring back those roulette type promos back since they know people like to gamble with the never ending pack sales.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    I mentioned this in another thread so I'll drop this here, since I know this is a pretty big deal -
    Hello!

As other users have mentioned you can have it manually raised by support. Or, during certain periods (like title specific Bonus Zen) the limits will be raised across the board. The Charge limits are in place most likely to prevent fraud.

I just got home from the office and realized too late that the standard Charge Limit per day has probably shut people out of the promo and/or buying stuff from the Cash Shop for the special one day update. I'll be talking with the team on Monday to discuss what we are able to do for the Charge Rewards aspect of it. If you feel like you missed out on today's Cash Shop sales, however, don't worry! Black Friday is just around the corner so there will be plenty of deals to be had!

It was difficult to say the least in getting any sort of greenlight on these items back into promos - and yes before you ask, I was in discussions with CN about this promo before it went live, so it's not like it's suddenly behind their backs or anything. Obviously there was some concessions I had to make with this one, but as time goes on, I should hopefully be able to continue to get these items out as I have always been able to do with any sought after items (Ancient Gifts, Bloods etc.) I can't comment on what future promos will contain or guarantee anything, but this is ultimately my hope. I will say there will be some exciting stuff coming this month, so keep an eye out for those announcements in the coming weeks!

Side note - There was a roulette type Charge Promo during Elysium but it was meant as a one time thing and was built and codded by the CN team.
  • wibles
    wibles Posts: 57 Arc User
    I mentioned this in another thread so I'll drop this here, since I know this is a pretty big deal -
    Hello!

Obviously there was some concessions I had to make with this one, but as time goes on, I should hopefully be able to continue to get these items out as I have always been able to do with any sought after items (Ancient Gifts, Bloods etc.) I can't comment on what future promos will contain or guarantee anything, but this is ultimately my hope.

Can I just ask if you could clarify what you mean when you say "these items"?
    Does this refer to the Warsong set cards, or also the NP cards?
    I was pretty much under the impression that NP cards were totally denied by CN, and I figured this promo, with its super short time frame, steep prices, and short notice was possibly the compromise between CN not wanting NP promos to be too accessible, and the players who felt the end to the past NP promos was handled unfairly and wanted an opportunity to get the card the last cycle had lacked. So I kinda figured this was the last hurrah of NP.
    Are you saying that "these items" could eventually come around again?
  • blazerboy
    @kaylstconquerer#0876 no offense but this promo was a bad joke. 1100 for an Incarcerate is just insane. A year or two ago in spend promo it was up there for 800g which imo was easy since you can just buy gold with coin. You would think okay hey a charge promo atleast ppl using real money not just getting around the system let’s put it up 800g charge promo or atleast make it 2 points per gold but a insane 1100 for 1 S cards that isn’t even NP then put A cards for 1k? I just laughed and went to bed. This is poor marketing, idk anyone who even considered going for this but congrats anyone who did. 800g charge that’s a lot but still manageable 1100 is just insane to ask for 1 S card let alone the 2700 for NP. Nearly nobody had a charge limit this high, and though you forgot about it which isn’t really the issue these things happen it’s just sheer rediculous pricing of said items. Atleast 600-800 for WS S and 1800 for NP would be considered it’s like CN if they gave you the price weren’t even trying to let you do this in the first place...

Quick side note, the cash shop for the past 3yrs has been the same for Black Friday nothing ever really interesting besides pigment sales general summers tokens and medals of glory,you can argue profaned woods but 18g when the average server price is like 20m less no thanks. Please don’t try to hype up stuff we already know will be there it’s never exciting it’s just predictable after this blunder by the marketing team I doubt Black Friday will be a considerable consolation.
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    LOL @ what China thinks these cards are worth.
  • samoa#5635
    samoa#5635 Posts: 1 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876

Incident :When stopping NP promos abruptly you said that PWCN estimated normal S card is worth 2300 $.. So we cant continue anymore.. Too much pressure from PWCN. I mean we understand, you are just an employee. You cant go against your own company.
    Fact : Catalyst off sale are 4Gold/$ for 10. so 400$ for 100 S cards which on average will fetch you 2 S cards (2%chance) putting one S card at 200$. But forget this Chance pack. You guys put S chest in charge promo for 600 points weeks after you stopped NP promo. What happened to 2300$ per S card excuse suddenly :dizzy: Later again S chest for 450 points/$.. LAUGHABLE. and Again for 800G in SPEND promos..

Incident : You guys broke whole PWI market by introducing Fortune keys with Foils for 18 gold, containing huge amount of coins, spammed by already rich merchants. To solve this, YOU said, you talked to PWCN and Fortune keys will now be on sale for 30G for 100.. which felt reasonable.
    Fact: 2 weeks later barely, you guys brought Fortune keys for 18G for 100 and then again few weeks later for 18G for 100.. :D amazing

Incident : AH is blocked atm making it really hard for normal players to buy gold from it. Making PWI economy worse.

Fact : You guys increased limit of coins put in AH from 200m to 1 bil.. Making it harder for everyone to buy gold.. Its not the 4m/gold limit.. its your amazing 1bil at once in AH per account move which has blocked AH.

And then this 2700$ for NP chest move.. :D Greed is real.. But yeah keep at it.. *slow claps*
  • madonna89
    madonna89 Posts: 40 Arc User
    samoa#5635 wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876

Incident :When stopping NP promos abruptly you said that PWCN estimated normal S card is worth 2300 $.. So we cant continue anymore.. Too much pressure from PWCN. I mean we understand, you are just an employee. You cant go against your own company.
    Fact : Catalyst off sale are 4Gold/$ for 10. so 400$ for 100 S cards which on average will fetch you 2 S cards (2%chance) putting one S card at 200$. But forget this Chance pack. You guys put S chest in charge promo for 600 points weeks after you stopped NP promo. What happened to 2300$ per S card excuse suddenly :dizzy: Later again S chest for 450 points/$.. LAUGHABLE. and Again for 800G in SPEND promos..

Incident : You guys broke whole PWI market by introducing Fortune keys with Foils for 18 gold, containing huge amount of coins, spammed by already rich merchants. To solve this, YOU said, you talked to PWCN and Fortune keys will now be on sale for 30G for 100.. which felt reasonable.
    Fact: 2 weeks later barely, you guys brought Fortune keys for 18G for 100 and then again few weeks later for 18G for 100.. :D amazing

Incident : AH is blocked atm making it really hard for normal players to buy gold from it. Making PWI economy worse.

Fact : You guys increased limit of coins put in AH from 200m to 1 bil.. Making it harder for everyone to buy gold.. Its not the 4m/gold limit.. its your amazing 1bil at once in AH per account move which has blocked AH.

And then this 2700$ for NP chest move.. :D Greed is real.. But yeah keep at it.. *slow claps*

was about to pretty much write the same ... stupid doiuble morale standards....

• inzain93
    inzain93 Posts: 45 Arc User
    Please stop the Nuema Portal promos. Putting the strongest card set in charge/spend promos was one of the worst mistakes ever made by Perfect World Entertainment. You could literally have added any other card set but Nuema Portal set...

And remove Spirit Blackhole from Assassin/Duskblade class weapons while you are at it.
  • blazerboy
    @Inzain93 that’s fine if they remove GoF from arcanes class weapons and make sure seekers can’t get 80 defense level weapons. Do that if you’re ganna basically rob ppl of weapons hey worked hard/ paid a lot for. As for @samoa#5635 I know it’s not Kaly fault but he/she pretty much summed Pwi moral compass in a short post lol
  • dregenfox
    edited November 2017
    blazerboy wrote: »
    @Inzain93 that’s fine if they remove GoF from arcanes class weapons and make sure seekers can’t get 80 defense level weapons. Do that if you’re ganna basically rob ppl of weapons hey worked hard/ paid a lot for. As for @samoa#5635 I know it’s not Kaly fault but he/she pretty much summed Pwi moral compass in a short post lol

GoF is an average 20% damage boost. Purge procs are an average 120% damage boost. They don't really compare, but I'd gladly take that trade.

Anyway, it seems like PWI got tired of all the people charging gold and spending money on the game, so they decided to put a stop to it. At least we know what's been going on.

I have hope that they'll actually put something worthwhile for black friday, but in all honesty their idea of an "amazing deal" is probably to give us a 1x S chest spend promo for 2200 gold (and for 1 day only, you can redeem this an UNLIMITED number of times! Yes, we're CRAZY!).
  • glay4fun
    glay4fun Posts: 87 Arc User
    samoa#5635 wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876

Why the bloody hell i came back? To pay a decent cars price for a card set? How about china? do they also have 2300$ for s card? I bet not. Trow 10$ at PWE and tell them to stfu about those prices IF its chinas initiative >.>

• keihan007#7641
    glay4fun wrote: »

Why the bloody hell i came back? To pay a decent cars price for a card set? How about china? do they also have 2300$ for s card? I bet not. Trow 10$ at PWE and tell them to stfu about those prices IF its chinas initiative >.>

From what I heard, CN had NP promo, cant remember if it was charge or spend promo but the price tag was the 1,2k gold, like our spend promos used to be. The thing is though, due USD being a lot stronger, they paid bout 200 bucks/card. But different markets so hard to compare. The 2,3k USD/Card is just ludicrous though.

• hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    and another keysale, who is managing this company?
  • keihan007#7641
    hoshichan wrote: »
    and another keysale, who is managing this company?

Yea, prolly 2 week sale too to match with Black Friday but this **** has to stop cause its just ludicrous how it breaks the economy.