7 year break..Info overload :.(

Options
shmloe
shmloe Posts: 9 Arc User
So I got a random itch to DL thi game agian and try to remember my info.. Well im all set up, go tmy old character and went into game.. I am soo lost its not even funny. Its been soo long I feel like I should just start over or move on lol. 7 years is a massive break in a MMO game like this, I expected to be a big old noob but there is sooo much going on in this game i feel liek it is impossiable to pick up where I left off.

I am a lvl 77 archer. I plan on looking into the archer class for skill sets ( there is so man skills to use !) My build looks liek full Dex so I think im basically a weak glass cannon lol.. Tried to do some quest I had but I think ill need a party as I got owned by the mobs.

Any how - looking for any tips / suggestions. I guess Ill jsut start trygin to get to 100 ( majority of advice from players in game ) If I cant get caught up Im guessing ill re roll.

TIA

Comments

• kwyl
    kwyl Posts: 117 Arc User
    Options
    I know how you feel. I've got an 85 veno that I'm playing. I played very regularly in the early days but left when the expansions were out of my reach. I try to come back at least for anni every year and keep my client updated but I can't catch up either. The info on the new content is sometimes hard to find. Other times non-existent. I use the wiki, database, forums and random blogs to search and if I am still stumped I'll ask in forums or wc. Everything seems to be geared toward super high levels. Good luck. I hope you get some advice that helps.
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Options
    shmloe wrote: »
    Any how - looking for any tips / suggestions. I guess Ill jsut start trygin to get to 100 ( majority of advice from players in game ) If I cant get caught up Im guessing ill re roll.

Nah, don't reroll. That'll just put you back to square one. From my experience, it's best to push forward. Almost any progress is good progress, so just grind your levels, quest, and (cautiously)cultivate your gear and skills. It helps to join a faction so you aren't going in blind.

I've been in your boat. Hell, my main is STILL level 92 non-RB. =p But I'm gaining a lot of experience and knowledge thanks to the fac I'm in. Hope things work out for you too. Good luck!
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    orangeitis wrote: »
    shmloe wrote: »

Nah, don't reroll. That'll just put you back to square one. From my experience, it's best to push forward. Almost any progress is good progress, so just grind your levels, quest, and (cautiously)cultivate your gear and skills. It helps to join a faction so you aren't going in blind.

I've been in your boat. Hell, my main is STILL level 92 non-RB. =p But I'm gaining a lot of experience and knowledge thanks to the fac I'm in. Hope things work out for you too. Good luck!

No, if he has an old character that is just lvl77 he NEEDS to start over cause else he is missing all the perks and bonus stuff new characters now get in this game.

@shmloe Most certainly start a new character. Level 77 is literally nothing to be honest. Now as a starting character you also get great gears...gears that most certainly are even better compared to what your toon is wearing right now :D
  • orangeitis
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    No, if he has an old character that is just lvl77 he NEEDS to start over cause else he is missing all the perks and bonus stuff new characters now get in this game.
    Perks? Bonuses? Like what? An exclusive lowbie Aerogear from the Celestial Vale? An accessory set that can easily be replaced by QSM gear, even for the +exp bonus? A few extra goodies from leveling up in which he can get elsewhere anyway?

None are worth starting over. It's best that he continue being 77 and marching on.
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    @shmloe Most certainly start a new character. Level 77 is literally nothing to be honest. Now as a starting character you also get great gears...gears that most certainly are even better compared to what your toon is wearing right now :D
    One trip into Quicksand Maze can get him things that are far better than any gear he can pick up along the way back to 77. It'd be a waste of time for him, and to be quite frank, a pretty careless suggestion on your behalf.
  • wolvesoflife
    wolvesoflife Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    im redownloading the game right now and in my profile it says i started in 2008. only played maybe a year on and off due to little bro hogging computer time as baby of the family. I know i was under lvl 30 barb as i still hadnt gotten the flying gear for that class. the highest restriction of the then three races. point is i havent played in about as long as the main poster. will my character even still be there?
  • orangeitis
    Options
    ^ your character should still be there, but there has been a server merge since the old days, so the server you played on isn't there; your character will be on a newer server.
  • wolvesoflife
    Options
    oh cool. thanks
  • wolvesoflife
    Options
    so just checked.... must have too much inactivity or too many merges but i have no characters at all. gonna miss my barb and elf
  • jsxshadow
    Options
    @orangeitis Dunno how it is on your server..but finding someone to run QSM for you is nearly impossible. I always give suggestions based on what he can have if he plays completely only. True, I haven't been playing with other people for anything for years now but if a new player is forced to buy telies and has to spam WC for hours just to find someone to farm QSM with...tbh I'd rather quit before doing that xD

Also not sure about the treasure chest rewards. I had some older characters and they did not get any of the very good initial treasure chest level rewards. They are definitely worth to not be missed for any player.

Even for newbies..starting the game out..you need max 3-4 days (or 7 hours) to be at lvl 70 again since they have boosted the EXP you gain very, very much from regular quests. Also, don't forget that it will be alot easier for people to come back to the game if they are not just thrown back into it and instead learn their class anew from the very beginning.
  • orangeitis
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @jsxshadow Even then, he probably should keep his level 77 character if only to do Jones quests and make a new one. See which one is worth keeping himself. If he can get into a faction that runs QSM for each other, his old character will probably have an edge(or at least proper gear to hunt serpents for Jones). Also, half of the QSM gear can be made with mats from the old FB dungeons.

Though we're probably discussing in vain here. It's been a few days and he probably already made up his mind.
  • jsxshadow
    Options
    @orangeitis That is very true. I can actually recommend for any player to instantly start out multi-clienting and roll another support class at the same time. Takes a bit longer, sure, but you get double rewards, most quests can be finished together and need to rely alot less on other (non-existing) people in your level-range. Also, you can leave the char in Jolly-Quest range if you don't wanna continue with the hassle of playing 2 at once. Win-Win.

But yeah, this thread i most likely dead already :D
  • shmloe
    shmloe Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    I re rolled - not goign to delete my 77, but since I re rolled im like lvl 60 now almost where my main was in a very short time. I think re rolling was the best option. + My main was merged - EU server. Im not in EU as Im in California lol so I felt there woudl be lag or issues with time zone. So far im much more happy with the re roll. Only thing that sux is the gold / coins / items I bought on my main. Oh well.
  • orangeitis
    Options
    Congrats that you're back on track! =D Glad things worked out for you.
  • spideera
    spideera Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    Kinda in the same boat. I've been gone for about 4 years, (92 cleric).. logged in and was thrown onto another map (noo idea how I got there) and now I'm stuck. Any idea how I get back to Plume? I don't think I'm ready for Neverfall.. It took me more than 30 min to remember how to fly! LOL Please help, I feel like such a noob again hahaha wow! Thanks :)
  • orangeitis
    Options
    ^ you might be in Morai. If so, just find a Morai Teleporter and accept her quest to port you back to Perfect World.
  • spideera
    spideera Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    Thanks so much, .. now to figure out how to play again hahaha