Faction Battle, Anybody tried it yet? What is it?

patupapa
patupapa Posts: 39 Arc User
With the lastest content expansion. PWE introduced a new PVP feature called "Faction Battle" (This is not TW or xTW).
So I wanted to ask if there is more info about it? The Faction Battle interface got a quick Q&A, But sadly it lkaves several holes open.

1.- What's the reward?
2.- How long does it last?
3.- Can the faction that gets invited, reject it?
and several others...

image.png

Comments

• phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    I wonder if this is a revamp of the old faction base wars.​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited October 2017
    Nope not been tried.

Would be interested to have a look at a you Tube video on this.
    I wonder if this is a revamp of the old faction base wars.​​

They never made these working because they could not get it working correctly. so could be...
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    heero200 wrote: »
    Nope not been tried.

Would be interested to have a look at a you Tube video on this.
    I wonder if this is a revamp of the old faction base wars.

They never made these working because they could not get it working correctly. so could be...
    yeah i wasn't around when they released. I remember reading the news about it a lot though. It seemed like a super sweet idea.​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Aren’t they expanding on this in the next major update? I’m surprised we still dunno what this truly is, just goes to show how diff our versions is
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I know two factions on twilight temple tried it out when those scrolls just got put into boutique. There was a system message saying something about this faction have x kills and other faction have x kills. I assumed its just pk related but i dont know for sure. Also im not a member of the factions that did it.
    I might have a screenshot somewhere deep in my folders....
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited October 2017
    Ah yes, I do remember one of the Twilight Temple battles, though I was not involved in them. I don't quite remember how it works 100% but in short it's just "organized PK" with no rewards at the end except bragging rights since it will show kills/deaths at the end.

A faction's leader or director can use a Battle Invitation to declare a battle against another faction. They pick a day, time, and location (location doesn't actually matter that much, but helps organize things I guess). They can also choose a declaration message and all of this stuff will go on system chat when the declaration goes through.

The defending faction leader or director has until the given day/time to respond - they can accept or reject the invitation. Accepting will cost 5m coins, while rejecting costs nothing. I believe they can also choose a response message as well. A system message will go out once they do respond regardless of whether they accept or reject the invitation. I don't quite know what happens when the defending faction simply ignores an invitation, it could be rejection by default.

The battle itself lasts 2 hours from the day/time that was organized in the initial invitation, and a system message will go out stating the number of people each faction has to fight and such. The location actually does not matter that much; you can PK anywhere on the map if you wish. If a faction leader is killed a system message will go out saying who killed them. During the battle both factions can check the kill/death count as well, filtered by overall and by individual person (I think?)

As for whether it functions exactly the same as regular PK (like item drops and such), I'm not 100% sure but I think it functions all the same way - have to be in PK mode, can drop items, etc.

Allied factions can supposedly help during these Faction Battles, but they first have to "sign up" to assist, which can be done in the Declaration window under the Alliance tab. I don't exactly know how this part works though since there weren't any allied factions in the one battle I witnessed.

That info above might not be completely accurate but hopefully explains the gist of things. You can also see a lot of this info in the Declaration window by clicking the question mark to the top-right of the window, it explains most of it there as well. If you've got any other questions feel free to ask and I can poke someone who did the faction battles.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    @obielle ty for the info but this sounds absolutely useless until we get a cross server version which I think china just got? That would be atleast fun for a few days until everyone quit on it for lvl of cash rewards
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    blazerboy wrote: »
    @obielle ty for the info but this sounds absolutely useless until we get a cross server version which I think china just got? That would be atleast fun for a few days until everyone quit on it for lvl of cash rewards

IDK about useless. I would be willing to pay good money to hear the duke shout

"Let it be known that ETERNITY has been slain by a member of Crisis!"

spammed in world chat multiple times.

Unfortunately I think if we declared a war both factions would just camp SZ for two hours.
  • patupapa
    patupapa Posts: 39 Arc User
    The fact invitation can be refused... sounds ridiculous. It costs 5 gold. U should be able to accept or pay a really high penalty for cowardy.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    patupapa wrote: »
    The fact invitation can be refused... sounds ridiculous. It costs 5 gold. U should be able to accept or pay a really high penalty for cowardy.

LOL agreed

Tho if it's a miss matched faction then you can understand it really.