Fox form skill trouble

Options
kwyl
kwyl Posts: 117 Arc User
So I finally decided to experiment with fox form and I must be doing it wrong. The transform skill has a 6 sec cooldown and the debuffs don't stack so I'm unsure how to make the best use of the form. If I want to use amp damage do I then just run around for 3+ seconds until I can switch back? Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Fox Form skills are great for team play, but they aren't always necessary when you're playing solo. If you are new to Venomancers, I suggest reading the Venomancer Guide to Skills to get a basic idea of how the skills work or how they can be used.

In general, you go in Fox Form to use Amplify Damage on bosses to allow your team to deal more damage (or just yourself and your pet if you're playing solo). After that, wait for the cooldown to switch back. Venomancers generally wait in Fox Form before a boss battle starts so they can use Amplify at the beginning and quickly switch form to deal damage. If you're only killing mobs, then Amplify is not necessary since you'll probably kill them fast enough with just spells.

At higher levels and/or cultivations Venomancers get a few additional skills or new effects on their existing skills to use while in Fox Form so the cooldown becomes less of a problem.
    ​​
  • kwyl
    Options
    Thank you for the reply. I consulted the link you provided and feel kind of silly for not knowing what proc or seal means. It uses those two terms a few times and I consulted other descriptions of those skills to try to figure out the meanings to no avail. I am level 85 now but I hit 80 many years ago. I had played pretty regularly from the beginning but when the expansion content started outleveling me I had to back off. I did receive the pills this anni but am not sure if I should take at least the peri. The game seems to become more complicated and involved with each expansion. I spend more time on the web looking stuff up than I do playing and oftentimes I find the info to be outdated or incomplete. I still haven't totally learned genies and now there's homesteads and new lands and I don't know what else. I can't catch up or keep up. It's like a bad Masters class you will fail unless you know the professor personally. I don't know what to do. :'(
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The PWI gamepedia (from the link I posted above) is updated on a regular basis, but due to the lack of manpower we still have some pages with outdated information. We'll usually have a warning banner at the top of the page if there is outdated information on it. Just be careful when you use Google to search for things. I don't know why, but Google tends to show results from the old PWI wiki (which is outdated) instead of the new PWI gamepedia.

"Proc" and "proccing" is used to describe whenever a random gaming item or skill activates. Some skills have chance-based effects that may or may not activate when you use them. For example, Lucky Scarab has a 95% chance to stun the enemy. When the effect works, people say the skill proc'd. When the effect doesn't work, people say the skill didn't proc. Proc is also used to refer to the effect of skills so "Ironwood proc" would simply mean "the skill effect of Ironwood Scarab which applies a debuff that reduces physical defence".

Seal is a status which prevents a player or a mob from using skills. They can still move, but they cannot use any skills. We have a Status Icon Reference page which contains all the status effects (both positive and negative). I understand spending so much time reading things is not very fun though.

It would help if you could find a friendly faction that could help you out throughout your journey, and give you tips/information on the go as you play. It's okay to take your time with things though. Don't feel like you have to rush and catch up with everyone or that you have to learn everything as fast as possible.

​​
  • kwyl
    Options
    Thank you again. I can't really be dependable for a faction though. I have a lot of RL responsibilities that may cause me to log out quickly or keep me from honoring a commitment to participate. I even started my own just so I would quit getting invites. This is why I chose veno in the first place. It was supposed to be a solo class. It didn't pan out that way though. Squads are still needed for many things and I find often nobody is interested in helping kill a random world boss. BH's are a little easier to get help on but it sucks to have to quit in the middle of a run because I have to attend to something IRL. I guess I'll just kill what I can and not really worry about leveling or endgame stuff since it doesn't look like I'll get anywhere alone. It's too bad for me because I enjoyed my first 80 or so levels immensely. I only needed a squad for FB's. Oh well. Thanks again.