Blood Vow should NOT overwrite Heaven's Flame

asterelle
asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
The archer skill Blood Vow is a 30s damage amp of 25% that overwrites Blademaster's Heaven's Flame 9s of 100% amp.
In PVP this doesn't matter much because of how infrequently HF is used (in group PVP BMs concentrate a lot more on stunning and disarming than on damage amps) but it turns out to be a huge problem in group PVE.

Because the BM amp is 4 times stronger it is risky to ever cast Blood Vow in a squad PVE setting because of the chance to overwrite HF. The only time it would be ok to use it if you are sure all BMs have cast their HFs already and the Dustblades have already cast their mirrored version of HF. In practice you almost never get to use BV.

Almost all other classes have strong class exclusive amps that do not conflict with other classes. The only ones that dont as far as I know are Barbarian Wizard and Psychic. Barbarian is useful as a tank for all the bosses that are programmed to one-shot non-barb classes and Wizard / Psychic have extremely good synergy with Seeker debuffs that allow them to deliver extremely high damage 2 or 3 times higher than what archer can do.

Currently having archers in a squad is considered a liability. Archer is in the unique position of having mediocre damage in a squad setting and no buffs and no debuffs to contribute. In theory we could contribute by using maximum HP reduction skills but all bosses are immune to that debuff for some stupid reason and even if they weren't a veno can usually cast a stronger one. If we could just use Blood Vow we would be able to contribute a modestly useful debuff.

I see no good reason for Blood Vow to overwrite Heaven's Flame when there are so many debuffs out there that other classes use that are both stronger than Blood Vow and can properly stack. If Blood Vow were allowed to stack with Heaven's Flame archer would be able to contribute as much as other classes (though still less than most).​​

Comments

• cbmelo97
    cbmelo97 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I've been playing as an archer in Perfect World since 2011 (in PWI since 2015 only). In the beginning, archers had tremendous advantage and were very necessary in instances such as FC, or TT due to sharpen tooth, aoe, so on. i had a fair and meaningful role in PvE squads, I made a difference been in those squads. It seems to me, however, somewhere along the line, archers were completely nerfed. As a consequence, nowadays, archers ARE a liability in instances like DH and UP: no meaningful buffs, no meaningful debuffs, and the damage compared to other classes, per second and overall, is not enough so that people would actually look for archers in a squad instead of calling an SB, Seeker, so on. Is that so that i bet no one here will ever see a squad on wc "LF ARCHER." Politely, guild friends will take me with them. Otherwise, archers are only invited to squads if they ALREADY have extremely good gear, refine, and stones. Honestly, isnt the purpose of instances to allow you to FARM endgame gear, cards, glyphs, so on? This makes extremely hard to farm if you are absolutely negligible in a squad and have no significant buff or advantage over other classes. I should just rename my char to Filler. This is PvE wise.

PvP wise, i can't say much simply because i got tired of going PvP as an archer, overtime. I've watched every other class take huge leaps to progress their pvp, meanwhile archers biggest leaps were the actual freaking right and left leaps... (sigh) It seems to me there are a thousand ways for other classes to combo stun, lock, silence and to flee, regen, increase defense tremendously or immune... i literally survive in PvP - unless its svs or tw and im not the focus. Arena and small PvPs, im not even gonna try and explain what a struggle it is - ill let thr fact that arena is empty, and ammount of archers participating when its not, speak for itself

Those who understand game mechanics know archers were excessively nerfed, is that so that i constantly hear jokes about archers in PvP and PvE. Our only advantages, are no longer. Our most valued debuff - cant be used on 99% of the bosses (sharpen tooth skill to lower hp) or like astrelle said: "even if we could, venos could decrease more." I heard archers were nerfed to this point "because in PWCN archers are full [np + g17 items im guessing]." I have no idea if this is true or not - all i know is that i really wish archers arent overlooked by the staff next big expansion. I dont know til what point pwi staff can do something about it, but i hope they can.

"Maybe" (11/10 was) it was to make people change toons to new classes and have to invest more on this game :D but lets say pwi (or pwcn) was trying to play good guy greg and excessively nerfing archers to balance PvE and PvP for magic classes, they failed tremendously - its VERY unbalanced. EVERY class in this game has a huge advantage over archers.

PS: evasion doesnt even work.... (sigh x9283728737272727377282818189394983727373828)

Edit: I guess what i want to say with all this is: what u said, asterelle, and most of what i said, are symptoms of a nerfed class. The real problem, that cause this nerfing in excess, i dont know. But i do agree with you: it needs change. Archers are such nice toons to play... in every game i always played as archer. I hope pwi (or CN or whoever really has the final say on how this game evolves) staff changes things for us. Or else they will lose a player. Unfortunately, my patience has a limit. As much as i enjoy this game, its not the only one in the shelf. :(
  • asterelle
    Rather than complain about everything I'm intentionally limiting the suggestion to this one change cause I think there can be a strong consensus here. This won't affect PVP and will help archers properly contribute in PVE content. Currently archers are a liability in PVE squads without much to contribute.​​
  • cbmelo97
    cbmelo97 Posts: 16 Arc User
    You are totally right: the more objective the better. I truly hope it does reach a consensus regarding archers role in PvE. Will keep in touch. Waiting for staff to make a statement.
  • asterelle
    @kalystconquerer#0876
    Any word on this? This is a targeted change that I think the devs may be receptive towards. Can you bring it up to them?
    ​​
  • wildz2
    wildz2 Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I'm currently starting as an archer and I was trying to figure out how to debuff on a boss...guess I found my answer :/

Although it raises a few questions for me;
    1- Sage Stormrage Eagledon reduces magical and physical defenses by 50%.

Seems to be an archer exclusive debuff as far as I can tell/cant be overwritten or overwrite anything. (is it?)

And is it somewhat effective? (I'm not really used to the mechanics and maths of pwi but "technically" should be better than the 25% from bloodvow no?)

2-Sage Thunder Shock wich reduces metal resistance by 50% seems not too bad, I used it while dualing my cleric.
    Other than cleric and SB, does it benefit any other classes who have metal damage? (Seekers? But then I think they have a better debuff for metal?)
  • kokoot
    kokoot Posts: 55 Arc User
    Lol archers are getting glyphed knockback arrow for PvE. Thats enough. God why developers hate us so much ?