How to make money on new update?

iamnotnormal
iamnotnormal Posts: 66 Arc User
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
non r9 edition?
i tried making jolly toons. its just so darn tedious. i don't have all the time in the world.
im doing part time job + culinary training/school
so i can't play 24/7.
i need to be put in the right direction or i will prolly just give up playing.
not full g16 missing the robe
102 rb2 sin twilight sky 2
twilight temple
only +5 daggers -
i got 10k atk
11k def and 12k mdef.
i can solo earth pav but its so tedious i wont get 1m per day I lost in FSD.
i seriously need the 1m per day.
not gonna do the 5 coins fsd - tt people only buys coins for abt 50-75k atm. i don't know if its gonna go up since basically fsd gives several c packs and 5k rep that i dont really need.
now. i basically just want to get my dagger +10 to make things a little better on my weak damage dealing.

Comments

• bulletman
    bulletman Posts: 32 Arc User
    you are right it really hard to make money on pwi after new update that 1m from fsd help alot of ppl to get some better stuff but as a farmer that did farm all of my gear i got some stuff you can still use not like fsd but still good

1-open 3-2 TT Normal mode (Dosent Need sub) solo that boss drop Sorceress's Soul (Deathflow: Vacuity) he is easy
    2-do lower lvl TT1-3 1-2 some run will make you over a mil but you wont be able to get that in a sec like fsd put up a catshop
    3-when you were able to do ws farm badges make G16 even if you buy all mats you still can make 5 mil per piece or you can get gold from 3-2 make TT99 arms die in nw get canny make g15 farm it to g16 thats 30m

and more if i know what kind of gear you have but still soloing isent really fun it was fun to make money with squad changeing fsd for our version was really bad idea since not everyone can do up/dh or solo ws to make money......(i can do them all but if we lose player who am i gonna play with.........)
  • wildz2
    wildz2 Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Dont go in TT solo mode lol.
    Drop rates are stupid low.

You can probably handle squad mode TT3-2 with your lvl and gear.
    (Maybe not, I'm used to APS, hard to visualise how you'd do in there)

->Sell FC heads.
    can probably make 1m pretty quick.
    (Especially with a sin just stealthing through half the instance).

->TT1-1 squad mode, easy drops quick instance, takes about 10min for a newbie sin, Chientien's Edge and broken drums sell for about 50-100k each on my server (5-6 drops per runs)
    *Only kill 1st and last boss, 2nd boss's drops are mostly useless to sell and a waste of time*
  • asdkhfkj#7492
    asdkhfkj#7492 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    bulletman meant squad mode, but on Medium bosses to avoid using any subs. Solo mode always takes subs and isn't worth the time.

3-2 on Medium bosses still has Deathflow and Minister for gold mats.

2-3 on High bosses is also good money if you're willing to walk an alt through it to get Soulripper and Astralwalker. The green mats from those two sell fairly well.

1-1 should only ever be opened on Medium bosses unless you're doing the OHT quests. Opening it on High bosses takes a sub but doesn't give any extra mats worth selling.

And even though it probably won't take long for the prices to fall, AEU and EU can be profitable right now since they give skill books. Do them as much as you can and sell the skill books.
  • wildz2
    wildz2 Posts: 91 Arc User
    bulletman meant squad mode, but on Medium bosses to avoid using any subs. Solo mode always takes subs and isn't worth the time.
    haaa makes more sense lol
    My bad.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Sorry for the direct words but I suggest you just quit the game.

IF you plan on fully F2P this game with just 1 character and you are badly missing 1m coins every day...I hate to break it to you but for your own good...better quit the game. You will not find much enjoyment with that low of an income...I currently only make like 10m a day and it's excruciating for me cause that is literally no money at all in the current meta xD

Good old days in which I could make several hundreds of millions a day... QQ
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Unless you have a lot of time to play the game its hard to be a free player.

One think I do say to people tho is it does cost money to run the systems / servers. It never hurts to put a little into something you enjoy, Just with reason.

Its possible to F2P but its got harder... Mats cant be traded / have no value / can get from in game...

Your find a way if you work at it it just takes some working.
  • iamnotnormal
    iamnotnormal Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    in fcc i have to kill the bosses right? to get to the heads part?
    well. i tried to solo the boss which you have to kill the elemental thingy., if you kill only a few of them the boss will be frenzy. i'm not interval sin. .. it took me about 10 mins to get his hp to half. and the boss deals some debuffs which causes like total intervention state (i can't move or atk(prolly coz of my range), and just have a dot damage ticking(this damge is insane when u let it stay.)had to use crab dumplings when my hp goes to atleast 3/4) another thing is the nerf to tidal really hit hard. in 2 mins my hp went down to half. i dont really know what im doing wrong. its just that i can't kill this boss fast enough so i wont waste crabs and charm.

that aside. another thing i have worry about is the starchart items. darn. these things are expensive.
    transmutation thingy cost me about 1m. 3 level of starchart . didnt get any astropira. after that. my starchart is stuck.. it will prolly wont level anymore. well i only have 9m left. if i do ws it will prolly take a long time before i can sell manufacturing service. ...so yeah im really out of options. ...
    idk., ......
    i will not sell overpriced skill books coz i experienced the same thing. 100m twinstrike and puncture wounds is just something else (i still dont have those books). when i get books i dont need i just give it to people.

prolly just gonna quit. idk.
    i will try to play for a few days and see what my options are.
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    in fcc i have to kill the bosses right? to get to the heads part?
    well. i tried to solo the boss which you have to kill the elemental thingy., if you kill only a few of them the boss will be frenzy. i'm not interval sin. .. it took me about 10 mins to get his hp to half. and the boss deals some debuffs which causes like total intervention state (i can't move or atk(prolly coz of my range), and just have a dot damage ticking(this damge is insane when u let it stay.)had to use crab dumplings when my hp goes to atleast 3/4) another thing is the nerf to tidal really hit hard. in 2 mins my hp went down to half. i dont really know what im doing wrong. its just that i can't kill this boss fast enough so i wont waste crabs and charm.

that aside. another thing i have worry about is the starchart items. darn. these things are expensive.
    transmutation thingy cost me about 1m. 3 level of starchart . didnt get any astropira. after that. my starchart is stuck.. it will prolly wont level anymore. well i only have 9m left. if i do ws it will prolly take a long time before i can sell manufacturing service. ...so yeah im really out of options. ...
    idk., ......
    i will not sell overpriced skill books coz i experienced the same thing. 100m twinstrike and puncture wounds is just something else (i still dont have those books). when i get books i dont need i just give it to people.

prolly just gonna quit. idk.
    i will try to play for a few days and see what my options are.

Well, there's several things here you can improve instead of giving up:
    1. You could get your skills, I'm not sure if twin strike and puncture wound come from EU/AEU now, but even if they don't, there's other skills you can improve, EU and AEU give FREE books now after you finish a run.

2. If the 2nd boss is giving you trouble, you could try to use pots and stuff if needed (like IG and stuff, but the free ones from Magnier in the Western Steppes), if you're not at the point where you can get those free pots then keep doing your primal dailies until you can.

3. The 2nd boss can actually be killed easily if someone else attacks him once and pulls him up the ramp where you guys came from, it will glitch at the ramp and then you can kill him without harm. To do this you can either have someone else do it or login an alt and do it, it's how sins did it back then when they didn't have the gear.

4. You could get a partner, this is a MMORPG, it's ok to want to solo and you will be able to eventually, but maybe right now you could take someone else with you, maybe you'll have to share the profit, but it'd still be better than not finishing the instance at all.

5. Get the helm ASAP, if you're going for T3 you're missing out on 20 attack lvls from the set bonus because you don't have your helm.

That's most of what I can think about now, to give you more advice i'd have to know what genie skills you use, if you're sage or demon, how you play, and I can't really know that.

Mr. Justice
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    What server are you on? I made a whole post giving you advice, but the forum deleted it for some reason, if you're in tideswell we can talk and I can tell you what to do ^^

Mr. Justice
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    Actually easy way to make coins is to set a catshop 24/7 and buy/sell items.

Farm is really an hard word now since there are no instance that give a decent reward.
    Sadly but, with time, PWI cut off all the way to farm coins for F2P players. I think that they passed the limit about Pay to Win and if I don't have made my gears long time ago, now, I wont start to play this game.

Other side, buy a g16 set +7-8 with +10 vit stones is not so expensive and you can enjoy PvE.
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • geochris
    geochris Posts: 108 Arc User
    Nation wars is also a good source of income as you can do it 3 times a week. You can still get good rewards if are 1 shot. I get one shot all the time and i can still get 1000 (combined for 3 days) tokens some weeks
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Honestly, the only meaningful way of making coin left is merchanting. The problem with that is having base capital to start merchanting. You would have to farm something to get the base capital but what, I honestly dont know. This game has become so anti farm its absolutely ridiculous.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • kokoot
    kokoot Posts: 55 Arc User
    nbreaking wrote: »
    What server are you on? I made a whole post giving you advice, but the forum deleted it for some reason, if you're in tideswell we can talk and I can tell you what to do ^^
    can you make it again pls.
    lots of people are interested in this topic :)

• geochris
    geochris Posts: 108 Arc User
    saxroll wrote: »
    Honestly, the only meaningful way of making coin left is merchanting. The problem with that is having base capital to start merchanting. You would have to farm something to get the base capital but what, I honestly dont know. This game has become so anti farm its absolutely ridiculous.

This is so true they killed nirvana which was one of the best farming instances of its time, however NW killed it. What we really need is a spamable instance that drops tradeable items that both R9 and s3 toons want. This will create a demand for coins. Adding another tradeable market would be good for everyone.

Right now there is no real reason for a cash shopper to sell gold through the AH. As there is no great need to have large amounts of coins compared to large amounts of gold.

Back on topic merchanting is a great way to earn coins. Buy low and sell higher. It is harder now than it used to be but it is still a viable option. Start with cheap items then expand. You won't get huge amounts right away but you can slowly build up your coin base.

A few years ago i did a little merchanting experiment. I started with 5mil and added nothing to it other than profits from merchanting. After 2 weeks I had over 60mil. Not counting any sales from drops. Just buying and selling. 5mil was a lot more then than it is now but similar concepts.

I wish you the best and I hope you don't end up quitting. I always have to adjust what i am going to do for coins after every update. It takes time but I am sure you will be able to figure it out.

• phoena20#7638
    phoena20#7638 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Did u just came back ingame ? You been playing since 2012 . TS2? im sure u have access in NF . You could set up shop buying and selling glyphs . those things still sells good . Or yea if we get good sale, try to open packs maybe u get lucky one day .
  • onlymydna
    onlymydna Posts: 8 Arc User
    Arch Quest are a good way to make money.
  • onlymydna
    onlymydna Posts: 8 Arc User
    Sorry it's Sunday morning
    I meant to say Arc. Quests
    Then trade for gold at auction house
  • danilo#7359
    danilo#7359 Posts: 15 Arc User
    TT
    Lunar
    Jolly
    Frost
    Cube
    Is that I know
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    my advise, charge at least once a little amount of gold ( like 50/100) sell it und use the coins to start merching stuff.
    That should you get started better. Making something out of nothing is hard and might never work.
    Its the same like buying a new game for your PS. First you need to invest something.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Hello!

Seems that generally, the thread gave you a good jumping off point! I'm not sure if farming herbs/mats even fits anywhere in this...(it's been so long since I sold in those markets, I'm not sure how it looks now. Also the amount of hours I sunk into it...we don't talk about that).

As far as farming instances is concerned, I've been working on something I want to propose to the devs, but we'll see what they think!
  • nightmare201
    nightmare201 Posts: 50 Arc User
    scruncy wrote: »
    my advise, charge at least once a little amount of gold ( like 50/100) sell it und use the coins to start merching stuff.
    That should you get started better. Making something out of nothing is hard and might never work.
    Its the same like buying a new game for your PS. First you need to invest something.

No no no no. This should never be the advisable option. You should not ever have to charge for a free game just to be able to make the regular in-game currency. If the game has truly reached this point (I wouldn't know, I bum around the forums but don't play anymore), then this needs to be addressed.

Others have suggested stuff like FF (FC), TT, etc. But I see those as very finite and not enough. It will get over-saturated (TT already is) and the need for it will crash. That's not what is needed for people. And, while I'm not great at merchanting, it's still very difficult to get into it because of the required coin.
  • limit1#4879
    limit1#4879 Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Basically this how the new content update looks like.
    1g = 5m in our server now idk about everyone else's.
    15g for 5 golden splendors = 75m coins.

realistically 5 shiny flowsilver tokens is not really worth it. PEOPLE DON'T BUY IT MORE THAN 100K PER COIN.
    it seems people don't really want to buy it more than 100k.

even if people buy it 200k.
    1m !=75m
    no matter how you think about it. to earn measly 1m (not even 1m really on market price) you need to spend 75m.

either they change back the content to where it was or change the rewards itself to trade able stuff.

i suggest new conversion for 1 coin = 100 c packs / 1000 warsong emblems / whatnot.

remove the fortification coz its basically next to useless. nobody uses r8 unless they are ****. clearly.
    so what happens when we get 35 c packs and we are complete with levelling our war avtar cards?
    we transmute them. and use even more coins to get starchart items. ...

talk about coin drain mechanics. i am already tired of the Homestead/ coin drain. realistically its doesnt even gives us 100% chance to receive mats for g17 weapons 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and so on.
    we want to revamp HS to be less of coin drain and more of less time consuming effort.
    coz by the looks of things now. i dont even know if people can finish their g17 5th cast unless they CS like its hot. by the time this game ends .

basically new content update = coin drain
    nw,xnw = not really farmable . the better gear u are = the better ur supply tokens reward @ the end. this is generally true in most cases. try it with ur r9+12. hahaha also ur rewards mostly depends on 25% chance of winning.

merchanting is next to useless if their price range is less than the coins the market can make.
    realistically speaking. u need more than 100m to be successful @ merchanting
    tokens are priced @36k and 300k for lucky coins. i dont think 100m is enough.
    the truth is. RICH people dont buy tokens and lucky coins. when they use keys and open packs they will get tons of this.

well you are selling those tokens to are the normal people who don't cs.
    they can't really complain about it.

starchart items issue. still not addressed.

11m per starchart lvl 3 items. = worth it?
    well some dude is selling it @ that prices. heartless ****. even sells lvl 1 starchart items for 4m, level 2 for 8m.
    clearly who won in this update?

i don't think anybody did.
    less coin makers (free players) = less coins for (cs'er) to abuse.

or .. wait.
    i think pwi win. u spend more gold.

ok. this is my last runt. i reached my limit.

pwi really committed suicide in this update. glhf

no farm mechanics in game? i think u should quit. even if you spend 24 hrs in this game. you will still feel stupid even more.

• et3rea
    et3rea Posts: 58 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »

IF you plan on fully F2P this game with just 1 character and you are badly missing 1m coins every day...I hate to break it to you but for your own good...better quit the game. You will not find much enjoyment with that low of an income...I currently only make like 10m a day and it's excruciating for me cause that is literally no money at all in the current meta xD

So you basically made a 1 hour rant video about CSers and then u pretty much tell to cash shop or gtf.o on forums. Make up ur mind dude
  • jsxshadow
    et3rea wrote: »

So you basically made a 1 hour rant video about CSers and then u pretty much tell to cash shop or gtf.o on forums. Make up ur mind dude

There is a slight difference between someone that casually cashs like 50 bucks a month and people that legit spend 100.000$. I was completely Free2Play as well back in the day. Barb, Dusk, Cleric and SB are fully farmed..but by the time I've been finished I needed to start adding a little (under 1k til now) into the mix since my farming options got cut off more and more.

If you want to fully F2P this game then you are in for big trouble. Ofc, it's still possible but you will need ages and the effort needed is not worth the outcome at all under no circumstances imaginable. The game is enjoyable with a little bit of cashing but that's it. Except ofc if you like pain, then feel free :D
  • nene#6448
    nene#6448 Posts: 226 Arc User
    If you want to fully F2P this game then you are in for big trouble. Ofc, it's still possible but you will need ages and the effort needed is not worth the outcome at all under no circumstances imaginable. The game is enjoyable with a little bit of cashing but that's it. Except ofc if you like pain, then feel free :D

Im fully F2P, I havent used any money to this game and I still enjoy it without sinking too many hours into it. Im decently geared, do PvP, endgame PvEs (including DHJ) etc etc. It just takes some time and knowledge to get to endgame without csing.​​
  • keihan007#7641
    nene#6448 wrote: »

Im fully F2P, I havent used any money to this game and I still enjoy it without sinking too many hours into it. Im decently geared, do PvP, endgame PvEs (including DHJ) etc etc. It just takes some time and knowledge to get to endgame without csing.​​

What most people dont realize is there is like no ways to farm left. I personally dont have the slightest idea of how to farm in manner where you gear up at decent speed. Merching sure but that takes base capital, which you need to farm/charge for. We had it so much easier when we started to make coin and as a result f2p players starting now or recently do have hard time. Is it doable still? Of course but it takes pretty serious dedication to start from scratch nowdays.

• jsxshadow

What most people dont realize is there is like no ways to farm left. I personally dont have the slightest idea of how to farm in manner where you gear up at decent speed. Merching sure but that takes base capital, which you need to farm/charge for. We had it so much easier when we started to make coin and as a result f2p players starting now or recently do have hard time. Is it doable still? Of course but it takes pretty serious dedication to start from scratch nowdays.

This pretty much. When Dawnglory started (when it was Momaganon before Morai) I legit farmed TT1.x, 2.x for several hours per run on my barb with my then GFs wizard in tow and 1 alt each. TT70/mold gears with 1.86 APS as a barb, getting healed by a wizard. We managed. It took hours to finish each run but you could still sell every mat for a high price, yielding ~3m per run with 500k gold-prices...that was awesome and doable. When I reached a gear-level to farm tt2-3 and 3-2/3-3 I made tens of millions every day, there was one day when I legit farmed 200g @600k per gold in ~14 hours of farming and that happened several times (not always that much ofc cause luck, ya know). You could farm like crazy back in the day and you could easily spend it on cheap gold. I never merched a single day in my life and still managed to farm 4 full r9 chars with (back then) endgame gears just from farming. I legit didn't step into TT for nearly 2 years (did like 10 runs in those 2 years, maybe) and I still have several stacks of green TT3-3 mats on my Shop. 9999-stacks. I know what it'S like to F2P and to hardcore farm/grind in this game and I doubt anyone else ever farmed as hard as I did from the ground up without cashing anything (up to the point I started to ofc). There are many F2P-people but most of them are merchants. Farming is hard work...

So trust me on this when I say, better don't try to purely farm if you are STARTING NOW. If you already have good gears from back in the day sure..it might be slower but there are ways. Gold mats still go for ~50-60% of their chip prices, slowly but they are going. However..if you don't even have the basic gears to farm anything..damn. Forget it. Don't even invest money because it's stupid. Charge 100 bucks to get basic farm gear to farm for a year to get r9...tedious, BS-farming. No fun. If you are a but masochistic I guess you can go for it but better don't.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited September 2017

I think the reason why people still think it's possible is because every time you ask someone with +12/r9 how they got their gears, they will always say "farming". The newbies will start wondering how they got it all via farming not realizing that it's no longer possible, or that "farming" can also just be a euphemism for "swiped my card, but I did make like 1m off a couple TT's I did so technically counts as farmed".
  • keihan007#7641
    I used to be pretty heavy farmer myself, I think my record for week of 2x was 1b farmed. Gold prices were like 2m at the time though so weeks effort was 500g or so. Still that allowed me to gear up me and my in game waifu pretty well as we did farm pretty hard every 2x when it still was worth it. I am not even gonna bother looking into my TT banks to see how many green mats there are still sitting in them.

But at some point, I started generating wealth that didnt go into gear/whatnot instantly so I started merchanting as farming became less and less worthwhile. Past year or two I have not farmed anything, just merchanted/charged when I felt like putting money into the game. Its because farming is not worthwhile - I try to do daily UP and FSP for HS contracts, DH if friends are going.

But all in all thats basically what I "farm", though I dunno why I am bothering with UP/contracts as even if I got all the other mats, skulls are still extremely painful to get for the wep. But maybe someday those become more accessible and I can get my GoF bow.

• sleeper1#0704
    sleeper1#0704 Posts: 70 Arc User
    i agree to all the people that said above.
    coz i tried doing a FRESH startup last december 2016.
    with no money no or help from my main r9 toon.
    it took me about 6 months to get g16 weapon. and on the 7th month reached full g16.
    this was made possible by running fs with alts with the same class as this alt.
    6 alts made me around 60m per week. i think this is enough for gears.
    as with the skills. its kind of downer the price on skill was. i wasnt aware of it before coz people give me my skills on my main.
    didnt really spend money on skills. then i see 200m twinstrike wtf. well that is broken.
    FS farming really made it possible for nubs to get coins efficiently. even dealing with afk people and stuff but it was definitely satisfying coz i dont have to do freakin BORING JOLLY to earn money.
    U do FS u fail @ axe its ok. try and try. but its still fun.
    and lets face it. nw is a bit of tedious money maker. realistically speaking i can get 80-100 supply tokens. depending on winning or not. i got 1.5k spirit so nubs can't kill this new nub i created but yeah i can't kill r9 people that has the same or more spirit than me.

currently my conclusion with the new update is.
    u can adapt to this change only if your r9. if you are a latercomer or returner to the game
    starting 2016 u might not be well equipped to handle DHJ and UP to make it worth your while. coz thats the only 2 u can earn money with. if people still buy glyphs that is.
    people are certainly choosy with DHJ coz its almost next to impossible with full g16 squad. yes we tried this. we didn't finished DHj sadly. with full r9 squad. u can finish DHJ in a jiffy.. we started this DHJ run with full g16. we already have the knowledge of running it. we came to conclude that in order to finish DHJ u need burst damage. in all squad members. MORE DAMAGE THERE IS. THE EASIER THIS DHJ becomes.

lastly. nobody buys TT since 2015. lol . i stopped farming TT in 2014 coz many people are doing it.
    nobody buys HERBS kalyst that market died on 2011. hahaha. i think u made the crafting books on 2011 if i remember correctly.

lunar kind of dead. since it coincides with how much new people buys armor.
    is there new people?
    Yes they started on 2016 - may/june 2017.
    are they still there?
    nope 99% of them have been gone midway july 2017.

r9 people have more opportunities now more than ever.
    but sadly it sad to face the truth but g16 can't handle DHJ and DHD

money making is for r9 people only now.
    for basic stuff g16 can handle everything else. you still need help on nv mobs. coz they hit like **** they are clearly intended to made work on well geared players. (r9+12 hey hey hey.).

sad to see this game go bye bye.
    fix ur game mechanics. fix the game, and maybe new players will spawn to it. just maybe.

less monetizing and more improvement of life of players. ijs.
    players don't have millions to spend to spend just to login in a empty world.

people don't like it when people say "pay your food" while you didnt even started to eat yet.
    the same goes for this. the more you say "PAY FOR THIS" in every move you make be it starchart or every little things .
    the less players you will see.
    pwi before :smile:
    ah you see progress right now why dont you buy r9 gears to get a head start?
    pwi now :smile:
    pay to level up ur starchart.
    pay to level up your toon.
    pay to get more flowsilver coins to get your toon even more c packs and emblems.

this is how it became.

there are even less players now. i know coz i started playing this game since the very beginning.
    dont let it be the another game like allods.
    allods good game gone bad. dont follow the same stuff. my.com did please pwi
    SAVE YOURSELF. please., i beg you.