G17 Weapon Nerf

fury85
fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
Hi all,
Someone told me that all defensive bonus (untarget, purify, ecc) of G17 weapon got a nerf.
They added a cooldown of 30 seconds when the bonus proc.

Ok that Untarget is a bit too strong, but that can be a big issue because Archer and DD Casters can now use GoF, but support or Tank class got Purify Spell nerfed for example.

I didn't see anything "official" or in patch notes.

@kalystconquerer#0876 can we have some official explaination of that?

Thank you.
Roar_King
Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone

Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Purify spell was always "nerfed" on the G17; in the sense that is uses the Purify spell that was always used in China.

PWI's version of R9-3 uses a different proc value for purify spell (one that procs more).

So, can't really say that's a nerf. And that's always been the case.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• fury85
    I don't know that, but many players noticed a big difference after the patch. I was just aking info since any note was posted on patch notes.
    Roar_King
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Didnt notice a difference. They are still too annoying to deal with.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    There's a sin in arena with purge and untarget daggers if they can patch it so you can't reset the whole cooldown by just swapping sepals during untarget phase that be lovely xD
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • rustrok
    rustrok Posts: 4 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    There's a sin in arena with purge and untarget daggers if they can patch it so you can't reset the whole cooldown by just swapping sepals during untarget phase that be lovely xD

^^^
    The untarget glitch already doesn't work anymore.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Didn't seem to be a cooldown when ruby fought babyvegeta in the arena. Was like constantely procing.

I wish g17 would've never been introduced but maybe it's time @kalystconquerer#0876 to introduce an upgrade path from r9.3 to g17.4 since stat-wise g17.4 is almost identical to r9.4 except for the procs. Was actually expecting something like that. G17 still is no meta cause nearly no one has it (in the grand sum of players but the few having it pretty imbalance the whole pvp game.

1k gold + r9.3 foe g17.4 and I am game. Maybe then my SB can deal some damage...gosh those 1.8k crit on feigh will haunt me forever xDD
  • blazerboy
    @jsxshadow as far as I know with defensive procs if you just re-equip it than the cooldown is null this also works with disarm
  • wesker
    wesker Posts: 84 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Didn't seem to be a cooldown when ruby fought babyvegeta in the arena. Was like constantely procing.

I wish g17 would've never been introduced but maybe it's time @kalystconquerer#0876 to introduce an upgrade path from r9.3 to g17.4 since stat-wise g17.4 is almost identical to r9.4 except for the procs. Was actually expecting something like that. G17 still is no meta cause nearly no one has it (in the grand sum of players but the few having it pretty imbalance the whole pvp game.

1k gold + r9.3 foe g17.4 and I am game. Maybe then my SB can deal some damage...gosh those 1.8k crit on feigh will haunt me forever xDD

yes ofc - especially i didn't swap the weapon even once during that fight coz there was simply no point ^_^ joe - medic needed!

i will test the proc today and see if the proc got nerfed (fixed) - will let ya know

if they rly want to nerf G17 they should remove the spirit blackhole from the procs list or allow AA classes to have it as well coz that proc is OP AF and nothing can counter it :( endgame sins and dbs with it are simply killing the fun for ppl playing arcane classes
  • wesker
    wesker Posts: 84 Arc User
    it has been fixed
  • fury85
    wesker wrote: »
    it has been fixed

Will be nice to have some info from the GM.
    Roar_King
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    Wait - just to clarify - PW nerfed all G17 weapon defensive procs to only work every 30 seconds? ...... If this is true those weapons shouldn't be nearly as expensive as they are going for now LOL!!! egg-2.gif​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • blazerboy
    edited September 2017
    If you remove purge please give us a update on heartbite rend to kill these untarget spammers it's like he lowest proc ever
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Upgrade paths that are exclusive to us get really messy. A case was able to be made for items of high impact like the rings and the cape of US specific gears into Arigora, but having our Rank 9 3rd Cast going into Dragonbreath weapons would probably get a hard no, as it's progression is tied into other systems like Homestead/Uncharted Paradise etc. Rank gears are it's own tree and might be safer to wait and see if Rank gears ever get an upgrade or not, rather than trying to create a whole other path into Dragonbreath weapons and then people wanting to revert back if a new upgrade path for Rank weapons is announced.

This is not saying I know if a theoretical Rank upgrade is in the works. I just want to avoid these types of issues that we keep running into because we requested version specific gears.

Aside from all this, whats this about a G17 nerf? Purify proc has always been rife with controversy, specifically with regards to our weapons versus CN ones. Did something change with it, specifically on Dragonbreath weapons, ever since the content update? We did not receive any information on the changes to purify, as far as I'm aware.
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    This is not saying I know if a theoretical Rank upgrade is in the works. I just want to avoid these types of issues that we keep running into because we requested version specific gears.

R12rrrr release confirmed! Set yer phasers to annihilate!

>.>
  • mayben0t
    mayben0t Posts: 9 Arc User

Aside from all this, whats this about a G17 nerf? Purify proc has always been rife with controversy, specifically with regards to our weapons versus CN ones. Did something change with it, specifically on Dragonbreath weapons, ever since the content update? We did not receive any information on the changes to purify, as far as I'm aware.

@kalystconquerer#0876

u could unequip and re-equip ur g17 weapon with Untarget proc for example, to reset the 30 second cool down to make it proc more, which has been fixed now and its bs imo
    theres sins, dbs, with PURGE on their g17 and AA classes are pretty much defenseless with the constant purge on g17 weapon
    if theyre gonna "fix" untarget or any defense proc, they should add a cool down to offensive procs as well

• veno123mancer
    veno123mancer Posts: 11 Arc User
    Upgrade paths that are exclusive to us get really messy. A case was able to be made for items of high impact like the rings and the cape of US specific gears into Arigora, but having our Rank 9 3rd Cast going into Dragonbreath weapons would probably get a hard no, as it's progression is tied into other systems like Homestead/Uncharted Paradise etc. Rank gears are it's own tree and might be safer to wait and see if Rank gears ever get an upgrade or not, rather than trying to create a whole other path into Dragonbreath weapons and then people wanting to revert back if a new upgrade path for Rank weapons is announced.

How about a FARMABLE pathway from G16 to G17 *armor*, an actual g17 nirvana/lunar gear that can be at least comparable to r9r3... cashers want it all...
  • fury85
    edited September 2017

Aside from purify spell... what about all other def bonus (Dimlight Figure, Dragonstone Armor and Windtrail Shadow)? They really got a 30 seconds cooldown?

If Windtrail Shadow got the CD what the sense of this bonus when we have Benevolent Ward that last longer? (When you are attacked, you have a chance to absorb all damage for the next 8 seconds. When it expires, the 5% damage will be dealt to you over the next 20 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds)

Thank you for explain us.
    Post edited by fury85 on
    Roar_King
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Can you please make it so that I don't actually have to play the game to get maxed out gear, so I can then complain about how everyone has max gear and there's nothing to do in the game? Also the G17 procs are super OP and I wish they never came out, so can you please make it so that everyone in the game has it?

On a more serious note, pretty much a week after we finished our r8rr weapons they added them to the droplist from chance packs. Now the first person has G17r5 I'm guessing the next pack will drop an item that instantly crafts a G17r5 weapon, so we're gucci.
  • blazerboy
    Friend said he tested it and is starting to believe it. Think they only did that to offensive procs due to the fact at endgame Serenity support classes with spamable untarget or focus mind pretty much become nearly unkillable without a extremely massive gank it atleast one or a few toons able to nuke them instantly. Think the def procs weren't too op on average geared or slightly above but the highest echelon they were insane, of course purge is too but untarget you can watch some clerics take 10 man gank and nearly never die.
  • fury85
    I tested it on Untarget with my aps BM. I can confirm there is a CD.
    I was asking because I was trying to farm that G17r3 on my tank but if it proc 5 seconds every 30 is better to keep the +25 def level R8.
    Just to PWI to be clear and not let people waste coins and time :/
    Roar_King
  • yuyi#4233
    yuyi#4233 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Alright so allow me to bring in some details and thoughts. I am the most (name's yuyi) and longest ''abuser'' of the resets proc's, I figured it out within the same day I got it.

When I got the g173rd that day, it seemed off to me that the weapon would proc and then not again for a while, so I did large tests with the ''focused mind proc'' till the bm disarmed me and he hit me back after the debuff went off, I proc'd right away. So I started switching weapons and taking it on/off and I was proc'n so much that I figured out it had a 30 sec cd like Benovelant Ward (that other long poem proc that is like focused mind).

They indeed ''fixed'' these resets, tho I always had the question of why it's not written on the weapon description? Like, it's either a bug and they forgot to give the details of the cd? Just another ''go figure it out yourself'' type of thing? Or this is the intended way?

Personal opinion:

Giving a 30 sec cd on these proc's makes it super unfair to casters have some form of ''weapon proc counter'' or defense (call it w.e you want) against physical damage dealing classes, specially assassins. Last night I did a 3v3 where my assassin and db purged 3 people in less than 30 secs; I immediately question my self like what the **** man? If there was a big mistake on these weapons or meta, was giving those 2 classes in particular this updated purge on g17 since they can freely spam it as they please and EVEN kill players with it since they got enough damage or gear. So like, what about us arcanes? We don't have that much variety as physical damage dealing classes now since these ''proc every 30 seconds'' vs the ''purge one, get 2 for free!'' it's quite **** as ****.

I get it from a later on pov with the 80 def lvl weapon, spamming untarget/tidal/focused mind reset would be absurd to kill certain players or classes, but we have a **** counter to that already and is called disarm -__-. What is my counter to purge? Things will simply get worse and worse the more g17 purge people gets, might as well get rid of buffs so there's no use on these weapons >.> /s

@kalystconquerer#0876 If i truly do have a question it's simply to ask china about this proc's and the ''hidden'' cooldowns, and if it's intended or not? And if there's some balance changes to the purge given on g17 for any physical damage class that can access it?
  • shapoopi
    shapoopi Posts: 78 Arc User
    gret2692 wrote: »
    Alright so allow me to bring in some details and thoughts. I am the most (name's yuyi) and longest ''abuser'' of the resets proc's, I figured it out within the same day I got it.

When I got the g173rd that day, it seemed off to me that the weapon would proc and then not again for a while, so I did large tests with the ''focused mind proc'' till the bm disarmed me and he hit me back after the debuff went off, I proc'd right away. So I started switching weapons and taking it on/off and I was proc'n so much that I figured out it had a 30 sec cd like Benovelant Ward (that other long poem proc that is like focused mind).

They indeed ''fixed'' these resets, tho I always had the question of why it's not written on the weapon description? Like, it's either a bug and they forgot to give the details of the cd? Just another ''go figure it out yourself'' type of thing? Or this is the intended way?

Personal opinion:

Giving a 30 sec cd on these proc's makes it super unfair to casters have some form of ''weapon proc counter'' or defense (call it w.e you want) against physical damage dealing classes, specially assassins. Last night I did a 3v3 where my assassin and db purged 3 people in less than 30 secs; I immediately question my self like what the **** man? If there was a big mistake on these weapons or meta, was giving those 2 classes in particular this updated purge on g17 since they can freely spam it as they please and EVEN kill players with it since they got enough damage or gear. So like, what about us arcanes? We don't have that much variety as physical damage dealing classes now since these ''proc every 30 seconds'' vs the ''purge one, get 2 for free!'' it's quite **** as ****.

I get it from a later on pov with the 80 def lvl weapon, spamming untarget/tidal/focused mind reset would be absurd to kill certain players or classes, but we have a **** counter to that already and is called disarm -__-. What is my counter to purge? Things will simply get worse and worse the more g17 purge people gets, might as well get rid of buffs so there's no use on these weapons >.> /s

@kalystconquerer#0876 If i truly do have a question it's simply to ask china about this proc's and the ''hidden'' cooldowns, and if it's intended or not? And if there's some balance changes to the purge given on g17 for any physical damage class that can access it?

hi abuser :P well why this game even have purge ? why dont they remove purge and make the game more challenge !!?
    its pathetic that a NP sin need to Purge to kill non NP class.
    or at least make that every class self buff can't be purged.

like in other versions of this game when you do any kind of arena you always have anti purge buff.
  • inzain93
    inzain93 Posts: 45 Arc User
    Only classes that should have access to Spirit Blackhole / Purge should be Archer and Venomancer. Period

Giving purge ability to the two most OP classes ingame is the most idiotic decision ever made by the devs.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    gret2692 wrote: »

^^^ This right here is what I want to know. As I said if its been nerfed then Its not as big as a priority to even try to obtain anymore. ^^^​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sarrafeline
    sarrafeline Posts: 152 Arc User
    Please, no Fifth Cast R9. D: It's already too expensive as it is.

Though, I saw Astrelle's GoF bow the other day. That's pretty badass.
  • red#4565
    red#4565 Posts: 66 Arc User
    The purify G17 is nerffed like a untarget G17?
    If yes, the purify R8 need to be nerffed too '-'