Changeling Commander Haspon

So, I did boss on cleric and got quest done.
Did it on veno and didn't get quest done.

The quest in the log says that "you must be dealing damage within 50 meters of the boss to get qualified for the reward", but that was not the case. Which I was because Venomous Scarab only has a range of 27 meters.

The only thing I can think of is that I wasn't in the party that got the kill on boss (and I was with cleric), and I was wondering if you need to be in it to get the weekly quest done, regardless of what the quest's red text says.

Anyone can explain this to me?

Comments

• forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    Only the squad who deals most damage to the boss gets the kill sadly​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • padautz17
    padautz17 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Only the squad who deals most damage to the boss gets the kill sadly​​

I dont think it is that easy. I did it with a squad. Some of us got credit while others didnt. I think everyone has to deal a certain amount of damage like 1% of boss HP or something. I died a few times and had to go back to city. Just came back in time as boss died and got credit. Whatever it is that qualifies you to get credit, it doesnt reset after you die.

For those who are interested in the rewards of the weekly quest, you get:
    6x Glyph Pack LV2
    6x Neverfall Squire's Badge
    2x Neverfall Knight's Badge
    + some pots

Boss itself dropped some runes for weapon on my run.
  • forbiddenwords
    edited September 2017
    I was the cleric of the squad and literally didn't hit the boss once. Ok MAYBE once (at start). Other than that, I've been healing and rezzing my squad members non-stop and still got the reward at the end. Maybe you have to be within a certain range to get the kill (50 meters as the quest description indicates?).​​
    BfYIUJc.png
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    I was well within the 50m range, yet I didn't get it.
    I know I was because I got closer when boss was near death, and I hit it again just in case.
  • forbiddenwords
    ailiadrake wrote: »
    I was well within the 50m range, yet I didn't get it.
    I know I was because I got closer when boss was near death, and I hit it again just in case.

Like i said, you have to be in the squad who does most damage to it. The kill is not universal, only the dominant squad/player will get it. If you were, then I don't know, you should have got the kill
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    Hm, I see.
    Thanks for the replies!
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    The boss seems to be glitched.
    We were the only squad doing the boss, 9 ppl only, I was the main DD, easily did 50% of the dmg on the boss, no rewards, and I'm a sin, so, was right next to the boss when he died.
    Other ppl didn't get it either on the squad and some did, there's some issue with it.

Mr. Justice
  • zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    "For those who are interested in the rewards of the weekly quest, you get:
    6x Glyph Pack LV2
    + some pots

Boss itself dropped some runes for weapon on my run."

-Rewards: I got same, but I think the pots are a random rewards: The calendar show a mount as reward.
    -Drops: There is Revelation pots too.
  • maksim1995
    maksim1995 Posts: 123 Arc User
    zoube wrote: »
    "For those who are interested in the rewards of the weekly quest, you get:
    6x Glyph Pack LV2
    + some pots

Boss itself dropped some runes for weapon on my run."

-Rewards: I got same, but I think the pots are a random rewards: The calendar show a mount as reward.
    -Drops: There is Revelation pots too.
    s7MQJkc.png

• geochris
    geochris Posts: 108 Arc User
    So the only way to complete the weekly quest is to be in the squad that does the most damage? Has this been confirmed?
  • nene#6448
    nene#6448 Posts: 226 Arc User
    geochris wrote: »
    So the only way to complete the weekly quest is to be in the squad that does the most damage? Has this been confirmed?

Did this yesterday. The squad I was in was the only squad on the boss till boss had ~20% hp left, after that roughly 5 people came to kill it but those people didnt get the kill so I would say its safe to say that only the killsquad/most dmg done gets the kill thus completes the weekly quest.

Also a sidenote, you need one Yin Yang Twin Stone (obtained from Magnier daily) to complete the weekly.
    ​​