this new update

Options
luckycut
luckycut Posts: 46 Arc User
Again players of pwi are disappointed with pwi new update. Pwi seems to take away take away an take away from players who are trying to play the game. I have watched this since 2011 2012 an i have watched the population of the server i play on drop an drop. While the updates seems to be focused on how to slow down players from lvling or making their chars better. The games past updates including this one have done nothing to attract fresh blood or newer players. Just how to slow players down. Granted this game may be old outdated to a lot of new games But the basic theme should not ever change which is the ability to get new players in game. PWi has failed miserably at this most people in game have 4 or more accounts. I don't know why pwi is doing this update. i hear a new game engine is coming soon but can pwi get out of its own way to make that a success i doubt it.

Comments

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Hello!

Sorry you feel that way! Could you explain a bit what you mean by slowing down players a bit more?

For length of instances-Alot of the changes done to instances was to make them shorter as well as pumping up BH rewards. Mystical Pages now drop from bosses and skill books that were made from Advanced Mystical Pages can be found in EU/AEU.
    For leveling- I've been able to have FC re-enabled and for Phoenix Valley, they have included an item that will take you to a new room and will boost your EXP gain dramatically when you kill the Toad. Also, Crazy Stone and Paperclip for Villa quests shoudl be granting more EXP for the lower level ranges.
    For acquisition of materials, particularly for Dragonbreath Weapons - Dull Zenith Skulls and Shards are being disbursed through TW/DC prizing as well as contests. When Anniversary winds down, I'm planning on finishing up the tournament series I want to start running and those too will be providing access to high grade materials. And when we start getting more regularily ran tournaments and xTNF this should help with the supply of these items.

One of the bigger complaints I've seen was about FSP changes, which they've reworked to give you a bigger reward at the end when combining the tokens and seemed (?) to have removed the ghosts (still need to get an answer if this is deliberate this time around). On this front, I'll probably be watching this more closely to see what that change does and will probably try and remedy it at some point in the future if it's causing players enough issues.
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Options
    One of the bigger complaints I've seen was about FSP changes, which they've reworked to give you a bigger reward at the end when combining the tokens and seemed (?) to have removed the ghosts (still need to get an answer if this is deliberate this time around). On this front, I'll probably be watching this more closely to see what that change does and will probably try and remedy it at some point in the future if it's causing players enough issues.
    Kalyst - while I personally feel like the FSP issue is overblown, it speaks to the greater issue of F2P money-making and the number of people who are complaining about it this time around, I hope, does give the staff pause.

To ask you an optionally-rhetorical question - how would you personally advise a free to play player to make money? Not gear/mats, not war avatars, not exp - money.

The focus as of late seems to be to remove all money making and then try to make up for it with all the "quality of life" items... and to be honest, it's starting to look deliberate on the part of your superiors. I know you're trying your best, but frankly I don't give a damn about leveling my war avatars, much less the stuff that comes in some codes, and neither do a lot of F2P people. That stuff is all well and good when it's used to supplement a sustainable in-game experience, but it can't replace it. We want to buy things - tokens, crafting fees for gear, homestead upgrades, not to mention all manner of vanity items from gold sellers (e.g. fashion). Surely the top brass understands that depriving F2P players of that has detrimental effects on the entire economy and thus the entire game, right?

EDIT: Just to clarify, I don't mean to suggest that people don't appreciate the codes... can't speak for others, but in general, I certainly do... but it feels like we're having things taken away with one hand and then given inferior replacements with the other. I'm all in favor of a few A-Chests now and then, but it doesn't replace the ability to make 1mil per day per character in FSP.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • crazicuki
    crazicuki Posts: 25 Arc User
    Options
    Taking away Primal rewards for starters, is a huge slap in the face. Please don't penalize those of us who do our solo Primal dailies by taking FS Coins, Nebula Dust Orbs, Astroparia, AND Astrobana, AND vitae pills!!! It is of no use to us getting piles of level one star charts if we get no supplies to level them, and many of us do not always have time or capability to run multiple instances daily, and issues with scheduling amongst faction mates etc, can also prevent these runs, so many are due to surely fall behind once again (I personally have health issues that prevent me doing many dungeons, so at least for now, I no longer can farm flow silver coins period). Being both a farmer and casher, I see it getting tougher and tougher to actually play...and this has been a fantastic game since I started back in 09-10. :'(
  • sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    Options
    Like with other updates you are killing the intrest in the game.
    Exmple:
    When you brought out NW you killed Nervy no one plays it now hasn't in years. A few did a run for the title but that's about it. This is just the one that comes to mind.

What you did this time:
    Now you changed FS a farming area for non-cash player, crippling those that do not cash for whatever reason. More rewards in FSP, yeah that will become very useless once you have you cards and have leveled your set. If at least the stuff was unbound we could make a bit of coin off it, but no. R8 mats srsly? No one will use them PWI, since most player go from g16/T3 gear straight to R9 so those are also pointless. Shows you don't know your player base huh?
    By the way did FSJ and the ghost was there so idk where you heard it was not spawning.

Primal dailies. You increased the vita and exp. Okay... nice for those still working on that but again useless for long time players that are 105x3 and Sky level 10. You took out the only reason any long time player would do Primal dailies, the stuff to level our charts and a few coins to sell if we didn't need them. And PWI there are a lot of long time players.

The Trans. Its an awesome idea but why must it cost coins? You have removed almost all ways for a player to make coin in the game. Killing mobs give little to no coins. BH rewards are now items that might be useful to some but are not able to be sold so useless for making a bit of coin if you don't need them. Mirages are worth 0 coin, yes you can sell them to player but there is more supply then deman with the increase of them from MBH. Really most player just ignore the drops that do drop since the amout made of them doesn't pay for the time it take us to pick them up!
    Anyways, Trans is not so great, I was very disappointed! I thought I would be able to get rid of things the game keeps throw at me and get useful items. I have tone of stuff, like the pills for the Meridian. I finished that ages ago it's not like it was hard but PWI keep giving me the pills. So I do the trans thingy and get more of them! Why?! I don't need them don't want them and was trying to get rid of them! So why the heck would you give me more of the stuff I want to be rid off! 2 million in coins later I have some apo that is useless for my toon and more of the same trash I started with! Fail PWI, FAIL! But I can live with that I'll just NPC all that useless stuff at least some of it will give me 1 coin!

The change to the instance don't stop there! Oh no! UP with was farmed by people working on G17 gear is now shorter, but farmers want the bosses since they need the drops for g17 and the drop rate is so low to start with many will now give up on it and there goes UP! No one will do it much either until it too dies.

I've played this game for a very long time and seen many changes and nope didn't like bits and parts of them but nothing and I do mean nothing was a bad as this one update. So many of my friends are talking about leaving and many have not logged on. Really you guys need to rethink this update. THIS IS NOT CHINA. You guys do know that don't you? So fix this or really I don't see a reason myself to stay.

By the way TNF is broken too.

• miruna555
    miruna555 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    The nerf to charts for new players. It's.. dreadful, they have no real hope to ever getting a half way decent chart. That alone is a bigger negative impact than the beneficial quality of life changes.