Scheduled Server Maintenance - *Content Launch* [ 8/29/2017 - 10 PM PST]

124»

Comments

• cpu58
    cpu58 Posts: 4 Arc User
    ALREADY UPDATES THE NEW CONTENT OVER 4 HRS , STILL CANNOT COMPLETE .
    PWI . U F. IDIOT ?
  • armoftheland1
    armoftheland1 Posts: 7 Arc User
    padautz17 wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876

valdisman wrote: »
    What is the reasoning behind making UP and DH even easier than it already is to complete?

The real question is what happens with the drops of UP?

The whole purpose of this dungeon is to farm materials for g17 weapon. Correct me if i am wrong but to reduce the amount of bosses will just result in less materials per run. This wouldnt be a big problem if we didnt have the restriction of 1 key per day. This change might be great for people to finish their BH's but it will just slow down the whole process to farm for g17 weapon which is...like i said the purpose of this dungeon.

Side Note: I hope we get more ways to obtain UP keys because to do weekly AND multiple UP BH's per week will be impossible otherwise. Not to mention the daily run which everyone does who wants to farm this weapon..

suspect this is first and foremost to help us with the absurd amount of dailies to do and encourage people to farm this instance. and also likely a stealth buff to skull drop ratio. By the time you finish grinding the mats from your one boss runs you will have comparatively more skull shards than you would have if you had remained farming 3x as many mats per chance at skull.

I agree about the keys 100% would make more sense to give you the option to farm just as many materials...​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2017
    Yeah in CN, the devs were receiving complaints from their players about how long it was taking to do everything so they changed the process on alot of these instances.

With the contests and tweaks to PvP rewards I've done here, it's only bumped up the rate and supply of mats slightly. I'm still not sure why Uncharted Paradise is bound hard to once a day, where Dawnlight Halls just uses the old "your entry times is determined by how many keys you have".

I'm combing through the comments right now, but yes, I did catch the issue about the player loosing a level (??) and this is extremely uncommon and bizarre. I've never heard of that before - so if this has happened to you, please send in a ticket and if you happen to have a SS of your level before the content update make sure to attach it to the ticket!
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 (or anyone else who might know) for the UP weekly quest it says "x1 Zenith Skull (has a chance)" what is the % for that chance?
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    For players who are unable to patch up or are experiencing issues - could you tell me what client language you're using and where it's failing?

@npc15 I believe they did not tell us what that chance rate is. Adding that to the list of questions for them post launch that I'll be emailing them today (alongside the weird archo bridge problem and checking on the ghost NPC removal in Flowsilver Palace)
  • coinsrus
    coinsrus Posts: 131 Arc User

alongside the weird archo bridge problem

Oh, was wondering if I was the only one
  • xskysoldier
    xskysoldier Posts: 128 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 So now it seems like you guys are forcing people to cash shop in this game now...taking away almost everything that's farmable with this content. And i thought you said you would talk to the devs to make this game more f2p?

• beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    For players who are unable to patch up or are experiencing issues - could you tell me what client language you're using and where it's failing?

English client, at updating files on 99% client stops.
    i had to do it 3 times till succeed
    The whole procedure with the download took up 6+hours
  • limitdextrin
    limitdextrin Posts: 9 Arc User
    HFT-energy orb room(mobs not dropping stuff)
    Jolly Jones-not giving daillies
    Faction List-not showing merits properly

• coinsrus
    edited August 2017
    HFT-energy orb room(mobs not dropping stuff)

might be a stupid question but, just in case, are you sure you are not 1-shotting the mobs?
    (They will not drop anything if you 1shot them, need to keep the damage lower a bit.)
  • omnicyborg
    omnicyborg Posts: 5 Arc User
    How much time this update will take? And how big is this update?
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    npc15 wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876 (or anyone else who might know) for the UP weekly quest it says "x1 Zenith Skull (has a chance)" what is the % for that chance?
    1%​​
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    any ancient gift code or lv up pills on this content update seeing that its freaking awesome
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    Huh. The lighting in Archo(and presumably other places) seems... off. It doesn't look bad or anything, just off. Different. Interesting.
  • laluna1990
    laluna1990 Posts: 51 Arc User
    Archosaur is sooo friggin dark grey now :o but omg, i love the new animations between female/male chars <3<3<3<3<3
  • ninna321
    ninna321 Posts: 19 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 i don't have a lot of complains my only problem is that i have been doing battles after XTW time slot every saturday, and i believe all the other servers do it around that time too.
    The restriction on only 12hrs a day is stupid because you have players in too many different time zones.
    I don't see where the need for that came, battles were fine.
  • cosmiclady2
    cosmiclady2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    padautz17 wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876

valdisman wrote: »
    What is the reasoning behind making UP and DH even easier than it already is to complete?

The real question is what happens with the drops of UP?

The whole purpose of this dungeon is to farm materials for g17 weapon. Correct me if i am wrong but to reduce the amount of bosses will just result in less materials per run. This wouldnt be a big problem if we didnt have the restriction of 1 key per day. This change might be great for people to finish their BH's but it will just slow down the whole process to farm for g17 weapon which is...like i said the purpose of this dungeon.

Side Note: I hope we get more ways to obtain UP keys because to do weekly AND multiple UP BH's per week will be impossible otherwise. Not to mention the daily run which everyone does who wants to farm this weapon..

suspect this is first and foremost to help us with the absurd amount of dailies to do and encourage people to farm this instance. and also likely a stealth buff to skull drop ratio. By the time you finish grinding the mats from your one boss runs you will have comparatively more skull shards than you would have if you had remained farming 3x as many mats per chance at skull.

I agree about the keys 100% would make more sense to give you the option to farm just as many materials...​​

• valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I'm still not sure why Uncharted Paradise is bound hard to once a day, where Dawnlight Halls just uses the old "your entry times is determined by how many keys you have".

Up and DH are the same. it's not once a day, it's specific to if you have the sandgrain or feather to enter. You got 1 a day of both.

Why the heck is DDH now random what rooms you have to do first? What is your thinking behind that move??
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • omnicyborg
    omnicyborg Posts: 5 Arc User
    where is the place in my pc the patch is stored? fter update the game, the file is deleted automaticly or no?
  • coinsrus
    tirus21 wrote: »
    iw8ing4u wrote: »
    hmmm...
    in patch notes it say "xp vitea and items rewards ahd been incresed in prime dailys"
    well i did 2 prime dailys and didnt get any item reward.... only xp (my sky is maxed so vitea i cant get thats ok)

same, no rewards for me too only exp

Lol...For real, first priority should be this.

You broke primal world.
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    Just logged into the game. TY for the egg smilies!!!!
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• michelleangel
    michelleangel Posts: 2 Arc User
    :s Damn you PWI.. you have now taken away all the fun of playing this game, I cash a little but now you want me to pay for everything.. It's not happening,... Condolences you just killed it
  • serpis
    serpis Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    14hrs and still updating... how big is the update? And why you still neglate to release a single file to download from the website... It would be much faster and safer to update the game this way... I hope you guys give out an absence note to fill the missing check-in day ASAP before the month ends <.<
    Post edited by serpis on
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Since I don't see it mentioned in this thread, I'd like to pass along a new addition that didn't seem to be mentioned in the patch notes:

Mrs. Zoologist in South Archosaur now sells rare pet skills.

Yes, those rare pet skills. Herc buffs, bless, claw - the works. 1.25mil each. Couldn't get them in Dragon Temple? Buy 'em up now.

@kalystconquerer#0876 - any chance you could confirm if this was an intended change or not? If we're at risk of this being reverted next week or something, I'd like to know to stock up now - given the fact that getting them out of Dragon Temple was always a pay-to-win nightmare.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    So lots of my friends are leaving, nice update. Way to kill the game for non cash players and for old players. Not much to do now, DH, done, FSJ, done. DHD meh. Dailies....why do them no chart stuff to farm I am 105x3 and sky level 10 so now what to do. Log off and find another game I guess.

Non cash player? Well now you either cash or you can't play. No coin drops to speak of, and no way to know if you will get coin from BH, and no way to farm for coin since the ONLY way most people got some coin was doing FSP runs and selling coins or c-packs and that is out now. So no way to buy tokens for apo. Tokens are 50k each now, what non cash player can afford that?! And you will need to repair gear but with now coins coming in how long before non cash player run out of coin? And how long before they just give up and leave?
    You say do NW and sell those tokens? 10k each atm but with XNW and NW 2x a week and EVERYONE doing the only thing that makes a bit of coin how long before those tokens crash and are worthless too?

Wow PWI Does anyone even play this game and get a sense of how your "New Content" would effect your gaming comunity? There are a few things that are not bad but over all this "New Content" is a big blunder in my book.

Peace out, this non casher worked hard for r9rrr +10 but even I am think it's time to call this game over and move on.
  • outgrabe
    outgrabe Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Removal of forest ruins impacts on upgrading of warsong belts, see below for the recipies. Will there be another way for us to obtain jungle stones / jungle belts?
    As I understand it, the g17 belts added to game are farmed via PvP events, and in such events g16 people will pretty much be road kill. So it would seem g17 belts are really not an option for many.

☆☆Heart of the Jungle·Void ...... Stone of the Jungle (6)
    ☆☆Heart of the Jungle·Sky ........ Stone of the Jungle (12) + ☆☆Heart of the Jungle·Void
    ☆☆Heart of the Jungle·Chaos .... Stone of the Jungle (36) + ☆☆Heart of the Jungle·Sky
    ☆☆☆Destroyer ........................... Stone of the Jungle (108) + Warsong Soul (162) + ☆☆Heart of the Jungle·Chaos

As previously mentioned removing Temple of the Dragon also removes the ability to obtain rare veno pet books ... I do hope pwi provide an alternative supplies for both jungle items and veno books.
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    @outgrabe - Please see my post above yours, there's some good news there. :) I'll quote the relevant portion. And @kalystconquerer#0876 I know you're busy, but it would be great if you could confirm for us if this was intended.
    Since I don't see it mentioned in this thread, I'd like to pass along a new addition that didn't seem to be mentioned in the patch notes:

Mrs. Zoologist in South Archosaur now sells rare pet skills.

Yes, those rare pet skills. Herc buffs, bless, claw - the works. 1.25mil each. Couldn't get them in Dragon Temple? Buy 'em up now.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server