Bound boutique/pack items

tomegemcity
tomegemcity Posts: 9 Arc User
If you were to include a code that caused items like Diamond of Tiger/Dragon, Dragon Orbs, General Summers Tokens, Medal of Glory, or other hi end items to bind to someone after they'd been traded once, it would eliminate the insane amount of price flucuations in this game. It is the people that buy and resell items in an attempt to corner the market (at least temporarily) that is causing players to leave this game in droves. You can look on forums outside of PWI/Arc, and you will see that it is the cash shopping culture, and an inability to efficiently farm competitive gear that is lowering server attendance. This drop in server attendance also translates to lost revenues from players that only spend modest amounts of money on the game. However, while their purchases may be lower than hardcore cash shoppers, they outnumber the ones that drop $100 or more in a short period of time. Additionally, this game requires a large number of people to be playing at any given time, especially during events. If the drops in attendance continues, this threshold will soon be crossed. Binding hi end items after one trade will prevent people from cornering the market, since they will be unable to resell items that they bought from the original seller (ie the person that bought the pack/boutique item from PWI). Many people will state that it is the cash shoppers that keep this game free to play, and they are correct. However, if you eliminate the individuals that utilize coins they acquired through purchase of gold with the purpose of "cornering the market", you will still have people that will buy their items directly from PWI and use them on their own character, and there will still be people buying from PWI and selling the items they buy in exchange for coins. The only difference being that items wont be going through a "middle man", which by the way does little to enrich PWI since those individuals only spend real life money to get the initial capital for market manipulation, or when they have spent more than their profits. In case I havent been clear, I shall elaborate on how this would work. Player A purchases pack from PWI. He opens pack and receives a Medal of Glory. Until that particular Medal of Glory leaves Player A's possession, it is unbound. Once he trades it to Player B, it binds to Player B, and Player B must use it himself, regardless of if he acquired the Medal of Glory by catshop trade, direct trade or auction house.

Comments

• gluteus
    gluteus Posts: 32 Arc User
    I totally disagree with this idea. There are already too many "bound" items in game and I don't think it would do anything differently in game as you think. Rewards a player may earn, should not be bound and should be the players to do with what they wish, ie sell, use, use on a different account, give to a faction mate or friend, etc.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    If you were to include a code that caused items like Diamond of Tiger/Dragon, Dragon Orbs, General Summers Tokens, Medal of Glory, or other hi end items to bind to someone after they'd been traded once, it would eliminate the insane amount of price flucuations in this game.
    It is the people that buy and resell items in an attempt to corner the market (at least temporarily) that is causing players to leave this game in droves.
    You can look on forums outside of PWI/Arc, and you will see that it is the cash shopping culture, and an inability to efficiently farm competitive gear that is lowering server attendance.
    This drop in server attendance also translates to lost revenues from players that only spend modest amounts of money on the game. However, while their purchases may be lower than hardcore cash shoppers, they outnumber the ones that drop $100 or more in a short period of time.
    Additionally, this game requires a large number of people to be playing at any given time, especially during events.
    If the drops in attendance continues, this threshold will soon be crossed.

Binding hi end items after one trade will prevent people from cornering the market, since they will be unable to resell items that they bought from the original seller (ie the person that bought the pack/boutique item from PWI).
    Many people will state that it is the cash shoppers that keep this game free to play, and they are correct.
    However, if you eliminate the individuals that utilize coins they acquired through purchase of gold with the purpose of "cornering the market", you will still have people that will buy their items directly from PWI and use them on their own character, and there will still be people buying from PWI and selling the items they buy in exchange for coins.
    The only difference being that items wont be going through a "middle man", which by the way does little to enrich PWI since those individuals only spend real life money to get the initial capital for market manipulation, or when they have spent more than their profits.

In case I havent been clear, I shall elaborate on how this would work:
    1. Player A purchases pack from PWI.
    2. He opens pack and receives a Medal of Glory.
    3. Until that particular Medal of Glory leaves Player A's possession, it is unbound.
    4. Once he trades it to Player B, it binds to Player B, and Player B must use it himself, regardless of if he acquired the Medal of Glory by catshop trade, direct trade or auction house.
    Fixed that **** wall of text of yours.

Other than that, terrible idea to bind anything on trade or purchase.
    Many people have separate accounts for their catshops, meaning that if they even want to put something up for sale, they can't trade it to their shop because it would end up getting bound.
    Not just that, but what if you buy a weapon you want to use for a while for whatever purpose, you're saying that if you buy it, you'll be stuck with it and can't resell it.
    That's not how markets work.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• endlesscross
    endlesscross Posts: 3 Arc User
    This would totally kill the game. Total annihilation.
  • yoyohoho
    yoyohoho Posts: 34 Arc User
    merching is soooo important, every single thing i buy would not be there for me to buy if it wasn't for merchants and cashers. i have absolutely no issue with these people making their profits as they are providing me a service. If you don't like the price of something set a shop yourself a be patient. it would be completely impossible for me to play this game anymore if everything was bound and same for many others, you must think of the bigger picture and the long term of this suggestion, its simply would not benefit anyone at all.