Coins-Gold NPC trader

dartwave
dartwave Posts: 14 Arc User
Since buying gold from auctioneer is almost impossible lately, expecially on some servers, why dont you introduce a npc to trade your coins for gold?

Comments

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Mhm, ofc I would love to see such an NPC..that would be friggin awesome and kinda hard-code gold value.

Since there are few ways to gain ingame coins left anymore it wouldnt even hurt the economy nor PWE since people will still have to charge for coins if they have none. They could ofc also adjust the gold price. Buying for 5m and selling (via AH for 4m) would balance it out and still opens opportunities to charge.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Honestly, they would only need to offer coins to gold trade at market rate for a short time to pump absurd amounts of coins out of economy. This would then balance economy now that key sales are done. Those key sales boned our economy hard.

How to do this is a whole another issue though. NPC would require CN to code it, granted they could throw it on their version for 4m(AH) cap and have no impact on their versions as gold on CN is ~1m. They could also manually offer gold trough AH but seems like awful lot of manual work for them to do if GM toons can only have same limited coin in their AH.

Would this negatively affect PWEs gold sales? Most likely in short term but in long term, you remove the excess coin during some event period and remove the trade afterwards. This should return player gold into AH and make game a lot more appealing to play when you can actually buy gold trough AH for masses. With game being more appealing, more ppl would continue playing and thus offer higher population base to get money from. Then again its been years since PWE has done a single decision for the longevity of this game.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
    To me this wouldn't work, most of the coin in this server already is not made but traded between players. Income of coin is msotly from mob drops, npcing items and JoJ and quest rewards.

When I started this game bk in 2010 on Dreamweaver (Now Tideswell) gold was 500k each, and I know before I joined it was even as low as 30k each. The thing is gold price is not constant it varies and changes, some servers have better trade for coin:gold than others.

Stabalizing this ratio with a npc that exchanges gold to coin (as I don't believe the oposite will be avaiable unless it was 10m coins for 1 gold), will just cause people to charge less gold which would damage the ecconomy and also drive the value of coin down furthur than it already is.

If this was to work to some degree or other it would need to have varing prices which would have to be hard coded to each server. It would however be more benifical just to increase the price of gold at ah to a maxium of 10m each, if this needs to be changed later then do so but 10m shoudl last a long time before it reaches this stage. There still needs to be more coin taken out of the server itself before gold prices may lower at all and stabalise (except when certin thigns are on sale of cource).
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    I would say gold price is as close to constant as you are going to get in an economy like PWI., What changes is the amount of coins you can get per gold, which is a result of there being a crapton more coin than there used to be so the value of coin has gone down.

The main problem in PWI economy currently is the fact there is so much coin that each gold is worth more than the AH cap. This makes buying gold pretty difficult. As a result its driving ppl away from the game. There are 2 ways to fix this, 1 is increasing AH cap, which will push gold higher and higher - the higher the gold is, the less ppl are gonna be playing. Or you can increase the value of coins, easiest way to do this is removing some coin from economy. HS update did this beautifully but then they introduced cheap pack spam, which drove prices up again. The post foil keys printed so much coin into servers its not even funny.

Now to create coin sink that works it has to be either mandatory coin sink ppl have to participate into. Repairs for example. Or something ppl want to participate into. For example endgame items for coins or just simply gold at a reasonable rate. I would however say the best results would be gained if this trade option would be time limited, say week or two and then removing it till its needed again. This would make ppl to invest more coins than they would if the exchange were to be permanent - meaning even higher amount of coin exiting our economy.

The current restrictions on creating coins and coin sinks would actually be sufficient in my opinion had PWE not spammed us with cheap packs and keys. But as they did, we need to remove quite a bit of coin from economy in order to balance gold prices to more reasonable rate. And for this, there are no fixes w/o downsides.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • coinsrus
    coinsrus Posts: 131 Arc User
    Could be nice.

But considering some people are just creating hundreds of millions of coins daily, that would probably ruin the pwi gold sales.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    coinsrus wrote: »
    Could be nice.

But considering some people are just creating hundreds of millions of coins daily, that would probably ruin the pwi gold sales.

Why would it? Because those people have these coins either way and are not going to magically spread their money to other people without a cost. Those with billions laying around will get some more gold, those are the people that hardly cash at all and instead buy 250g all the time with 10 different chars (not saying anything but since someone recently took a break from the game on Dawnglory gold magically went on the buying stack from a steady 7.8k down to 6k permanent. It is wrong to believe that those with the most coins are the ones cashing the most. That's a minority of them and why would they? If you have coins make more coins out of it.

An NPC that sells unlimited gold for 4m would completely fix the economy..even if it would be just available for 1 day. 1 day...damn..that would take out hundreds of billions of coins that ain't coming back. Sure, you will have loads of tokens and they might generate some value back but it's max 13% of the value initially dropped into the server (if traded for wedding money). there will be craploads of packitems, yap, but I also don't see that hurting anyone at all. Getting this useless stuff cheaper only benefits anyone. They will eventually be used and new demand will be created. Taking in the average ratio...there shouldn't be too many CoMs, SoTs and the likes anyways.

Besides, people will charge like crazy then. Why? Because they need ingame coins for many things and might wanna earn some by selling in AH for a lower price now, since the demand would be quite a bit lower and they might need coins to buy a CoM then, or something along those lines.

• coinsrus
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Could be nice.

Why would it? Because those people have these coins either way and are not going to magically spread their money to other people without a cost. Those with billions laying around will get some more gold, those are the people that hardly cash at all and instead buy 250g all the time with 10 different chars (not saying anything but since someone recently took a break from the game on Dawnglory gold magically went on the buying stack from a steady 7.8k down to 6k permanent. It is wrong to believe that those with the most coins are the ones cashing the most. That's a minority of them and why would they? If you have coins make more coins out of it.

An NPC that sells unlimited gold for 4m would completely fix the economy..even if it would be just available for 1 day. 1 day...damn..that would take out hundreds of billions of coins that ain't coming back. Sure, you will have loads of tokens and they might generate some value back but it's max 13% of the value initially dropped into the server (if traded for wedding money). there will be craploads of packitems, yap, but I also don't see that hurting anyone at all. Getting this useless stuff cheaper only benefits anyone. They will eventually be used and new demand will be created. Taking in the average ratio...there shouldn't be too many CoMs, SoTs and the likes anyways.

Besides, people will charge like crazy then. Why? Because they need ingame coins for many things and might wanna earn some by selling in AH for a lower price now, since the demand would be quite a bit lower and they might need coins to buy a CoM then, or something along those lines.

(Meh, everything i wrote just got erased, so lets do this again)

All of your arguments make sense, and thats the sad part.
    Everything you say would be just right, in an economy that could be fixed.

But there are hundreds of bots farming JoJ.
    Not alts.
    Not someone multi-clienting 10-15 accounts.
    Bots.
    Hundreds.
    Creating Billions (millions?) of coins into the economy everyday.

If you give to these bots the ability to create gold out of the tin air, there is no reason for them to charge or buy any gold from the AH anymore.

An economy with such a weakness cannot be fixed until the weakness is fixed.
  • coinsrus

(Meh, everything i wrote just got erased, so lets do this again)

All of your arguments make sense, and thats the sad part.
    Everything you say would be just right, in an economy that could be fixed.

Not alts.
    Bots.
    Hundreds.

If you give to these bots the ability to create gold out of the tin air, there is no reason for them to charge or buy any gold from the AH anymore.

An economy with such a weakness cannot be fixed.
  • dartwave
    dartwave Posts: 14 Arc User

Not alts.
    Bots.
    Hundreds.

I dont see so many bots farming coins and trust me , you dont farm that many coins with bots. The inflation due to the market flooded with coins became a serious issue since the introduction of 40-25 notes with the fortune keys ( i admit i earned a lot with those lol ). People kept charging and spending on keys because they are a safe profit. The negative side is that gold price skyrocketed, buying gold from auctioneer is impossible expecially on dawnglory.
  • coinsrus
    edited August 2017
    dartwave wrote: »

Not alts.
    Bots.
    Hundreds.

I dont see so many bots farming coins and trust me , you dont farm that many coins with bots. The inflation due to the market flooded with coins became a serious issue since the introduction of 40-25 notes with the fortune keys ( i admit i earned a lot with those lol ). People kept charging and spending on keys because they are a safe profit. The negative side is that gold price skyrocketed, buying gold from auctioneer is impossible expecially on dawnglory.

Probably not on your server, on mine i can tell someone has been bot-farming easily 200m a day since march.

I could not tell an approximate ammount, but i can say it goes up to like 50 bots logged in (and active) at once 24/7.
    So I guess we can expect they log off and log in on other toons to make it 24/24.
    (Speculations; 2h to do JoJ per toon? so we could say 50x12? 600 toons? )

Keys was in fact a big inflation, but if the coin-sink is not as big as the coin-income ingame coin-value is bound to always decrease.

Now putting gold for sale at a merchant will have the temporary effect of establishing a fixed value coin/gold.
    But if you keep the coin value decreasing, having a fixed coin/gold value only means gold value decreases as well.

As long as you keep a big hole in the boat, you cant expect anything to be fixed.