UP Issues - Please Discuss

xxxthekidxxx
xxxthekidxxx Posts: 38 Arc User
Hi Pwi and Pwi community, I am not sure if everyone is aware of this issue. So basically there are not many barbs in the server or people who do play barbs not there often.

As a result people are world chatting for hours and hours trying to find a barb for the UP squads. During that time people who joined already are leaving or have to go for real life things and so on so forth. This is making it impossible to do UP runs or BHs for many squads, some people don’t even bother anymore and just given up.

I am not trying to qq or put the people who put in lots of effort down here. Yes I know other ways of doing the last boss without a barb but not many squad are able to do this. All I am trying to suggest is that maybe remove the one shot aoe form the end boss, so that squads are able to do a run quickly without needing a barb and can go about doing other Pwi dailies.

The one shot aoe can be removed from normal mode and can be kept for harder modes. This will motivate lots of people to run UP and not struggle for hours every day making a squad.

If you agree with me please leave your comments below so Pwi can see what everyone thinks. Ty :)

Comments

• beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    i disagree even "the other ways" as you said must be elliminated
    Ask me when people rejecting barbs cause they dont do damage and its bad for the "other ways"
  • xxxthekidxxx
    xxxthekidxxx Posts: 38 Arc User
    beast21g wrote: »
    i disagree even "the other ways" as you said must be elliminated
    Ask me when people rejecting barbs cause they dont do damage and its bad for the "other ways"

I understand but look at this way, there will be tons of squads out there for any barbs to join. If you look at DH you dont really need a barb, but I dont see anyone rejecting one, besides barbs enable the whole squad to do more damge so personally I dont see a problem there.

• cefre
    cefre Posts: 23 Arc User
    I'm QQing for more "barb needed" instance. What you want? Make them useless or what? Already kinda hard to find any squad for any instance if u play with barb whatever gear u have. Cmon man...
  • bestdusk#2943
    bestdusk#2943 Posts: 18 Arc User
    I really dont see this as a problem.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    The one shot aoe can be removed from normal mode and can be kept for harder modes.

It can't, because PWE has no means to do it and China won't customize our version this way. Solution is to find at least 1-2 players per squad who can tank the final boss and immune the cone.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    shade13 wrote: »
    The one shot aoe can be removed from normal mode and can be kept for harder modes.

It can't, because PWE has no means to do it and China won't customize our version this way. Solution is to find at least 1-2 players per squad who can tank the final boss and immune the cone.
    ​​

This is all fine and dandy for the better squads but I doubt this thread is bout them. Better squads get their instances done, with or without a barb, its the weaker squads who struggle w/o barb. I personally feel the 1shot cone is **** mechanic, it artificially promotes the need for certain class in certain instances. Sure, everything shouldnt be handed on silver platter but considering how mandatory UP has become with HS contracts, mbh and the mats it offers for G17 I really feel it shouldnt be too hard instance, which it isnt with a barb. But take barb out of equation and last boss does become challenging - unless you are used to doing it w/o a barb anyways.

The harder the instance is, the less ppl do it. And imo last boss in UP is a bit on the hard side w/o barb for your average players. The DUP, JDH, etc. modes can be the kind your average squads cant clear and thats fine. But UP, due how needed it is to progress your toon, should be relatively simple, even w/o a barb.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    I think the whole "hard instance" issue you're mentioning there is only part of the problem. The big problem around here is that for people nowadays it's either "full r9.3 +10/12 people party" or nothing at all. I've never seen a g16 party (doesn't matter if they have a few r9 with them) in UP in my server (dawnglory). People, in general, just can't stand spending a few hours in a single instance and all must be taken down in a nuke, or close enough.

And when less geared people call for barb? The barb in question either doesn't want to deal with having to drag a bunch of g16, or doesn't feel confident enough to face the bosses in there with their "low" gear BECAUSE most often, when they show it, they are answered with "nope. you're not uber powerful enough to nuke it. sorry!". So they simply don't reply to the calls.
    (for the record, I do have a barb, but I don't feel confident in his gear and passives enough to even attempt UP, so I'm speaking with experience here)

I get it that it can be frustrating when there are repetitive party wipes, I get frustrated too sometimes. It's understandable. But you can't expect perfectionism either. I mean... disconnections in the middle of a battle? Check. Random people disappearing without saying anything? Check. Server going nuts? Check.

I would do parties myself, but after several tries I find myself saying no to it anymore. People just... aren't satisfied with what I get most of the time and don't listen for the rest of it.
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    My own old G16 FSP frogtanking kitty is getting a second lease at life in UP - I've got my faction often requesting it's services for the final boss these days. It does burn some charm but it can manage there on full G16 +5. So it's not a problem to get a barb, people are just being picky about the kind of barb they want.

I'm all for leaving the instance as is.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • brantanor
    brantanor Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    If you think it's hard to get a barb for UP, think how hard it is to just get an UP culti filled where you only need the first boss.
    And if you try to get into a UP squad with your g16 or even an alt that isn't +10 all the way....you can pretty much forget it.

The way a lot of ppl i know see it, is that UP is a **** instance that no one really "likes" to do. I hope to get in there for a culti for any of my chars and get the freck out that poorly conceived **** of an instance as quickly as possible.

Developers seem to add more "gimmicks" to make an instance difficult, while players keep leaving the servers because they can't compete with cashers or are finally fed up with all the **** those dev's throw at them.

The chinese have a completely diff view of what this game should be then the rest of the world. There's no arguing with short-sighted morons imo. Although pwi/us tries their best to give players what they want, it's those shortsighted ppl in china that are blocking a lot of the fun it could be.

p.s; : i saw someone trying to form a UP squad from 12.00 am till 21.00 hrs pm. And in the end couldn't find a tank for the last boss for over an hr. Tideswell server. Freck me, 9 hrs and no tank ? UP = a load of BS.
  • implode
    implode Posts: 82 Arc User
    I really don't understand what people are complaining about here. So you MUST have a barb in UP squad to tank last boss? You also:
    * MUST have a BM to HF
    * MUST have a veno to amp
    * MUST have a seeker to shatter/chaos blade/sac strike-QPQ
    * MUST have a cleric to heal

After that you've probably got some leeway on classes that are desirable (myst, SB, DB) but not absolutely essential. But point is, why single out barbs? On Etherblade I much more often see squads stuck WCing for ages because they can't find a seeker, than squads stuck because they can't find a barb. So you're saying you just don't like instances that need specific classes to run them?
    brantanor wrote: »
    And if you try to get into a UP squad with your g16 or even an alt that isn't +10 all the way....you can pretty much forget it.
    And in 2009 if you try to get into a nirvana squad and you aren't a 5 aps+10 sin or BM then you can pretty much forget it too. I hate the eliteism as much as you do, but just saying it isn't new so I don't know why you're so surprised at it.

• keihan007#7641
    implode wrote: »
    I really don't understand what people are complaining about here. So you MUST have a barb in UP squad to tank last boss? You also:
    * MUST have a BM to HF
    * MUST have a veno to amp
    * MUST have a seeker to shatter/chaos blade/sac strike-QPQ
    * MUST have a cleric to heal

After that you've probably got some leeway on classes that are desirable (myst, SB, DB) but not absolutely essential. But point is, why single out barbs? On Etherblade I much more often see squads stuck WCing for ages because they can't find a seeker, than squads stuck because they can't find a barb. So you're saying you just don't like instances that need specific classes to run them?

You dont actually need a single one of those classes, clerics are likely the closest but they seem to be a lot more common than barbs. BM/Veno/Seeker only make runs faster, they dont enable them, which is why I find it hilarious when ppl keep WCing for ages for one of classes you dont truly need but would only make the run faster. Unless, of course, your intent is to just spark kill everything and bypass mechanics completely.

• implode
    edited August 2017
    saxroll wrote: »
    Unless, of course, your intent is to just spark kill everything and bypass mechanics completely.
    Isn't that just a given with all instances these days? Nobody's going to join squads if they think its going to be a 3 hour run in UP.
  • keihan007#7641
    Unless, of course, your intent is to just spark kill everything and bypass mechanics completely.
    Isn't that just a given with all instances these days? Nobody's going to join squads if they think its going to be a 3 hour run in UP.

No? Run where you do mechanics usually wont take longer than 30mins, assuming squad has some dmg in it. Reason why I mentioned skipping mechanics is because when you do that, you dont actually need a barb. But for most ppl thats not an option.

• forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited August 2017

No? Run where you do mechanics usually wont take longer than 30mins, assuming squad has some dmg in it.

30 min non-SK UP just won't happen with WC squads. Doing mechanics involves knowing how they work, which does not happen with 90% of squads on WC. There's always people who mess up and slow down the run. Music + Calligraphy alone could take 30 min if people mess up
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • keihan007#7641
    30 min non-SK UP just won't happen with WC squads. Doing mechanics involves knowing how they work, which does not happen with 90% of squads on WC. There's always people who mess up and slow down the run. Music + Calligraphy alone could take 30 min if people mess up[/color]​​

I have to wonder what kind of ppl you run with then. I do UP daily, not exactly WC squad but most times last spots end up being from WC - I cant remember the last time when it took over 30mins.

• kkemz
    kkemz Posts: 73 Arc User
    The problem with most of the higher instances or zones, are what someone elese mentioned if you haven't done the zone most players won't take the time to teach them so what if one or two times a week it takes a little longer to teach someone what to do in that zone? after that you have more people that know what to do.

I don't know how many times even for AEU,EU,FSD I get pm'd that they want to join but never did it? will I take them no one else will because they have never done it ? I have always answered YES, all of us one time or another has been to a new zone and didn't know what to do or wasn't sure, but once someone taught them then they knew.

If everyone took time to teach others then there would be less yelling in WC for groups.
  • implode
    kkemz wrote: »
    if you haven't done the zone most players won't take the time to teach them
    The problem is people who don't make the effort to try to research new instances before they think of going. It really doesn't take much effort to do a few google searches and watch a few youtube videos of an instance before you go for the first time. Sure, its still your first time, but there's a huge difference between "Its my first time but I know what to do" and "Haha I don't have a clue what to do here" (and that's what makes it worst, often they actually think its FUNNY how clueless they are and as a result, how much they are wasting people's time).

I remember before I dare step foot in JFSP I read up loads about how each boss was different than DFSP and made notes and learned how to do the maths at drake. First run I joined I understood more about the instance than most of the others in the squad. That's just sad.

It people demonstrate some willingness to learn a new instance for themselves before joining then I think nobody has any problem inviting them.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    This is why I always do new instances right away when they gets released. Its the most fun to figure it out by yourself, you learn a lot, and nobody is mad at you failing because they are just as clueless as yourself, and you can discuss eachothers finds meanwhile going, as everybody will be open minded.
    Before everybody started nuking last boss, I still often went without barb. It is pretty easy to learn tanking, usually a sin and duskblade have an easier time doing it. I managed on my veno before as well, but it was quite tricky.

People that want to learn will learn. But you have to want it.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    I used to love games, when I did not know what was around the corner, having to react on the fly..... Much more fun imo lol/

• kkemz
    kkemz Posts: 73 Arc User
    Some can watch a video and it doesn't make sense.