Returning Player starting from scratch. Quick Question.

Hello all. I"ve been out of touch with official for about 5 yrs now. I'm coming back for the pve mostly.

My question is this, which class has the best solo farm besides veno? I used to run a BM back in the day but I've heard APS got nerfed into the ground. Thoughts?

Comments

• coinsrus
    coinsrus Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    APS is nerfed in higher instances.
    Bosses buffed and reduce damage from normal attacks by like 90%

TT/warsong/Lunar still works with the aps.
    So if you intend to farm these you're fine, probably gonna want to switch to damage per hit eventually though, so dont spend too much on an aps gear. (your choice tho)

For farming these I always loved my sin, never tried much with the other classes though, but I always feel like they'd be incredibly inefficient compared to a sin o.O
  • cocaiinee00
    cocaiinee00 Posts: 9 Arc User
    coinsrus wrote: »
    APS is nerfed in higher instances.
    Bosses buffed and reduce damage from normal attacks by like 90%

TT/warsong/Lunar still works with the aps.
    So if you intend to farm these you're fine, probably gonna want to switch to damage per hit eventually though, so dont spend too much on an aps gear. (your choice tho)

For farming these I always loved my sin, never tried much with the other classes though, but I always feel like they'd be incredibly inefficient compared to a sin o.O

Whats base aps for the best aps gear?
  • nightmare201
    nightmare201 Posts: 50 Arc User
    Depends on the class, Sins can easily go r8 reforged and keep rolling till they get a few aps on their gear and then run r9 daggers at 5.0. The old method of r8 chest, nirvana legs, lunar cape, tt99 boots and neck/belt also works, It's just not gonna get you far in the high tier content because of the debuff to aps.
  • cocaiinee00
    cocaiinee00 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Depends on the class, Sins can easily go r8 reforged and keep rolling till they get a few aps on their gear and then run r9 daggers at 5.0. The old method of r8 chest, nirvana legs, lunar cape, tt99 boots and neck/belt also works, It's just not gonna get you far in the high tier content because of the debuff to aps.

So what do people farm these days? Is there still money to be made in TT? I mained EP back in the day, should i just make one and run group content?
  • coinsrus
    coinsrus Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    There is still money to be made in TT, probably a bit more in WS.

But with the new features, passives etc, you can get pretty far with farming only dailies imo.
    (Of course you will need to farm your mats for your own gear up to G16 I guess)

If you plan going R9 or high refines probably more money to be earned with merching than 24/7 farming.

Also, I wouldnt recommend the r8rr reroll.

It is more effective than the "old old method of r8 chest, nirvana legs, lunar cape, tt99 boots and neck/belt"

But the % of getting aps is so low you'll end up paying as much as r9 gear just trying to reroll it.
    (1% on the plate, 0.1% on the boots)
    Dont know if anyone had better luck than me but i trashed the old kit after spending 200m and turned to old fashioned to farm.

Anyway, R8RR or the other method will both do fine up to FSD, and neither will be ideal above it.

(Nation war also a good income for newbies, easy way to make a few millions in a week-end)

• demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    At the point this game is now you can probably farm coin the easiest just by doing the highway level daily instances (fsj, dhd/j, up/d). You can get away with just nv3 gear at decent refine (say +5) if you play a highly wanted class (which has increased due to the HS and NF skill upgrades). These classes include: Veno with chaotic soul amp for 35-40% increase, BM for HF, seeker for Sac Slash, mind/hearts out shatter(recommend NOT getting chaos blade), and northern sky waltz debuffs, storm bringer for lv2 dark maelstrom and glyph'ed cloud burst (lv5 blue means you take any boss's magic Def to 0 when you use it with dark malestorm), DB for high damage and 15% skill damage amp, and mystic for 20% skill damage amp, stupidly high dps due to pet and glyph update and the chi plant glyph update (which means you have to finish cult but as long as you have the 20% amp moraine skill you're highly wanted).

I would place sins, eps, psys, and wiz as the next tier down due to needing high refines to be well wanted ( sins kinda in between only due to venos's increase in amp damage, extreme poison exisitng(so sage SS is only 25% more amp over thay skill) and the fact that spam interrupts are no longer needed, so they need a bit more gear and unlike dbs who can hit stupidly high with reflection and have an armor break/curse with quad or mystics with Rez buff/chi plants/ high dps, sins either need high gear and spulforce for what they're used for and/or elimation and twin strike for skill damage.)

And of course barbs are lower teir due to low dps (compared to other classes of similar gear)
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    A side note on R8RR rerolls - for some lols, I tried to get a full APS sin on the test servers using some R8 pieces + mixing some of the old optimal build pieces.

I believe it took me about 50 ish spawns on the boots? Might have been more...

Also, keep an eye out for NW announcements in the near future- we have some exciting news on that front!
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    A side note on R8RR rerolls - for some lols, I tried to get a full APS sin on the test servers using some R8 pieces + mixing some of the old optimal build pieces.

I believe it took me about 50 ish spawns on the boots? Might have been more...

Also, keep an eye out for NW announcements in the near future- we have some exciting news on that front!

I can't even get -int on r8r boots and I have rolled them at least 1000 times in trying...
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    NW? Is cross server NW coming back? hmmz
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    Cross server TW is now a thing. A very messy thing. :smiley:

If you're going to play the support alt initially, a BM is a fast way to get into things. All you're expected to do is survive and time your HF right (but do everyone a favor and also GS too if the party looks a little iffy on the oneshots). Get a genie with cloud erupt to not hold up the party for chi. Demon BM is a simple and cheap toon to get easy instance invites with, and tanky enough to survive on mid refines.
    Veno works too, but has less survivability.
    Storms are VERY wanted, at least on Dawnglory, for high instance nuking, but a lot of players seem to be leveling Storm alts so that might change soon.
    Sins can still farm TT, Lunar and WS. Still wanted in J-FSP a lot as well for the oneshot at Belle.
    Mysts are a nice support class but I don't see people asking specifically for them.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!