Claw barb guide

15678911»

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The cost of choosing a dex build:

I calculated the following numbers for my toon. This is based on 630str, 100vit, 200dex, 20kHP, 10k mdef, 22kpdef. Standing unbuffed. based on pvp situation (lvl 102 opp with average evasion)

10str ....0,25% survive .........0.6 / 1.1 % att
    10vit ....1,20% survive
    10dex.................................0,6% att

survival rate is dmg taken before death, average of magic and phys. 2 values for attack represent spark (aps) / unsparked (axe)

moving 120 dex to str would gain 12 x (1.1-0.6) =6% dmg output.

Edit: The benefits of choosing APS:

No more running from 3-3 steelation, just tank his APS attacks :)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Love the guide, very explicit on the methods.

I've recently started building up my barb a bit, currently sitting at lv80 with selfbuffed+tigerform comfortably hitting 11k hp in Dreamchaser gear. It's unreborn and full-on vit build right now, planning to Reincarnate as an Aps build.
    I know the pro's of APS and certainly with BP you can't argue with it quite simply, though when I try to come up with a good aps-built (reaching 5aps) without having the PanGu/LuaD tomes I can't get beyond 4 aps without the Deicide.
    In short I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative to hit 5aps which has been a toughy. I want to keep using the G16 weapon for the bonus attack levels (4aps + 40 atk levels seems to be stronger than 5aps - no atk levels).
    I'm not running a wide budget, G16 wep isn't an issue (single -int cast). It's the pieces of armor I can't get my head around on how to reach that 5 aps milestone.
    This is what I got sofar:
    http://pwcalc.com/7020d776e7197e46

Choosing the fists > claw because they require less Dex to wield, keeping more points left for vit/str. The only solution I've found sofar was r8r chestpiece but recasting that thing for over 100 times is not exactly the first thing on my bucketlist.

Hoping the barb community here has some tricks up their furr for this issueb:surrender

If the only solution to 4->5aps would be r8r armor I'll stick to 4aps with G16 Peak of Clouds as that does a lot more damage than 5aps Deicide (as aps builds are meant to be DD'ing)
    Using this spreadsheet I found out my barb would deal the following damage p/sec (just as some visible proof):

auto-atk DPS
    5-aps deicide: 45,412

auto-atk DPS
    4-aps PoC: 68,876
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I've recently started building up my barb a bit, currently sitting at lv80 with selfbuffed+tigerform comfortably hitting 11k hp in Dreamchaser gear. It's unreborn and full-on vit build right now, planning to Reincarnate as an Aps build.
    I know the pro's of APS and certainly with BP you can't argue with it quite simply, though when I try to come up with a good aps-built (reaching 5aps) without having the PanGu/LuaD tomes I can't get beyond 4 aps without the Deicide.
    In short I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative to hit 5aps which has been a toughy. I want to keep using the G16 weapon for the bonus attack levels (4aps + 40 atk levels seems to be stronger than 5aps - no atk levels).
    I'm not running a wide budget, G16 wep isn't an issue (single -int cast). It's the pieces of armor I can't get my head around on how to reach that 5 aps milestone.

Choosing the fists > claw because they require less Dex to wield, keeping more points left for vit/str. The only solution I've found sofar was r8r chestpiece but recasting that thing for over 100 times is not exactly the first thing on my bucketlist.

Hoping the barb community here has some tricks up their furr for this issueb:surrender

If the only solution to 4->5aps would be r8r armor I'll stick to 4aps with G16 Peak of Clouds as that does a lot more damage than 5aps Deicide (as aps builds are meant to be DD'ing)
    Using this spreadsheet I found out my barb would deal the following damage p/sec (just as some visible proof):

auto-atk DPS

auto-atk DPS

Better to use g16 plate/helm for hp bonus.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Better to use g16 plate/helm for hp bonus.

Yeah the point of the post was aps, not hp.
    When the resources are there it's obvious to get 2-piece G16 bonus but for now my primairy concern is the aps, after that I can work around for enough HP to make it 20k+.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you can't afford full +7 G16 with immac shards or better don't go aps in the modern meta.

Stay vit, reawaken, stay vit, get full +7 gear, full +7 aps gear, +10 weapon, reawaken for the 2nd time and stat for aps

http://pwcalc.com/3348eb9f0ddb1c40

http://pwcalc.com/48262fb2bb0a65ad
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Ritters - Raging Tide
    Ritters - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hi all !!! im reading all ur post since NH update to make my barb aps . on 1st rb went aps build taking in consider all the opinions u all said bout it . but its great being barb and aps , more fun and not geting bored anymore .

here is my curent build

http://pwcalc.com/e510052434785d40

being 2nd rb and can hold agro only if other dds (sins , bms that most aps too) are max t3 +5 , only to these i managed to hold agro.

working on r8r chest and boots for interval on them + u get 1500 hp bonus from set.

but thnx for all ur advices !! love ya all
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited July 2014

auto-atk DPS

auto-atk DPS
    A bit late, but who knows someone else find it usefull

On average the r8r plate should get -int about 1 in 25 times. Of course it is possible to need 100 tries, but its not likely.
    If you think you'll be going R9 someday, R8r with -int is not a waste for the future either. With double int fists the r9 barb can wear 4 of the 5 r9 parts, so the its either the r8r chest or the belt+amulet to get that 5 aps. Its probably better and more convenient to swap only the chest.
  • kkkkasada
    kkkkasada Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hi, just a quick question
    http://pwcalc.com/491a4f3480a20793
    This build will be enough for everything? (tt 3-2 3-3 with my friend, ws etc)
    or need better refines? atm i havent money for pangu or +10 refines so a cost effective advices would be nice. Ty
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited July 2014
    kkkkasada wrote: »
    hi, just a quick question
    http://pwcalc.com/491a4f3480a20793
    This build will be enough for everything? (tt 3-2 3-3 with my friend, ws etc)
    or need better refines? atm i havent money for pangu or +10 refines so a cost effective advices would be nice. Ty

Profit effective i would solo 2-3 with that build. (i did when i had that kind of stuff)

Leave the TT99 at +5 or so, refine the G16 as much as you can. (i used +4/5 everything and +10 G16s when i had similar build)

It will probably be possible to do some 3-2 and 3-3, but not comfortable and you will probably die now and then at emperor/steelation
  • kamukaze
    kamukaze Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ty for fast reply
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited July 2014
    To elaborate a tiny bit more on 3-3:

When i was like that build, i could surely not solo emperor. It took too long and during that time too often he does things that require your genie or apoth. (AD/TOP/CE or apoth counterparts)

The way i did it back then was duo with a cleric. The cleric pretty much gets targeted for all the bubbles instead of you.
    The cleric IHs in turn itself and you and purifies when he slows you. When the cleric gets bubbled, it uses TOP if needed (depending on the amount of IH currently stacked on itself). This way its not going very fast but reasonably certain, only like 1 in 10 times we failed, usually when the cleric gets more bubbles than she could handle, sometimes when it slowed me just after my spark while the cler is in bubble and cant puri. (and apoth/thee is on cooldown)

If you try to duo it with another DD and no cleric, he will need to be stronger than you probably. With an equal geared BM by your side, the chances of succes rise dramatically compared to solo (because now the fight is shorter so its more likely you can handle the stuff he throws at you with your genie/apoth) but still wasnt too good.

Steelation is more of a lucky thing. sometimes he prevents you from running when he apses. AD/sutra can save you. Sometimes he apses so often that you have to stay on range and you need your apoth/genie to heal because you arent getting paint heals. I gave up on steelation when i was equiped like that, even with the cleric. It is not impossible though, but if you fail half the times, its just no fun.

Colluseast you just have to resist its purge with spark/ad/sutra. If you are fast enough to do that (must be green lag), there is no problem.

2-3 on the other hand is solable after you practice some on pulling and separating the mobs on ancient evil. It is also nice that the drops are not so luck depending. You get a steady income out of 2-3 that is better than you will get out of 3-3 per hour.

I had at that time some 16k HP standing. I assume you also have more than in the calc you linked with the nuemas, meridians and cards etc.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Oh I just checked the calc link and I suggest rolling the g16 helmet and go for r8r boots. There's not only the chance to gain another -int, you'll also get another 1500 HP. the set bonus is by far better then the G16 one (900 HP). Both would be nice tho. The 5 Attack lvl bonus from g15 is neglicable I guess.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • dreenan
    dreenan Posts: 9
    edited January 2015
    So, after absence of the game for almost two years I noticed some changes.
    Also, most of my friends changed server and I will restart, going for Claw Barb again.
    My question though, for what endgame equipment should I go for?
    Thanks for your help.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    dreenan wrote: »
    So, after absence of the game for almost two years I noticed some changes.
    Also, most of my friends changed server and I will restart, going for Claw Barb again.
    My question though, for what endgame equipment should I go for?
    Thanks for your help.

1: Full R9, triple int fists. (Even Joe would be jalous)

2A: Full R9, double int fists, int R8r chest to swap for 5 aps (losing the R9sets attack levels but retaining the other bonusses)
    2B Full R9, double int fists, swap belt and amulet for lionhearts for 5aps. (From a balanced build perspective this is slightly inferior to 2A, it is actually not inferior when you consider that you are using your APS against bosses who deal almost exlcusively physical damage)

3A: Double int fists, R8r int chest, R8r boots (set bonus with chest), G16 sleeves, G16 helmet, Elemental warsong belt and cube neck.
    3B: Double int fists, R8r int chest, G16 sleeves, G16 boot, G15 helmet (set bonus with the pants) Elemental warsong belt and cube neck.
    3C: Double int fists, G16 sleeves, G16 chest, G16 boots, G15 helmet, Lionhearts belt and amulet.

4A: Single int fists, R8r int chest, R8r boots, G16 helmet, G16 sleeves, Lionhearts belt and amulet.
    4B: Single int fists, R8r int chest, G16 boots, G16 sleeves, G15 helmet, Lionhearts belt and amulet.

5: Single int fists, G16 Chest, G16 helmet, Ashuras boots and sleeves, Lionhearts belt and amulet.

Start at nr 1 and go down till you find one that you think you can afford. Dont go don too low. Ashuras gear sucks on a barb.

Everything goes with int tome and int cape of course. and G15 int pants unless full R9.
    You could modify some options and start being 5aps without a tome and an R8r chest in combination with all the crappy TT99 gear instead, but i dont really like that. The tome is tradable. Try to make as little non tradable temporary **** as possible (TT99 and if you end up R9, R8r boots), preferably none at all. Also make your G15 pants, G16 armors and single int weapon tradable so you can upgrade later.

If not R9, it is advisable to also have the parts of G16 that are not in the APS set so you can swap to full HA for pulling and PvP. If you dont do this, option 3C would be clearly inferior to 3A and 3B. If you do swap, same story as for 2B. The reason to use 3C while having elemental items on swap would be because you have those items anyway if you started out with build 4 or 5 initially. If you can step in on a build 3 and dont yet have lionhearts ornies, better go for 3A or 3B.

2 years ago, double int fists were probably a dream and triple int firsts something you didnt even think dreaming off. Nowadays double int fists are sold for pennies (300m penies or so) and triple int fists are still rare but come around every now and then and you might be able to get them for a billion or so.
  • dreenan
    dreenan Posts: 9
    edited January 2015
    Wow! Thank you very much for this very detailed Update.
  • knownase
    knownase Posts: 13 Arc User
    Memories...still a claw Barb to this day! haha
    Ice Bear is pleased.
  • dtain
    dtain Posts: 25 Arc User
    I feel a lot of nostalgia reading this sticky again. Damn it was back in 2011... I made my account back in 2010 lol damn this was a long time ago. I come back today just on a whim to see how the game is moving along and I see it has yet another expansion just a couple months ago. I use to be so sure this game was dying. I guess it'll never die.
    sage barb best barb