Server change possibility

Options
aneles
aneles Posts: 6 Arc User
edited July 2017 in Suggestion Box
I don't know if this has been discussed before or not, but I would like to suggest a server change possibility in upcoming updates.

Why?

1. I am playing on a server where I barely can join any events, because they are either in the middle of the night or during work for me; I have never participated in a tournament, or gm events, or most of the other events, which might make my game experience more fun;
2. I would like to be able to play with friends on the EU server
3. My motivation to play or even charge gold on this game is pretty much 0.
4. I am not willing to start from scratch, leaving a character, which I have been working on since 2009, behind.

I am sure I am not the only one in this situation.
So I am asking you, why can't you give us a possibility to change servers?

What I had in mind was some kind of server changing stone, which can be purchased in the boutique. Can also be made optional: like server change can be made only 2x per account or something (this should be up to you to analyse and decide).
If you don't know how that works, check out other games, who have this possibility (like Tera).

If you (and I mean the gms/devs) should say this is impossible, please also put up some solid arguments for the same, cause I'd be really curious to know why.

Would also encourage other suggestions from players here. :)

Thank you and have a nice day.

Comments

• phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Options
    Yeah, one of these threads pops up about once a month. Give or take a couple of weeks.
  • misanno
    misanno Posts: 53 Arc User
    Options
    if the server change stone existed, YES, I WILL BE DOING IT. my main is on the EU server, i dont get much lag, but when i go into west district, i pretty much just click up in the air the direction of the exit, 23 minuts later i reach outside west district,

i recently joined etherblade and ive disconnected once, and that was during the emergency maint. i have no lag there, and i want to bring my cleric, my storm, my blademaster (who i dont play anymore, she just has lvl 8 crafting) and my mystic

but the gms will make a note of this, reply to you and tell you to go to the server you want and start over
    during the server merge, got my seeker to r9 rank, got all medals, tokens, weapon armor molds, raptures and uncannys and the essences
    servermerge, ALL GONE
    "we are sorry but we can not help you with this problem, buy them again"
    i no longer play my seeker
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    i think soon or alter we will have only 1 server
  • nightosphere
    nightosphere Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    They said they won't do it mainly because it'll take too much time for them to get all of your character info and inventory/bank items copied over to the new server.