This game still worth it?

nottunyx
nottunyx Posts: 11 Arc User
I've been playing the game since '09, used to play almost daily for years. sometime in the late 2013s/early 2014s i stopped playing due to real life stuffs.
Recently decided to come back for lols.

And i'm thinking of buying a r9 for one of my characters just for sh*ts and giggles (and maybe a lil bit of casual Pk/pvp) because farming these days are boring and pretty much nonexistent

when i told most of my friends (the ones still playing) about my decision of this majority of them immediately told me either:

1.the game is not worth it anymore unless you're willing to sell your car to get anywhere
2. you're better off maxing out your g16, passives and spirit and roll a 1 click faceroll classs like sins/db cz PK is dead
3.take your 400 bucks and spend it on a better game somewhere else
4. you're about 5 years too late to start working on rank 9

Is this right? i still feel fun/enjoyment from playing this old game but i cant help to feel that they're saying is right.

Is it still actually worth it to spend real life money on this game? what do you guys think?
Tagged:

Comments

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    The grind to up to date is god awful nowdays and PWE is insistent on keeping it as such. I wouldnt spend much, maybe 20-50 to get started and so on and get myself up to date with passives, etc. before spending real money on this game.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • spartanschild#9765
    spartanschild#9765 Posts: 12 Arc User
    I feel like a section should be made for how often threads like these pop up xD
  • glay4fun
    glay4fun Posts: 87 Arc User
    Well it can be enjoyable if you follow some rules
    1) Never make long term investments like buying alot of gold during sale, becouse pwi has a habbit of changing theyr plans without notice.
    2) forget farming unless your willing to grind 12 hours for 10$ and thats if your realy well geared
    3) Dont think about PVP xD, i am r9+12/11 emp all passives and sky lvl maxed O'Myleys blessing with 15def lvl fully buffed sometimes get 1 hit in PVP. ye it got this hard
    4) You will be a nobody for years and years (atliest 5 years) unless you charge 100gold each month, only then will you be allowed to freely attend decent instances, else youll be too noob ;/

Other than these small things the community had it hard the last 3 years but there are still lots of friendly ppl willing to help out free of charge. The fun community is the only reason i didnt quit yet. Follow WC it usually makes my day :D
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Hello!

Obviously, I can't give you recommendations on how or where to spend your money, but definitely take a look at what sorts of activities you plan on participating in and to what level of gameplay you're trying to engage in. For most general purposes (PvE related) G16 should be sufficient (opinions will vary on this when you do random squads versus faction based activities. Disclaimer - I have not done Dawnlight Halls in G16).

If you are going for Rank 9, keep an eye out for when these items go on sale and the promos that run alongside them and talk to other people who have it and get opinions about it to see if that's an investment you'd like to make.

Good luck!
  • kyoske
    kyoske Posts: 163 Arc User
    NO the game isnt worth it, i never understood why people who finally manage to get out always try to come back in, stay away, you've been warned read around forums you will see what everyone else it saying. We should sticky one of these threads
  • coopoor
    coopoor Posts: 50 Arc User
    honestly the game isn t what it used to be long gone are good tw's there may be a few good xtw but the population has dwindled to the point where another server merger my be needed. Which would put xtw in serious trouble with very few new players coming into the fold the game has turned into a ghost town its too much money for new players to even bother making a char let alone that they are 300 levels behind in being competative for a tw or 2 that isn t happening on the servers right now. i play the game with my gaming wife an will play as long as we both are having fun. but i do see alot of players leaving or losing interest, whether it is real life or being bored of the grind. If you have active friends playing it may be fun but just to get started on game I can't see that happening.
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    As a new player - No.
    Just for PvP - No, unless you have lots of real money to waste.
    Just for PvE - Yes, PvE is simple and even Judgement Dawnlight Hall was little over an hour from start to finish.
    Already have gear but not played since primal release - Depends if you want to spend half a year doing dailies.

The game is now primarily aimed at end game players with the arena. I can only speak for my server but on Et, there is no PK so PvP aspect of it is dead on that server and it is now mainly a PvE server as shows in the xTW rankings. Can get scores with lots of lands and no bids on them but come across a faction of similar strength and we find it difficult as we have no practice on the server. (We did manage 2hrs of PK a couple days ago between a few factions which was great).

Farming is easy but at the same time difficult with the drops of instances being seemingly reduced by quite a lot and with PWI putting drops into boutiques such as Basic Badges, I feel PvE will eventually be killed off too.

#kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • sneakingzoe
    sneakingzoe Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Hey,

as always the right answer is: It depends ...

Core question in PWI is often your gear strategy and how you want to achieve your targets.
    I assume, if you want to have casual PK it is necessary but not sufficient to get r9.
    PWI implemented a lot of additional improvemets, which will improve your gear stats, e. g.
    - title
    - passive skills
    - spirit
    - star chart
    - waravatar cards/nuema
    - meridian-system
    - reborn
    - glyph-system

Hereby, not all improvements are just cashable, they also need at least a minimum of patient for farming and
    also a great potion of luck in gambling for getting the right results.

Of course, PWI will provide a lot of "attractive" cash "events" for achieving faster your defined strategy of gear level but it is in your responsibility how you want to achieve this target. Surprisingly, trading and farming isn`t very easy at all in PWI which will may motivate players with - gambling background - to go for the limit of cashing system and is may be also one success factor for PWI to maximize their profit.

Your personal challenge is to have a budget plan how to support all these improvements by a mix of farming, trading and cashing. Farming and trading is still possible with a lot of items and hopefully you are not wondering, why people are not writing official guides for their business ideas within this difficult trading and farming environment.

Finally, I read your request for "casual" pk. Well, most pk players you can`t state out as just "casual" gamers anymore. They are working really hard on their targets for getting gear and also train a lot their skill-level of PK. Casual players are more focussing on long-term plans for improving gears by having fun with grinding activities in PvE environment. So I would expect, that your expectation: "Spend some money, having fun in PK", will only lead to short happiness at PWI sales force and a lot of frustration on your side.

If you want to restart the game, you need to accept the long-term challenges.

This game still worth it? -> Definitly yes, because PWI still heading the challenge to offer new content.
    This game still worth spend real life money? -> Its a kind of gaming/gambling in a virtual environment you are not owning - spend always only money you can effort and will not miss in your real life. If you would regret to put this real life money in the game, don`t do it!