This game died long ago!

fansouthcorea
fansouthcorea Posts: 63 Arc User
only those that spent many $ , lieing themself that they still having fun!

ya they having fun hiting 100-200k on the few nabs that still in game :P

Comments

• forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    I never charged a penny and I still enjoy the game. I'm not end-game geared either, just your average R9. "Having fun" is subjective, not everyone needs to dump their wallet on this game to have fun. If you don't enjoy the game anymore, I think we both know what the solution is.​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User

I doubt they have fun doing that . Like you have to be an extreme kind of jerk to enjoy hitting someone with 100-200k. I do not pvp myself but I have seen pvp videos and I have only seen high lvl and high geared players fighting themselfs. I do not think someone will have fun against an oponent that is one shot and cannot put up a fight.
    giphy.gif

• aspiringapathy
    aspiringapathy Posts: 66 Arc User

I doubt they have fun doing that . Like you have to be an extreme kind of jerk to enjoy hitting someone with 100-200k. I do not pvp myself but I have seen pvp videos and I have only seen high lvl and high geared players fighting themselfs. I do not think someone will have fun against an oponent that is one shot and cannot put up a fight.

Absolutely miserable to aoe and see 10 people drop. Do I like a 2-3v1 where I know if I mess up they can kill me? Yeah. All the gear gap affords me is the ability to tank 2-3 average players and have that kind of rush. 1v1 tends to be super predictable so besides mass pvp which is limited to the weekend and Thursday atm...

I know very few people that like easy kills...most of them maining sins.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    I mean, I like hitting big numbers with a GM sword, do I count? /TrollFace

In all seriousness, the concept of what's fun is different for different people. I was F2P pretty much up until a I started working here. Initially, I was caught up in the rush to gear up weekly for TW's and that was the most fun I got out of the game. In my "golden years" (Feels old Zzzz), I don't see myself having that urge to TW/PvP like I once did. Nowadays, I just enjoy doing the PvE aspects on my free time and then of course, coming on to do work during work hours.

If I ever leave the company, I'll probably still continue down the relaxed track, maybe start a PvE helper faction and just hang out, chat and do instances with friends. But for now, that's pretty much how my PWI life is structured - part of it being PvE and a majority of it work related and trying to improve the state of the game.
  • akitomeshi#9188
    akitomeshi#9188 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    i can almost guarantee that no one that gets hit for more than what their hp is worth and die with no dignity is not having fun. Well maybe those players with the pumpkin heads and catsuits might. I Wish one-shotting other players wasn't a thing in games. They dont think about how the player receiving it feel being treated worth less than trash. you can do big damage but as far as one shotting? i personally wish it wasn't in this game.
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    Unlike this game, Wizards never stop dying :blush:
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Well I actually knew a few trolls that enjoy 1 shoting people on the Etherblade server, I even remember one archer that loves to pm insults after he one shot undergear people. I would not say he was end game, but he had r9s3 with good refines and he was always targeting one shots like those alts on tt gear, low levels or really squishy casters, have not see him too much lately so maybe he quit.

But yeah there are also some that like to capture the stuff and upload it to youtube, others just put it on their forum signature, also there are plenty that wc stuff like: "I hit X person for 100k lolololol" or something like that... So is not really that hard to find them. And this is not something only on this game but also plenty of others.

I also remeber many times being in events like NW in a situation in wich I was in a 1 on 1 against someone same gaeared or even better geared than me, sometimes it was 2 or 3 vs me, and after their first dead they call full squad and totally destroy me :D
    On pk was more common with people using squad or faction signets on a 1 on 1 :D

Probably the best example of people like that I saw on other game from other company: A guy asked both on their forum and on different youtube videos of that game: "How much does it cost to have top tier gear?"
    When he was asked: "why you want that if the game is not even released?"
    His answer was: "I am a guy who work all day and i want to have fun, and what more fun than one shot and humiliate nabs and no life f2p kiddos " :D

Now usually I would take that as trolling, but he was actually being serious. :p

Of course not all people is like that and some players actually want to have the best gear just because they are very competitive and they have the money or the time to get it.

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator

Given the the game has supposedly been dying since 2009, it's not doing so bad.

Where's bearish to hit it with IH when you need him?​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    THIS GAME DIED LONG AGO!

OMG, what a topic! You just made us open our eyes. Such a revelation, such a fresh idea. I'm sitting trying to comprehend what you've said and thinking how I will live with that info from now on. Really, that's so new and informative. I don't think anybody has said it before normal-42.gif

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • wildz2
    wildz2 Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Been playing since september (2016).
    Been having fun since september.

Spent a big 20$ (i think?) overall to get me started.
    Feels like a good investment imo.

What is dead is your fun.
    Of course playing the same game for 7 years and seeing changes you don't like sucks.

But for new-comings like me there is a lot of stuff and fun to explore.
    Gotta avoid these r9rrr+12 for the moment, but meh, people being better than me doesnt take away all the fun.

Need to relay a bit more on merching than on farming...different strategy, is it less fun?
    Does anyone really enjoy 16h straight killing the same bosses in tt more than the buy/sell stuff?

If its sooo dead like you all claim, why you bother making a thread?
    Move on.
  • akitomeshi#9188
    akitomeshi#9188 Posts: 12 Arc User
    rieihdius wrote: »
    Well I actually knew a few trolls that enjoy 1 shoting people on the Etherblade server, I even remember one archer that loves to pm insults after he one shot undergear people. I would not say he was end game, but he had r9s3 with good refines and he was always targeting one shots like those alts on tt gear, low levels or really squishy casters, have not see him too much lately so maybe he quit.

But yeah there are also some that like to capture the stuff and upload it to youtube, others just put it on their forum signature, also there are plenty that wc stuff like: "I hit X person for 100k lolololol" or something like that... So is not really that hard to find them. And this is not something only on this game but also plenty of others.

I also remeber many times being in events like NW in a situation in wich I was in a 1 on 1 against someone same gaeared or even better geared than me, sometimes it was 2 or 3 vs me, and after their first dead they call full squad and totally destroy me :D
    On pk was more common with people using squad or faction signets on a 1 on 1 :D

Probably the best example of people like that I saw on other game from other company: A guy asked both on their forum and on different youtube videos of that game: "How much does it cost to have top tier gear?"
    When he was asked: "why you want that if the game is not even released?"
    His answer was: "I am a guy who work all day and i want to have fun, and what more fun than one shot and humiliate nabs and no life f2p kiddos " :D

Now usually I would take that as trolling, but he was actually being serious. :p

Of course not all people is like that and some players actually want to have the best gear just because they are very competitive and they have the money or the time to get it.

Well, whadda gonna do. Trash will be Trash.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Nothing like beating those big-mouth only-gear guys. To be honest..it isnt much of a challenge since they mostly lack the skill to actually defend themselves when you close in on them in terms of gear. Granted...there have been alot more of these ppl back in the day but ofc it would become a rarity now that the average gear level is far higher than before. Add def charms and stuff to the equation and you know why 1-shotting isnt that easy anymore. Thankfully so.
  • darkfalconknight
    darkfalconknight Posts: 13 Arc User
    one shotting is still easy regardless of defense charms or not, if your under r9s3 then those charms will be rendered useless. The reason why i quit doin pvp is cause having to deal with those that had that crit dmg passive which made my archer completely useless. And even before that came around i was just barely surviving cause the casters were getting harder to kill as well as they were hitting harder, leaving us as archers in the dust on dmg as well as survivablitiy. if pw was to do some changes to the archer, to upgrade their dmg to match the rest of the ops, then they should of done so before the nightshade and before this primal crit passive was added. So now the only likely solution is to change the buffs on the nightshade and remove the crit passive, otherwise more will just quit and pw wont have anything.
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    lieing themself that they still having fun!

Translation: "I'm not having fun, so others can not be either"

Typical troll logic.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @darkfalconknight Lol what? You are surely talking about a massive disadvantage in gear again because equally geared caster get destroyed by archer in a selfbufded 1v1/after purge...you only deal no damage if you are massively outgeared and thatt's just the gear then, not the class. Archer are fine.

Look at archers damage potential at mac endgame with a GoF bow...no caster compared to that kind of damage..hardly any class, really.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    To be fair, considering i've been playing nearly from the start, there has been a huge decline over the years. That's probably natural in MMO's, but in PWI's case it's not helping that they keep making it more and more grindy.

I'm really curious what the actual active playerbase is in numbers, not counting catshops.
    And also how long PWI can actually be kept around, how profitable is this game still for PWE?

Obviously i'll never get answers to those questions because that's company information (and not counting catshops would be difficult), but still I wonder how PWI would be if it wasn't for the few big spenders on this game.

I really want to like this game, but the amount of grinding ultimately got me to a point where I had enough of it and just couldn't be bothered with it anymore. There's too much time you need to spend on mandatory activities to keep up with other players rather than actually having fun.
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User

Given the the game has supposedly been dying since 2009, it's not doing so bad.

Where's bearish to hit it with IH when you need him?​​

I disagree with you @sylenthunder game is on life support.
    Let me tell you some examples

You made getting coins in game Mission Imposible. Not even Tom Cruise would get coins in that game doing bh/fsp or farming lunar or farming Warsong

Lets face it you gave out the pills for the toons. That will keep busy people farming and selling mats or gears/weapons and etc to lower level alts. In that case coins goes from the right pocket to the left pocket.

Plus over the years DQ items has no value. Mirages you could sell them on NPC for 10k now cat shops buys them for 5-9k good job with that also.

Putting Wat avatar order on BH rewards ratio of getting a good reward poofed away. Not imagine someone to do QSM bh and get sockets or 90 chips *thats a real trollface* @kalystconquerer#0876

And yes NW is maybe the last thing that maybe left to some people to have fun and making coins as reward.

The post isnt personal to sylenthunder and to kalystconquerer but as representatives of the company we treat them a bit hard some times.
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    say, if the game is in life support like you say, then why I don't see them shutting it down?
    Looking at it from the company's point of view, it would be crazily insane to keep a game running if it was in such a bad state (financially). Trust me when I say that when the game REALLY dies, they will shut the servers down rather than creating new expansions (regardless of what the players will say about it)
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    ailiadrake wrote: »
    say, if the game is in life support like you say, then why I don't see them shutting it down?
    Looking at it from the company's point of view, it would be crazily insane to keep a game running if it was in such a bad state (financially).
    Because apparently they still earn enough from the people that cash, doesn't mean that the game is very alive, it just means it's alive enough or has enough people that cash in

Trust me when I say that when the game REALLY dies, they will shut the servers down rather than creating new expansions (regardless of what the players will say about it)
    Well, yes and no, because PWE doesn't develop anything for PWI, development is done in China, PWE simply publishes it here. So chances are when it actually does die here, China will still develop on for the game.
    Now if it wasn't profitable in China, then yes they would not create any more content and shut down servers.

Is it just me or are color tags not working anymore?
    @kalystconquerer#0876 you know anything about that?​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• adurotri
    adurotri Posts: 7 Arc User
    In some ways I'm inclined to agree after logging in after being gone for a few years officially. I believe the Devs really need to get to work and make new features that are actually enjoyable instead of **** with everyone. That's what's really hurting the game. The botters in China, because, each time they make it harder to make money in game, it becomes more grindy. It doesn't help.

You know how to reduce the grind and get rid of the botters?

1. Find software that works with the systems that can actually DETECT botters.
    2. Find a way to truly PUNISH the botters. In game.
    3. Reduce the P2W model or make it easier to actually get the stuff related to P2W in game through one means or another instead of buying it from someone. Make everything EARNABLE instead of 100% buyable.
    4. Add new features into the game that make it fun again and less grindy.
    5. Do a few reworks and reoptimize the game to make it work better with older systems. Improve the graphics a little bit too.

All of these are pretty basic ideas, the Devs really don't care about anything aside from money. However, I had some pretty decent customer service recently, so I can say it's not all bad. This game isn't beyond saving. It just needs someone who actually knows how to save it.
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    ailiadrake wrote: »
    Looking at it from the company's point of view, it would be crazily insane to keep a game running if it was in such a bad state (financially). Trust me when I say that when the game REALLY dies, they will shut the servers down rather than creating new expansions (regardless of what the players will say about it)

By economics view game profits are nice. But what about the players? Where is the player base? Do you see any new people rnning around that they are not alts of an alt of an alt of a main ?

DA, is so dead, that even loyal players they dont even play anymore.