Has Perfect World made it impossible for new players to start playing?

13»

Comments

• kyoske
    kyoske Posts: 163 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 as it relates to your question about glyphs they were being bought for 4m on TT but i see now where the price is falling, The lowest i see now is 3m, which isnt bad but this is following a similar pattern as many other items. Speaking from personal experience i didnt expect skills to come out which would require 50m spirit and 10m coins so i used up spirit for genies, now spirit accumulation isnt as fast as id hope and atm i can make more glyphs than i can use which is probably the same for most players(especially those with alts). From this i think that the demand for glyphs is dropping, i see no sense going crazy over something i wont be able to fully use for now. I also heard this from other players, otherwise from this like very item the demand will drop because there are more sellers than buyers
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    > @implode said:
    > If someone new starts game (genuinely new, not an alt of existing player), and they get to 100 (whether by exp pill or the slow way), reawaken, get to 100 again, reawaken again, get to 100 again... what then? They can farm passive skills and improve somewhat, but chances are they're still wearing TT90 or TT99. They can show up to NW and get beat to a pulp, get some raps and cannies and get as far as s2.
    >
    > But then they're absolutely stuck. They can't farm s3 because nobody is going to invite a clearly new char to a full WS run.

Anyone who wont invite tt99+ players to warsong need to give their head a frigging shake. If anyone is on TT server and needs to learn warsong and has tt90+ gear write on my wall. I have no problem running warsongs and teaching every class how to do their pav (some restrictions may apply, i am. Not that knowledgeable with the new classes but we can work it out if you know your skills)

With current cards, neuma, rebirth and passives there is absolutely no reason to restrict old instances like warsong based on gear you FARM from warsong. Thats just silly. Not to mention its a six man squad with 5 pavs.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    @kyoske idk about others but I for one will not put money or much effort into runes until it's more attainable. We need what hundreds for runes to pick up and become relatively op around lvl8 and do that 6 times? I probably can afford nuema portal and a few rebirths before getting 6 lvl8 runes not trying to sound pessimistic but I'd like to see how a decide or judgement mode drop rate of this instance looks like with it actually working before I decide if I really want to put forth effort into runes market. I am curious how much some cash shoppers on china can even afford lvl8 runes at what 4m per lvl1 rune
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • nightmare201
    nightmare201 Posts: 50 Arc User
    So I've said this before, but I think it bears repeating so people understand exactly where I come from -

I started playing in '09, right before the first chance packs hit, just shy of being able to qualify for the new Anniversary gifts for the years every single year. I was F2P practically right up until I started working here. I was on HT and then rolled onto Archo server when it opened. I've seen and lived though alot of what players are talking about here. I rolled a Cleric then rolled Mystic so alot of my gameplay time is through the lens of an AA class.

That being said, it's nice to see players who come out and who post more lengthier posts and who engage, so I'll try to see if I can hit all the points brought up in the OP -

1) There still seems to be a market for this, at least on Etherblade. Generally speaking, people ignored the direct sale of mats in the boutique in favor of having dedicated faction crafters or friends to get all the masteries. This sort of coexistence faded a bit with the ability to get your masteries.

That being said, I do not have fond memories of trying for the 2 star weapons you needed.

2) The DQ system is one of the few extremely touchy subjects on the forums, especially those with long memories. The response to the removal of DQ was to do the point system while CN developed a way to fix this. I'm unclear as to why that system was phased out, but I know that that system repeatedly had issues and I'm sure Customer Support was marred with tickets about it. The nerf in DQ was a response to a botting problem in CN that, to my knowledge and memory of the time, that we didn't have at such a severe level.

Because I'm well aware of the history of DQ (as this was one I lived through), I specifically tell people who bring this up or ask for solutions to it that I can't discuss anything regarding this, so as to not set unrealistic expectations.

3) I would say over farming as well as the constant bonus events also contributed to this. Sins farmed whatever they could for coin for their gears or to fund their alts. I'm not sure when Warfront Crates entered off the top of my head, but I doubt that it solely caused the TT market to be strained.

4) PWCN decided this. Even I don't remember how this dungeon was prior to the rework and I don't remember how many people actually ran it for the materials. There's very little footage that I could find of the original instance and to ask it to be restored to it's old form is probably impossible at this point given the limitations on what they can touch regarding old content.

FC was an interesting beast, because we had just as many players for it as against it.

5) Ties into 2 a bit, as you've pointed out.

6) Gears in this case can also be a hard gate, since people do ask for weapon links.

7) Merchanters don't really share their secrets since if they find a good market they'll want to keep a hold of it. There's definitely some tried and true markets out there, but it's not really my place to tell you what and how to merch.

What I don't talk about on the forums is the projects I work on in the background that addresses alot of these issues. It's something I touched upon in the DQ section, but one of the reason's being that I don't want to say "we're definitely doing x!", then have to retract it due to some last minute issues. But alot of these things are definitely being looked at and discussed.

Some other points mentioned throughout the thread I'll touch upon :

Dreamchaser Packs - First there was a shortage of this and now there seems to be too many. I can always cut the supply of them, but then anyone who comes in after a certain point or anyone makes a new character will be disadvantaged. I'm still floating the idea of a "started code" that can be redeemed for new characters.

Pricing in the Cash Shop/ Old Content - There is a hard cut off on how cheap we can make any particular item and how long/frequently an item can go on sale. While I generally try to be as fluid as possible with the Cash Shop (adding requested items, cycling in sales of requested items), CN definitely has a say and will add/change/request things. Promos are our way of not only giving spending players something a bit extra, but it allows us to be more flexible with how items enter player's hands.

Boundary Quests - I'll check this behavior on our test servers, but this sounds like a bug when asking surtr about the specific example by nunuator. I'll see what CN says about it (if I haven't already-if I have, I'll have to poke them again)

Neverfall Content Issues - Progress is not being purposely gated (such as the instance, as that was not by design), unless you count Historical Phases. I've been assisting with checking and bugging issues and we should have these fixes coming in very soon!

As a side note, I am curious about how Glyphs are working and how the economy is reacting to it. Is it creating a new line of merchanting?

So I'll admit to having made the original post without doing a lot of in-depth diving on prices and whatnot, a good portion of the information I initially posted on is probably off-base or wrong.

1) As you mentioned, there definitely still is a market for the crafting materials in certain catshops, but I worry that it's simply not enough for a character to use it as a springboard for gear later. However, I doubt that's something you all could fix so I won't dwell on it.

2) I suppose I could've guessed this was a sore subject. Again, not something that can be readily fixed/you can talk about, moving forward.

3) As I mentioned in my original post, I don't think the Warfront crate was the sole factor. In fact I don't think it's even a large one per se, since the gear is bound and Nirvana still requires a high lvl of crafting to utilize. The biggest killer of TT in terms of using it as ones main source of income was the overfarming due to first sins being able to solo the entire instance with relative ease (And specifically the beginning of a gear disparity between certain classes, sins being able to utilize BP and also get 5.0 APS much easier with the rank 8 chest piece), and then later with rank 9 most classes only needing half or less of the usual amount of players to clear the dungeon. I understand completely that this is not really something that PWI has control of, as PWCN makes the content that comes here, but I'll talk more about PWI and it's interaction with PWCN later.

4) This is probably my most egregious example of not saying enough about a certain money making method in my post. You are correct that FC was a very strange beast, I recall hating FC for a long time myself because of how easy it made leveling in comparison. And before that, the gear usage of it was very useful at the time. But something I didn't take into consideration at the time of making the OP was that this is not the PWI of 2010 or 2012. This is the PWI of 2017 and things have changed a lot since then. Leveling is far easier, as many have pointed out in this thread, and coin from quests is a lot better. So FC isn't as much of a necessity. And with Pheonix Valley providing a decent way to get exp via a group that doesn't require people to buy spots, FC probably would've died a bit anyways.

5) Not much to say on it. Moving on.

6) I'm admittedly at fault here for not mentioning gear, as I had a faction who really helped me out in this regard. Gear is definitely going to play a factor into FSJ and your ability to farm this, and that would only increase the difficulty for a brand new player to do it.

7) Nothing to say. Going to touch on the next part you talk about at the end. On to the new comments you made!

8) Dreamchaser packs- I'd be fully in favor of a starting code for new players. I personally don't see a massive issue with dreamchaser packs, since it doesn't impact the game in a bad way, it's just helping new players not have a really rough time.

9) The cash shop- The CS and I have a very bad relationship, partly due to my long-standing addiction to packs and partly due to the amount of money I've spent on it that I really shouldn't have. I have often felt like I legitimately had to get gear via the CS, which others have talk about a bit in this thread, because the options to make money felt so far off and inaccessible, at least with my main being a BM. Since I didn't have 5.0 aps during the time when it was king, I couldn't farm like others. I wasn't a sin and didn't have a sin alt to use so I felt like anything related to that sort of farming was off-limits. Now this is of my fault and my fault alone. There were and still are ways for people to play for free, but I didn't look hard enough to find them. Anything else I have to say about the cash shop I'll wait till my ending comments.

The last two comments are more on balancing stuff so I'm not going to say anything on them since it doesn't pertain to what I'm talking about in this post, that being the ways to earn coins for new players (and frankly all players).

So you mentioned PWCN and it's addition of content as being a big issue for things like FC, the cash shop, and such. This was honestly a fact I was not aware of. As far as I knew all the cash shop problems came from PWI itself. I have always thought that it was PWI's decision to put r9 mats into the cash shop, that the anniversary packs and most other packs were only on PWI. I suppose had I thought about it I would've realized that everything pretty much comes from PWCN and PWI just copies and pastes. And I am actually sorry for that, because that's a big change in how to think about this. Now I will say that there's still been a lot of questionable decisions that I'm sure you have dealt with since you've been playing since '09. But it is good to know that not everything is on PWI's shoulders for being messed up. Admittedly it's a little sad to find out, but them's the breaks.

I really hope that the game will even up in terms of getting gear and getting coin for things that require it. I hope that this game will be something that can be turned around into a prosperous venture for all once again.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I believe PWCN needs to realise that restricting character progress to dailies does nothing for the game's longevity (at least not in our version). It drives competitive (and potential CSer) players away, it makes current players quit, it discourages new players and turns PWI into a solo game because people have no time to help each other when they have to make sure they finish their dailies first.

There is a reason people often say "stay if you want PvE, find another game if you want PvP". I don't believe things should be very easy, but some changes need to be done. Why have 6 Primal World dailies instead of 2? Why restrict dungeons to one key per day?
    People get bored of their current class or want to try a new class and resort to illegally buying accounts that are "up to date".

Neverfall was a step in the right direction as it currently has one daily and an optional daily for potions plus a lot of other content. New Horizons and subsequent Primal World updates were literally just dailies. Though, we don't know what will happen once they expand the Western Steppes map...
    ​​
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    dregenfox wrote: »
    Spirit simply contributes way too much to damage dealt/taken, and it really adds nothing to the game aside from being a number that you can only raise by spamming routine dailies.
    While I would agree that the farming of Spirit (which I still wish they would rename because seriously, that's not going to get confusing?) presents an additional barrier to entry for newbies, I would say the overall effect is better than previous efforts. Consider: prior to Spirit, PVP superiority was decided primarily by how many attack and def levels (and refines) you could acquire. Now we have Spirit which is, if I understand correctly, more directly relevant than atk/def level by way of there being more of it (isn't the ratio 10 Spirit = 1 atk/def lvl for PVP?). While the grind is a legitimate problem, I'd much prefer that to them slapping another 100 attack levels on the latest model of R9.
    2) The DQ system is one of the few extremely touchy subjects on the forums, especially those with long memories. The response to the removal of DQ was to do the point system while CN developed a way to fix this. I'm unclear as to why that system was phased out, but I know that that system repeatedly had issues and I'm sure Customer Support was marred with tickets about it. The nerf in DQ was a response to a botting problem in CN that, to my knowledge and memory of the time, that we didn't have at such a severe level.

Because I'm well aware of the history of DQ (as this was one I lived through), I specifically tell people who bring this up or ask for solutions to it that I can't discuss anything regarding this, so as to not set unrealistic expectations.
    It doesn't have to be DQ, but the bottom line is that money making needs to be more accessible to those who are lesser geared. Ever since APS farming became a thing, we've had a big divide between people with the OP gears du jour and people who didn't have access to them (or the rare case of someone like me who chose not to use them). Meanwhile we have this huge main world map which largely sits and rots because PWCN has systematically destroyed the lowgame with OP gear handouts (relative to level) and, most recently, removing coin from midgame quests which was initially put there to offset the loss of DQ in the first place. These two issues could solve each other if DQ values were restored, but that's by no means the only way to do it. The top priority going forward is that future money-making opportunities be accessible across the board. The current state of the glyph market is a good example (per my last response below).
    4) PWCN decided this. Even I don't remember how this dungeon was prior to the rework and I don't remember how many people actually ran it for the materials. There's very little footage that I could find of the original instance and to ask it to be restored to it's old form is probably impossible at this point given the limitations on what they can touch regarding old content.
    This is extremely interesting to me. What can you tell us about these limitations? There have been so many things in the past and present that were badly in need of a nerf, but were never touched. Meanwhile the old lowgame content was radically altered back in 2013. I'll be honest, this caused me to take what eventually became a 1.5 year hiatus from PWI, and at its onset I was fairly sure I wouldn't return at all. I loved the old lowgame and it was one of the biggest things I tried to get new players into. Since returning, I have not been able to recommend PWI at all to anyone. They can't fix issues of gear disparity regarding content, but they can change mob levels and remove old quests in exchange for a completely unrelated newbie area with a plot which is virtually unconnected to anything else?
    Dreamchaser Packs - First there was a shortage of this and now there seems to be too many. I can always cut the supply of them, but then anyone who comes in after a certain point or anyone makes a new character will be disadvantaged. I'm still floating the idea of a "started code" that can be redeemed for new characters.
    Do we really need more Dreamchaser Packs even for the newbies, though? The game already throws a mount, a flyer, endless free charms up to lv60, multiple OP weapons and armor sets, a crapload of teleport incense, pots, etc. etc. etc. at you, and not a single one of these things was ever necessary but for the aforementioned lack of coin making it harder for people to buy anything from the NPCs (as if they'd even know the NPCs sold anything at all). I've always said that Dreamchaser Packs were a mistake because they make what remains of the lowgame trivial, as nothing can touch you unless you're in an instance. Now that most of that stuff is present in the set level rewards, I'm aware that any complaint against this will fall on deaf ears, but I really do wish we'd can all that stuff was dialed back.
    As a side note, I am curious about how Glyphs are working and how the economy is reacting to it. Is it creating a new line of merchanting?
    I can honestly tell you that I've sent every eligible character I have (currently five) into Neverfall just to do the daily for glyph farming. I haven't even done the main quest chain on three of them yet. Rather, I'm focusing on selling as many glyphs as possible before that market gets cheaper. Above all, I'm glad that Lv1 glyphs have not been made unstashable like 90% of all other items released in the last few years. This is what I'm talking about as an example of monetary opportunities that are applied evenly - every character gets the same sellable resource, regardless of gear.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • blazerboy
    The biggest issue is the obscene blood amounts China already said to kaly if I'm not mistaken they don't intend to add them to the boutique and though Kaly does a great job adding means of addition bloods to the game for a new player or anyone attempting to return pre New Horizon than Pang Gu be with you. On your quest of getting that rediculous amount also factor in that's months of you playing the bench as other people can pvp and play competitively and you can expect if you try you're instantly deleted. You can cash all the sky lvls theoretically but it's pointless if you don't have all the passives atleast make it two dailies that are crucial or dailies don't take more then 20-3min MAX all these primal world dailies then you add homestead and stuff like bh on average all my dailies take 1-2hrs idk many mmos but doing this everyday for well over half a year mainly because of the bloods is extremely rediculous. I can't even convince friends to return mainly because of dailies qq
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    Lets be real we are all aware of this for a long time already and its just getting worse with every new boundary that we get , new ppl without ancient gift to help them gotta do dailies for half a year to just catch up rofl , where is the fun in that (?) , you cant pvp since ppl with 1k more spirit will just **** and destroy you , so you really cant do anything fun but to farm farm farm farm dailies which at one point just becomes more like a job.
    We all see kalyst is trying with login events , giving us info (which wasnt happening like this before) , actually listening to our problems and trying to help us solve them and thats all great but for new players that try to catch up 2-3 bloods from login event wont help with anything since for all passives and what not u need 1k of them and every new passives that come out that number will just skyrocket even more xD

Morai , primal , pv , uch for blood if you wanna catch up , bh , fsp , up , dh (if it gets fixed in next 6 months lmfao) and idk what else i forgot but bottom line is that for new players that are starting run like hell guys there are newer games that are way more newbie friendly and where u dont have to do repetitive farming for a year to catch up just to have some fun and with every new update it will just get worse and worse xD
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Actually it is like that. You will need several months in any game to reach the current endgame to be competitive to some extent (depending on what you wanna do). Then, any game will release new content updates and completely take away the value of the things you previously farmed for months on end. PWI may not be noobie friendly but it friendly to loyal players. People that have been full r9/NW ornaments ever since they came out can still be competitive today if all passives are done. In other games you couldn't even use equivalents of r9-gears for PvE anymore cause it would be too bad and even newer NPC gear would be better stat-wise.

Personally, I much prefer PWE's strategy and even hate it when they implement new gears (like g17 atm) and much ruther take improvements which everyone can get for free (passives, etc...). Even charts and cards are for free if you are patient enough. The thing with the other games is that you nearly need exactly the same amount of time to go from vanilla to endgame compared to going from Addon x (when starting out) to endgame as well and you also need the same amount of time to go from vanilla endgame to addon x endgame. Latter is why I don't like such games. PWI can be criticized for many things but not for taking away the value of your stuff (purely in terms of gear (if you discount the r9r fiasco when NW came out, RIP Nirvana). Everything has a good and a bad side. I can recommend PWI for ppl that already are geared. Then its quite the game. However, I would never recommend it to newer players. Waste of time.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Actually it is like that. You will need several months in any game to reach the current endgame to be competitive to some extent. Then, any game will release new content updates and completely take away the value of the things you previously farmed for months on end.

This simply is not true for every game. I play 3 other games where you can be competitive right out of the starting gate with end game players and updates only add to the content rather than make old content unvaluable or obsolete.

PWI needs to realise that MMORPGs are on the decline and the NA population (and a lot of the CN population as well) are leaning towards MOBA and FPS type games specifically because they do not want to invest a huge amount of time in a game just to have it washed away the next update, and because today's players do not have 3-4 hours a day to spend doing the same quests over and over again.

If PWI wan'ts to maintain its playerbase they need to MINIMIZE the amount of grind otherwise players will continue to migrate to other games that require less work for more payoff.
    ​​
  • blazerboy
    edited April 2017
    What @eirghan basically the fact joe can find time to do ALL pwi nonsense in a single day in like 5 toons despite work and social activities imo is either really impressive on time management skills or he honestly doesn't have that many demands in real life compared to the AVERAGE player.

Not sure how everyone else's schedule is set up but for me wake up go to work come home roughly at 4-5pm my time which at 5pm is reset hurray for DA then it's let's do BH just so I can get atleast 30 active points to do the BARE min of starchart and Primal bloods. Then I'm doing Western Steppe daily and depending who you are you probably wanna add 30min to that for Daily PVs along with faction base quest, maybe do morai Ik I do it for runes and other little dailies I haven't covered but JUST THE BASICS TAKE ABOUT 3-4 hours on average lmfao GG PWI GG Kaly is great but idk if she can save us from the same cycle we live with our volunteer part time job called PWI DAILIES by then I should consider bed soon because if I take 4hrs it's about 9pm and gotta work right. Oh did I forget doing rooms of tower throughout the week and w.e else we have to consider that needs to be done all in all dailies take up the majority of the time you could be having fun activities such as farming with your friends pvp or farming your own coin just to progress like wth ig the average player can only farm weekends if they have time ._. This is usually how it is for me. Hope for others it's a lot more flexible
  • nightmare201
    nightmare201 Posts: 50 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    What @eirghan basically the fact joe can find time to do ALL pwi nonsense in a single day in like 5 toons despite work and social activities imo is either really impressive on time management skills or he honestly doesn't have that many demands in real life compared to the AVERAGE player.

Not sure how everyone else's schedule is set up but for me wake up go to work come home roughly at 4-5pm my time which at 5pm is reset hurray for DA then it's let's do BH just so I can get atleast 30 active points to do the BARE min of starchart and Primal bloods. Then I'm doing Western Steppe daily and depending who you are you probably wanna add 30min to that for Daily PVs along with faction base quest, maybe do morai Ik I do it for runes and other little dailies I haven't covered but JUST THE BASICS TAKE ABOUT 3-4 hours on average lmfao GG PWI GG Kaly is great but idk if she can save us from the same cycle we live with our volunteer part time job called PWI DAILIES by then I should consider bed soon because if I take 4hrs it's about 9pm and gotta work right. Oh did I forget doing rooms of tower throughout the week and w.e else we have to consider that needs to be done all in all dailies take up the majority of the time you could be having fun activities such as farming with your friends pvp or farming your own coin just to progress like wth ig the average player can only farm weekends if they have time ._. This is usually how it is for me. Hope for others it's a lot more flexible

I work out of my house and mostly just have lost a lot of interest in the game so I don't play much. But when I made a concerted effort to play while also doing a retail job (about 40 hours a week or more, 5 work days) I felt like I had zero time to play in any way that would be effective, and the fact that the main reason I was wanting to play (TW and xTW) was either not available time-wise or I was so behind on gear/spirit/everything else just made me quite for awhile.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Even if you have time for dailies it is still boring to do the same quests everyday.
    giphy.gif

• sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    With every new patch that comes out it will just bring more and more dailies and will be even worse for new players or ppl who took a break , in this regard what can be done is simple , instead of putting pills to let u run through astral , mirage , shifting and eventually twilight sky lvls for lets be real insane amount of gold for any regular or casual players why not talk to china to work on implementing an npc that would enable new players to skip certain sky lvls to reach at least shifting or even twilight sky and give them a certain amount of bloods to be done at least with some passives from start , that would really help new players so much and proly some returning players and would revitalize the game at least a bit imo.

Now on the 2nd problem we have that we should start working on is downscaling rewards from some events.
    With china having way bigger player base and more servers the events that we get work fine for them but fall short for us, what im refering to here is homestead arena , new colosseum and even TNF.
    Problem here is that we lack ppl to push us to top tier rewards in these events , lets say homestead arena from what i see very few ppl manage to reach 2.3k point reward and system is designed that as u go higher in points u get less points from enemies that u fight with bigger point gap so if u get to 2.3k and u fight rest of playerbase thats 1.7-1.9k maybe u will start wining 0 points and loosing 70-100 so 2.6k and 3k point rewards are impossible to get , same goes for colosseum arena a decent amount of possible coin we can get is impossible to reach since the amount of players participating is 2 low compared to china which has proly no problems with ppl reaching these rewards , same goes for TNF we dont have the playerbase to fill the event to reach more rewards.
    So what we should be doing is pushing china to downscale these events for us at least.

Oh i also forgot one annoying part , arena is good and all that but matchmaking shows severe problems we have in our version , cause of lack of players doing it (and lack of players compared to china) its getting really hard to find battles at some point , if u fight a team in 3v3 its designed that u cant fight it right away after that.
    Now this is really bs since my and 1 more team fought each other and both queued up for another fight but since no1 else queued up we both sat in queue for 40 mins without finding any oponent before giving up, now this is just fking INSANE. XD
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    I'm currently inching my way to Twilight 6, and just ran out of spirit to learn new skills. I'm amazed that my spirit went so quickly after essentially having it stockpiled for years untouched but it gets eaten up 50m at a time.

The new questline is at least interesting which is more than can be said of the entirety of Primal world so far, and the weird abortion that is Morai.
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • valdisalt#7850
    valdisalt#7850 Posts: 11 Arc User
    Simple answer is yes.

They gave out the 100 and ra 100 pills but that can be done in a week anyway. The distance between making new characters and being able to be competitive is absolutely massive on this game. The game is pretty much P2P and every sale / update is aimed at those with the most money instead of the server as a whole. Its unfortunate but there are plenty of other MMOs which are easier and cheaper.