Scheduled Server Maintenance - Neverfall Expansion [4/12/2017 - 10 PM PST]

Options

Comments

• clyknight
    clyknight Posts: 128 Arc User
    Options
    *pokes head in*

Also as a side note - there are certain processes in place to make sure that the game goes up and down in one piece. Due to things Im not at liberty to discuss, we can not do these alluded to "live update" with zero downtime. This, in so many words, does not work for our specific title.

be nice if it actually came "up" in 1 piece all the time" but thanks for checking in :)
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Yeah I just checked the work channel and servers should be up and LIVE!

I'll be patched at the office since I didnt even start patching at home properly until a few minutes ago. I'll be in the office super early today, so I might open that thread a bit early too!
  • tiyassomu
    tiyassomu Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    For big updates like this PWI must consider to make manual patches, its much more faster and reliable to update with manual patches for such huge updates.
  • po210
    po210 Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Options
    i have a q
    can i patch in many times...cuz..wow its big..i gonna do in different place to not be harassed..

Normally i play on my cellular allowed net data..so ya i have to take care
  • iamtearsh
    iamtearsh Posts: 103 Arc User
    Options
    WTB manual patch so i can just IDM this update :'(
    x9YPRak.jpg

• vendi#0954
    vendi#0954 Posts: 12 Arc User
    Options
    xdarknouzx wrote: »
    Can anyone give me an information about the size of the patch?
    Thank you.

i was wondering too, how much is the size of this expansion
    just asking about that cause in my country we must paid for every mb of data and i don't have much data left
    Thank You :smile:

• kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    I'm not even sure if Vanilla can hold our manual- back then, they had links to patches. I dont remember if there was a redirect link to any "hosting" site, I just remembered clicking and just straight downloanding. If Vanilla already hates on extremely large, high res concept art I dont know how its going to link a huge game patch.
  • tiyassomu
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm getting this weird issue that the new startup UI won't fit in my screen resolutions. OEuuZJq.jpg

If you look clearly the Start button cannot be seen.
  • po210
    edited April 2017
    Options
    you know just an approx can be cool... like 4-6 gig or 8--10..just to give idea to what do

Cuz stay in coffe 3 hours..nahh i gonna come back tommorow
  • vendi#0954
    vendi#0954 Posts: 12 Arc User
    Options
    po210 wrote: »
    you know just an approx can be cool... like 4-6 gig or 8--10..just to give idea to what do

omg 4gb ? if that is true then i wust wait for the next month to update
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    vendi#0954 wrote: »
    po210 wrote: »

omg 4gb ? if that is true then i wust wait for the next month to update

Judging from how long its taking my client to update and assuming the update servers arent completely overwhelmed, 4GB sounds a lot but might be the case here.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    @tiyassomu whoa thats super weird! The launcher definately shouldnt be that wide but that shouldnt mean the Start butron straight up vanishes hrm...

Fun side note - we had to actually have this launcher redisigned for our banners because they had a vertical banner display going. So it was changed up a bit. Could you try changing your resolution and seeing if that brings the start button back? Oh and what resolution are you running at?
  • tiyassomu
    Options
    I'm running at 1360 x 768 landscape resolution which recommended by the system.
  • linder420
    linder420 Posts: 38 Arc User
    Options
    tiyassomu wrote: »
    I'm running at 1360 x 768 landscape resolution which recommended by the system.

im using same resolution u may have to right click the toolbar at the bottem and go to properties and checkmark the Auto-hide option so the tool bar is retractable and u should see the start button on the launcher
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\Stoner_zpsc496e801.gif[/SIGPIC]
  • thedoc1212
    thedoc1212 Posts: 135 Arc User
    Options
    i have the start button but it would be nice if the icon thats updating would be centered and not lower center on my screen. Just a thought i looks wierd like it is and i can't drag it and make it stay, it just keeps going back to this point.
  • tiyassomu
    Options
    linder420 wrote: »
    im using same resolution u may have to right click the toolbar at the bottem and go to properties and checkmark the Auto-hide option so the tool bar is retractable and u should see the start button on the launcher

Well i tried but still the nothing changed.

• po210
    Options
    tks for the toolbar info that work the play button have been free
  • aerose#5941
    aerose#5941 Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I've been trying to update for 3 hours now, just how big is this new patch, I wonder?
  • tiyassomu
    Options
    Should be around 1.5 GB not more than that.
  • axel320
    axel320 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @tiyassomu whoa thats super weird! The launcher definately shouldnt be that wide but that shouldnt mean the Start butron straight up vanishes hrm...

Fun side note - we had to actually have this launcher redisigned for our banners because they had a vertical banner display going. So it was changed up a bit. Could you try changing your resolution and seeing if that brings the start button back? Oh and what resolution are you running at?

The button is still there -- you can see it in the very bottom right. The problem is that this launcher's size isn't dynamic, and it's so large compared to his screen resolution that the button is barely even visible (and mostly hidden behind the taskbar).
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    Alright in the office now - I'll be hopping onto live to check how things going, but I was able to get a character into the new zone! I'll be opening up the two threads for questions and the other for bug reports!
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    @h3llsmaw I actually asked about the Bears and Egg smilies a little while back. I haven't gotten any wind of why they removed but if they can add a new set of smilies, I don't see why they could reintroduce them back (for reference - there wasn't a hard no on them at all, its just a topic I'd have to ask them about again. since it could have gotten lost in the shuffle) I'll send them a new poke about it post expansion.

Also. the OP has been updated - we look to be all good tonight!

Yes, the system can handle 8 smiley sets total. They just refuse to use more than 5 or 6.

Swordman was removed because of some copyright infringement with another game. (My favorite set too.) It would be stupid easy to port anything from FW into PWI though. I mean, that's basically how they made Morai.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kemetician
    kemetician Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    I was hoping for a Twilight Sky pill..after all everyone isnt't TS 6..and the telecoustic idea..although will help with spamming...seems a bit extreme..1 hour in on download and still no blue bar..
  • limitdextrin
    limitdextrin Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    Wow my system's been on for like 6 hrs for the neverfall update.I may as well download the game from scratch :(
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    Options
    @h3llsmaw I actually asked about the Bears and Egg smilies a little while back. I haven't gotten any wind of why they removed but if they can add a new set of smilies, I don't see why they could reintroduce them back (for reference - there wasn't a hard no on them at all, its just a topic I'd have to ask them about again. since it could have gotten lost in the shuffle) I'll send them a new poke about it post expansion.

Also. the OP has been updated - we look to be all good tonight!

Yes, the system can handle 8 smiley sets total. They just refuse to use more than 5 or 6.

Swordman was removed because of some copyright infringement with another game. (My favorite set too.) It would be stupid easy to port anything from FW into PWI though. I mean, that's basically how they made Morai.​​

Oh, the shade!
    But you are, in fact, completely right.
    DeffyNature
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    Wow my system's been on for like 6 hrs for the neverfall update.I may as well download the game from scratch :(
    I think the original client download is around 7 or 8GB now. Plus they likely haven't updated it to the newest version, so you'd still need the 4GB Patch.

It's largely because the patcher is slow AF updating the files at the best of times, and is exactly why we are always asking for a manual patch download like they used to give us regularly.​​

​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    @sylenthunder You wouldn't happen to remember exactly what it violated, do you?

Also the hard limit is weird, since we have the weird boy (?) one and the fish for the horns plus default, fox, monkey, tiger, pig and we just got the brand new smilies in this expansion update. Unless the default doesn't count as a set? In any case, the didn't give me a hard no on it just that they'll look into it.

• sylenthunder
    Options
    No, I don't recall offhand. I think it's another game PWE now owns publishing rights to though. I can try to look it up in a few.​​

​​
  • tiamat291944
    tiamat291944 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    Put manual patch please QQ Was waiting like 2 hours before sleep then got some, woke up and found out that patcher got error (win 8, k) and now i need like eternity to download this xD
  • fabianocst
    fabianocst Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options

Same situation here. A manual patch is needeed for everyone who has low internet connection like us. I have now idea when I'll be able to play again.