Scheduled Server Maintenance - Neverfall Expansion [4/12/2017 - 10 PM PST]

Comments

• torquoisegamer
    torquoisegamer Posts: 96 Arc User
    Anyways, woohoo for bh QSM! I'll finally be able to start building mats for when I make the r8s3 weap and inevitably need to reroll it.
    My mains:

TorquoiseBlu 103 | 103 | 103 Twilight Sky VIII psychic
    MidnighteBlu 103 | 103 | 103 Twilight Sky VIII duskblade
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Anyways, woohoo for bh QSM! I'll finally be able to start building mats for when I make the r8s3 weap and inevitably need to reroll it.
    Actually, I was wondering about that - has it specifically been said that the BH is the r8r version? IMO it would be hilarious if it were the comparatively-easier Morai g15s2 version that no one ever does. :P
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • torquoisegamer
    Actually, I was wondering about that - has it specifically been said that the BH is the r8r version? IMO it would be hilarious if it were the comparatively-easier Morai g15s2 version that no one ever does. :P

Wait, there's 2 versions of the 100+ QSM?
    My mains:

• greenfire312
    Wait, there's 2 versions of the 100+ QSM?
    Oh, hey Blu. This is Miug (haven't bothered to make a signature on the new forum system). And yeah, ask me and Suki to take you through the other one sometime. You probably wouldn't be interested in the mats, but it's kinda fun anyway.

Example of material for armor reforge/reroll you get from the other version. Again - not r8sX, just Morai gear. :P
    Etherblade server
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    QSM have two different instances.

The right NPC is for lower levels for QSM gear, but also at to get upgraded morai weapon which is typically farmed in the Lv95+ mode. The mode is depended on the squad leader that opens the instance. I dont remember the exact length of the instance, but around like 14 rooms?
    The left NPC is for Lv100+ and Mirage Sky X+ and drops r8r mats, also requires "keys" to enter (2 a day). The instance is significant more difficult than the other instance, not that it really is that hard though. This is the instance Im most familiar with (which is the opposite of the majority people lol) The instances length is always 24, 25, or 26 rooms.
  • greenfire312
    shopcheese wrote: »
    The mode (mobs levels and such) is depended on the squad leader that opens the instance. I dont remember the exact length of the instance, but around like 14 rooms?
    It basically plays identically to lower-leveled QSM, but the mobs are comparatively tougher. So it's not a specific number of rooms because it changes every time, but you have to find two bosses in order and kill them. The only major difference is that it gives all players the Morai g15s2 mats rather than only giving them to one person who kills the bonus boss in lower-level QSM (which I'm assuming most people don't care or maybe even know about because, again, Morai).
    Etherblade server
  • torquoisegamer
    Ah. Wasn't aware there was a 95+ bracket for QSM. I thought the only way to get those mats was EU and helping others with immolation order.
    My mains:

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Yes, the BH will be for the more difficult QSM - though that would indeed be hilarious if it was for the easier one.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    shopcheese wrote: »
    The mode (mobs levels and such) is depended on the squad leader that opens the instance. I dont remember the exact length of the instance, but around like 14 rooms?
    It basically plays identically to lower-leveled QSM, but the mobs are comparatively tougher. So it's not a specific number of rooms because it changes every time, but you have to find two bosses in order and kill them. The only major difference is that it gives all players the Morai g15s2 mats rather than only giving them to one person who kills the bonus boss in lower-level QSM (which I'm assuming most people don't care or maybe even know about because, again, Morai).

Not exactly, the instance is generated the moment you enter the instance (you can see that if you have a mirror to view map), but its first when you open the mode it decides which mobs and bosses there is.
    The "final boss" is the only boss that have a different number of rooms before it, this counts for both instances. Any other boss have always same amount of rooms.
    Forexample, boss number 3 (in hard instance) is always in room 22, this is counting entrance as room 1. Then its followed by 2 to 4 rooms for final (so final will be in room 24, 25, or 26)
    Its the same for the easier version though theres only 1 boss + 1 final, therefore I dont remember the numbers as it didnt matter to me as much going the wrong way 'cause I can just blast through the instance, while its rather annoying when you go 10 rooms wrong in the harder version.
    The instance isnt as random as people might think. Room count is only different by like 1 or 2 amount. (Im not counting dead ends, those are completely random in my experience)
    Here's a map I created http://i.imgur.com/u8pUzeH.png
  • grace83shin
    grace83shin Posts: 55 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876

You. Are. Awesome lol! I usually stalk the forums and hardly ever post, going to change that since I can come back to the game full time.
    Stormbringer Thaumaturg of Tideswell
    102/101/101 Chaotic Soul
    One lightning bolt at a time baby!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    just a thought but may wanna put a date stamp on that update for last night. At the moment it kinda reads you wont be doing the update tonight either.

I guess their are no important updates yet on this either?
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @heero200 You mean for the edited portion in red?

I should have a good solid update in about an hour here - finishing up some stuff in the office and double checking a few things.

If this change for telecoustics does end up becoming a severe enough negative, I could ask CN to try and modify it for our version if they'll allow for it. In the meantime, I'll leave a note for myself to keep putting free teles inside codes.

Hello @grace83shin and welcome back! Nice to see returning players around these parts and hope you enjoy the expansion!

Don't forget to read up on all the teaser blogs and the patch notes. Our wiki is slowly becoming updated as well by some lovely folks on the forums, so if you need to re-familiarize yourself with anything you can check there or hit the Search bar in the upper left hand corner of the forums to see if anything you're looking for has a topic about it! I'm pretty active on the forums and can field most questions you might have. Welcome back again!
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    sontzu wrote: »

There are several people on ET who enjoy spamming wc repeating the same sentence like 20 times, or people who type song lyrics in all caps for long periods of time. I don't think you need to wait 1 minute between teles, you just can't spam it. I suppose the penalty kicks in once the system detected you're spamming WC aka sending messages at a few seconds interval, so that shouldn't be a hindrance to recruiting or even casual chats. But that's just how i understood it, we'll see for sure tomorrow i suppose
    ​​
    You don't know how to use the blacklist? I reflexively block people that annoy me in wc, clean the list out occasionally. I never filled it yet.

valdisman wrote: »
    Such a money grabbing update to put into the game. Yeah you have the spammers but if you don't like it, just block them.
    This ^

implode wrote: »
    I hope this is true, are YOU crazy? :) Well, morelike I imagine you are on a different server.Yes, as I said subsequently, I'm on DA Like Pixel said, on ET we have to listen to WC being constantly spammed all day by:
    * People being gross and vulgar Learn how to shut them up. It can be done, and it's a useful general life skill
    * People repeating WTS links 20 times (same or different item), as if this is actually going to help their item sell faster Block them.
    * People yelling out song lyrics Correct their mistakes
    * People having a competition over who has (or is) the bigger **** Same answer as for gross and vulgar posts.
    * People bragging about which white named player killed who out west arch I find this entertaining...
    * People bitching about who had what buffs and what help from guildies when killing who out west arch Still entertaining, and if you want them to stop, just let them know how much you're laughing at them.
    On telecoustics before I answer anything else - there will be a pop up to tell you how many seconds you can wait to reduce the penalty and it will tell you how many.
    rd9efiba5jdg.png
    Looks to me like it's gonna be simple; post again in less than a minute and you get charged 2x teles, regardless of whether you're spamming or just having a conversation.
    Post again, 4x, then 8x, then 16x, then 32x.
    That is just 6 posts in a minute, and it cost you 63 teles. Now try having a conversation with someone, and waiting a minute after you say each sentence before speaking again.
    Bad enough they nerfed the size of an individual chat a couple of expansions ago, I am telling you now, this will kill most normal convos in wc

How about you make a character on ET and try apply your own advices there, like trying to shut up vulgar and gross people and see how that works.
    giphy.gif

• kalystconquerer#0876
    We're looking good for tonight! I'll head home for now and edit the post when I get home!
  • axel320
    axel320 Posts: 66 Arc User
    If this change for telecoustics does end up becoming a severe enough negative, I could ask CN to try and modify it for our version if they'll allow for it.

<3
  • sexyvampiremistress
    sexyvampiremistress Posts: 12 Arc User
    @marsda I thought people forgot about chat rooms! Those still exist and they're free to use, so use them! I remember there used to be one open constantly on HT for people who needed help with a FB, can't remember the faction.
    My old server was Heaven's Tear as well. Radiance was famous for having FB help rooms with people waiting for help and waiting to help.

@tricksie Alliance Horns will allow you to communicate with guilds you are allied with in game. The channel can not be seen by other players and you'll get the same sort of special text color and emotes like other horns features do. This could be a useful feature for communicating during different events. Disclaimer - we haven't tried these inside cross server areas, so I don't know if these will work in there.
    These alliance horns sound like they can be fun...

kittensiggyredone.jpg
  • torquoisegamer
    As far as the screenshot goes, charging if you've WC'd in the last minute seems a bit harsh. I think 10-15 seconds should prob be the threshold for spam.
    My mains:

• jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User

There are several people on ET who enjoy spamming wc repeating the same sentence like 20 times, or people who type song lyrics in all caps for long periods of time. I don't think you need to wait 1 minute between teles, you just can't spam it. I suppose the penalty kicks in once the system detected you're spamming WC aka sending messages at a few seconds interval, so that shouldn't be a hindrance to recruiting or even casual chats. But that's just how i understood it, we'll see for sure tomorrow i suppose
    ​​
    You don't know how to use the blacklist? I reflexively block people that annoy me in wc, clean the list out occasionally. I never filled it yet.

valdisman wrote: »
    Such a money grabbing update to put into the game. Yeah you have the spammers but if you don't like it, just block them.
    This ^

implode wrote: »
    I hope this is true, are YOU crazy? :) Well, morelike I imagine you are on a different server.Yes, as I said subsequently, I'm on DA Like Pixel said, on ET we have to listen to WC being constantly spammed all day by:
    * People being gross and vulgar Learn how to shut them up. It can be done, and it's a useful general life skill
    * People repeating WTS links 20 times (same or different item), as if this is actually going to help their item sell faster Block them.
    * People yelling out song lyrics Correct their mistakes
    * People having a competition over who has (or is) the bigger **** Same answer as for gross and vulgar posts.
    * People bragging about which white named player killed who out west arch I find this entertaining...
    * People bitching about who had what buffs and what help from guildies when killing who out west arch Still entertaining, and if you want them to stop, just let them know how much you're laughing at them.
    On telecoustics before I answer anything else - there will be a pop up to tell you how many seconds you can wait to reduce the penalty and it will tell you how many.
    rd9efiba5jdg.png
    Looks to me like it's gonna be simple; post again in less than a minute and you get charged 2x teles, regardless of whether you're spamming or just having a conversation.
    Post again, 4x, then 8x, then 16x, then 32x.
    That is just 6 posts in a minute, and it cost you 63 teles. Now try having a conversation with someone, and waiting a minute after you say each sentence before speaking again.
    Bad enough they nerfed the size of an individual chat a couple of expansions ago, I am telling you now, this will kill most normal convos in wc

How about you make a character on ET and try apply your own advices there, like trying to shut up vulgar and gross people and see how that works.

Many of us got a glimpse of the disgusting **** said on ET when a few started spewing it with cross server horns last week. Made me thank god I am on TT and don't have to see it.
  • leighlaa2
    leighlaa2 Posts: 10 Arc User
    "*Using World Chat in rapid succession will incrementally increase the number of Teleacoustics needed for each message, up to a maximum of 32. The cost will reset back to 1 after 1 minute."

If people are spamming... that's what blocking is for. BL full? How about instead, pwi, removed the limit for the BL. This tele thing is ****. It is only so pwe can make more money (or... maybe they want the game to die?)
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    leighlaa2 wrote: »
    "*Using World Chat in rapid succession will incrementally increase the number of Teleacoustics needed for each message, up to a maximum of 32. The cost will reset back to 1 after 1 minute."

If people are spamming... that's what blocking is for. BL full? How about instead, pwi, removed the limit for the BL. This tele thing is ****. It is only so pwe can make more money (or... maybe they want the game to die?)

Or players can just be charged more for spewing BS on WC.

Private chat is for conversations with other players. World chat is for announcements. Those who have a lust for attention are going to spew their BS in WC regardless of how many teles it costs. No worries there
  • deathsembrace#6917
    deathsembrace#6917 Posts: 26 Arc User
    kalystconquerer, any possibility of getting the beer smilies from another popular PWE title that is FORSAKENed to mention?!?! *hint hint wink wink*
  • irishbrit99
    irishbrit99 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I am all for the increase tele cost for spammers. It will reduce the amount of people spamming wc with every single little item they want to sell. Cost of teles might go up at first as people get used to the new system, but might actually go down. I read somethign about it being back to back messages being sent, so cost might not go up if you chat twice a minute so long as it isn't back to back.

Please don't come back to me about blacklist. I view the BL as a negative almost all the time. Sometimes, that one person ends up in my faction and I don't see them at all. Other times, that person might be forming the BH I need but was too lazy to form and I would not see it. When should the BL be used? When that person is insulting you.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @h3llsmaw I actually asked about the Bears and Egg smilies a little while back. I haven't gotten any wind of why they removed but if they can add a new set of smilies, I don't see why they could reintroduce them back (for reference - there wasn't a hard no on them at all, its just a topic I'd have to ask them about again. since it could have gotten lost in the shuffle) I'll send them a new poke about it post expansion.

Also. the OP has been updated - we look to be all good tonight!
  • deathsembrace#6917
    @h3llsmaw I actually asked about the Bears and Egg smilies a little while back. I haven't gotten any wind of why they removed but if they can add a new set of smilies, I don't see why they could reintroduce them back (for reference - there wasn't a hard no on them at all, its just a topic I'd have to ask them about again. since it could have gotten lost in the shuffle) I'll send them a new poke about it post expansion.

Also. the OP has been updated - we look to be all good tonight!

I honestly think it would be great to be able to see the beer smilies be brought over to PWI from FW, also have special sales on smilies that would not be time limited, or if so, for longer than a week.

v_v i miss those cute beer smilies...
  • deathsembrace#6917
    I probably do have a few there, I'll check and see what all the fuss is about.
    I'm old school HL, so my guess is the words "storm" and "teacup" will come to mind, unless some of the people that were banned on HL and DA have moved to ET lol

There we go... I said it, "BANNED". Yes, people do get banned for this kind of behaviour, IF enough people make comprehensible tickets. Don't go raging at CS, especially if your English isn't that great, as they'll just bin your ticket at best

EDIT:
    I actually asked about the Bears and Egg smilies a little while back. I haven't gotten any wind of why they removed but if they can add a new set of smilies, I don't see why they could reintroduce them back (for reference - there wasn't a hard no on them at all, its just a topic I'd have to ask them about again. since it could have gotten lost in the shuffle) I'll send them a new poke about it post expansion.
    I would love to see the Swordsman/Hero set back *begging with huge puppy eyes* ;)

Oh the days of when I just started to play on HL server (R.I.P.) and one known as Golgotha rampaging the WC endlessly...
  • irmoose
    irmoose Posts: 72 Arc User
    There's a change to the 100 BH? Are we losing instances again?
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Can we have real sales like profaned woods,, astrobana, +11-12 sales and perhaps items to reroll 3rd rank 8
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • tiamat291944
    tiamat291944 Posts: 9 Arc User
    irmoose wrote: »
    There's a change to the 100 BH? Are we losing instances again?

Nah, we will just get two types of bh. 1st is old, as we did before update. And 2nd is new, in new instances and with better rewards.
    You can take only one of these two types of bh everyday.